New Topic Respond to this Topic
Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 13th, 2013 @ 05:19 PM Reply

At 8/12/13 03:41 PM, Makeshift wrote: So I was just wondering, what sort of speeds do you guys get. Here I am so excited to be getting 45mbps, when people out there have more than 20x faster speeds.

~2.5mbps for €50 a month. Actually feels amazing compared to what we had about a year ago. Tfw Ireland.

At 8/13/13 12:26 AM, Ketzelkab wrote: I believe there is an English version on the PS1 as well.

The only official english version was for the Sega CD, so understandably it sold about 12 copies and now it's rare and expensive. There's also Policenauts which never got released beyond the walls of of nippon.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 13th, 2013 @ 06:45 PM Reply

I have a feeling I may have come across a game breaking glitch in Arkham City. I'm in the subway and there's one if those electrically powered doors you can zap to open, but it's one if the ones that's busted and will open a bit so you have to slide under it. It's right by a titan tank. Well, it won't even budge a bit for me to slide under it. I have to get through to destroy the last signal jammer so I can get through the museum and get to Mr, Freeze and Penguin.

damnit

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Ketzelkab
Ketzelkab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 13th, 2013 @ 08:59 PM Reply

At 8/13/13 06:45 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I have a feeling I may have come across a game breaking glitch in Arkham City. I'm in the subway and there's one if those electrically powered doors you can zap to open, but it's one if the ones that's busted and will open a bit so you have to slide under it. It's right by a titan tank. Well, it won't even budge a bit for me to slide under it. I have to get through to destroy the last signal jammer so I can get through the museum and get to Mr, Freeze and Penguin.

damnit

Double check a guide to make sure you're not missing anything... I played Arkham City about a year ago but I remember having some kind of trouble with that particular mission.

Twitter | Soundcloud | Follow me?
Let's stalk each other on the interwebs!

Ketzelkab
Ketzelkab
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 13th, 2013 @ 09:07 PM Reply

At 8/13/13 05:19 PM, Jackho wrote:
The only official english version was for the Sega CD, so understandably it sold about 12 copies and now it's rare and expensive. There's also Policenauts which never got released beyond the walls of of nippon.

Sega CD... Gross. I'd still like to play/collect these old Kojima games someday.

Twitter | Soundcloud | Follow me?
Let's stalk each other on the interwebs!

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 14th, 2013 @ 06:41 AM Reply

At 8/13/13 05:19 PM, Jackho wrote: Tfw Ireland.

Do all Irish people live in stone houses that have been painted white with a thatched roof? Also is there such a thing as Guinness men as oppose to milk men who drive around every day delivering Guinness straight to your door?

BBS + Chat Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!
Want to instant message me? [ Skype - DeanNewgrounds ]

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 24th, 2013 @ 03:34 PM Reply

Just beat Twilight Princess and I love that game. Took about 31 hours or something but I didn't find myself getting bored at any point. Maybe with the exception of the City in the Sky but I just wasn't finding that dungeon interesting. I'm going to go back and play through Ocarina of Time at some point as well, but it probably wont be the next game I play.

As for the next game, I'm thinking it'll be Skies of Arcadia Legends. After a real time combat game I think I'm in the mood for a turn based combat game and since my GameCube is already set up, it might as well be Skies of Arcadia. In fact, I might even alternate between that and Ocarina of Time. JRPGs can get a bit tedious if I play them continually.

Anyone here played Skies of Arcadia? Interested in hearing some opinions on it. There don't seem to be many good video reviews for it on YouTube. When it comes to GameCube JRPGs, Tales of Symphonia seems to be the one that gets the most attention. Got a copy of that too, but still haven't played it either.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 24th, 2013 @ 05:31 PM Reply

At 8/24/13 03:34 PM, Dean wrote: Just beat Twilight Princess and I love that game. Took about 31 hours or something but I didn't find myself getting bored at any point. Maybe with the exception of the City in the Sky but I just wasn't finding that dungeon interesting.

I did it in 36 hours the first time, but accumulated over 60 hours to complete it 100%. It's quite long for a non-RPG title.

City in the Sky was a nice dungeon in my opinion. Or at least, the boss fight was pretty awesome if I remember correctly. Personally, I thought the Temple of Time dungeon was a bit dull.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 25th, 2013 @ 12:25 PM Reply

A lot of people say that Twilight Princess was a mediocre Zelda game, not bad, not great, but I loved it. I think it takes a firm place as my 3rd favourite behind OoT and MM. What really let it down is the awful supporting characters that were forced into the limelight so much, Colin and Ilia.

Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 25th, 2013 @ 01:50 PM Reply

At 8/25/13 12:25 PM, VoidForce wrote: A lot of people say that Twilight Princess was a mediocre Zelda game, not bad, not great, but I loved it.

I loved it too. I don't really understand how anybody who enjoyed Ocarina of Time couldn't enjoy Twilight Princess. It essentially feels like a modernised OoT in just about every way. I guess I can understand that some people might not enjoy playing as Link in beast form but that was only slightly annoying early on in the game. Once you had the power to change form at will, it became less of an issue. And I only call it an "issue" because gathering all those bugs was kinda lame but not enough to consider the game bad.

Started on Skies of Arcadia Legends today. Only about 3 and a half hours in but so far it's a refreshing change. A JRPG centred on pirates. Air pirates at that. It has a combat system that's slightly different too. The entire party shares "spirit points" that are used for special moves and to cast magic. So if one character uses a special move that drains a lot of SP, it drains it for the whole party, not just that one character. There's also this system where you can change the colour of your weapon at any point. So for example, I think if you change it to red it sort of becomes a fire weapon. Fire might be strong against some enemies but also by using your weapons in different colours, you gain magic exp for that colour, unlocking new spells. So if you want to unlock fire spells, set your weapon to red when you're attacking so that you gain red exp. Maybe that sounds kinda complicated(?) but it's not really. It's actually kinda cool.

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 27th, 2013 @ 11:18 AM Reply

At 8/25/13 01:50 PM, Dean wrote:
Started on Skies of Arcadia Legends today.

Some advice/tips:

-Do not run from battles under any circumstances; doing so will worsen your Swashbuckler rating.

- Use weapon attributes to your advantage; doing so will increase the damage you deliver and decrease the damage you sustain.

- Items don't drain spirit points which are better used for Super Moves, and they do not get blocked by Aika's Delta Shield S-move; use them, and stock up on several.

- Use Aika's S-moves to clear out large groups of enemies early on.

- Learn Green magic first. The majority of the spells learned from other colors are offensive in nature, and your spirit points are better used for other purposes.

Wonderful experience, it's a shame no other game has capitalized on the idea of airship combat. I felt it was implemented nicely.

The soundtrack is heavenly. Enjoy your playthrough, no other game is like it -I've searched-

What secrets do the clouds conceal?

BBS Signature
Dean
Dean
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Aug. 27th, 2013 @ 11:57 AM Reply

At 8/27/13 11:18 AM, Elixur wrote: Some advice/tips:

Not to sound rude or anything but all of those tips are very basic gameplay aspects that the game (or instruction manual in some cases) already covered. With the exception of not running from battles but given how challenging some of the early bosses have been so far, running from combat seems like a terribly bad idea anyway because you're going to need the EXP.

Although I find the weapon attributes slightly confusing. There seems to be no clear indication of what weapon colour will be most effective on each enemy so I find myself just using trial and error until I discover what colour is most effective.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 02:08 PM Reply

Ladies and gentlemen... the future of gaming!

oh wait, it's the present.

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 02:09 PM Reply

At 9/5/13 02:08 PM, Makeshift wrote: Ladies and gentlemen... the future of gaming!

oh wait, it's the present.

Note this is a single player game (there is multiplayer, but not online besides leaderboards) and I already put my CD Key in 2 days ago.

scoutthesoldier
scoutthesoldier
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 02:21 PM Reply

Any thoughts on a Steam 10 year anniversary sale? I don't see why they shouldn't, they did do a 1-year anniversary of Greenlight, after all..

That Scout is a Soldier!

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 02:33 PM Reply

At 8/12/13 03:41 PM, Makeshift wrote:
So I was just wondering, what sort of speeds do you guys get. Here I am so excited to be getting 45mbps, when people out there have more than 20x faster speeds.

At the moment I'm on 10MBp/s with unlimited cap. It works well and at most hours of the day I can watch 1080p youtube videos with no problem, though generally between 5pm and 11pm it gets a bit choppy and sometimes takes a considerable nose dive. It's much much more reasonable than the 0.5MBp/s I was running a few years ago, that was literally Hell. More than an 800MB download? Forget it.

VoidForce
VoidForce
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Game Developer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 04:53 PM Reply

Pokemon X pre-ordered with first class delivery. I have high hopes for this, despite the Pokemon Bank annual charge being complete horseshit.

Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 05:12 PM Reply

Far Cry 3 is amazing. I love the way shit just happens naturally. For example, I was sneaking up on a goat who was hanging out by the water and a crocodile suddenly popped out and snatched him and pulled him in the water. Just when I was right behind. The shit was right in my face. I was like "holy damn! woah!". And another time, I was about to sneak into an outpost when a tiger wandered in from the wild and killed half the people. And when there were only two guys left, one guy just up and ran off and never came back and left the other guy to be snuck up on by me and stabbed through the back. It's so satisfying clearing an outpost without being caught, too. I've done it a few times already. You feel like a ninja. I just wonder if you can kill people with the bow without alerting others. I've only killed animals with it.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell
sig by Jay11

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 5th, 2013 @ 11:18 PM Reply

Decided to play through the entire Dragon Quest series in order, excluding X.

Cleared I-III and going to start IV this weekend. I've completed them all in the past, not including IX Sentinels of the Starry Skies. IV-VI I'll be emulating on DS because I prefer the port to the originals and don't feel like patching a translation. Difficult to rank my preference of this series, but VIII is easily the best and my favorite. Level 5 really hit a home run with the ce;-shaded graphics, the skill system and huge colorful open world to explore while maintaining the mechanics; it's great.

I think VII is the most popular in Japan and I enjoy the game, but holy shit does it start slow. It takes upwards of two hours to get into the meat of the game. Yawn. DQI is probably my least favorite simply because it's so outdated, only allowed one party member and was improved upon in sequels. RPGs nowadays are too easy. One could say the grind gave it artificial difficulty, but there's something bittersweet about accidentally wandering into an area of strong monsters to early. In DQII running into a group of 4 green dragons only to be ambushed and remain helpless as they all spew fire onto your whole party. Game over and there is nothing you could do. Alternatively running into Gold Batboons and not killing them off quickly enough once they reach critical HP levels and watching as they use Sacrifice. Was it unfair? Definitely. Do I love it? Definitely.

The game threw everything it had at you before reaching the final save point, like a personal vendetta to stop you.

The line between poorly balanced mechanics and challenge in RPGs is a tight line to walk, but I for one miss the tension and fear of enemy encounters. Having to know little details like Shields of Strength restoring HP when used in battle and that certain enemies were weak to sleep or instant death was so fun to discover as a child. Enix kept the Hero's sword with the same stats was also a nice touch.

The third game wrapped up the Erdrick trilogy nicely and was one of the first console RPGs to implement a class based system that you could choose at the beginning and alter as you see fit. Probably the inspiration for a lot of other titles, even though it borrowed heavily from D&D.

When I finish I'll pop back in and rank the series. Probably take me a month, just as a guess.

BBS Signature
Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 6th, 2013 @ 06:09 AM Reply

At 9/5/13 05:12 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I just wonder if you can kill people with the bow without alerting others. I've only killed animals with it.

Yeah it counts as a silenced weapon, it's brilliant for that kind of thing.

Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 8th, 2013 @ 05:06 PM Reply

Watched about an hour of gameplay for Killer Is Dead and holy shit... I must play this gem.

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

BBS Signature
argile
argile
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 8th, 2013 @ 05:54 PM Reply

I was thinking about this a hour ago but their any chance that Hideo Kojima would also be expanding the story of The Boss from MGS3 centered somewhere around the 1940s and 1950s ? ARound what time would Aleksandr Leonovitch Granin come with the initial designs for the similar machines before the Shagohod .What would it have been called? would it go over how she developed the CQC Moves, How would the story even go?

iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 8th, 2013 @ 06:00 PM Reply

At 9/8/13 05:54 PM, argile wrote: I was thinking about this a hour ago but their any chance that Hideo Kojima would also be expanding the story of The Boss from MGS3 centered somewhere around the 1940s and 1950s ? ARound what time would Aleksandr Leonovitch Granin come with the initial designs for the similar machines before the Shagohod .What would it have been called? would it go over how she developed the CQC Moves, How would the story even go?

Nothing like that has really been let on, but on the other hand no one knew that you'd be playing as Raiden for the majority of MGS2 until it was released, so who knows.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 8th, 2013 @ 09:13 PM Reply

At 9/8/13 05:06 PM, Elixur wrote: Watched about an hour of gameplay for Killer Is Dead and holy shit... I must play this gem.

Any idea what's up with the Pink Floyd reference?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
DrClay
DrClay
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 10th, 2013 @ 01:33 AM Reply

At the risk of bringing up old news, I noticed that Grand Theft Auto 5 is coming out...
I'm getting old. I never really played GTA (Other then the 2nd) because I never owned a PS2.

But, its more or less about how many sequels exist these days, compared to when I was a kid.
Take Mario Party for example, there used to be three. Now there's like nine of them...
I like to think back to when I used to play those classics with 3 or 5 friends. Seems like only yesterday.
I know it sounds silly, but video games are sometimes a way to show you how much time has actually flown by.

TF2 Crew I User Icon Makers Club I Source Filmmaker Crew I
NEWGROUNDS TF2 Server: 192.223.24.28

BBS Signature
Elixur
Elixur
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 10th, 2013 @ 04:54 PM Reply

This is a public service announcement. I purchased Amnesia A Machine for Pigs on Steam and completed it in two and a half hours and I went really fucking slow. It's literally a walking simulator. No inventory, no sanity meter, simple bring key to lock puzzles. It has no gameplay AT ALL. Very minimal scares, most of which are jump scares.

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

The story is about a man who wakes up and notices his kids are missing and so he explores his mansion to find them. He gets lead around by this other guy who promises to help him find them. He ends up turning on this machine that wrecks havoc on London streets. Realizing you've been fooled, you turn the machine off. That's the end of what happens in the game. (By the way he is the wealthy owner of a pig butchery/plantation/whatever the fuck you call it.)

What actually happens is the main character is having an existential crisis and wanted to rid the world of all people, in an effort to prevent future world wars and damage the planet or some shit. He starts by killing his kids.

This was a quick cash in on the Amnesia name. The devs who made the original better step in, apologize, offer refunds and turn around and high tail it back to the studio to put out an actual GOOD game before all of their credibility is gone. Personally, I've learned my lesson.

Fuck man... buyer's remorse. DON'T BUY THIS SHIT, WATCH A PLAYTHROUGH if you must experience the story.

That is all.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 10th, 2013 @ 05:13 PM Reply

At 9/10/13 04:54 PM, Elixur wrote: This is a public service announcement. I purchased Amnesia A Machine for Pigs on Steam and completed it in two and a half hours and I went really fucking slow.

I was actually considering buying it too.

I just rented Killer is Dead and Alice: Madness Returns. Both have mixed reviews so it'll be interesting to see how they are.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 12th, 2013 @ 02:08 PM Reply

I got System Shock 2 for paying $6 on the new Weekly Sale Humble thingy, but I have the game already so someone take this.

Steam key: 005WX-Q4MX5-NWR0X

Snuff
Snuff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Melancholy
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 12th, 2013 @ 02:24 PM Reply

At 9/12/13 02:08 PM, Makeshift wrote: I got System Shock 2 for paying $6 on the new Weekly Sale Humble thingy, but I have the game already so someone take this.

I have no idea what it is but thanks

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 12th, 2013 @ 02:54 PM Reply

At 9/12/13 02:24 PM, Snuff wrote:
At 9/12/13 02:08 PM, Makeshift wrote: I got System Shock 2 for paying $6 on the new Weekly Sale Humble thingy, but I have the game already so someone take this.

I have no idea what it is but thanks

You've never heard of System Shock? It's often considered one of the best PC games of all time. Bioshock is it's spiritual sequel.

These new humble bundles are pretty good. I've been wanting Shadow Warrior, Brutal Legend and Fez.

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
ZJ
ZJ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. Sep. 12th, 2013 @ 03:20 PM Reply

So, Microsoft updated their Xbox Live service to change everything from Microsoft Points to real currency. In doing this, I've noticed that a few DLC options have gone away in games that I own. Anyone else experience this?

Sig by Some Guy - AMA
Formerly PuddinN64 - Portal, BBS, Icon, and Chat Mod
"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out WhatTheDo & Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature