New Topic Respond to this Topic
Sense-Offender
Sense-Offender
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-08 08:01:18 Reply

At 11/6/13 04:56 PM, Makeshift wrote: It was very anticlimactic for me. I joined just as it was about to be destroyed (everyone online at the time contributes to its death) and didn't get more than one hit on it. Got a lot of great loot though.

Well, I don't have X Box Live Gold. In fact, I can't even go online with my 360 at all unless I bring it downstairs and plug it straight into the modem. I dunno, this shit looks fucking hard. I anticipate some yelling.

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-09 14:53:26 Reply

I didn't buy Duke Nukem or Shadow Warrior. FTL: Faster Than Light is 50% off. Bought that immediately.

Steam | Letterboxd | AllPoetry | Formerly Known As J-Rex

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 01:03:17 Reply

How I got Assassin's Creed IV for free today and why I waited in line for five hours in the freezing cold.

The best part is, I got the last copy in the store and possibly the city.

Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 02:06:59 Reply

At 11/10/13 01:03 AM, Shade wrote: How I got Assassin's Creed IV for free today and why I waited in line for five hours in the freezing cold.

The best part is, I got the last copy in the store and possibly the city.

Shit, I didn't hear about this. Says it's on again Monday, but I doubt they'd have anything left... I also own all those games already, so... hm.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 06:13:48 Reply

At 11/8/13 07:55 AM, Makeshift wrote: I'm leaning towards the XONE

Give your money to the poor if you hate it so much.

"I don't like facts. They get in the way of my opinions" -Kanye West
last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal

BBS Signature
warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 09:54:07 Reply

Not sure of the best place to ask this but are there any NG groups on Steam at all??

I'm in the mood for playing some Garry's Mod games or Civ V games online but feel as though they would be a lot more fun when you're in a group of people that you sort of know!

Finding myself playing PC games a lot more now but I feel as though I need to get into a group and play with others to make them even more enjoyable!

Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 13:20:21 Reply

At 11/10/13 09:54 AM, warshark wrote: Not sure of the best place to ask this but are there any NG groups on Steam at all??

I'm in the mood for playing some Garry's Mod games or Civ V games online but feel as though they would be a lot more fun when you're in a group of people that you sort of know!

Finding myself playing PC games a lot more now but I feel as though I need to get into a group and play with others to make them even more enjoyable!

There is a Newgrounds group here on Steam.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 14:22:48 Reply

At 11/10/13 01:20 PM, J-Rex wrote: There is a Newgrounds group here on Steam.

I'd like one that isn't shitty/pointless/inactive please. Maybe we should make a VG Forum specific one.

Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 14:42:52 Reply

At 11/10/13 02:22 PM, Makeshift wrote: I'd like one that isn't shitty/pointless/inactive please. Maybe we should make a VG Forum specific one.

We probably should but if you go the group you can add people from the group and play with them. I know Asandir, Jester, and Mike are in the group. As a side note Mike owns a bunch of games, 142 not counting DLC.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 16:15:13 Reply

At 11/10/13 02:42 PM, J-Rex wrote: As a side note Mike owns a bunch of games, 142 not counting DLC.

Is that a lot? I've got 251.

warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 17:16:18 Reply

At 11/10/13 02:22 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 11/10/13 01:20 PM, J-Rex wrote: There is a Newgrounds group here on Steam.
I'd like one that isn't shitty/pointless/inactive please. Maybe we should make a VG Forum specific one.

A VG related group sounds good. Haven't gone into any other forums on here in years. Just stick here in the VG thread.

Sig made by simon <3
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-10 18:00:25 Reply

At 11/10/13 04:15 PM, Makeshift wrote: Is that a lot? I've got 251.

Holy Christ! I only have 35.

BBS Signature
kidd25
kidd25
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-11 18:48:16 Reply

At 11/10/13 06:00 PM, J-Rex wrote:
At 11/10/13 04:15 PM, Makeshift wrote: Is that a lot? I've got 251.
Holy Christ! I only have 35.

163 :3

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-11 19:11:06 Reply

Counting down the days until PS4 launch while hammering GTA Online. Level 51 right now and I've got the $400K apartment and all but one of the cars that I wanted to get, pretty much just playing for the sake of it now.

I've got about 50 PS3 games on disc and I must have well over 50 PSN and PS3 games from off the store. PlayStation Plus literally throws games at you. It's bad enough having one pile of shame :(

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Atlas
Atlas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Musician
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-11 19:13:52 Reply

At 11/11/13 06:48 PM, kidd25 wrote: 163 :3

Actually I only have 29. I keep some non Steam games on my account. Even on my old account which is three years old I have a small amount of Steam games.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 11:50:35 Reply

So in like a matter of minutes I'm suddenly leaning towards a PS4... this means I wait. And fuck that sucks because I like having new shit. Oh well, I guess it just means I'll be making a more thoughtful decision. I wish it wasn't so hard to decide, this is going to take some time...

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 12:18:47 Reply

At 11/12/13 11:50 AM, Makeshift wrote: So in like a matter of minutes I'm suddenly leaning towards a PS4... this means I wait. And fuck that sucks because I like having new shit. Oh well, I guess it just means I'll be making a more thoughtful decision. I wish it wasn't so hard to decide, this is going to take some time...

What are your reasons for considering an XB1 anyway?

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 13:19:29 Reply

At 11/12/13 12:18 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 11/12/13 11:50 AM, Makeshift wrote: So in like a matter of minutes I'm suddenly leaning towards a PS4... this means I wait. And fuck that sucks because I like having new shit. Oh well, I guess it just means I'll be making a more thoughtful decision. I wish it wasn't so hard to decide, this is going to take some time...
What are your reasons for considering an XB1 anyway?

Mostly friends. Like the three friends I play with most and talk to on XBL are all more interested in the XONE. The friend I play with all the time is getting one for sure. Also I already have more than a year of XBL Gold, but I don't have PS+, so that's an extra $60 I would have to spend. Then there's Titanfall, Fable, and potentially Halo (not sure how I feel about the series atm). The controller is something I prefer much more over the Dualshock 4. I'm more accustomed to it and from what I've heard the XONE controller is amazing. Dualshock just doesn't feel right to me, and D4 looks terrible IMO.

One thing I'm not sure of, but think I saw is that I can't take advantage of the deal where you trade in current gen games for the next gen version for $10 because you can only upgrade X360 - XONE, and PS3 - PS4. Not sure on that one though.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 14:26:52 Reply

At 11/12/13 01:19 PM, Makeshift wrote: The controller is something I prefer much more over the Dualshock 4. I'm more accustomed to it and from what I've heard the XONE controller is amazing. Dualshock just doesn't feel right to me, and D4 looks terrible IMO.

This really isnt something you can comment on since they're both redesigns. I much prefer the 360 controller over the dualshock but since they were announced I've been confident that the D4 will feel amazing. I've heard people call it literally the greatest controller ever made. Here's an example.

The Wii Classic Controller Pro is my current favorite controller and it looks fairly similar in how it's spaced out. Looks awesome imo.

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 15:31:29 Reply

At 11/12/13 02:26 PM, Jackho wrote: This really isnt something you can comment on since they're both redesigns. I much prefer the 360 controller over the dualshock but since they were announced I've been confident that the D4 will feel amazing. I've heard people call it literally the greatest controller ever made. Here's an example.

I really hate the shape of it though. That hasn't changed. It doesn't fit my hand like an Xbox controller does. The joysticks being horizontally aligned doesn't feel right with my brain either. I'm sure both controllers will be great, it just comes down to my personally preference in shape and layout. Haptic triggers is going to be pretty cool too.

Waiting until both consoles have been out for a little while is a good idea. I'll try out the controllers in a store at some point, see reviews on the consoles, and hopefully see some game announcements in December. Is that when the VGAs are? I'm sure we'll see stuff then.

warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 15:54:42 Reply

At 11/12/13 03:31 PM, Makeshift wrote: Waiting until both consoles have been out for a little while is a good idea. I'll try out the controllers in a store at some point, see reviews on the consoles, and hopefully see some game announcements in December.

I plan on doing the same. £400 or so is a bit much to be spending on a console when I can't even decide which one to get. With my birthday being in February I might just wait until around then to have a more in-depth look at picking one up.

Sig made by simon <3
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 18:33:05 Reply

Was in my local games shop today and this is the display they've done for PS4. Pretty sweet eh?

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature
Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 18:34:35 Reply

Annnnd this is what they've done for the Xbox One. Kind of says it all really...

LMAO

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 18:42:01 Reply

At 11/12/13 06:34 PM, Quinny wrote: Annnnd this is what they've done for the Xbox One. Kind of says it all really...

Kind of funny, but you know it probably has to do with the fact the XONE isn't out til next week and the PS4 is coming in a few days.

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 18:54:53 Reply

At 11/12/13 06:42 PM, Makeshift wrote: Kind of funny, but you know it probably has to do with the fact the XONE isn't out til next week and the PS4 is coming in a few days.

I'm in the UK and Xbone and PS4 launch on the 22nd and 29th. I guess you lot will make for good guinea pigs to iron out any early flaws before we get ours. Microsoft have basically been dicks and the shop guys say Sony have been nothing but helpful to them. They even promised extra consoles whereas Microsoft have done diddly squat. Serves them right if Xbone flops.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature
Shade
Shade
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Voice Actor
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-12 21:20:17 Reply

Can people recommend me a few free PC games that don't require an amazing computer to play?

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-13 03:54:18 Reply

At 11/12/13 03:31 PM, Makeshift wrote: I really hate the shape of it though. That hasn't changed.

It has though, everything is spaced wider and the grips are longer and straighter. Have you ever used a classic controller pro? The sticks being smaller and farther apart makes an immense difference. The actual placement of the sticks doesn't seem to matter, just the size and distance from eachother. I'm sure you'll see what I mean whenever you get to try a D4 (or a classic pro).

Waiting until both consoles have been out for a little while is a good idea.

I'm waiting a few years if I ever get them at all. Too much money for what you get and I've missed loads this generation anyway. Part of me would be tempted to splurge if I had the money though, considering there wont be another big console launch for at least 10 years, if there even is another.

BBS Signature
Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 57
Movie Buff
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-13 06:56:39 Reply

At 11/12/13 09:20 PM, Shade wrote: Can people recommend me a few free PC games that don't require an amazing computer to play?

Team Fortress 2. I'm pretty sure it's still playable with a terrible PC.

Also, I thought you could download GTA I & II for free on Rockstar's website.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 16 November 2014)

BBS Signature
Makeshift
Makeshift
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Audiophile
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-13 11:12:54 Reply

At 11/13/13 03:54 AM, Jackho wrote: I'm sure you'll see what I mean whenever you get to try a D4 (or a classic pro).

Yeah, I'll have to see for myself how the D4 feels.

I'm waiting a few years if I ever get them at all.

You're insane. Poor and insane. I might be poor soon...

Quinny
Quinny
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Gamer
Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2013-11-13 20:12:34 Reply

At 11/12/13 09:20 PM, Shade wrote: Can people recommend me a few free PC games that don't require an amazing computer to play?

Minesweeper and Solitaire.

You're welcome

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

BBS Signature