00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

YoungInfamous just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

187,032 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-09-26 14:53:19

At 9/26/14 01:44 PM, Auz wrote: Discovered some new second hand video game shop near my home town. They seem to sell old games a little under the regular prices you usually find on the internet.

So I bought Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for 2 bucks. I've been meaning to give that series a try ever since I bought my PS2.

You lucky bastard! I used to have a second hand game shop near me a while back, they had all sorts of NES, SNES, Genesis and sorts of old stuff, as well as dvds.

I was able to get a GameCube controller, a Genesis controller, a few newer Batman DVDS, and a directors cut of American Psycho all for about $15

Unfortunately, the place went out of business a while back. I love these kinds of places.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-10-01 03:35:00

Considering buying Harmony of Despair on PSN while it's still on sale. Only thing stopping me is I'm not sure if the online is still active or dead as fuck. I've heard it's not really worth it without people to play with.

PSN ID/Gamertag: KittensWithBeer

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-10-03 12:29:53

I've been playing Codelink V2 for a bit...and I'm hooked on it.
So much, I feel like starting a thread just for it.

Then again, CL V2's servers is gonna go down by the end of this month if no one donates to the dev, and I could wait till V3 comes out...

Bandcamp | Ko-Fi | John Wall of Sound's Bandcamp

one of these days i'll have a proper website lmao

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-10-03 12:43:38

At 9/26/14 01:44 PM, Auz wrote: So I bought Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy for 2 bucks. I've been meaning to give that series a try ever since I bought my PS2.

Jak & Daxter is one of my absolute favourites, hope you enjoy that one. I didn't like any of the sequels near as much.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-10-05 00:26:29

I have played through some of the Assassin's Creed games, but never in the correct order.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-10-09 23:38:53

Based on reviews I'm rather interested in trying these games ,I think i'll bother to do a list on the WiiU later on but this is enough for now I have a hard time concentrating on just one.
3ds/DS
Kingdom hearts 3d
Animal crossing:new leaf
Paper mario Sticker star
Mario & Luigi:Bowser's Inside Story
Dragon Quest VI: Realms of Revelation
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Contra 4
WireWay
New Super Mario Bros.
Kirby: Mass Attack
Kirby: Squeak Squad
PSVITA Wishlist
Persona 4 Golden
Tales of Hearts R
Sorcery Saga: Curse Of The Great Curry God
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
Soul Sacrifice Delta
TOUKIDEN: THE AGE OF DEMONS
Xbox1
Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition
Alien:Isolation
Middle-earth: Shadow of mordor
Forza Horizon 2
Forza Motorsport 5
NBA 2K15
Madden NFL 15
Dead Rising 3
Fifa 15
Killer Instinct
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Titanfall

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-10-10 01:33:14

At 10/1/14 03:35 AM, Stretchysumo wrote: Considering buying Harmony of Despair on PSN while it's still on sale. Only thing stopping me is I'm not sure if the online is still active or dead as fuck. I've heard it's not really worth it without people to play with.

Dead as fuck

" Let the metal flow " - Chuck Schuldiner

GUITARISTS Awesome sig by Tateos.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2014-10-18 16:31:11

I noticed @Warshark liked this image on Facebook. Found it amusing so I thought I'd share it with you guys:

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-01-04 11:39:34

This thread hasn't been given any love in quite a while :(

Was watching a copy of Clock Tower for PS1 on eBay for a few days and it seemed to go by with not much interest. Had no idea what the game was worth but it's something I'd quite like to get eventually. Looked up eBay's history on similar sold items and the only one that I could find went for like £40. Would have been willing to pay about the same price for this copy. Typically the auction finished early in the morning so I even woke up early just to bid on it. Before I even got around to placing my bid I noticed the price had shot up to £120 which is what it ended on. Sucks that I got up early, thought I was in with a chance of finally getting a copy and then the price shooting up like that :(

I've not actually been buying very many games lately. I always assumed that once I had a job I'd start getting some of the more expensive games that I've been after, but even now I just can't justify spending so much on the majority of them. £120 for Clock Tower seems a bit mental. The most valuable game I have (Symphony of the Night limited edition) sells for about the same price, although I got it as a gift, but was actually debating paying that for it once upon a time. Great game though. Tombi was another pricey game that has been on my to get list for some time too but again, ended up receiving that one as a gift. Not worth as much, but still has a price tag that made it hard for me to justify buying it.

I think the most I've ever paid for a retro game is probably about £50-60. It was a little while ago now, but two games I recently got in that price range that I can think of were Mega Man X and Castlevania: The New Generation (Bloodlines). Still not cheap, but it felt a bit more justifiable seeing as most modern releases seem to retail for £40-50, so I was willing to spend a little more for some older classics.

This is just a ramble but I wanted to bump the thread to see if any of you guys reappear. What's the most you've paid for a single game? Retro or modern. I know some of the limited editions that get released these days cost a small fortune.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-01-04 13:20:56

I have been playing the NES remix Pack, it contains 1 and 2, and it is better than I thought it would be. However, getting stamps for accomplishments is not really my idea of a reward. Does anybody else agree with me?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-01-07 19:17:27

At 1/4/15 01:20 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: I have been playing the NES remix Pack, it contains 1 and 2, and it is better than I thought it would be. However, getting stamps for accomplishments is not really my idea of a reward. Does anybody else agree with me?

yeah, I personally think it would be better if they did it like the game and watch gallery games on the gba, where your high scores unlocked additional games and modes.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-01-07 23:31:45

At 1/4/15 11:39 AM, Dean wrote:
This is just a ramble but I wanted to bump the thread to see if any of you guys reappear. What's the most you've paid for a single game? Retro or modern. I know some of the limited editions that get released these days cost a small fortune.

I bought back in 2007 Silent Hill 1&3 for around 80 bucks. Today I find it tempting to want a physical copy of those games and others but man the prices have gone up for them. Oh, I got robbed a few years after I had bought them so I lost pretty much everything.

Also, how's everyone enjoying AwesomeGamesDoneQuick stream?
I loved the Donkey Kong Country 2 four man race and the Tetris Grand Master series

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-01-08 12:41:19

At 1/4/15 11:39 AM, Dean wrote: This is just a ramble but I wanted to bump the thread to see if any of you guys reappear. What's the most you've paid for a single game? Retro or modern. I know some of the limited editions that get released these days cost a small fortune.

I don't think I've ever paid more than the €60 N64 games used to cost back when I was a kid.

But as for Retro games:
The most I've ever paid is probably €42 for a copy of Conker's Bad Fur Day for the N64. I'm unsure whether it was a good deal or not; I see one store selling it for €35, but elsewhere I see people asking over €100 for just the cartridge.

A couple of months back I bought a PS2 copy of Shadow of the Colossus for about €30 which is probably the most I've spent on a game in the last three years or so.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-01-08 13:13:48

At 1/4/15 01:20 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: However, getting stamps for accomplishments is not really my idea of a reward. Does anybody else agree with me?

Stamps would be better if you could use them outside the games you earn them in for Miiverse posts. I like the idea that it's sort of an achievement system, but with out the whole, "I need to increase an arbitrary number" thing that Xbox and PS have gone for, but it would still be nice to have more of a means to show off stamps you're proud of earning while having the practical use of encouraging people who can't draw to make more Miiverse posts.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-01-17 02:37:43

At 1/17/15 02:37 AM, The-Great-One wrote: GO WISH DEAN A HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE SHITS!

I decided to get myself a birthday treat. For a little while now I've been wanting to add Clock Tower (PS1) to my collection but that game rarely ever seems to appear on eBay and the last copy that I saw sold for £120 which is way more than I'd be willing to pay for it. Saw another copy appear on eBay that was due to end today, it was sitting at £58 and I expected it to shoot up in price at the last second. I placed a bid anyway not expecting to actually win the auction and I did! I paid slightly over half of what the previous copy sold for, which admittedly is still quite a lot for a PS1 game but I'm quite happy with that price.

Looked like a really nice condition copy too, so now I just have to hope that it makes it through the postal system in one piece.

Dat cover:

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-01-19 19:42:47

At 1/18/15 10:59 AM, Dean wrote:
At 1/17/15 02:37 AM, The-Great-One wrote: GO WISH DEAN A HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOU UNGRATEFUL LITTLE SHITS!
Looked like a really nice condition copy too, so now I just have to hope that it makes it through the postal system in one piece.

Dat cover:

I've seen short glimpses of streams playing this game, looks fun, but point and click adventure games have never been my thing. I feel more comfortable moving the character and press X then using a mouse and wait for the character to go in that direction. Unless if I can get them to move somewhere else without having to wait for them to complete the previous action.
How are the rest of the series?

If you're a HARDCORE FAN prepare to be always disappointed.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-02-12 13:07:40

Finally got around to buying Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, and boy do I regret waiting so long. I think this might actually be my favourite Metal Gear game. I just can't stop playing; I've even been going for all achievements/trials/high scores which is something I never do in games.

This has also changed my opinion on Phantom Pain from "eh i'm sure it'll be cool i'll play it eventually" to "release date pls i want to count down the days"

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-02-12 15:10:25

At 2/12/15 01:07 PM, Oolaph wrote: Ground Zeroes
favourite Metal Gear

r u fukn srs m8

It's not terrible but it's hardly Snake Eater. I'm expecting some fairly significant gameplay improvements in The Ghost Injury.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-02-12 15:15:36

At 2/12/15 03:10 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 2/12/15 01:07 PM, Oolaph wrote: Ground Zeroes
favourite Metal Gear
r u fukn srs m8

It's not terrible but it's hardly Snake Eater.

r u fukn srs m8

It's not terrible but it's hardly Metal Gear Solid.

BBS Signature

At 2/12/15 03:10 PM, Jackho wrote: r u fukn srs m8
At 2/12/15 03:15 PM, Dean wrote: r u fukn srs m8

MGS3 was my fav, but honestly I'm loving the gameplay in this more than any other (with reflex and marking turned off of course). I'm finding more replay value in these small missions than I have with any other Metal Gear game.

maybe i'm just a big loser with bad taste idk but i'm really loving this game

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-02-12 17:29:59

At 2/12/15 05:06 PM, Oolaph wrote: MGS3 was my fav, but honestly I'm loving the gameplay in this more than any other (with reflex and marking turned off of course). I'm finding more replay value in these small missions than I have with any other Metal Gear game.

maybe i'm just a big loser with bad taste idk but i'm really loving this game

Nothing wrong with enjoy a mini game within the game, better than the actually game itself. It does not make the game good, but you did find a way to enjoy it.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-02-12 19:27:53

At 1/19/15 07:42 PM, X1SephX wrote:
At 1/18/15 10:59 AM, Dean wrote:
I've seen short glimpses of streams playing this game, looks fun, but point and click adventure games have never been my thing. I feel more comfortable moving the character and press X then using a mouse and wait for the character to go in that direction. Unless if I can get them to move somewhere else without having to wait for them to complete the previous action.
How are the rest of the series?

I've only played the second one (rented it as a kid, didn't get far) and you directly control the character in it. But it's those classic survival horror tank controls where you're panicking while waiting for her to pivot in the right direction before you're killed by a possessed suit of armor or doll or flying dishes. Pivot! Pivot! Pivaaaaht!

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-04-27 09:35:58

It's the annual flea markets here again, so I got some cheap video games. There wasn't as much on offer as last year though. It was mostly only PS2 and XBox games and half of them were either Fifa 0X or GTA San Andreas for some reason.

Anyway, I still managed to scavenge:

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Final Fantasy X
Kingdom Hearts
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening
SSX Tricky
Soul Calibur II

Not a bad haul I guess. I was actually on the lookout for FFX and MGS3 so I'm glad I found them somewhere.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-04-27 16:39:06

At 4/27/15 09:35 AM, Auz wrote: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Final Fantasy X
Kingdom Hearts
SSX Tricky
Soul Calibur II

Literally all of this shit is cash. Have you played any other Devil May Cry or Final Fantasy?

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-04-28 17:25:16

At 4/27/15 04:39 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 4/27/15 09:35 AM, Auz wrote: Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Final Fantasy X
Kingdom Hearts
SSX Tricky
Soul Calibur II
Literally all of this shit is cash. Have you played any other Devil May Cry or Final Fantasy?

I've played all Final Fantasies from I to IX except III. X is probably the only one in the series I'm still interested in. I also saw someone selling X-2, but I let it pass since I've never heard anything too positive about it.

I never played Devil May Cry before and don't know anything about the series whatsoever to be honest. I'm wondering if I should play DMC 1 and 2 before I start 3.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-04-29 03:57:11

At 4/28/15 05:25 PM, Auz wrote: I never played Devil May Cry before and don't know anything about the series whatsoever to be honest. I'm wondering if I should play DMC 1 and 2 before I start 3.

As I understand it, DMC3 is chronologically the first game. Then DMC1-2-4.

So I guess you should play DMC3 first to understand the plot better in DMC1 but I think it be a good idea anyway to start with 1 since 3 is so much better in just terms of gameplay so it is better that you go from 1 to 3 just so you can enjoy how much better 3 actually is.

You can skip 2 entirely. It blows on every level.

This is where I wrote something funny

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-04-29 08:47:42

At 4/28/15 05:25 PM, Auz wrote: I've played all Final Fantasies from I to IX except III. X is probably the only one in the series I'm still interested in. I also saw someone selling X-2, but I let it pass since I've never heard anything too positive about it.

X is really good man. Best soundtrack and combat in the series. Good call on X-2 though, even if you could be arsed most of the environments and many enemies are recycled from X so it's an inherently boring sequel.

I never played Devil May Cry before and don't know anything about the series whatsoever to be honest. I'm wondering if I should play DMC 1 and 2 before I start 3.

3 is actually a prequel but the plot of Devil May Cry is hardly the selling point. 1 and 4 are baller and well worth playing if you end up liking it. 2 sucks a big ol' veiny boner. It's hard to explain why when it looks similar but it's just dull and lazy in every aspect. I'd recommend starting with 1 only because 3 is significantly more difficult and somewhat more complex, the original would be an easier starting point.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-04-29 18:42:57

At 4/29/15 03:57 AM, Mismo wrote:
At 4/28/15 05:25 PM, Auz wrote: I never played Devil May Cry before and don't know anything about the series whatsoever to be honest. I'm wondering if I should play DMC 1 and 2 before I start 3.
As I understand it, DMC3 is chronologically the first game. Then DMC1-2-4.

So I guess you should play DMC3 first to understand the plot better in DMC1 but I think it be a good idea anyway to start with 1 since 3 is so much better in just terms of gameplay so it is better that you go from 1 to 3 just so you can enjoy how much better 3 actually is.

Apparently Devil May Cry 1 is cheap as hell so I'll pick that one up before playing 3 then. Looks like 1 is considered the best one in the series though.

You can skip 2 entirely. It blows on every level.

Seems like you and Jackho both agree on that. Alright, I'll give 2 a miss then.

At 4/29/15 08:47 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 4/28/15 05:25 PM, Auz wrote: I've played all Final Fantasies from I to IX except III. X is probably the only one in the series I'm still interested in. I also saw someone selling X-2, but I let it pass since I've never heard anything too positive about it.
X is really good man. Best soundtrack and combat in the series. Good call on X-2 though, even if you could be arsed most of the environments and many enemies are recycled from X so it's an inherently boring sequel.

I have nothing against the ATB system of the older FF games, but I think I will enjoy the combat system of FFX. It looks more strategic.

You sure it beats the soundtrack of FFVIII?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-04-30 07:06:11

Yeah, FFX has the best ost.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature