00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dialusional just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

186,571 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-04 22:21:42

It's 3.20 in the morning and i can't decide whether i want to sleep or play Cthulhu Saves The World. Le sigh

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-05 08:27:58

At 12/4/11 10:21 PM, iMini wrote: It's 3.20 in the morning and i can't decide whether i want to sleep or play Cthulhu Saves The World. Le sigh

Considered buying that a while ago but then decided that I already have quite a lot of similar games that I've not yet finished. The Sega Megadrive Ultimate Collection comes with a fair few of those old RPGs.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-05 13:52:22

I ended up playing until 5ish. And III bought Some of Lovecraft's work

Bought Saints Row 3, everything I wanted and then some

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-05 16:42:47

Just found out saints row 3 achievements are glitched to fuck. They sometimes pop up and sometimes won't. The game currently owes me 3 mission-related achievements and there's no way to get them back without doing a new play through.

Although, I was going to do another anyways so I guess it's another incentive to do so.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-06 20:55:54

At 12/4/11 07:50 PM, iCurrie wrote: How olds your brother? You need to feed him the nintendo classics, Zelda, Mario, DK. Kirby's cuteness can only attach someone for so long!

He's five. He seems to like playing Kirby because it's a really easy platforming game (Kirby's infinite floating abilities makes the game loads easier) and the newest one allowed for me and my other brother to play with it.

I'll obviously try to get him hooked on other games, but I'm not sure if now's the time. I can't imagine Zelda being the type of game that would be easy for his age. :P

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-15 03:44:48

First time posting in the lounge. Just thought I'd say hi and stuffs. So anyways, just a few things about me I guess: I love racing games, RPGs, RTSs, and platformers. My favorite game of all time is Sonic 2.

Consoles Owned: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS
Online User Names: NosferatuOfWorms (PSN) and Kamikaze1979 (Xbox 360 GT)
Current Games Being Played: Skyrim, KOTOR 2, Forza 3, GT5, Donkey Kong Country, Pokemon Ruby

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-15 04:03:27

Playing THPS3 right now on the Gamecube. The game reminds me of winter, probably a combination of me playing this over Christmas break when I got it and playing the Canada level the most of any. Tiki head has no chance against me.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-15 10:04:10

At 12/15/11 04:03 AM, Chumbawamba wrote: Playing THPS3 right now on the Gamecube. The game reminds me of winter, probably a combination of me playing this over Christmas break when I got it and playing the Canada level the most of any. Tiki head has no chance against me.

I loved how you could play as Kelly Slater in that game. He was one of the coolest unlock able characters to be featured in one of those games. Nothing quite like grinding on a rail in a factory...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-15 10:08:29

Christmas shopping complete. My siblings both got video games from me. My sister should have a rough idea of what I got her, but I don't think my brother knows what I got him. Probably shouldn't post it in here just yet either in the rare event that he decides to browse the BBS and it gives away the surprise.

I think they'll both like their games. I just hope my sister is willing to play a more 'hardcore' game than she is used to.

I think this is the most I've ever spent on Christmas gifts. I feel less like the Grinch this year.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-16 10:21:06

I still have my PS2 and a copy of all the TimeSplitters games. It wasn't all that long ago that I was last playing them either. Maybe a few months back. They're still good games but they obviously don't feel as impressive as they once did, at least not in my opinion.

I just really wish Crytek UK would get around to developing (if they haven't already started) a new TS game. Hopefully if we don't see one on this generation of console, we might see it on the next. I'd really love to play through a modern TS game, assuming they don't butcher it.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-16 14:42:01

Man I'm just trying to link my Origin account with my Gamertag and it's way too much effort, I cannot ind anywhere to do it, it was hard enough to just find an "account" page.

What the fuck are you doing EA? Sort your shit out.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-16 16:01:14

I want to play Star Wars: The Old Republic badly but because of Christmas postage I'll probably only have it by the end of the month

Plus I'm waiting on computer parts to upgrade my main computer so it can run games better (my secondary computer which I have a habit of not using often for several reasons is better at running games, but I want to upgrade my main computer.)

I want to play SWTOR now. Oh well

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-26 19:42:53

Back at home for the holidays and my youngest brother still hasn't given up on his Kirby addiction. He's forced me to play the game for hours and hours on end. I'm not complaining, but that's a lot of Kirby. I'm trying to make the most of the situation by collecting all of the unlockable gears (They're this game's answer to Mario 64's Power Stars) in the game and have a 100% completion rating. The worst part about the whole thing is that when I try to leave him alone with the game to do something like check emails or talk on the phone, he cries like someone just told him his best friend died. It's unreal how much he likes this game and how much he wants me to play it with him.

My parents also got him Kirby's Epic Yarn, which he enjoys and plays a bit, but he still focuses on the new Kirby game at such an extreme level. It's unreal. It's probably not helpful that I also just gave him a Wii Points Card that will allow him to buy MORE Kirby games on the Virtual Console.

So yeah, there you have it. I got my five-year old brother addicted to Kirby games. I am a horrible person.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-26 19:50:38

I got arkham city today. playing on a console has reminded me of one of the things I love about them: no lag.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-27 22:37:36

I just bought a shit load of games on Steam. I bought a little over 50 dollars worth in games.

Here is what I got:

Half-Life 1 Anthology
- Half-Life
- Half-Life Opposing Force
- Half-Life Blue Shift
- Team Fortress Classic

Quake Collection
- Quake
- Quake Mission Pack 1 Scourge of Armagon
- Quake Mission Pack 2 Dissolution of Eternity
- Quake II
- Quake II Ground Zero
- Quake II The Reckoning
- Quake III Arena
- Quake III Team Arena

The Ultimate Doom
Doom II Hell On Earth
Master Levels for Doom II

Wolfenstein 3D

Half-Life Source Bundle
-Half-Life Source
-Half-Life Deathmatch Source

Half-Life 2 Deathmatch

Garry's Mod

Plants VS. Zombies

Sonic Adventure DX

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-28 04:51:59

At 12/27/11 10:37 PM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: I just bought a shit load of games on Steam. I bought a little over 50 dollars worth in games.

Here is what I got:

Sonic Adventure DX

You actually paid money for Sonic Adventure?

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-28 11:21:37

Well, I got five games this Christmas:
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Portal 2
Brink
Rage

Lovin' Skyward Sword and Skyrim. Just beat Portal 2 (yay for being late to the party) and it was very enjoyable. I played Brink for a few matches so far and it's not half-bad. Now starting on Rage.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-28 11:31:19

At 12/28/11 04:51 AM, sushi13 wrote:
At 12/27/11 10:37 PM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote: I just bought a shit load of games on Steam. I bought a little over 50 dollars worth in games.

Here is what I got:

Sonic Adventure DX
You actually paid money for Sonic Adventure?

Last time I heard sonic Adventure was a good game

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-28 14:41:21

So, now that I have a little cash to dispose of after Christmas I was thinking of buying a new game before realising what a stupid idea that it. I just got a bunch of new ones, so buying more is sort of pointless.

So, a little off topic, but you guys probably have reasonably similar interests to me, I guess. What have you guys been buying or plan on buying with your Christmas money? It's looking like I might have to take the boring option of saving it, but having said that, it would probably work out better in the long run.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-28 15:33:22

At 12/28/11 02:41 PM, Dean wrote: So, a little off topic, but you guys probably have reasonably similar interests to me, I guess. What have you guys been buying or plan on buying with your Christmas money?

I'm thinking about buying both Rage and Warhammer 40K: Space Marine since they're both relatively cheap now (£10 and £12 respectively).

Part of me doesn't know whether to buy them both now or wait and see if either of them drop in price again.

Although they are both very cheap and i'm certainly willing to pay that at this moment...

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-29 04:06:37

At 12/28/11 03:33 PM, warshark wrote: I'm thinking about buying both Rage and Warhammer 40K: Space Marine since they're both relatively cheap now (£10 and £12 respectively).

Dammit, now I need to buy them both.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-29 11:34:16

Hmm... well I'll just post:

Consoles: PS2,XBOX360,DS,3DS,PC,NES, can't think of the others.

Currently Playing: Portal 2, Minecraft

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-29 14:46:51

At 12/29/11 04:06 AM, phrozonfire wrote:
At 12/28/11 03:33 PM, warshark wrote: I'm thinking about buying both Rage and Warhammer 40K: Space Marine since they're both relatively cheap now (£10 and £12 respectively).
Dammit, now I need to buy them both.

I tihnk i'm gonna go ahead and buy them both, even if I won't play them for a long time. I doubt even of them will get that low for a while.

Keep talking myself out of it every time i'm about to buy them...

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-29 14:52:59

At 12/29/11 02:46 PM, warshark wrote: Keep talking myself out of it every time i'm about to buy them...

I'm starting to do that a lot now too. Last week I bought Kameo and Operation Flashpoint, even thought I didn't really need or want them all that might. It was an impulse buy and nothing more. I finished with Kameo in 7 hours and I stopped playing Operation Flashpoint when Christmas came. I might get back to it, I might not.

Every time I have some money that I feel I can spend freely, I always end up looking at games. It's as if there's nothing else I actually want to buy, despite having a pretty big backlog of unfinished games already. I'll walk into GameStation and look for some cheap, pre-owned games that I probably already know I'm not going to enjoy that much, but I just can't help buying games if they seem alright and are being sold for around £5.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-29 17:39:37

At 12/29/11 02:52 PM, Dean wrote: I'm starting to do that a lot now too. Last week I bought Kameo and Operation Flashpoint, even thought I didn't really need or want them all that might. It was an impulse buy and nothing more.

I feel the same way. I've got like 5-6 games at the very least that i've bought within the past year and never got around to playing. I still haven't played the new Assassins Creed or Batman which i got for Christmas. I haven't even took them out of the packaging.

Yet something is still telling me to buy the other two games because of the price.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-03 08:53:50

I went through Psychonauts again and now I'm sad knowing that I've beaten it 100% with rank 101 and everything. All I can do is obtain the last two achievements on Steam and leave it at that. As long as we have no sequel, the video game world will feel empty to me. :P

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-08 11:31:23

At 1/3/12 08:53 AM, Bahamut wrote:

:As long as we have no sequel, the video game world will feel empty to me. :P

Welcome to my world. I'm still holding out for Conker's Bad Fur Day 2 and Pikmin 3. It's depressing.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-08 11:40:43

So, I had a three week Christmas break and I achieved very little of my video game related goals. I never completed Skyrim or Deus Ex. I never got started on Saints Row 3 and a few other games that my brother has sitting around. Pretty much all my time has been spent on Battlefield 3 or Dungeon Defenders.

Where does the time go? Now I just have to start counting down until the summer holidays, which are far better because I get about six months to sit about and do nothing of importance whatsoever.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-08 11:47:03

At 1/8/12 11:31 AM, ZJ wrote: Welcome to my world. I'm still holding out for Conker's Bad Fur Day 2 and Pikmin 3. It's depressing.

At least Pikmin 3 is on its way. Also, did either game end it off with a cliffhanger that clearly implies of a sequel?

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-01-08 13:27:12

At 1/8/12 11:47 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 1/8/12 11:31 AM, ZJ wrote: Welcome to my world. I'm still holding out for Conker's Bad Fur Day 2 and Pikmin 3. It's depressing.
At least Pikmin 3 is on its way. Also, did either game end it off with a cliffhanger that clearly implies of a sequel?

Is Pikmin 3 on the way? I haven't seen a confirmed report of it.

And no, Pikmin didn't really say it would have a sequel but it was assumed that Olimar and Louie's adventures on the planet were far from over in the last one. The games had more or less shown us how cool it was to be able to play co-op mode. I really expect them to flesh that idea out if they make another.

As for Conker, yes, it did with a cliffhanger. *SPOILER* At the very end of the game, a drunken Conker leaves the bar that he left at the beginning of the game. However, instead of going in the direction that took him to the main world of the game, he goes the OTHER way, implying that he was supposed to have another adventure. Even Rare has talked about how there WAS a sequel planned for the title...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature