00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

shoutoutzo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,431 Views | 1,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-26 02:36:24

Glad to hear that a great game brought you two together :D.

Anyone play and actually FINISH EarthBound for the SNES? I just started a little while ago and I'm hooked. My love for RPGs has been re-kindled thanks to this gem.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-26 02:45:28

At 8/26/09 02:36 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: Glad to hear that a great game brought you two together :D.

Anyone play and actually FINISH EarthBound for the SNES? I just started a little while ago and I'm hooked. My love for RPGs has been re-kindled thanks to this gem.

Only RPGs I've played and enjoyed are Paper Mario, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga, the sequel, Pokemon, and Kingdom Hearts. I don't know, most RPGs don't seem to catch my interest besides the Mario ones, except Mario RPG. I have played Chrono Trigger and beat it, but that was only for the story. How is Earthbound? I played it for a bit but lost it after a while. My baby sisters fault.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-26 12:49:45

At 8/26/09 02:45 AM, dmansland wrote:
At 8/26/09 02:36 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote:
How is Earthbound?

It's a great, classic game. It's a very long one, too.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-26 20:07:17

Maybe you guys can help me,
I am looking for either a GBC or GBA game, I can't remember which, pretty sure it's GBC, it is similar to Pokemon in ways, but you use robots instead, or something alike robots, I haven't played it since I was a wee kid, so I don't remember much of it at all, and it is not robot wars.

A strong emphasis on underlining.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-26 23:29:02

Anyone know my best bet on getting N64 games? I just found out my mom threw all of mine out!!!! Ugh, this sucks. They don't still have those bins at gamestop with a ton of old games for really cheap prices, do they?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-26 23:39:50

At 8/26/09 11:29 PM, Lkoz91 wrote: Anyone know my best bet on getting N64 games? I just found out my mom threw all of mine out!!!! Ugh, this sucks. They don't still have those bins at gamestop with a ton of old games for really cheap prices, do they?

Check out any pawn shop really, they don't cost too much.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-27 06:27:32

At 8/26/09 11:29 PM, Lkoz91 wrote: Anyone know my best bet on getting N64 games? I just found out my mom threw all of mine out!!!! Ugh, this sucks. They don't still have those bins at gamestop with a ton of old games for really cheap prices, do they?

You can find them at alot of thrift stores and pawn shops, and some used game stores. Just pick any local gamestore as opposed to say, Gamestop and they should have a used section. As for variety, it probably won't be large but it's better than nothing.

Also you can find them fairly easily online on websites like eBay and Amazon, although it's prefferable to get them at a store.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-27 18:51:49

I'll join, right now I'm just playing City Folk though.....

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-28 16:13:08

Finally was able to get through Diddy Kong Racing for the first time! Now I need to get T.T and complete the second adventure.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-29 16:36:20

Been playing Pokemon Red Rescue Team for a while now.

Also, EpicFail has left Newgrounds, I'm his brother who lives in Florida, and he told me that he was leaving for good, just letting you guys know, but he's hoping this club can stay active.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-29 17:19:35

At 8/29/09 04:36 PM, Gergaloth wrote: Been playing Pokemon Red Rescue Team for a while now.

Also, EpicFail has left Newgrounds, I'm his brother who lives in Florida, and he told me that he was leaving for good, just letting you guys know, but he's hoping this club can stay active.

Great, the leader of the club has left. This club is dead.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-29 19:51:20

At 8/29/09 05:19 PM, dmansland wrote:
At 8/29/09 04:36 PM, Gergaloth wrote: Been playing Pokemon Red Rescue Team for a while now.

Great, the leader of the club has left. This club is dead.

It's not dead, we can easily maintain it ourselves if we try, I'm a huge Nintendo fan just like him, we can keep this going if we try to man.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-30 16:34:46

Any played Earthbound? I am currently playing it, reached the second town already. I must sya this is a frekaing hilarious game. I just loved it from the first second. Anyone knows any secrets for that game, not like I wanna cheat, just some interesting Easter Eggs or something else.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-08-30 22:14:30

So I finally found a video game store that sells n64 games. I bought pokemon snap, pokemon stadium, majoras mask, gauntlet legends, super mario, and donkey kong 64. I still need mario kart and ocarina of time though. Next saturday I'm gonna try my luck at a flea market they always do at giant stadium.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-01 01:56:07

At 8/29/09 07:51 PM, Gergaloth wrote:
At 8/29/09 05:19 PM, dmansland wrote: Great, the leader of the club has left. This club is dead.
It's not dead, we can easily maintain it ourselves if we try, I'm a huge Nintendo fan just like him, we can keep this going if we try to man.

Yeah, to be honest the only thing it takes for a club to live here is a decent topic of discussion (And Nintendo is probably the best at this, seriously) and a few members to post in it at a time. Hell, this could still have the potential to be the most popular thread in the C&C forum considering that it's Nintendo we're talking about.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-01 01:58:13

At 8/30/09 04:34 PM, MrSaint wrote: Any played Earthbound? I am currently playing it, reached the second town already. I must sya this is a frekaing hilarious game. I just loved it from the first second. Anyone knows any secrets for that game, not like I wanna cheat, just some interesting Easter Eggs or something else.

Yes, I'm currently playing it. Isn't it just great? I don't know of any Easter Eggs, but I'll keep looking. What level is/are your character(s)?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-01 02:06:01

At 9/1/09 01:56 AM, Ass-Crumb wrote: Yeah, to be honest the only thing it takes for a club to live here is a decent topic of discussion (And Nintendo is probably the best at this, seriously) and a few members to post in it at a time. Hell, this could still have the potential to be the most popular thread in the C&C forum considering that it's Nintendo we're talking about.

You're right, and I'll be one of those people that will post here as often as I can. I am a huge Nintenfag and proud of it.

Anyway, I was actually able to get through Rusty Bucket Bay without dying. I got everything, both honeycombs, 10 Jigsaw Pieces, and 100 notes, and no cheats either. I remember it being a lot more difficult, I was even dreading that stage. But I managed to get through it and now I'm in Click Clock Wood. I was also able to pick up Duke Nukem Zero Hour again, still as badass as I remembered it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-01 02:30:00

At 9/1/09 02:26 AM, Brass wrote: Oh God Mystical Ninja.

I love that game.

I'm playing through it right now, haven't played in a bit though. I'm getting the batteries for Suzuki, I think.

I'm also playing Earthbound, and hopefully Majora's Mask soon.

*join*

Glad to have you in our club. How far are you in Earthbound? Is this on the SNES and the N64 or are you playing on emulators?

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-01 14:32:48

At 9/1/09 02:06 AM, dmansland wrote: You're right, and I'll be one of those people that will post here as often as I can. I am a huge Nintenfag and proud of it.

Good.

Anyway, I was actually able to get through Rusty Bucket Bay without dying. I got everything, both honeycombs, 10 Jigsaw Pieces, and 100 notes, and no cheats either. I remember it being a lot more difficult, I was even dreading that stage. But I managed to get through it and now I'm in Click Clock Wood. I was also able to pick up Duke Nukem Zero Hour again, still as badass as I remembered it.

Ugh, I remember Rusty bucket bay being the most dreadful experience in my childhood. I actually didn't even want to go into the water at all in that level at one point and the fact that I have 10 jiggies and 100 notes in every level except Rusty Bucket bay kind of shows that.. I still haven't gotten all the notes and it's been like 8 years... But it was an excellent game, and Click Clock wood is only really hard because it's done in a weird order (4 minilevels.)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-02 01:50:47

You guys should play Mother 3 as well, it's also an amazing game. You have to emulate it and get the fan translation patch if you can't read Japanese though.

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-02 13:07:11

At 9/2/09 01:50 AM, Matt2358 wrote: You guys should play Mother 3 as well, it's also an amazing game. You have to emulate it and get the fan translation patch if you can't read Japanese though.

Ugh. I was thinking about doing this once, but it seemed like kind of an annoying process to patch it and everything and it's illegal since I don't own the original so I kind of decided against it.

But, being honest, was all the time spent downloading the emulators and roms and ipswin and patches and shit worth it?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-03 20:23:02

But, being honest, was all the time spent downloading the emulators and roms and ipswin and patches and shit worth it?

1 word....YES!

-Im out!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-03 22:50:44

At 9/1/09 02:26 AM, Brass wrote: Oh God Mystical Ninja.

Hey Brass, grats on the $10 Store credit man!
Thanks for joining, EF thanks you all.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-03 22:57:22

Picked up Turok Dinosaur Hunter once more. Still confusing and have no idea where to go, but fun as hell.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-03 23:04:38

At 9/3/09 10:57 PM, dmansland wrote: Picked up Turok Dinosaur Hunter once more. Still confusing and have no idea where to go, but fun as hell.

Not knowing what to do is part of the adventure man, enjoy being lost, don't give in to walkthroughs!

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-04 00:49:41

Downloading the Emulator ROM and patch takes literally like 5 minutes, and then the patch takes another 5 minutes.

Or you could drive to a store and pay $50 for another game that you will probably enjoy less.

It's definitely worth it.

Member of the SSBC since page 169, New Brawl Friend Code: 1805-9106-2544

Feel any particular emotion towards me? POST OMA.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-04 05:44:45

At 9/3/09 11:04 PM, Gergaloth wrote:
At 9/3/09 10:57 PM, dmansland wrote: Picked up Turok Dinosaur Hunter once more. Still confusing and have no idea where to go, but fun as hell.
Not knowing what to do is part of the adventure man, enjoy being lost, don't give in to walkthroughs!

10 years and I have not looked up one single walkthrough. I don't believe in using them until I beat the game myself and to see what I may have missed. Just looked up the weapons because I find it fun to learn the statistics for each weapon and item.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-05 06:41:26

At 9/1/09 01:58 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote:
At 8/30/09 04:34 PM, MrSaint wrote: Any played Earthbound? I am currently playing it, reached the second town already. I must sya this is a frekaing hilarious game. I just loved it from the first second. Anyone knows any secrets for that game, not like I wanna cheat, just some interesting Easter Eggs or something else.
Yes, I'm currently playing it. Isn't it just great? I don't know of any Easter Eggs, but I'll keep looking. What level is/are your character(s)?

Stopped playing for a while, but now I started again. I currently have only Ness in my team, he's level 14. I am in Twoson, going to Peaceful Valley soon. What about your character(s)? What is the level?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-05 07:43:42

This seems like a nice club to me. I still love to play old N64 games, so is it okay if I join this club?

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-05 08:34:28

At 9/5/09 07:43 AM, Auz wrote: This seems like a nice club to me. I still love to play old N64 games, so is it okay if I join this club?

I am not the master of the club, but it's the Nintendo Club, and we all play Nintendo games! So of course you're in!

What is your favorite N64 Game if it's not a secret? :3