00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FroggerPogger just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Wide Layout

72,347 Views | 643 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 14:59:58

At 5/27/09 02:11 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: lmao this thread is bringing all the lurkers and old vets out of their hermit shells :)

I think this speaks wonders as to how far-reaching the discourse is.

btw, isn't it funny that a whole page (page 20) that was mostly complaints mysteriously disappeared 15 mins ago?

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:09:45

At 5/27/09 02:11 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: lmao this thread is bringing all the lurkers and old vets out of their hermit shells :)

Did my never posting in the forums even though I've been a member for years give it away? Ha, I just couldn't go away without saying how much the new layout through me for a loop of suck yesterday when I logged in to waste some time and relax. It's just not relaxing anymore though because I can't open 10 games that look interesting and go tab-by-tab to play them because they all start together now... I can only do one at a time. And then I have to go all the way back to the listings to find the next one. Really takes all the fun out of how I use NG.

------------

I am PR Josh!

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:10:50

I normally open multiple tabs at once and watch them one at a time.
So i really dislike them to auto-load and play in the background.
I also dont like to watch the flash with all the stuff in the background, rather than in their own tab.

Could you PLEASE add an option to use the old non-autoloading version?

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:11:30

Sweet! I'm gonna have to get used to this, though. Did you guys fix the Medals system yet?

"Did I not tell you I was the Ultimate Knight?"

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:11:52

At 5/27/09 02:16 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: But really, I shouldn't be surprised, since Newgrounds doesn't care about artists nearly as much as it used to. What matters now is that you have more space for ads and video game parodies.

You hit the nail on the head. It's all about the greed.

------------

I am PR Josh!

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:13:20

It's very choppy for me so I don't like it.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:14:59

At 5/27/09 03:09 PM, Jdisasoldier wrote:
Did my never posting in the forums even though I've been a member for years give it away? Ha, I just couldn't go away without saying how much the new layout through me for a loop of suck yesterday when I logged in to waste some time and relax. It's just not relaxing anymore though because I can't open 10 games that look interesting and go tab-by-tab to play them because they all start together now... I can only do one at a time. And then I have to go all the way back to the listings to find the next one. Really takes all the fun out of how I use NG.

Yes, taht's exactly my problem.
This new feature made me compose my first post in 4 years of being a newgrounds member. :I

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:19:41

I like it,
One thing though, the info in the bottom looks like it's all scrambled, maybe it's just getting used to it, but at first sight it looks like total chaos.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:23:55

While the new layout is nice and all, the auto load upon clicking a link the title annoys me, I liked the "Watch this Movie!" format a lot more. Also, the fact that I can't open the videos as popup windows anymore without disabling my popup blocker is a big inconvenience.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:25:02

Hey
Great layout. It looks really good :) I think it's a major improvement. It's nice the game/movie loading automatically rather than having to click something.

Minor problem:
The ad boxes at the top spack out when you have an adblock running (specifically adblock pro in FF). The right hand side box still exists, and bumps upwards, but the box on the left collapses.
Just something you may want to look into.

:) Sauceum

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:27:35

This looks so badass! Zag approves!

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:30:03

Sucks big dinosaur balls.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:30:58

as a lead graphic designer, i have a few suggestions about the new layout.
i think this is the first devupdate what totally thoughtless and unnecessary for the newgrounds.

adblock turned on, but some ads cannot be blocked (fail)
autoplay fail
moon, and the other icons FAIL
wide tables fail
the new suitable, and other microicons are pretty, and clear.

i cant imagine, what resolution make the wide style clear. now its just a crowded fck. i dont have an imac with a wide 30" monitor, just a simple 17" crt, with (atm) 1280x1024, and now, i see nothing. every flashmovie, what i opened today in a new tab from the frontpage, was loaded in 2-3 sec, and i heared the noise.

so... i dunno. MAKE a layout switch button.
good luck tom,

greetz!
vsr

ps.: sry for my terrible english

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:33:12

Interesting new layout :D

I just hope that it doesn't suffer from lag issues.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:34:09

At 5/27/09 08:36 AM, Halvgoeden wrote:
At 5/27/09 08:34 AM, Halvgoeden wrote: This is great. However, the layout is a little bit weird.

I think for pages that display like the Brackenwood page, the author comments should still go to the left of the movie, while the suggested viewing should still go below the fold. (See Illustration)
And by Author Comments, I meant Author Info

The stuff on thje right of the flash is filler if the swf doesn't go into widescreen mode. Unless I am not thinking what you are.

I might have to give more blowjobs at the gay strip bar to buy a wide screen monitor, pretty soon my yaoi will be cut off.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:40:42

For adult content stuff, if the game/movie/cock joke *cough* loads too fast, you see it for a split second before the warning comes up

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:41:12

Each day, Newgrounds starts to look more and more like Kongregate while Kongregate starts to look like YouTube while YouTube is staying perfectly normal. Well, almost normal.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:41:33

The wide layout looks like shit.
There, I said it.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:44:28

I'm not a fan of this feature. It feels like there's way too much stuff everywhere now and a few of the other features don't fit in place that well.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:44:43

the new layout sucks balls.

Awesome turret game in the making, featuring 85 uniqe turrets: News post

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:45:55

At 5/27/09 03:30 PM, v150r wrote: adblock turned on, but some ads cannot be blocked (fail)

You do realise without adverts newgrounds won't exist? Anybody who blocks adverts deserves to be banned, who gives a fuck if they're slightly annoying? THEY FUND THE WEBSITE. Blocking adverts is fucking selfish.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:49:03

I think this should be an optional layout, as it doesn't match the main, narrow layout and thus looks unprofessional and inconsistent.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:51:23

It has some redeeming features like night view and related flashes but the rest is unnecessary or making the page cluttered.
Definitely needs an option to not play automatically, change back to the original view and bring back the details you ditched like flash category.

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:54:20

This new layout makes depositing my experience points extremely annoying. Why did you guys think it would be a good idea to have movies and games automatically play when I visit the page? This is very annoying when I'm trying to listen to music while depositing my experience points since music from the movie will start randomly playing.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:56:04

Just saw it1!!1 o__o

NICE IDEA^^ KEEP THAT UP tOMMY <33

Quack!

Woundersplenndin'!

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 15:56:15

At 5/26/09 08:22 PM, AnkhClock wrote: Newgrounds lame attempt to be more like Hulu?
I don't like it much, I dislike viewing movies in the NG window which is why I always chose "Pop-up" in the past. Now I have to disable my pop-up blocker before I can.

I agree. I've never used Hulu, but now I can't open a shitload of tabs as games waiting to play, without being assaulted by eight million different soundtracks. ._. I hope they make a way to select which you want, because after five minutes, I already hate this. x.x

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 16:01:01

Fulp, I've supported just about everything you do, but this is a crock of shit!

The lay out look awfull, it's annoying to navigate, and now the site looks like a gay oarnge and black Jewtube.

Because of this terrable decision, you now officially suck furry cock.

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 16:07:55

my revenue went up 5 cents because of it!

Thanks guys!

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 16:09:05

i have an idea to fix some of the issues, make the voting console beneath the submission, right above the suggested submissions. Have the icon to the left of the name, and have the details about the rating appear by rolling over the rating icon like excessive violence mild nudity etc. But im not very sure about the whole voting console, unless it would be ok if there was a blank space where it was.

PLEEZ STEEL MY SIGNICHUR

BBS Signature

Response to Wide Layout 2009-05-27 16:10:35

I wonder if the admins would actually bother catering to the people who don't want this. It seems like a lot of people are like 'OH Yay something new'. I don't think the site layout needed improvement at all. Especially when my first thought is that my internet is lagging and I can't possibly play with the webpage loaded like this.

As of ten to fifteen minutes, I can't stand to play flash games on this layout anymore. It gives me a headache, it's annoying, I fucking HATE autoplay, the music makes it impossible for me to multi-task, and I'm really just utterly disgusted right now, and I want the old layout back. It looks like Youtube now, and I hate it. -.- It also looks like Gaia, and this is precisely why I left Gaia.

Rather than screwing with a perfectly good layout, I would rather have had the Flash category fixed. Unless it has been. In which case, I utterly hate this widescreen thing. It clashes, it's awful looking, and it just completely ruins my experience here.

Get used to it? Maybe. But I'd rather have a button that lets me switch back and forget this ever happened on my screen. :/

BBS Signature