00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

maxbombolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

SF Collab, Power of Three Teams

39,948 Views | 220 Replies
Respond to this Topic

SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 17:56:04

First, go DIGG this so we can get front page:
SF COLLAB ON DIGG

Some other website recently made Digg's front page with Mike's Doom Triple Pack, just like how some site snagged front page with HappyHarry's Watchmen spoof when NG had already submitted it. WE CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Be sure to read up on The Power of Three!

I have been putting together a preliminary TEAM ROSTER based on the team submissions. There are some heavy hitters (cough Adam Phillips) who are ALMOST on that list but I'm waiting on final team confirmations. It's already an impressive list, though!

The plan is to update this page throughout the summer, with screen shots and interviews from the teams. As the games take shape, we'll develop a fall release schedule to maximize the excitement over each release.

NOTE: I am still going through PMs and logging team info. If your team isn't on this list, I will get to it soon!

NOTE 2: I have been digging up programmers and making a list of those who are interested. If you're an artist who has won awards on NG and you can't find a programmer, please mention it here and I will try to do some match-making!

TEAMS: Someone (I think RubberNinja?) recommended having team names, which sounds like a lot of fun! So PM me with your team name and I can include those.

BIG POWER OF THREE UPDATE:

I'm updating the team list and we're approaching a size where I may have to start cutting teams that don't show a lot of potential. I also need to set new rules for any future applications:

Please do not submit a team application unless two of your team members have won awards on Newgrounds.

I'm sorry to have to limit this event, but if it gets too big, I feel that participating teams could suffer. I may be imposing a cut-off of 33 teams, so that we have a manageable number for the release schedule and ongoing publicity.

Also, we will be encouraging the integration of medals in the games!

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 17:57:52

Best collab I've seen on NG, congratulations to everyone who was a part of it :)

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 17:58:28

That roster looks awesome! Even found myself among the crowd. This will be pure awesomeness!

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 17:59:21

Roster looks awesome, just some teams seem WAY too unfair :(

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 17:59:33

#4 woo! Congrats to SF peoples

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:02:32

coooooooool! kinda plain page so far tho...

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:02:15

At 5/19/09 05:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: First, go DIGG this so we can get front page:
SF COLLAB ON DIGG

Dugg and shared :)

Some other website recently made Digg's front page with Mike's Doom Triple Pack, just like how some site snagged front page with HappyHarry's Watchmen spoof when NG had already submitted it. WE CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN.

Who was that posting the link to the NG submission? Me again! :P

I have been putting together a preliminary TEAM ROSTER based on the team submissions. There are some heavy hitters (cough Adam Phillips) who are ALMOST on that list but I'm waiting on final team confirmations. It's already an impressive list, though!

I've got a team pretty much I'll sort that out and PM you about it soon.

The plan is to update this page throughout the summer

Great :)

Sup, bitches :)

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:02:56

ME, THE-TITAN AND MAESTROTAGE
BAM! EXPECT MEDIOCRE STUFF!

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:03:06

Holy shit, some of these teams are unbelievably awesome.
The-Swain, PsychoGoldfish and liljim?
I hate to use this word, but this'll be epic.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:03:15

sounds interesting

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:03:50

Tom I need to announce my desire for a programmer but must wait 2 weeks for a front page post which really screwed me over.

By tomorrow I'll be able to hopefully snag someone for a cool project.

PicByJaxxy ;)

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:04:12

You and W-P-S? Niiiiiiice.

:P

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:04:58

At 5/19/09 05:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: First, go DIGG this so we can get front page:
SF COLLAB ON DIGG

Dugg after readying Poozy's hard-hitting comment in the other thread. Made me feel bad for not signing up sooner.

Why not throw a copyright infringement claim their way? Apparantly Digg takes those pretty seriously.
It's shaky ground though, considering the licence that the three games are under.

Cool page you got there. I especially liked the message under the ads:
These ads benefit Child's Play Charity.
Aww, bless.

Either way, I see some good and interesting line-ups there.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:06:28

Oh god, that Stamper is one sick fuck. That's how I like 'em.

Some awesome teams on that roster. Can't wait to see what egoraptor and afroninja can come up with!

Meet the Mayor.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:09:37

awesome stuff, I'll definietly check up on that team list quite a bit to see the new teams emerging. There's definitely some heavy hitters like you mentioned, Tom, most notable that one comprised of Goldfish, Swain and liljim.

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:10:56

Big Brother is watching! Or in this case Mr. Fulp is watching. I had just received a PM earlier today asking to release my part for the collab since the collab was expected to never be released, and a couple hours later the collab is on the front page..........fishy! Ha, I'm just excited it's finally out!

SF COLLAB ON DIGG

The plan is to update this page throughout the summer, with screen shots and interviews from the teams. As the games take shape, we'll develop a fall release schedule to maximize the excitement over each release.

NOTE: I am still going through PMs and logging team info. If your team isn't on this list, I will get to it soon!

TEAMS: Someone (I think RubberNinja?) recommended having team names, which sounds like a lot of fun! So PM me with your team name and I can include those.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:11:57

coolio
SF collab was sweeet
and cant wait to see what comes out of power of 3

well ain't that a bitch......... i can't believe that this isn't butter!

Don't stare into the abyss............some bastard might push you in

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:14:01

Woah, the Waldemar + Tom + RedMongoose team = Awesome

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:18:58

I saw one of those teams and thought "Yea this team will win" then I saw the others and I crapped myself. This is going to be turn out great no matter what happens.

Huh?

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:21:35

I CALL TEAM FLASH ATTACK !

Castle Crashers Collab Programmer

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:24:08

It's all fun and games, until someone knows where you live.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:26:37

Some impressive teams on there... This idea sounds very exciting for all of the teams, and it's a great idea nonetheless. Will there be any more of those contests or is this a one-time summer job thing?

Videogames are my favorite videogames

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:28:41

Already dugg ;) I figured you would make an official post about it

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:37:08

need a programmer

Insert humorous comment about the below user.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Dmabste rProductions

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:37:16

looks at the first 10 team.... i can say this competition is going to be awesome
hope to have a lot more, and hope to see the same next year =D

~Member of the EGB since 10/04/07 ~Member of the NGDD since 10/28/07

~thanx a million times for the sig CagedSilhouette

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:40:02

At 5/19/09 05:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: NOTE 2: I have been digging up programmers and making a list of those who are interested. If you're an artist who has won awards on NG and you can't find a programmer, please mention it here and I will try to do some match-making!

Hey Tom, I'm also an artist looking for a programmer. I'd be grateful if you'd pair me up with someone!

Artist seeking programmer: I like long walks on the beach and the color blue.

The POT competiation looks something fierce! I can't wait for the flood of awesome submissions starting in September.

postcount +=1;

Newgrounds Photoshop Headquarters || Don't use MS Paint! Use Aviary!

SING US A SING YOU'RE THE PIANO MAN

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:41:34

fffffffff some of those teams are so stacked

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:42:21

ya know, my mom is beginning to wonder why i have "crusties" all over my boxers...and this forum isn't helping shit ! But no, really, awesome line-up. And yes, I'm proud that my mom washes my unmentionables.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:43:20

Im actually doing art on another game also. and programming another one. Applications coming.

None

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-19 18:43:44

This is so freaking intense. Some pretty sick teams up there. Very nice page. I AM PUMPED.

Woohoo! Let the games begin :)
-Matt