00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Fluffymofo808 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

SF Collab, Power of Three Teams

39,975 Views | 220 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 14:31:17

At 5/20/09 04:02 PM, liljim wrote: PsychoGoldfish: so I told tom we are gonna go by Pony Princess Parade
PsychoGoldfish: we just need a coat of arms now
The-Swain: we should make the musician of the group draw it
The-Swain: that would obviously make the most sense

I aim to please.

Is that a joke...because...that conversation was over AIM..?! Get it? AIM TO PLEASE AAAAAAAHA

Also, Goldfish is gonna write our anthem. But I don't know what that leaves me.

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 14:39:06

Tom, I need a programmer, then I'd be set D:

at the moment, it's me and f-777 with the music. He's on hold, waiting on me to find a programmer. Are there any left?

I tried looking for my own before coming to this thread, but none seem to be really up for it.
Any help?

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 14:45:18

At 5/21/09 02:31 PM, The-Swain wrote: Also, Goldfish is gonna write our anthem. But I don't know what that leaves me.

That leaves you more time to mod. oh wait you never do that either.

None

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 15:24:53

At 5/19/09 06:00 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Looking further down the list....
How is AronKing part of 2 teams?

Seems kind of unfair if you ask me.

Also nice to see admins are getting involved into the action.

You should see luis. I think hes part of 4 different teams :|

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 15:58:02

Anyone fancy teaming up? I'm a flash artist, PM me.

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 16:13:58

A damn fine job on the SF Collab.

Definitely worth the wait.

Last.fm | Xbox LIVE - TEE B1ZZL3 | Steam

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 16:54:04

At 5/21/09 04:13 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: A damn fine job on the SF Collab.

Definitely worth the wait.

Agreed 100%. I just finished watching them all and the vast majority were hilarious.

Wi/Ht Member #50 | Top 500 XP | Top 80 B/P! | Top 45 Protector | Top 125 VP

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 17:53:30

Just noticed Nogfish, Negativeone and redMongoose are in a group and poxpower, murudai and Rig are too. This is getting too awesome.

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 19:09:28

I am terribly disappointed in the change of rules. Here I was thinking this was a chance for newer people to get a chance to start making games. Instead it seems like its just getting big names together, without any chance for the newer people.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 19:21:42

At 5/21/09 07:09 PM, SomethingSpecial wrote: I am terribly disappointed in the change of rules. Here I was thinking this was a chance for newer people to get a chance to start making games. Instead it seems like its just getting big names together, without any chance for the newer people.

As long as your team shows potential, you have a chance.

sig'd

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 19:33:49

At 5/21/09 07:21 PM, chickendance333 wrote:
At 5/21/09 07:09 PM, SomethingSpecial wrote: I am terribly disappointed in the change of rules. Here I was thinking this was a chance for newer people to get a chance to start making games. Instead it seems like its just getting big names together, without any chance for the newer people.
As long as your team shows potential, you have a chance.

Exactly, and even if you dont get into the final thing, whos saying you dont have a chance to make a game?
All you need to do is go and make something and submit it. If its good, youll get an award anyway. This event isnt the only way to get recognition, you just need to get off your ass and do something.

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 20:30:31

I was of course referring to:

"I'm updating the team list and we're approaching a size where I may have to start cutting teams that don't show a lot of potential. I also need to set new rules for any future applications:

:Please do not submit a team application unless two of your team members have won awards on Newgrounds.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 20:53:57

Looking for a musician...

I've got a programmer...... Hit me up.

--keirupted--

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 21:03:05

I just want to say to all those people who didnt like stampers contribution in this that I do not understand, it was CLEARLY the best one and funniest of all as usual.

Keep pushing the line stamper, you certainly have my support

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 21:39:24

At 5/19/09 05:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: Please do not submit a team application unless two of your team members have won awards on Newgrounds.

I OBJECT TO THIS

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 22:28:40

Newer idea......

Either I need a musician or.....

Vector artist that can clean up/optimize animation.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-21 22:40:42

At 5/19/09 05:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: If you're an artist who has won awards on NG and you can't find a programmer, please mention it here and I will try to do some match-making!

I AM OFFICIALLY MENTIONING IT HERE.

Catoblepas and I are in great need of a programmer to complete our threesome.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 00:15:53

This seems like something that is aiming at high quality talent, which Tom pointed out in the initial post. A trio of juggernauts with talents? We should be guaranteed high grade entertainment. It also lets people come out of their comfort zones and truly make a collaboration, instead of just stringing together individual shorts.

It's like the flash version of the Avengers!

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 01:27:08

I just got done watching the ENTIRE sf collab (check my profile, I got the Bloodshot award) And I feel like I need some serious mind soap after seeing the 'Skeet fighter' skit at the very end.

You know what,I'm gonna post my own SF collab tribute, and hope it makes the front page, just for the lulz.

Im a GAMER. I have a plethora of LIVES!

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 06:16:34

they are stealing newgrounds stuff!? i will kill them all...

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 06:27:15

At 5/19/09 05:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: BIG POWER OF THREE UPDATE:
I'm updating the team list and we're approaching a size where I may have to start cutting teams that don't show a lot of potential. I also need to set new rules for any future applications:
I'm sorry to have to limit this event, but if it gets too big, I feel that participating teams could suffer.

Sounds like this event needs some monitoring. In all honesty, I'm not sure I have any skills that would qualify myself to participate in this event.

The deeper you delve, the more strategizing is involved.

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 09:45:03

Yo! Xionico here, and I'm still looking for a programmer

I'm a flash artist and I've won a fair amount of awards, plus I have a musician already aligned which is Gorgorothx . The problem is that the programmers who have contacted me don't have any awards (some of then not even flash works), which kind of gets in the way of the "2 people of the tem must have awards" requiriment.

I'm looking for a programmer able (and willing) to work on a action-scroller / beat'e up and if the situation asks for it, puzzle solving as well.

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 09:48:42

At 5/22/09 09:45 AM, Xionico wrote: which kind of gets in the way of the "2 people of the tem must have awards" requiriment.

That's not a requirement anymore. Some teams have no awards at all and were allowed, them having a good enough game concept/concept art.

As long as a team shows potential, it will be allowed, so you can have a programmer that doesn't have awards as long as you're certain he is a quality programmer.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 16:00:22

I am a programmer and I have a coupe ideas for a fighting/shooting game.. but if anyone is interested let me know and hopefully we can figure out something fun

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 16:32:56

You need to have won awards? NOOOO.
"RIP THE SYSTEM
END FACISM!
KEIN MERHEIT
FUR DIE MITLEID
BeRzErKeR!"That's from picos school by the way.
Can us and our teams still make a game on our own based on three if we feel like it?

https://generated.inspirobot.me/a/qlPBXrQme5.jpg

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 16:42:05

At 5/22/09 04:32 PM, flashwarrior wrote: Can us and our teams still make a game on our own based on three if we feel like it?

yes. you can.

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 17:29:25

great collob its awesome

SF Collab, Power of Three Teams

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 17:44:03

you should boot off any teams that didnt bother to make themselves a user icon. I'm tired of seeeing that whole bottom of the page with X X X

None

BBS Signature

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 17:57:33

I'm quite late on deciding joining up on this, but I may be interested working as an artist.

Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams 2009-05-22 17:58:29

Feel free to utterly deny us, due to the fact that none of us have any rewards. But Ironically back on April 27th Myself, my best friend, and a good friend of his got together and started making a game.
I was the artist, my friend the scripter, and his friend composing original music for the game.

So far we have all the concept art for the first level done, as well as a pre-alpha build with a whole bunch of dummy art I did to test our scripts before the real art had been finished so we could work simultaneously.

As far as this goes you'd have to accept us based entirely on faith, I can provide for you all of the concept art, the pre-alpha build, and the concept if you please.

Also in the spirit of 3-ness (And like I said we planned this whole thing BEFORE this whole power of three thing happened) The game has three levels, and is a trilogy.
The game is called "Vigor"
The second game is going to have the subtitle "Obsession"

Basically it's a sidescrolling action platformer.
There are 3 characters over all, the initial main character, an unlockable secondary character who serves as the main characters mentor in the main characters story line, and a third unlockable character who serves as a joke/easter egg, named Jorge who is a Spaniard fat man in a speedo with an Elvis Presley cut who's ranged attack comes from his belly button and his melee is his arm flabs.

The over all storyline focuses around the main character becoming obsessed with his own power after he first discovers it in the first game, and the secondary characters attempt to control that.
Originally both characters were to be playable from the start, but then I chose to make the secondary character unlockable to really push that the first character is the main character.

This is so it'll take people even more by shock when the main character isn't even playable in the final game, as in that game as opposed to the protagonist, he'll be the final boss! How exciting.

Give us a chance, like I said I can give you anything you need to make it seem more worthwhile.