Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 04:13 PM Reply

crews looking for audio artists, go HEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRE

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

kingoftheworld134
kingoftheworld134
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 04:36 PM Reply

Awards? Dammit! I was gonna get flash for this event!

max15946
max15946
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 04:39 PM Reply

Note to everyone no one take the team name: Team Awesome. it is reserved for Egoraptor. (if he doesn't want it then someone can take it.)

Castle Crashers Collab Programmer

BBS Signature
evan210
evan210
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 04:41 PM Reply

At 5/19/09 10:07 PM, TomFulp wrote:
At 5/19/09 10:00 PM, evan210 wrote: why isn't our team on that list?

i'm the artist, lillefyr is the musician, and either cool901 or makeshift are the programmers (TBD).
I was behind on team applications when I posted that list, it will probably get updated in the morning.

ok it's me, lillefyr, and cool901.

4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 04:46 PM Reply

Here's a popular question that has yet to be answered. (At least I haven't seen the answer anywhere) Are the games we do for this contest allowed to be sponsored?

max15946
max15946
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 05:18 PM Reply

I can make music!

pleze?

BBS Signature
max15946
max15946
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 06:05 PM Reply

PLEASE LET ME DO MUSIC FOR YOUR TEAM! I"LL GIVE YOU MY PANTS!!!!!!

PLEZE! PLEZE!

BBS Signature
Jimp
Jimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 06:10 PM Reply

At 5/20/09 06:05 PM, max15946 wrote: PLEASE LET ME DO MUSIC FOR YOUR TEAM! I"LL GIVE YOU MY PANTS!!!!!!

PLEZE! PLEZE!

what the fuck, stop that.

Also, shotgun Team Awesome.

BBS Signature
farfenwaffle
farfenwaffle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 06:14 PM Reply

damnit, this event is only for the uber people... we are going to try our best to win, even if were not "good enough" good luck everyone. "god" and "bad"!

max15946
max15946
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 06:15 PM Reply

At 5/20/09 06:10 PM, J1mp wrote:
At 5/20/09 06:05 PM, max15946 wrote: PLEASE LET ME DO MUSIC FOR YOUR TEAM! I"LL GIVE YOU MY PANTS!!!!!!

PLEZE! PLEZE!
what the fuck, stop that.

Also, shotgun Team Awesome.

ok im only stop cause you made a fun game

BBS Signature
farfenwaffle
farfenwaffle
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 06:18 PM Reply

At 5/20/09 06:14 PM, farfenwaffle wrote: damnit, this event is only for the uber people... we are going to try our best to win, even if were not "good enough" good luck everyone. "god" and "bad"!

oh shi- never mind... eh were going to be cut anyway! unless alex or mooch miracualously wins an award were boned.

incheoul
incheoul
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 06:53 PM Reply

WHOO

Incheoul is the best he owns all your asses!

BBS Signature
Crabnek
Crabnek
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 09:09 PM Reply

luis again wtf

Moosh
Moosh
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Game Developer
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 09:10 PM Reply

Hey, I'm an artist with a few rewards and still looking for a team. I was wondering what kinda programmers are up for some match-making as mentioned? :3

(Bonus if youre also into anime/manga, typical weaboo jap shit <3)

SF Collab, Power of Three Teams

Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 09:12 PM Reply

what if only one person on our team has an award but we show a lot of potential? I mean we already got a good chunk of the game started. Engine is getting there and I've started on the design of the game.

if the award thing is a big problem, I'll try to find a musician with a reward because I'd be sad to be rejected when we've done so much...

SF Collab, Power of Three Teams

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Sterance
Sterance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 09:21 PM Reply

At 5/19/09 05:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: Please do not submit a team application unless two of your team members have won awards on Newgrounds.

Way to be elitist Tom. Just when i feel like this power of three thing is a great example of NG, you go and do this.

You know better than anyone else that there are tons of great flashes that get missed and never get awards.

You might as well rename this event "The power of popularity on Newgrounds."

Fear Popo Bawa!!!
John Goodman | ¥
while(<>){chomp;print;}

Daumenkino
Daumenkino
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 09:34 PM Reply

hear hear

go to my deviantart page for sweet stuff. REALLY REALLY AWESOME I promise

JPGarcia
JPGarcia
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 09:35 PM Reply

I am a programmer, looking for a team!
I have no medals, only one shitty game, but I can do better than that.
>:O

phantomZ
phantomZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 09:51 PM Reply

Hey any one in Dallas that does Music? My team needs a musician!!! PM me Please

MCSMstudios
MCSMstudios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 09:57 PM Reply

I'm a programmer. With portal awards. <_< >_> <_<

PuffballsUnited
PuffballsUnited
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 19
Animator
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 10:04 PM Reply

At 5/19/09 05:56 PM, TomFulp wrote: Please do not submit a team application unless two of your team members have won awards on Newgrounds.

How can we tell if the audio artist has won an award? It doesn't show up on their page. Also, does this new qualification kick out the people that have entered that don't pass this qualification? Or would they get replaced by a team that fits the qualification when they enter. I would have entered sooner, but I didn't want to apply until I found a programmer.

I have a Twitter that I link to everywhere. ;)
Steam ID: PuffballsUnited

BBS Signature
Afro-Ninja
Afro-Ninja
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Game Developer
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 11:08 PM Reply

At 5/20/09 09:21 PM, Sterance wrote: Way to be elitist Tom. Just when i feel like this power of three thing is a great example of NG, you go and do this.

You know better than anyone else that there are tons of great flashes that get missed and never get awards.

Nothing is stopping you from continuing to form a team and make a game.

Of course there are flashes that get missed. But this isn't as simple as featuring something on the front page. When you have an event like this with limited scope you need some form of proof of entry, some kind of cut-off line. I don't think Tom has the time to manually review each flash submission from each questionable applicant.

So create your game, and make it good! And next time something like this comes around you'll have something to show. This power of three thing shouldn't be the only thing fueling your interest in making quality flash.

BBS Signature
Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 20th, 2009 @ 11:33 PM Reply

Kind of seems unfair that some people are on multiple teams while a lot of others are rejected. I sent in my application with a few images of the art style in the game, but I don't have much of a submission background.

If only the Art Portal was up...

I'd be drowning in awards by now

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Scythemantis
Scythemantis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 21st, 2009 @ 01:12 AM Reply

I had a couple people approach me to be their artist for this event, and all of them abandoned the project for their own personal reasons.

Even before this event was announced I have been extremely eager to collab with someone on a game. If ANYBODY still needs an artist, you can count on me to give it my all. I have tons of art samples on bogleech.com or you can look at my more recent NG stuff.

I should mention however that monster design is the only strong point I really have. If it involves monsters, I'll enjoy it.

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 21st, 2009 @ 01:56 AM Reply

At 5/20/09 11:33 PM, Fleshlight wrote: Kind of seems unfair that some people are on multiple teams while a lot of others are rejected. I sent in my application with a few images of the art style in the game, but I don't have much of a submission background.

I didnt *take* anyone elses spot. II was doing those games wether its part of the power of 3 or not. I dont get bent out of shape or dejected at the fact i dont see my name on an ugly team roster (sorry tom, that page is ugly and you know it.)

I think Afro-ninja said it more eloquently but nothing is stopping you from forming a team of 3 and going on with it as if you are part of the project. I'm SURE people are going to drop like flies when the actual work comes into play. Its all fun to make teamz and shit but its entirely different matter to sit down plan things out and get in the trenches. SO for the sake of keeping morale and excitement up, the team roster page tends to have mostly heavyweights. Thats not to say you cant get your team of 3 or you should slit your wrists.. there simply had to be a cutoff somewhere and that somewhere is now.

He could make continuous updates to the roster list from here till september but what good does that do when he could go back to working on pico's school 2. or ng chat!

None

Sterance
Sterance
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Programmer
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 21st, 2009 @ 01:59 AM Reply

At 5/20/09 11:08 PM, Afro-Ninja wrote:
At 5/20/09 09:21 PM, Sterance wrote: Way to be elitist Tom. Just when i feel like this power of three thing is a great example of NG, you go and do this.

Nothing is stopping you from continuing to form a team and make a game.

Of course there are flashes that get missed. But this isn't as simple as featuring something on the front page. When you have an event like this with limited scope you need some form of proof of entry, some kind of cut-off line. I don't think Tom has the time to manually review each flash submission from each questionable applicant.

So create your game, and make it good! And next time something like this comes around you'll have something to show. This power of three thing shouldn't be the only thing fueling your interest in making quality flash.

Good point. I realize that I can still find an artist and a musicy person and make a game; i actually have already done this for a project i started about a month ago (well before the power of three thing).

I guess I should clarify. In the past, anyone could enter and win any of the contests NG has had. there seemed to be an emphasis on welcoming new flash artists to learn and grow. The power of three dealy seemed to be the perfect example of inviting flash users to come together and grow.

Tom adding the prereq of an award changes the whole face of things; now its about well skilled flash artists showing off their skills. i was pissed because the event seemed to be about focusing on community, but i was wrong. my bad

Fear Popo Bawa!!!
John Goodman | ¥
while(<>){chomp;print;}

Luis
Luis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Melancholy
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 21st, 2009 @ 02:04 AM Reply

At 5/21/09 01:59 AM, Sterance wrote: Tom adding the prereq of an award changes the whole face of things; now its about well skilled flash artists showing off their skills. i was pissed because the event seemed to be about focusing on community, but i was wrong. my bad

Its still about community and you can still be part of the project. You simply have to prove yourself now, just as you have to prove yourself everytime you submit a game/animation to the portal. This whole site is based on proving yourself ... if i was you id just continue on with your idea and team.

Its not like Tom or anyone is going to stop you from working on it. I predict as some team's flake out, others that have been going strong can jump in and fill gaps. That is where you make your grand enterance

None

W-P-S
W-P-S
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Animator
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 21st, 2009 @ 03:01 AM Reply

lmao, stupid noobies without portal awards

Zendra
Zendra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 51
Blank Slate
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 21st, 2009 @ 03:10 AM Reply

+1 for Pony Princess Parade.

4urentertainment
4urentertainment
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Game Developer
Response to SF Collab, Power of Three Teams May. 21st, 2009 @ 03:37 AM Reply

My question is, ca the teams already approved that don't have awards be kept there if they show promising art/engine samples?