00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jmurr12 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newground's Department of defense.

557,845 Views | 12,412 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Newground's Department of Defense

********** Don't be intimidated, we are looking for new members!**********

Welcome to the NGDD! Our purpose is to band together to serve Newgrounds. We have had a long history of almost 400 pages and are one of the oldest surviving clubs/crews on NG (2 years and 2 months). We have decided to start and continue using this thread as our active thread to create more interest in the NGDD and to clarify what our purpose and activities consist of in the first page.

Activities

The NGDD will have many competitions, b/p, Flash, audio, review, random quizzes, etc. When you participate in a competition, you will earn a certain amount of points depending on your performance in the competition. These points will be able to be redeemed for Newgrounds merchandise or a promotion with in the club. Other ways to earn points is to do various things for the NGDD, such as running a competition.

Club Structure

There are four main departments: The Department of Flash, The Department of BBS, The Department of Audio, and the Department of Internal Affairs. A member of the NGDD will be able to join or switch to any one of the departments, the Department of Internal Affairs can only be joined if your rank is higher than Private. Each department is headed by a leader (already selected from the previous thread) and afer this post each leader will post what their departments purposes are and the expected duties of their members.

Deparment summarys:

Audio

As a member of the NGDD Audio Dept one of the primary duties is to help monitor trends in the audio portal and forum.

Additional or specific duties may be assigned as needed.

Persons with an interest in joining the audio dept. should have some familiarity with the creation of BGM&E/ VO for use in Flash animations.

You must also be willing to spend a little bit of time reviewing audio submissions and sifting through the Audio Forum to help determine points of concern and interest.

Although no requirements are absolutely necessary ,the better suited NGDD.AD candidates will also meet one or more of the following:

* 3 or more audio submissions with an Average Overall Rating of 7.00/10.00
* 3 or more submissions with a current score of 3.34 or higher
* 2 or more submissions used in a Flash Animation
* 50+ posts made to the Audio Forum

After the 15 day probation period any audio Dept. member that wants a new title and/or promotion must ask for it. It will be your resposibility to keep track of your progress and submit a request for advancement as appropriate. Your request will be reviewed by senior Audio Dept. members and you will then be granted a new rank and/or title based on merit.

Flash

The flash department’s aim is to discuss and take part in protecting the portal, this can be a range of things from flagging flashes and reviews that break the rules to voting fairly and giving detailed reviews to help authors.

We will take part in missions to protect the portal such as b/p, review competitions and much much more.

All you need to join is one of the following:
200 b/p points
Silver whistle
Or 30 decent reviews

BBS

The purpose of the BBS department is to discuss Bbs news, new clubs, etc.

"We have an opinion on everything" - wondereyes

We will take part in informing moderators of unseen spam, keeping a freindly board enviroment, and other numerous activities.

Requirements:

Ten good post. That's it. Very open for new members!

Joining the NGDD

So you want to join the NGDD? All you need to do is to post saying which department you would like to be in, excepting the Internal Affairs (see above). There are no requirements to join the NGDD, but you will be automatically dishonourably discharged and lose all points if a post is not made in two weeks without prior notice. Also, all new members will be ranked as Privates for fifteen days after which, they will be promoted by their Department leader to your participation in the NGDD.

For up-to-date news on activities, member lists, the point system, and much more, please visit our Private forum.

Current member list on this middle of this page.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Newgrounds Department of Defense!

To the mods:

This is not a repeat thread to piss you off. We have decided on locking our big thread. Saria said that's the only way we can make this one. Gooch told me to ask and administator to lock it. So, someone please have an administator lock it. Please look at this as a new club, not a repeat club. Thanks.

Good luck everyone!

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 15:47:42

I see you have made this a new thread, quite nice to if I may say so myself. Now, I would like to ask of you to join the department of Flash. I have spoken to WastedWizard and decided I wish to join this club and that department. I will be very glad if you were to have me and I feel you will find me qualified for the job. I expect your reply soon, best of whishes to the new thread.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 15:50:21

At 6/17/06 03:47 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: I see you have made this a new thread, quite nice to if I may say so myself. Now, I would like to ask of you to join the department of Flash. I have spoken to WastedWizard and decided I wish to join this club and that department. I will be very glad if you were to have me and I feel you will find me qualified for the job. I expect your reply soon, best of whishes to the new thread.

YAY! Thanks for joining, for 15 days you will be a Private and then you will get promoted to your rank.
The new thread looks great!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 15:54:06

At 6/17/06 03:50 PM, WastedWizard wrote: YAY! Thanks for joining, for 15 days you will be a Private and then you will get promoted to your rank.
The new thread looks great!

Yes Sir. Though I must confess, the last time I was ranked Private was long ago. Deje Vu if you will.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:00:33

At 6/17/06 03:54 PM, Ghost_Phantom wrote: Yes Sir. Though I must confess, the last time I was ranked Private was long ago. Deje Vu if you will.

Ahh.... soon you will get a rank, and if you do anywhere near as good in this club as you do at b/p it will be a very high one too...

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:07:16

At 6/17/06 04:00 PM, WastedWizard wrote: Ahh.... soon you will get a rank, and if you do anywhere near as good in this club as you do at b/p it will be a very high one too...

That is what I do, I remain loyal to the clubs I join, but few make the top 3 in my sig, and as you asked not be called Sir, I won't, but know it does not mean I respect you any less.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:10:07

Here's WastedWizard's competiton if anyone missed it.

"Flash Comp
Well to mark the start of a new generation I decided we should start it off with a competition.

Details:

Date: Saturday 17th June

What you have to do:

The competition will involve B/P, reviews and even though you only have a week, submitting flash.

Scoring:

B/P:

1 B/P point = 1 point

Reviews:

Abusive review: Disqualified (If you do this a lot you will get chucked out the NGDD)
Poor review: -25 points
2 line review: 1 point
3 line review: 2 points
You get the idea for every line you get an extra point.

Flash:

5 minute piece: Disqualified and banned from future comps for 3 months.
Basically I will decide on how many points you get depending on how good the flash is. As a rough Idea a flash with a score of 3 would get around 100 points.

You don’t have to do all these.

Signing up:

If you want to take part please E-mail me: slightlycrazydude@gmail.com or add me on AIM: wastedwizard123.

Basically on the morning of the competition come here and post the amount of B/P point’s you have and the same at the end of the day. I will look at reviews etc… NOTE: If I find you have posted the wrong amount of B/P and it is to your advantage I will disqualify you.

If you have any questions please ask."

Hey WastedWizard, are you SCD?

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:12:14

At 6/17/06 04:10 PM, dave wrote: E-mail: slightlycrazydude@gmail.com AIM: wastedwizard123.

To say I'm confused is an understatement.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:12:20

Wondermuffin. It's Carrot. All my other accounts have been lost. So this is my new one? you know my history, so can i just join?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:13:46

At 6/17/06 04:12 PM, -FallenAngel wrote: Wondermuffin. It's Carrot. All my other accounts have been lost. So this is my new one? you know my history, so can i just join?

Lol @ carrot_muffin. This is Crazy, not wonder. He has left us. Yes you can jpin. Private for 15 days. Be active carrot!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:16:11

At 6/17/06 04:13 PM, dave wrote:
At 6/17/06 04:12 PM, -FallenAngel wrote: Wondermuffin. It's Carrot. All my other accounts have been lost. So this is my new one? you know my history, so can i just join?
Lol @ carrot_muffin. This is Crazy, not wonder. He has left us. Yes you can jpin. Private for 15 days. Be active carrot!

..i knew that..lol. will do sir!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:27:56

I joined the comp ( WW will confirm ) and will get to work on the flash right now, I'm still new but maybe within a week, I'll make something decent.... Good luck to all.

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:32:12

i would love to join this department

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:32:13

Remember people, I shouldn't be officially back until september, but if I have a chance to pop in I will.

So for important decision text 6038583491 Or use this to text me:

http://www.jasonholm.com/tracfone.html

It wont cost me, don't worry. :)

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:39:38

soz i would like to join the flash department as i have some under construction

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:40:40

At 6/17/06 04:39 PM, Dumbass_Dude wrote: soz i would like to join the flash department as i have some under construction

Maybe you should check out the new competion then!

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:43:58

At 6/17/06 04:32 PM, dave wrote: I shouldn't be officially back until september.

What's this?

BBS Signature

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:44:25

At 6/17/06 04:43 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/17/06 04:32 PM, dave wrote: I shouldn't be officially back until september.
What's this?

hey bbm, it's carrot :)

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:53:06

I always wanted to join this crew, but I was too intimidated by your huge amount of pages, but now I'll join! I'd like to be in the BBS department, please!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 16:54:31

It would be great to join, this could really boost up things like the number of voters in the audio portal, because not many people go there anymore.

Why are you lol?

Fuck sigs.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 17:09:37

At 6/17/06 04:10 PM, dave wrote:
Hey WastedWizard, are you SCD?

Maybe..Maybe not

At 6/17/06 04:12 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote:
At 6/17/06 04:10 PM, dave wrote: E-mail: slightlycrazydude@gmail.com AIM: wastedwizard123.
To say I'm confused is an understatement.

You can stay confused.

At 6/17/06 04:32 PM, Dumbass_Dude wrote: i would love to join this department

Choose a department, Flash, Audio or BSS.

At 6/17/06 04:39 PM, Dumbass_Dude wrote: soz i would like to join the flash department as i have some under construction

Welcome Private

At 6/17/06 04:53 PM, coley_demon wrote: I always wanted to join this crew, but I was too intimidated by your huge amount of pages, but now I'll join! I'd like to be in the BBS department, please!

Thats the whole reason for this new thread and you just proved me right! Welcome!

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 17:19:52

I would like to be in the Audio Department, as I am working on a new piece.

Why are you lol?

Fuck sigs.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 17:27:16

At 6/17/06 05:19 PM, KungFuMonkey wrote: I would like to be in the Audio Department, as I am working on a new piece.
At 6/17/06 05:22 PM, DaSadGirl wrote: I'll gladly join. I need to spend time in the C&C more often and this is a great way to do it. The NGDD has been here for a long time and I should of joined a long time ago. Now, with a fresh start, I think it caught my attention. Would it be ok if I joined the BBS?

( 19

Welcome to both of you, for 15 days you will be ranked Private and then will recieve a rank from your department leaders.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 17:31:03

At 6/17/06 05:27 PM, WastedWizard wrote:

Welcome to both of you, for 15 days you will be ranked Private and then will recieve a rank from your department leaders.

How would we get our ranking higher?

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 17:31:28

I have one question: Who are all the Department leaders?

Why are you lol?

Fuck sigs.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 17:38:52

Ok, so I suck at making sigs, but here is a NGDD sig. with no name, so anyone can use this.

Newground's Department of defense.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 17:42:32

At 6/17/06 05:31 PM, -FallenAngel wrote:
At 6/17/06 05:27 PM, WastedWizard wrote:

How would we get our ranking higher?

Taking part in comps, being active etc...

At 6/17/06 05:31 PM, KungFuMonkey wrote: I have one question: Who are all the Department leaders?

Half way down this page is a members list, it shows everyones rank before the new thread.

P.S. while Wylo is away I am covering his role.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 17:43:03

At 6/17/06 05:38 PM, -FallenAngel wrote: Ok, so I suck at making sigs, but here is a NGDD sig. with no name, so anyone can use this.

i like it, but we need some sort of logo, like a shield that says NG DD

Why are you lol?

Fuck sigs.

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 17:50:23

At 6/17/06 05:43 PM, KungFuMonkey wrote:
At 6/17/06 05:38 PM, -FallenAngel wrote: Ok, so I suck at making sigs, but here is a NGDD sig. with no name, so anyone can use this.
i like it, but we need some sort of logo, like a shield that says NG DD

We have one, look at the logo on the top of the forums .

Response to Newground's Department of defense. 2006-06-17 17:51:48

Well, I'd be happy to be in the flash category again.

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /777777

http://metaldart.webs.com/ My freewebs website. Check it out dog.

My old NG profile ID: 1321019

BBS Signature