00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wulfwynne just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

82,081 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-20 23:30:07

At 1/20/09 09:32 PM, flashbound18 wrote: as for being late, don't worry. we're about 1 to 2 parts ahead of you, and plan to each do 3 or 4, so if you do participate, only worry about completing 1-2 parts.

cool. ill start animating my first part, then?
:looks pretty neat! though, he should probably be on all fours right? his head is also a little big for his body.
details :D

I watched 'onion' to see if your skills check out. great flash!

thanks! as an aside, i thought onion was a really bad animation. xD onion II is going to be a lot better.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-21 14:38:54

At 1/20/09 10:38 PM, Munz wrote: sorry you guys i am going to have to pull out because flash just crashed and i lost my first part ( i have not even started the second) i am very sorry i wish you all the best of luck with this.

Munz

aww man... I'm sorry about that. even if you could do just 1 part, we'd appreciate it.

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-21 14:56:59

At 1/21/09 12:09 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
At 1/20/09 11:05 PM, thekushmaster wrote: are 4 parts required cause it dosent say anythin on the first page, jus wonderin
I don't believe it's essential submit what you can. But Flashbound and I will most likely do 3-4 and so will Bomblu I think.

ATM i'm aiming to complete the 2 i'm making...99% i'll make a 3rd anim tho i wont bet on a 4th unless it'll be v.short as i've got my A levels coming up :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-22 19:05:39

k, i think i have an idea for my part
tyranids... at the office...

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-25 07:44:26

At 1/22/09 07:05 PM, bird2234 wrote: k, i think i have an idea for my part
tyranids... at the office...

see office spider for inspiration

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-27 13:26:14

hmmm

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-27 17:42:10

At 1/27/09 04:57 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
At 1/27/09 01:26 PM, flashbound18 wrote: hmmm
I suppose that was a bumping hmm?

yeh

and that was a bumping 'yeh'

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-27 18:33:58

office spider. heh.

started working on my part. its going a bit slow because of a paper thats due soon

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-28 10:32:25

Well i didnt stay posting random stuff as atm everything's on hold...and i'll prob be on hold till next week as i've got a shitload of work to do D:

Ok lemmi ask a question : is there any stuff i can fix / make more clear in my animations? (mainly the blood raven one)

And - if any of you's got a WarSeer* account (or decide to make one) pls visit http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php ?t=179629 and vote for the advert i made (it's no.10 - the black and red one ;p)

10x

* WarSeer is a warhammer forum ;p

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-01 17:28:36

I R happy - for my 'Make Love not Warhammer' is complete

I spent most of today finishing off...tweaking some bits :)

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/010209/8 4203_bomlu_livetowin.php

I'd like some feedback ect but bear in mind that this is almost frame by frame animation so the easiest thing would be to add stuff/slighty tweak rather than chaning complete scenes :P

(ps. this is a complete reconstruction of some southpark scenes - i had to choose the ones most relevant to the 'gaming' aspect of Warhammer's Dawn Of War - if i get good feedback i can make another tiny 5sec one (which you'd get in about 2 animations after this one with cartman on the toilet seat, reading the wh40k rulebook - give me the thumbs up and i'll work :P)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-02 10:25:55

Good stuff. And you did that frame by frame, too, so wow.

I really need to start the more solid bits of my part. I'm not doing anything tomorrow, so I think I'll get most of it done then...

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-03 18:41:35

alright guys... its been almost 2 months.

lets pick it up!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-06 22:19:41

At 2/4/09 03:51 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
At 2/3/09 06:41 PM, flashbound18 wrote: alright guys... its been almost 2 months.

lets pick it up!
Holy shit Don, your right. Il get my skates on dude.

let's all put our skates on... I just resurrected this from page 5..

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-07 01:44:34

don't suppose i could go the sly and join now? i have an idea and i drew this ultramarine for it, i can have it finished in a matter of days.

i will love you all forever if i can join

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-07 09:16:32

At 2/7/09 01:44 AM, globdecitus wrote: don't suppose i could go the sly and join now? i have an idea and i drew this ultramarine for it, i can have it finished in a matter of days.

i will love you all forever if i can join

that's pretty sweet dude... yup yr cleared to start animating by my watch :)

you should probably wait for a clear by forbid though, we're in this together... I'm just saying I can almost guarantee he'll say go too.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-07 11:00:27

looks cool, but make the side of the building darker, and maybe make the lines dark brown, not black.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-07 15:05:06

I was playing warhammer and i have some figures too.
But it was past.
Now i don`t interest it.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-08 11:11:41

At 2/8/09 07:31 AM, ForbidMetal wrote: Ok, my second part is pretty much a trailer for a spoof of a movie. However im not sure whether I should go ahead with it, because unless you've seen said movie I doubt it'll be very funny

the film is American History X
and the trailer includes a deathwatch space marine giving a hate speech about orks and the infamous curb stomp scene from the film etc etc.
So should I keep going or do you think I should quickly change my piece?

What we can do is put a little not that says that some parts are spoofs from trailers ect so we can like them to youtube to see the bits before so that our parts can be appriciated :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-10 14:53:59

i'm nearly done my first part, it's turning out pretty long tho, how longs it supposed to be?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-11 22:44:19

honestly, ive been putting this project off, and im working now, but ive run into a problem: voice acting.
should i do speech bubbles with sound effects, or should i get voice acting? i dont have a mic, so im not sure what i can do about speech.

or i could switch to a different concept, one that didn't require voices...

thoughts?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-12 01:26:07

I wanna join this collab but I feel I might disappoint you :(

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-12 02:29:55

At 2/11/09 10:44 PM, bird2234 wrote: honestly, ive been putting this project off, and im working now, but ive run into a problem: voice acting.
should i do speech bubbles with sound effects, or should i get voice acting? i dont have a mic, so im not sure what i can do about speech.

or i could switch to a different concept, one that didn't require voices...

thoughts?

get someone frome the collab to voice it for you, speech bubbles with words are boring, no one likes to read. oh, and about mine, i'll just show u when it's done and if its too long i'll cry. Also and other dude, if you join and dissapoint us, i will personally kick your ass. Joking, of course, dude, the worst that can happen is, you do your part, show flashbound and forbid, and they don't like it, and put as a button on the menu or something, saying "these are the parts that didn't get in". or don't include it at all, thats the other worst thing that could happen, but yeah, it don't matter if you don't get in, at all.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-12 10:52:31

At 2/12/09 02:29 AM, globdecitus wrote: get someone frome the collab to voice it for you, speech bubbles with words are boring, no one likes to read.

thanks for the idea. i may ask for voice acting soon, but for now i'm working on a part that requires no speech.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-12 16:11:13

At 2/12/09 12:11 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: Hey dude, It'd be kl to have u Iv seen your work in the madness collab, submit a character model and im sure you can get in :) just submit a model.

and bird 2234 Il happily voice act for you, if You find my voice good enough, if not, that's fine
here's my msn if you have msn add me and we'll chat

the_tch_project@hotmail.com

I also have a deviant :3
But I quit madness in july last year, no one gets far from madness other than krinkels

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-13 01:24:05

I'm very interested. I'm sketching up some stuff for a segment. I've done 40k humor before too:

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-13 10:42:01

I started working on my 3rd part tho i'm still v.undecided

This was an idea i had tho i'm not too please with how it's tourning out - it's a parrody of the 'i wana fuck you in the ass' advert

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/130209/5 9998_fuitha.php

Tell me if i should continue or start my 'emperor getting rick rolld' (this will be (hopefully) ultra detailed and quite short :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-13 17:52:42

: The following is exactly what I thought when I first saw this post:

noi wai... the srm guy... { :0

I've seen your stuff before! you're voice acting and humor is great, and graphics aren't too shabby! you're cleared by me!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-13 18:09:22

the movies REALLY funny... but for me, and the collab, could you consider the following 2 changes?

1:
CONSIDER (atleast) cencoring the 'fuck' in the song. I think the funny would still get across

2:
please make the suggested changes to the two tau:
-forbid metals idea to put them in fire caste armor
-giving the tau the proper anatomy of their race:
(see below picture)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-13 18:27:16

i think the swear does add to it, and i think that a 'mature' rating won't affect our score either :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-13 19:12:28

At 2/13/09 06:27 PM, bird2234 wrote: i think the swear does add to it, and i think that a 'mature' rating won't affect our score either :P

I'm not requiring it, i'm asking him to make the temporary modification, and post it that way. I would rather have censors for this collab, but if it isn't funny with them, than I'll have to just live with it.