00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Wulfwynne just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

82,080 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-24 01:52:22

At 2/23/09 09:20 PM, bird2234 wrote: I'm sorry to say this, but I have to drop out of the collab.

Flipping us the bird? >:(

:(

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-24 11:50:52

At 2/23/09 09:20 PM, bird2234 wrote: I'm sorry to say this, but I have to drop out of the collab.
My old PC with Flash stopped working two days ago, and we had to reformat the hard disc. I'm using my brother's Mac now, but I don't have Flash anymore... *sob*
On the plus side: I'm a crappy animator, so this shouldn't affect you too much. :P

Best of luck. I hope to see this on the front page soon! :D

Too bad you're dropping out...Though this means us who are still animating - we've got to do that little extra effort :P

But yeah...let's hope we leave our mark on the front page >:D

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-24 18:38:12

At 2/24/09 12:14 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
you guys who had to drop out won't be forgotten. :)

so that leaves us with a few less animators :P

still...we got some real talent lurking around here, we'll still make it

Aye, let's make a KIA section of the menu!

and yes, Bomblu's plan is spot on.
now for my partaking in it:

part 1: tower of skulls
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/080109/8 0897_FB18w40kparts.php

part 2: nurgle rhino
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/170109/4 3944_nurgle_tank.php

part 3: Join the imperial army
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/160209/4 1012_DOH.php

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-27 20:01:42

damn it. where is the posting???

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-28 00:04:09

At 2/27/09 08:01 PM, flashbound18 wrote: damn it. where is the posting???

Here is the new posting

I haven't had time during the week but now it's the weekend i'll do some more. Nothing interesting :l

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-28 00:08:30

At 2/28/09 12:04 AM, Nuttro wrote:
At 2/27/09 08:01 PM, flashbound18 wrote: damn it. where is the posting???
Here is the new posting

I haven't had time during the week but now it's the weekend i'll do some more. Nothing interesting :l

and now some more posting alos.

I can't wait to see your first animated update; that drawing earlier looked very good!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-28 04:23:04

Flashbound and Forbid...

I have to leave the collab as i've got my A levels in 2 months and i dont have time to waste on stupid shit cartoons...those are for babies.

Kidding...

:P :P

But seriousy, i dont have a lot of time to animate atm (so this weekend i wont have any updates to my pieces)
Now it depends on when you'd like to submit the collab - if you're after a specific date i'll do my best to try finish off the bits i'm making.
If you're after quality and you dont mind the submission date - i'll finish my A levels on the 1st of June so by the 1st week of june i'd have all my stuff ready (as i need to finish the space-marine-bunny one, continue the f*ck you in the ass - and Forbid and I came up with a good song for the credits and my final piece so i'd have a total of 4 pieces)

Also, i dont know if anyone's working on a menu, if not i can do that as i can easily spare 10 mins here and there between my studies ect.

Awaiting thy reply,
Bomblu

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-28 09:12:25

june is a little late... these tests (I'm not sure what you mean by AS actually) will consume all fo your time for march, april, and may? we started this collab in december... I'm not really sure what to say

yes, I want the highest possible quality, but is that realy only possible by adding another 3 months?
if so, that's just the way it will have to be I suppose

btw, I've got the menu covered. I just can't make it til all parts are done and submitted. you'll see why than.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-02-28 10:44:59

I dont mean to delay the collab in any way but these exams are the ones i need to get to enter university. I've got a whole month of tests in may (From 1st may till the last) so may's out. Well coming to think of it i've got 2 months to study...

DW, i'll try complete the two that are incomplete as fast as possible :) As for my 4th part, we'll see later on :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-01 02:41:03

At 2/28/09 12:08 AM, flashbound18 wrote: and now some more posting alos.

I can't wait to see your first animated update; that drawing earlier looked very good!

Then THIS will blow your mind

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-01 04:19:51

No...i wont be the cause of it falling apart - far from it; on the contrary - i just asked for *maybe* some more time so that i can work on my parts a bit slowly so we'll get the front page :) I might have made a mistake in starting 3 and only finishing one but my 3 parts will be finished for sure :)

What i asked was if there was some specific deadline so that i'd have enough time to make my final piece which would also contain the final credits ect.

Once again, by no means am i trying to screw up this thing - after all it's the 1st time i'm close to completing some decent stuff for newgrounds :)

And Nuttro...i just wet myself :D

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-01 08:42:26

eh... june 1st is fine. I just didn't expect this collab to drag out for 5 months and 22 days.

that will give us plenty of time though.

just remember what forbid said, just because you have just been granted an additional 3 months, doesn't mean you start putting this off. I want to impose the following rule, to keep this collab moving, that everyone is bound to with the exception of bomblu (he is after all, the reason for the extension)

I would like to see some sort of progress on parts from everyone, at least once a week. if this is unreasonable, tell me (I really don't think it is, though. I created my last part in 5 hours)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-01 08:42:26

eh... june 1st is fine. I just didn't expect this collab to drag out for 5 months and 22 days.

that will give us plenty of time though.

just remember what forbid said, just because you have just been granted an additional 3 months, doesn't mean you start putting this off. I want to impose the following rule, to keep this collab moving, that everyone is bound to with the exception of bomblu (he is after all, the reason for the extension)

I would like to see some sort of progress on parts from everyone, at least once a week. if this is unreasonable, tell me (I really don't think it is, though. I created my last part in 5 hours)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-01 11:18:20

DW i'll show progress, just that it wont be anything great as i wont have very long streches of time (like 5hrs straight) :P

Thanks a lot for the extention guys :D

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-01 13:36:15

At 3/1/09 09:47 AM, ForbidMetal wrote: unreasonable, tell me (I really don't think it is, though. I created my last part in 5 hours)

erm you said the same thing both posts

what the fuck? it double posted for no reason!!!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-02 00:32:48

At 3/1/09 07:42 AM, ForbidMetal wrote: and Nuttro I'm so tempted to see if FlashBound will let us put that in there, it'd be so funny.
But it's shit so maybe not :P

That would ruin the collab

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-02 07:49:20

Sorry to hear about your cat mate... :/

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-02 11:26:13

At 3/2/09 12:32 AM, Nuttro wrote:
At 3/1/09 07:42 AM, ForbidMetal wrote: and Nuttro I'm so tempted to see if FlashBound will let us put that in there, it'd be so funny.
But it's shit so maybe not :P
That would ruin the collab

I'm sorry about your cat. the same thing happened to me, with my chinchilla, but he had cancer. he died while I was petting him aswell

but, unfortunately, I don't see the relevance to the collab, or how it would be 'so funny' to include news of your dead cat in it.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-03 01:16:54

At 3/2/09 11:30 AM, ForbidMetal wrote:

but, unfortunately, I don't see the relevance to the collab, or how it would be 'so funny' to include news of your dead cat in it.
Don gets one point for being splweijiacial
I wasn't talking about his cat, I was talking about the animation he posted on spam the web.
it's up there in the collab somewhere

The link was a mistake, I'm finding tabs quite confusing >:l I was originally intending the link to get sent in a pm to a guy named Casey.

Anyway I'm finishing of my art for now, fixed up the shading and redone some parts of it. I should be done in around a month unless something unfortunate happens.
Reason it will take a month is the little time I have.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-05 07:56:06

Here's my audition, character model space marine and eldar. Not sure if I will use the Eldar character so I put a '?' above it.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-05 08:01:15

don't know why it came with a red complexion with the last post, here's a clear one.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-05 11:55:44

At 3/5/09 08:01 AM, Elite-Guard wrote: don't know why it came with a red complexion with the last post, here's a clear one.

I'm going to be honest with my comment on the pic :

BLOODY COOL but i dont see the space marine resemble a space marine too much - if i were the leader of the collab i'd let you in cos you've got awsome art and even though they dont look too much like space marines at 1st glance, they're going to be in a WH40K collab so the vewers will obviously notice that they're marines :P

Great job man - wait for FlashBound or ForbidMetal to give you the go ahead ;p

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-06 00:26:50

At 3/5/09 12:24 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: Defiantly IN :D amazing work, but Bomblu is right, those guys look more like killzone troops and not space marines.

This was what I was about to say.
The body of the marines should be broader and it looks like the arms and legs have fabric on them. I think space marines should be fully armored (unless injured or took it off somehow).

The Eldar is alright though :3

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-06 02:40:18

At 3/6/09 12:26 AM, Nuttro wrote:
At 3/5/09 12:24 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: Defiantly IN :D amazing work, but Bomblu is right, those guys look more like killzone troops and not space marines.
This was what I was about to say.
The body of the marines should be broader and it looks like the arms and legs have fabric on them. I think space marines should be fully armored (unless injured or took it off somehow).

The Eldar is alright though :3

yeh, I wanted to give them some definition in their armor, than their usual rounded bubbly ones.
But if its that serious I can make some changes.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-06 19:25:39

wow.. that flash art is really amazing!

my ego hath been smash'ed

one thing though, the marines look more like imperial guard stormtroopers. maybe have them tower over the eldar, and than at the end of the part, after whatevre happens, a space marine walks up that is comparatively the size of a house! :D

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-06 21:30:15

At 3/6/09 07:25 PM, flashbound18 wrote: one thing though, the marines look more like imperial guard stormtroopers. maybe have them tower over the eldar, and than at the end of the part, after whatevre happens, a space marine walks up that is comparatively the size of a house! :D

lol that sounds great, I'll work something out with those characters! ^^

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-06 21:33:58

At 3/6/09 02:40 AM, Elite-Guard wrote: yeh, I wanted to give them some definition in their armor, than their usual rounded bubbly ones.

Keep your cartoony look though, I like your style. Lets just hope you animate as well as you draw.

Anyway, on my end I'm working faster than I have in a long time. I'm re-doing the background (I'm a bit picky) and planning to do some animation later on today. Also planning on finding sounds today from a couple of websites.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-07 00:13:34

here something i whipped up quick, i'll have an orc chase an eldar. then the next scene i'll have a marine point his boltor pistol at the 'BOOM' you can guess the rest :p

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-07 00:26:29

At 3/7/09 12:13 AM, Elite-Guard wrote: here something i whipped up quick, i'll have an orc chase an eldar. then the next scene i'll have a marine point his boltor pistol at the 'BOOM' you can guess the rest :p

Looks decent so far.
And yes we all can guess the rest, the marine points his gun to his nuts and blows them out as eldar falls down a bottomless pit leaving the Ork quite confused. I get it :3

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-03-07 02:59:27

At 3/6/09 09:33 PM, Nuttro wrote:
At 3/6/09 02:40 AM, Elite-Guard wrote: yeh, I wanted to give them some definition in their armor, than their usual rounded bubbly ones.
Keep your cartoony look though, I like your style. Lets just hope you animate as well as you draw.

Anyway, on my end I'm working faster than I have in a long time. I'm re-doing the background (I'm a bit picky) and planning to do some animation later on today. Also planning on finding sounds today from a couple of websites.

You can find some good royalty free soundeffects here:
http://www.partnersinrhyme.com/soundfx/n oise.shtml

This Weekend i'll try finish off some stuff btw...i've got some time :D