00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Spinnym just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

82,276 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-03 10:25:31

yeah that was funny... make the bunny smash more graphic tho.... it may be funnier if you really see him get smashed instead of the white flash. also, the explosion sound quality isn't very good.

Improve sound:
go publish settings> flash(tab)> and change the two settings for sound (there are 2 'set' buttons) to something like 48 or maybe even higher.

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-03 10:43:08

At 1/3/09 10:25 AM, flashbound18 wrote: yeah that was funny... make the bunny smash more graphic tho.... it may be funnier if you really see him get smashed instead of the white flash. also, the explosion sound quality isn't very good.

Improve sound:
go publish settings> flash(tab)> and change the two settings for sound (there are 2 'set' buttons) to something like 48 or maybe even higher.

Aye sir...the explosion is still a test sound...i want something more comical and exaerated :P The next bit of the scene would be the gay space maine (the one without a helmet and his proud stride) stopping the whole battle as he crys over the dead thing...to the extent that one of the orks comes to pat his back :p

I was thinking about my rick roll one...do you think it'd be good for a credit song? cos i can make it short and sweet and make the end credits aswell :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-03 11:35:53

rick roll would be a funny credits song... tho instead of just one closing animation playing during the credits, we could all make a short 3 second loop with our character models and BGs, of the character dancing, and splice all those into rick roll

another song I thought'd be funny is 'You're the best around' by karate kid OST

speaking of that song, during breaks of my painting frenzy mentioned before I filmed 3 movies with my friends which are on youtube:this one's a music video (sorta) to that song
please watch the other 2 to... they need views, ratings, and reviews.
btw, I'm not in any of the movies, but on camera and director. the people are my friend vance ('skittles') my little brother ('biscuit') and his best friend ('omelet')

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-03 11:38:10

sorry for the double post... but I didn't know you couldn't have links in Grey text:
a working link.... >:[

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-03 14:12:31

What i was thinking was getting the emperor, a messenger marine or whatever brings an urgen threat message from chaos...and it's a rick roll vid. Then the whole thing gets black, music's still going on and credits. What would be good would be a rly retarded loop of each character (as you said) and they'll be shown during the credits alongside the artists name :)

The karete kid isnt bad...tho i think rick roll might be a bit more classic

You choose...before i get the 'go ahead' i wont begin that animation ;p

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-04 10:40:44

we'll decide on the song later... you can do that animation tho. just make it a short, like 10-15 seond sequence which ends with a zoom in and fade over the message screen.

right now tho.. finish your parts! don't concern with the extra til all is done!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-04 17:29:27

I wasn't implying anyone is close to finishing... I was just trying to say that we should get the bulk of the collab done before we worry about the details, even if it takes 3 months.

as for a deadline... I really have no idea. I couldn't have a deadline in the beginning because after running 3 of these blasted things and succeeding in 1, I've realized that shit happens the whole way through including delays. you want a 'deadline'?

how about, by the15th, everyone has 1 part done. (that isn't the collab deadline, just a goal to finish your first part of the 2 or 3 you'll be doing)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-05 02:42:04

hello every one i am now home with my computer as all you awesome peeps have gathered i have been away and now i will try to post daily, now off to animate :D

I LOVE KUNGFU

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-07 18:23:43

well tits I can't wait either!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-07 19:23:57

At 1/7/09 06:23 PM, flashbound18 wrote: well tits I can't wait either!

nor i

my part is struggling to get the time of 20 seconds any ideas to make it longer

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-08 22:30:11

ok... since I've been relatively inactive on account of the Christmas competition, I blitzed and finished my first part.

quite short but still funny yeah?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-09 14:51:08

Sexi animation....though i'm not too much of a 40k guy (more into fantasy - - okok Forbid i'll make a 40k army one day :P) But to be honest...i didnt understand the joke :'(

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-09 16:42:08

Sorry for double post; update on my flash...i added a *bit* (:P) of more gore into it XD

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/090109/8 0613_bdnuywbkdbuywbw.php

I still have to make the last 5 sec bit and fix the blood on the sm's face

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-09 16:44:54

At 1/9/09 02:51 PM, BoMbLu wrote: Sexi animation....though i'm not too much of a 40k guy (more into fantasy - - okok Forbid i'll make a 40k army one day :P) But to be honest...i didnt understand the joke :'(

they say a guy drives a hummer to feel more man, coz he's got a little dick. you drive a huge car to feel better about yourself, and they call it compensating.

so the 40k chaos tower of skulls is like the baneblade (class of 40k) hummer

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-09 16:49:04

At 1/9/09 04:42 PM, BoMbLu wrote: Sorry for double post; update on my flash...i added a *bit* (:P) of more gore into it XD

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/090109/8 0613_bdnuywbkdbuywbw.php

I still have to make the last 5 sec bit and fix the blood on the sm's face

great/// tho one thing I always notice when I watch that animation is that the drop pod lands crooked but is than suddenly upright... make it crooked all the time, or have it straighten out from the crook before opening.

speaking of drop pods... I'm gonna go work on mine. I'll be back later

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-09 17:26:01

Thanks for pointing it out...fixed :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-10 00:30:21

oh hahaha i get it now that fuckin hularious
im gonna start working on mine

can picture the perfection

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-10 00:39:43

great nice post!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-10 13:39:26

At 1/10/09 01:02 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: Hi all, I felt kinda left out seeing as everyone was spamming the web

so I have to :D

so my idea is as follows:

A defiler is walking through a field or whatever then he turns to the camera and says 'SHHH IM RABBIT HUNTING!'
He then proceeds to blow up buggs bunny with his battle cannon :D!

so here's the start of the walk cycle.

P.S .....:| is it fucked up that I made those sounds with my mouth?

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/100109/6 4800_Defiler_rabbit_hunt.php

great art, you make very good use of gradients and no-line style

I think the sort of 'pelvis' of the defiler should rock slightly however; defilers are far from perfect contraptions. also, the leg that moves bag should not clank twice as it is really stationary, as the body moves forward.

your moutyh made sound effects are descent, but you might try to find some online too.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-10 14:50:54

It is one of my very first picture I make with Flash... But I wanted to add my touch to this Collab Since I like Warhammer 40K so much!

I don't wanted to make a Firewarrior (Tau Empire is my army), So I made this. If I make a Little Movie for it, I will only use this Space Marine, His Flag and this Chaos Drop Pod (Ill probably add a Bolter to the Marine...)

So how you like it for one of my first picture?

the warhammer 40k collab!

[URL="http://www.mubos-md.com/brawl cards/levelup.php?40492"][IMG]http:

//www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/cards /kskuazhu.png[/IMG]

Click here to level up my card![/URL]

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-10 14:54:57

Sorry for double Post... What is your flash version?

I can't help if You don't use CS3 Pro or CS4...

[URL="http://www.mubos-md.com/brawl cards/levelup.php?40492"][IMG]http:

//www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/cards /kskuazhu.png[/IMG]

Click here to level up my card![/URL]

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-10 21:14:56

At 1/10/09 08:29 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: How bout now FlashBound?

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/110109/4 639_DRH.php

I believe it will be to your liking :D

BADASS

but, with the spider, again, think about how it walks. the leg moving back never actually leaves the ground, it infact isn't moving, is it? The rest of the body moves forward, and than it picks up to make it's next step.

think about just walking yourself. you bring one leg forward and as you do so your body moves forward as well, where the foot that took the last step remains planted on the ground, until it picks up again, and makes it's next step.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-11 02:04:18

I'm live in America, am i the only one in this collab thats american?

can picture the perfection

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-11 05:28:30

At 1/11/09 02:04 AM, thekushmaster wrote: I'm live in America, am i the only one in this collab thats american?

I live in Malta (http://www.holiday-malta.com/map/maltes e_islands/europe/666463/europe_malta_map _location.gif) and i know for sure i'm the only Maltese guy around...probably one of the very few Maltese people that frequent Newgrounds :P

To the organisers; have you come up with a catchy and funny title for the collab? :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-11 15:53:19

At 1/11/09 08:47 AM, ForbidMetal wrote: erm in other words...no

Hmm ok...cos when i'm animating my parts i've always got 'The Grim Darkness of the Future' stuck in my head...dont know why; it might be a corny title for the thing :P

TGDF40K Collab

:D

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-11 18:36:17

At 1/11/09 02:04 AM, thekushmaster wrote: I'm live in America, am i the only one in this collab thats american?

lol i think im the only Australian in this collab oh and you guys will get an update this afternoon on my par ( just kasikan walk cycle)

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-11 19:08:22

L375 533 5()|\/|3 |\/|()R3 |_|P|)4735 6|_|YZ!

(let's see some more updates guyz in 1337)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-11 19:18:02

ha i just reilised i dont need any walkcycles for my animation lol go me

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-13 18:10:38

At 1/12/09 12:55 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
At 1/11/09 07:08 PM, flashbound18 wrote: L375 533 5()|\/|3 |\/|()R3 |_|P|)4735 6|_|YZ!

(let's see some more updates guyz in 1337)
I hate to break it to you FlashBound but 1337 is not 1337 if you catch my drift? :P

sorry... don't. but i still mean what I say.. no posts in so long really? well I haven't been aaround coz my computer at my dads went to shit; can't do much on this one this evening. anyway, please try to show some progress! when was my firt deadline? I really can't remember.

isn't 1337 LEET? 1=L, 3=E, and 7=T.. I suppose there are styles, like maybe L33T or 1EE7.. or 1|=|='|'... '~'

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-13 20:38:26

mm.... there were so many typos in that last bit...

sorry; really take your time. I'm not trying to rush anyone, urging updates was the quickest excuse at hand to bump the thread. please do talk more, check in when you can..