New Topic Respond to this Topic
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-13 17:47:15 Reply

At 4/12/09 05:05 PM, Fleshlight wrote: I'm not completely sure about this, but isn't spray paint kind of harmful to the environment? Probably not as bad as cars, but is that another argument people use other than vandalism?

As harmful as any other aerosol is. If you think of the amount of planes taking off every day, imagine how many spray cans would be needed to cover all of those fumes. Since graffiti is a minority thing, I doubt it makes up for even 1% of the damage towards the atmosphere. Still, good point, even though i'm sure most people are a lot more worried about the "vandalism"

At 4/12/09 09:30 PM, g0t wrote: Hey guys I just started graffiti about a week ago. I just did my first real throwie a few days ago and was wondering if you guys knew of any good places to go. The few times I've wanted to do some tags someone has come along that's fucked it all up.

I try to stay away from private property and shit. Any tips and ideas to share?

Nice peice, and you only started a week ago? I take it you've been drawing for a while? Your mate's one is good, he just needs to work on drip, especially on the wildstyle one. Mabye he's rushing it. Any idea how long he's been painting for? If you want to do tags, stake out your target area for a while, make sure there isn't much light for people to see you by, observe how much traffic, people/cars, go past where you're going to tag. If you really want to be cautious, bring a friend along to keep watch.
Good places to tag : Generator boxes, Fences, Walls on the street.

Try and stay away from cars, and the side of people's houses. From what I can guess ,they're going to be mighty pissed off with you if you plant a tag on their brand new BMW.

At 4/12/09 11:55 PM, g0t wrote: At 4/12/09 10:46 PM, UKZ wrote: ...a michigan sterling heights artist? besides me on here o.o this is strange and its deff not legal lmao.

Are you sure there isn't at least ONE legal wall? You guys should go peice together ;) Well, are you still on probation, UKZ?

It says on the site for the dequindre cut reconstruction that it's legal as long as you take your cans with you

when you're finished and not to go over any of the established good work.
What might the dequindre cut reconstruction be?

also, lol dude where u live.

OMG STALKER.

At 4/13/09 12:33 PM, UKZ wrote: rape me pedophiles :3

Getting the next plane to Michigan.

At 4/13/09 05:23 PM, kon-bleach wrote: i'll be seing you soon ukz :D

He's mine, you slut cake.

just fuckin with ya

Good >:(

other than that i changed my name from ell to dog or dogger got some sweet shit for it anway but ya;ll no soultip squeez markers? got my hands on one and a bottle of mr blue coulour ink(maybe its a nothern ireland thing if you dont have mr coulours)

Hah, Dogger. Mabye you should write doggy style? With a nice stencil. I would give you some serious props for that one ;) Soultips are pretty good, reliable. I've heard of mr colour, never used it. Is it any good? Using them to mark the street, or just paper?

Well that was a flurry of posts in like two days, lol.

Who likes this peice? I think it's a bit too abstract, but thats just me being close minded. Thoughts on it?

Graffiti Crew

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
g0t
g0t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-14 03:37:29 Reply

At 4/13/09 05:47 PM, doody1 wrote:
At 4/12/09 09:30 PM, g0t wrote: Hey guys I just started graffiti about a week ago. I just did my first real throwie a few days ago and was wondering if you guys knew of any good places to go. The few times I've wanted to do some tags someone has come along that's fucked it all up.

I try to stay away from private property and shit. Any tips and ideas to share?
Nice peice, and you only started a week ago? I take it you've been drawing for a while? Your mate's one is good, he just needs to work on drip, especially on the wildstyle one. Mabye he's rushing it. Any idea how long he's been painting for? If you want to do tags, stake out your target area for a while, make sure there isn't much light for people to see you by, observe how much traffic, people/cars, go past where you're going to tag. If you really want to be cautious, bring a friend along to keep watch.
Good places to tag : Generator boxes, Fences, Walls on the street.

That's my throwup, I haven't done a piece yet. The piece you posted is more of a piece than what I painted.

Yeah, we found the sickest place today. We'll take tons of pics tomorrow for you guys. Here's a pic of the one I did at the stadium. Chrome and Black. All Montana Hardcore.

At 4/12/09 11:55 PM, g0t wrote: At 4/12/09 10:46 PM, UKZ wrote: ...a michigan sterling heights artist? besides me on here o.o this is strange and its deff not legal lmao.
Are you sure there isn't at least ONE legal wall? You guys should go peice together ;) Well, are you still on probation, UKZ?

Yeah, there's no legal walls YET. The policy for the legalization of dequindre cut is coming soon though. We called today.

It says on the site for the dequindre cut reconstruction that it's legal as long as you take your cans with you
when you're finished and not to go over any of the established good work.
What might the dequindre cut reconstruction be?

Just a place where a ton of really really nice graffiti is.

Who likes this peice? I think it's a bit too abstract, but thats just me being close minded. Thoughts on it?

That piece is siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick. AMAZING use of colors and can control. I hope to someday be that good.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature
g0t
g0t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-14 03:41:17 Reply

Sorry, forgot picture. I did about 7 of these tags.

Graffiti Crew

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature
kon-bleach
kon-bleach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-14 11:25:15 Reply

At 4/13/09 05:23 PM, kon-bleach wrote: i'll be seing you soon ukz :D
He's mine, you slut cake.

just fuckin with ya
Good >:(

other than that i changed my name from ell to dog or dogger got some sweet shit for it anway but ya;ll no soultip squeez markers? got my hands on one and a bottle of mr blue coulour ink(maybe its a nothern ireland thing if you dont have mr coulours)
Hah, Dogger. Mabye you should write doggy style? With a nice stencil. I would give you some serious props for that one ;) Soultips are pretty good, reliable. I've heard of mr colour, never used it. Is it any good? Using them to mark the street, or just paper?

slut cake? im stealin that dudexD

but yeah mr colour shit rocks but its just a but too watery if that makes sence but i cant make or use stencils worth oh shit so imma work on those but soultips with any mr colour is good on just about anything but on bus shelters and shit it fades after a few days like really fast but paper it just as you would guess rips the paper up because of the waterness of the ink

doggy style? hmm i'll need to post some pics of my shit show the style you know:P

walls..only give us more places to ruin,tag,paint,and make beautiful...

i

BBS Signature
Sate
Sate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-14 14:57:25 Reply

At 4/11/09 08:53 AM, doody1 wrote:
At 4/10/09 08:44 PM, AlacritySoundz wrote: Picture below: Nike Dunk Haze Low tops.
Damn they're nice.
My inspirations are the typicals : Cope2, Banksy, Blek le rat and Ghost.

Speaking of ghost. Like most Legends, he's only getting props now.
His style vaugely reminds me of yours Alacrity.

Ghost? I heard of him and seen some of his work but I never really looked into it. That shit is hot.
I like KAWS, his characters and fine lines are crazy...even if he doesn't tag anymore. ABOVE the arrow dude is dope. BATES is fuckin nice with the wildstyle. I'll be posting some more shit up later. TO ALL THE REST OF YOU NEW TAGGERS! Good luck, Study your craft, and have fun.

BBS Signature
Spite
Spite
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-14 17:15:56 Reply

At 4/14/09 03:41 AM, g0t wrote: Sorry, forgot picture. I did about 7 of these tags.

Nice and simple.
Work on your B and S. Make em a little more interesting (make sure not to lose your flow)
Try adding a second stroke around your outline.

Cool to see your getting up, just keep at it.

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-14 17:25:42 Reply

At 4/12/09 09:30 PM, g0t wrote:

:That's my throwup, I haven't done a piece yet. The piece you posted is more of a piece than what I painted.

Yours is still pretty nifty.

Yeah, we found the sickest place today. We'll take tons of pics tomorrow for you guys. Here's a pic of the one I did at the stadium. Chrome and Black. All Montana Hardcore.

Nice, I don't use Hardcore, it's quite hard to get it imported to Britain. Rusto paint is coo' though

Yeah, there's no legal walls YET. The policy for the legalization of dequindre cut is coming soon though. We called today.

Cool. It will be nice to be able to bomb without having to look over your shoulder every second.

Just a place where a ton of really really nice graffiti is.

Nice. Try and get some pics?

At 4/13/09 05:23 PM, kon-bleach wrote:

The hell you are, slut cake.

but yeah mr colour shit rocks but its just a but too watery if that makes sence but i cant make or use stencils worth oh shit so imma work on those but soultips with any mr colour is good on just about anything but on bus shelters and shit it fades after a few days like really fast but paper it just as you would guess rips the paper up because of the waterness of the ink

Wow. That doesen't sound awfully reliable. I mean, if it fades after a short while, it's obviously not that good.

doggy style? hmm i'll need to post some pics of my shit show the style you know:P

The doggy style? Kinky.

At 4/14/09 02:57 PM, AlacritySoundz wrote: Ghost? I heard of him and seen some of his work but I never really looked into it. That shit is hot.
I like KAWS, his characters and fine lines are crazy...even if he doesn't tag anymore. ABOVE the arrow dude is dope. BATES is fuckin nice with the wildstyle. I'll be posting some more shit up later. TO ALL THE REST OF YOU NEW TAGGERS! Good luck, Study your craft, and have fun.

KAWS is mental. Never heard of ABOVE, but he sounds pretty good. I've seen a BATES peice somewhere, the wildstyle was really nice. Having fun is what it's all about ;) Apart from all the obvious fame, glory and sex.

Nice to see your active in the crew again Spite.

Artery ahoy.

Graffiti Crew

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
kon-bleach
kon-bleach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-15 11:32:13 Reply

At 4/13/09 05:23 PM, kon-bleach wrote:
The hell you are, slut cake.

fuck that i'll fight you for itxD

Wow. That doesen't sound awfully reliable. I mean, if it fades after a short while, it's obviously not that good.

The doggy style? Kinky.

it is reliable but only on certain things the material bus shelters are made of in belfast are like a really bitchy plastic-glass mix

but if it cost me £10.50 im using it anyway just hate the way if you squuze a soultip a little to hard your shits gettin all fucked up

but im still working on getting some pics guys and (gals)

wait what ever happened with DaSadGirl? she stop coming on?

i

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-15 13:39:52 Reply

Extract from a PM convo with DSG -

At 4/3/09 6:48 PM, doody1 wrote:

Have you forgotten the Graffiti Crew?
You were a good poster back in the day.
No I haven't. I look at the thread sometimes. 99% of the stuff on it is garbage. lol

Yeah. She stopped posting. Another writer stepping out of the scene is SpeedMetalSandwhich. One of DSG's reasons reasons for quitting was that some of us won't be writing in a few years time.

"It's a lifestyle, not a hobby"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
kon-bleach
kon-bleach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-15 15:07:59 Reply

At 4/15/09 01:39 PM, doody1 wrote: Extract from a PM convo with DSG -

At 4/3/09 6:48 PM, doody1 wrote:
Have you forgotten the Graffiti Crew?
You were a good poster back in the day.
No I haven't. I look at the thread sometimes. 99% of the stuff on it is garbage. lol

Yeah. She stopped posting. Another writer stepping out of the scene is SpeedMetalSandwhich. One of DSG's reasons reasons for quitting was that some of us won't be writing in a few years time.

"It's a lifestyle, not a hobby"

ahh right i see but i thought sppedmetalsandwhich was already here before her or maybe im wrong

but she's probably right most of us wont be writing in a few years time

i

BBS Signature
UKZ
UKZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-15 16:55:11 Reply

In all seriousness; posting on here is pointless when you bomb a lot. Real gangsta ass ni66as don't flex nuts cuz real gangsta ass ni66as know dey got em.(lol bbs rooolz)

nuff sed.

Probation still? yes. I've been clean for 2 months and 2 weeks; it's okay I suppose. Imma try drawing under sober conditions soon, then I'll post some flicks. Anyone want me to try to put a spin on their identity?

Crews:
Graffiti Crew
Stoner's Club

BBS Signature
Sate
Sate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-15 22:44:23 Reply

At 4/15/09 04:55 PM, UKZ wrote: Anyone want me to try to put a spin on their identity?

What do you mean by that? Like do our tag names in your style? If so, hell I'll do yours if you do mine.
Also: Found a Tunnel, did a piece and some tags, Pics coming soon. Toy power, eh...

BBS Signature
UKZ
UKZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-16 12:15:51 Reply

At 4/15/09 10:44 PM, AlacritySoundz wrote:
At 4/15/09 04:55 PM, UKZ wrote: Anyone want me to try to put a spin on their identity?
What do you mean by that? Like do our tag names in your style? If so, hell I'll do yours if you do mine.
Also: Found a Tunnel, did a piece and some tags, Pics coming soon. Toy power, eh...

yupp. whatchu throwing up girrrrrrrrrrl?

Crews:
Graffiti Crew
Stoner's Club

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-16 13:53:58 Reply

At 4/15/09 10:44 PM, AlacritySoundz wrote:

Hey, DSG may be right about some of us, but I'vegot it into my blood now. No turning back. SpeedMetalSandwhich was here before her, and took on the role as thread leader, but left the tagging scene due to injury. Mabye he feels that posting here without contribution will be pointless.

Nice to hear you're going clean UKZ. Ever planning to get back on the MJ?

Hooray for tunnels. Hell, you're not a toy. You're one of the best abstract artists I've spoken to.

Anarchy. Do you guys paint to rise up against corporations? To show you can't be silenced? Or just to speak your voice?

Graffiti Crew

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Sate
Sate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-16 22:37:12 Reply

At 4/16/09 01:53 PM, doody1 wrote:
yupp. whatchu throwing up girrrrrrrrrrl?

Crafty, but imma change my name REAL SOON. SHIT IS GETTING HOT. Dunno if I'll get pics now. SHIT IS TOUGH. You write LupeOne right? I'll try my kick at that soon.

Hooray for tunnels. Hell, you're not a toy. You're one of the best abstract artists I've spoken to.

But most people see graffiti through Wildstyle, throw ups, and just tags. People won't really understand ABSTRACT graffiti, since Graffiti started off with Styling words, if someone was to look at abstract they would wonder "what does it say?" when it's just a crazy piece out bound from words. Plus the piece I did was pretty toy. I want to find legal walls to practice my craft.

Anarchy. Do you guys paint to rise up against corporations? To show you can't be silenced? Or just to speak your voice?

I think people who use the symbol use it just because they think it's cool. I haven't seen or heard of a real anarchist. The people I see throw it up like a peace sign (which is overally used obviously) but next time I see someone draw it or whatever Imma ask and hear them point their views, or simply hear them say "I THOUGHT IT WAS COOL."

BBS Signature
UKZ
UKZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-17 11:23:51 Reply

Anarchy signs. without a doubt most people take it for granted; if they wanted to create anarchy they gotta produce it themselves. painting it is rediculus, blowing up a can of spray paint on a bridge, less rediculus, why; it's not about the money, it's about sending an image, everything burns.

Crews:
Graffiti Crew
Stoner's Club

BBS Signature
g0t
g0t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-18 01:10:15 Reply

Me (seico, yeah i changed it from BOS to seico, the letters are alot easier to do and look better) and my friend (Krayzie) went to the park again today, in broad daylight while some arabic kids were playing soccer. We tagged the whole fucking place up real bad, in broad daylight. They watched us as we tagged and even asked to do a brazil throwie for them because it was their favorite team.

We ran out of color after that so I had to do my throwie in black and white. My throwie will come after the brazil pic.

Graffiti Crew

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature
g0t
g0t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-18 01:20:47 Reply

seico tag. (pronounced psycho)

Graffiti Crew

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature
UKZ
UKZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-18 13:53:12 Reply

lol brazil.
but here you go crafty

Graffiti Crew

Crews:
Graffiti Crew
Stoner's Club

BBS Signature
kon-bleach
kon-bleach
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-18 18:50:52 Reply

At 4/18/09 01:10 AM, g0t wrote: Me (seico, yeah i changed it from BOS to seico, the letters are alot easier to do and look better) and my friend (Krayzie) went to the park again today, in broad daylight while some arabic kids were playing soccer. We tagged the whole fucking place up real bad, in broad daylight. They watched us as we tagged and even asked to do a brazil throwie for them because it was their favorite team.

We ran out of color after that so I had to do my throwie in black and white. My throwie will come after the brazil pic.

dude that is sick as(n.ireland speak) i love your style how long did it take to do?

other than that i got my first throwie(shit did i already say?) anyway i have no idea how to get a picture since my phone licks donkey dick anyway if i can i'll draw one on my black book and have a freind take a picture

im still stealing slut cake

you slut cake

>.>

<.<

kool-aid

i

BBS Signature
SeanGrounds
SeanGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-18 19:40:00 Reply

At 8/11/07 04:49 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote: My little brother calls spray paint 'paint spray' lol.
What kind of paint gives tags the nice thick glossy look?

Montana Blacks give a nice glossy finish I find :)

g0t
g0t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-18 20:31:00 Reply

At 4/18/09 01:53 PM, UKZ wrote: lol brazil.
but here you go crafty

If you wanna go see my tags go to keyworth stadium in hamtramck, mi

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature
g0t
g0t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-18 20:33:46 Reply

At 4/18/09 07:40 PM, SeanGrounds wrote:
At 8/11/07 04:49 PM, Everlasting-Elements wrote: My little brother calls spray paint 'paint spray' lol.

Depends on which Montana.

I find Montana Hardcore to be the best. I don't like Montana 94, since the adjustable nozzle starts to hurt your fingers when you need high pressure.

I use Montana Aliens and Montana Hardcore. 94 white, because the low pressure helps to fill in quickly.

New York fats and Blue dot caps are my favorite.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature
UKZ
UKZ
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-18 21:02:33 Reply

At 4/18/09 08:31 PM, g0t wrote:
but here you go crafty
If you wanna go see my tags go to keyworth stadium in hamtramck, mi

hamtowwwwwwn das whats up.
new shirt-ish.
it's shit.

poop on me.

Crews:
Graffiti Crew
Stoner's Club

BBS Signature
Sate
Sate
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Artist
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-18 21:51:43 Reply

At 4/18/09 09:02 PM, UKZ wrote:
At 4/18/09 08:31 PM, g0t wrote:
but here you go crafty

LOL PAINT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!! HAHAHA. I was gonna draw it out, but if you're gonna do that, then hell...HAHAHA....Blaow!

Graffiti Crew

BBS Signature
SeanGrounds
SeanGrounds
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-18 21:53:00 Reply

At 4/18/09 08:33 PM, g0t wrote:

I find Montana Hardcore to be the best. I don't like Montana 94, since the adjustable nozzle starts to hurt your fingers when you need high pressure.

I use Montana Aliens and Montana Hardcore. 94 white, because the low pressure helps to fill in quickly.

Golds + German Outlines.
Golds are by far my favorite, amazing colours, great for outlines because of high pressure :)
:)

And NY fats are reallly good fun for flares :D

g0t
g0t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-18 22:02:46 Reply

At 4/18/09 09:53 PM, SeanGrounds wrote:
At 4/18/09 08:33 PM, g0t wrote:

Golds + German Outlines.
Golds are by far my favorite, amazing colours, great for outlines because of high pressure :)
)

I like the german Montana's but they're extremely expensive for what you get.

You can get a good 5.75 can of spanish Montana on oinkpaint. Really cheap and really good.

I used golds once, I'm sticking with Hardcore.

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature
g0t
g0t
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-19 01:52:36 Reply

Did some throwies on vandalsquad, I dunno if this has been done before.

Graffiti Crew

Gooch for MOD 09'

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-19 07:28:13 Reply

At 4/18/09 06:50 PM, kon-bleach wrote: dude that is sick as(n.ireland speak) i love your style how long did it take to do?

other than that i got my first throwie(shit did i already say?) anyway i have no idea how to get a picture since my phone licks donkey dick anyway if i can i'll draw one on my black book and have a freind take a picture

KON BLEACH IS A HOMOSEXUAL PADDY.

<3 you really bro.
At 4/18/09 01:10 AM, g0t wrote: Me (seico, yeah i changed it from BOS to seico, the letters are alot easier to do and look better) and my friend (Krayzie) went to the park again today, in broad daylight while some arabic kids were playing soccer. We tagged the whole fucking place up real bad, in broad daylight. They watched us as we tagged and even asked to do a brazil throwie for them because it was their favorite team.

Seico is a great name. Pretty creative man. BOS still looks good though, just needed a little more to it. Haha, Brazil. Was it you or Krayzie who did that? Whoever did has mad skills.

but here you go crafty

Wow. Elephat.

OLOLOL PUN

Heh. Is he going to go paint-spraying?
Seico is right. Depends on which montanna. Hardcore and Alien are my favourites, Alien gives it a really 3Dish look.

At 4/18/09 09:02 PM, UKZ wrote: hamtowwwwwwn das whats up.
new shirt-ish.
it's shit.

poop on me.

Yo, thought that was a typo. :p
Also, don't you mean..it's shirt?
Oh, i'm on a roll.
In all seriousness, how did you make it?

At 4/18/09 09:51 PM, AlacritySoundz wrote: LOL PAINT? ARE YOU SERIOUS?!! HAHAHA. I was gonna draw it out, but if you're gonna do that, then hell...HAHAHA....Blaow!

Hey Crafty, can't spell Spraypaint without (MS) Paint. ;)

At 4/18/09 09:53 PM, SeanGrounds wrote: Golds + German Outlines.
)

Hey Sean. Never seen you here before. Joining?

I like Golds for outlines, but NY's are by far the best for fills.

At 4/19/09 01:52 AM, g0t wrote: Did some throwies on vandalsquad, I dunno if this has been done before.

Saw one of them a while ago. It's good fun.

This is an amazing project. Some dude has been doing it in Kenya for a while.

JR continues on his 28 Millimeter: WOMEN Project. The next stage promises to be the most ambitious of all.

Finally, more than a year after he took the original pictures, JR has returned to Kibera, Kenya. He was reunited with the women who had accepted to be part of the project at the end of 2007. Whilst some of them had had to leave the slum during the post election riots of 2008, others were still there and are now helping implement. The art performance will be ready for Friday 30 January 2009 and is taking place in the heart of Kibera, one of the largest slum of Africa.

2000 square meters of rooftops will be covered with photos of the eyes and faces of the women of Kibera. Most of the women will have their own photos on their own rooftop and for the first time the material used is water resistant so that the photo itself will protect the fragile houses in the heavy rain season. It will be interesting to see what other uses the photographs will be put to come the 31st January. Before that though, they will be on view from Google Earth and the railway line that passes above them.

Meanwhile the train that passes on this line through Kibera at least twice a day will be covered with eyes from the women that live below it. It will also be pasted with eyes of the women of Brazil, India, Cambodia, and other parts of Africa whose stories and image continue to travel. With the eyes on the train, the bottom half of the their faces will be pasted on corrugated sheets on the slope that leads down from the tracks to the rooftops. The idea being that for the split second the train passes, their eyes will match their smiles and their faces will be complete.

For more photos and informations on the project please see : http://28millimetres.com/women/?ke

Graffiti Crew

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature
Dromedary
Dromedary
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Melancholy
Response to Graffiti Crew 2009-04-19 08:05:38 Reply

At 4/19/09 01:52 AM, g0t wrote: Did some throwies on vandalsquad, I dunno if this has been done before.

Touche.
Forgot how to crop though. >.<

Graffiti Crew

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature