00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BloodLordAngelo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

82,083 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-14 09:14:39

At 1/13/09 08:38 PM, flashbound18 wrote: mm.... there were so many typos in that last bit...

sorry; really take your time. I'm not trying to rush anyone, urging updates was the quickest excuse at hand to bump the thread. please do talk more, check in when you can..

At the moment my animation's a good 69% complete - i just need to finish off the last 5secs of animation tho for now i'm adding some tiny details and filling up some gaps.

Btw u had another short idea - i dont know if you've ever seen a South Park episode called 'Make Love not Warcraft' - could i make a mini-mini spoof of that with kyle, cartman and co. playing dawn of war with the same music? (Paul Stanley's Live to Win) :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-14 14:18:47

um i dont think i'll be done by tommarow but i will be submitting something to show kinda what im doing.

can picture the perfection

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-14 17:47:02

At 1/14/09 02:18 PM, thekushmaster wrote: um i dont think i'll be done by tommarow but i will be submitting something to show kinda what im doing.

good, that's good enough... aslong as there is progress

forbid... I DID have an english translation... and I DONT think leet is cool! I'm so Confused D:

neutral face emoticon coz it evens out yeah?

world of warcraft to DOW; good idea as long as you can immitate south park damn perfect, and actually plan to really screen capture some DOW. it might be lame otherwise.

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-15 00:42:32

Here is just a taste, a frontal motercycle-cycle of a space marine;
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/140109/7 7965_40Kcollaberation.php

The plot is that this space marine gets rolled up on by the "cool" other space marine with a way awesomer motercycle. There gonna have the engine rev competition kinda thing at the stop light and then their gonna race and its gonna end in trajedy. Tell me what u think, I'm taking a cartoony approach of the space marine.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-15 05:53:12

ok just so you guys see that i am doing something i have done my explosion for my animation, i am about 20 percent into my part at the moment

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-15 12:53:09

At 1/14/09 05:47 PM, flashbound18 wrote: world of warcraft to DOW; good idea as long as you can immitate south park damn perfect, and actually plan to really screen capture some DOW. it might be lame otherwise.

Good...i'll work on that next :P I'll try imitate south park as good as possible but i dont want to make it a simple south park playing dow...i might make the children in 'home made wh40k costumes' and so on...maybe even draw them in my normal style

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-15 15:02:13

alright the bike is fixed looks a lot better and nice explosion! looking forward to seeing more

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-15 17:00:53

Here's mine till now.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/150109/8 2737_PREVIEW_WH40K_COL.php

Comments, feedback of any sort are accepted - so we can make this collab own :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-15 18:40:30

At 1/15/09 05:00 PM, BoMbLu wrote: Here's mine till now.

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/150109/8 2737_PREVIEW_WH40K_COL.php

Comments, feedback of any sort are accepted - so we can make this collab own :P

that is really good i love the slowmotion heart beat
you get a BIG THUMBS UP

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-15 20:26:24

wow thats really great i love this fish out of the bazooka
the only thing i would have to say is the door opening on the pod thing is still kinda wierd.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-16 16:08:04

Thanks for the feed back :D

Rather than continuing my animation, i started my southpark themed one today and tbh it's pretty fun. Drawing's quite easy but animating them in south park style is quite difficult as simple tweening will make it look cheap and fake...so frame by frame for this one :P

The animation wont be any longer than the main rif for live to win - i'm following the basic animation from the actual cartoon for now tho i'll add some more origial stuff later on - i didnt want to start inventing my own stuff till now to keep to the South Park concept.

If it's too south parkish and lacks a lot of warhammer 40k (which i think it does) please tell me and if you've got some witty ideas pls tell me :P

PS. It's about 2 meg cos of the footage from dawn of war - i hope it wont be a problem :/
http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/160109/7 9595_livetowinpreview.php

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-16 19:07:35

looks pretty sweet so far, actually. and you can't go too southparkish... make it as south parkish as possible if you can.

here, instead of recreating the audio, try recording it from the clip its' self

it will look best if you virtually recreate the scene.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-17 03:26:04

At 1/16/09 07:07 PM, flashbound18 wrote: looks pretty sweet so far, actually. and you can't go too southparkish... make it as south parkish as possible if you can.

here, instead of recreating the audio, try recording it from the clip its' self

it will look best if you virtually recreate the scene.

Good :P In fact i used the same vid to copy the animation for cartman :P I'll probably be changing the last bits i made (from the house in the snow onwards) and make thje piece where time's passing bye and they're getting uglyer - it'll be more funny than them playing against tom fulp (the one with the angry face on the monitor) :P

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-17 12:14:31

second part done

wooo.... I have to go take a break. happy flashing! enjoy the part!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-17 15:30:57

At 1/17/09 12:47 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
At 1/17/09 12:14 PM, flashbound18 wrote: second part done

wooo.... I have to go take a break. happy flashing! enjoy the part!
That was very nice however I really don't understand why the rhino upgraded to a pred? :S

Am I missing something?
like some sorta fluff I don't know..

just a stupid joke.... 3 things:

GW uses the same basic tank model for all marine tanks

the nurgle rhino has a mouth

what if, the nurgle rhino were to eat a lasor? would it turn into the predator, the epidemy of lascannon?

it's mutated already by nurgle

I dunno... I was playin my new fist army against my brother in laws chaos and a razor back and 3 las marines shot his plaque rhino and nothing happened; we made up the joke than.

maybe we only think it's funny.....

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-17 19:20:43

At 1/17/09 04:17 PM, ForbidMetal wrote:
O i got an idea to help explain it a bit better. Why don't u make a lil bit at the beginning showing u guys playing with the models than ur 3 marines shoot with lascannon and nothin happens cos of dice rolls or whatever than it goes into why it happened. (cos the rhino ate the lascannon bullet), infact change the 3 marines to 1
so u roll 'wtf how could that not be destroyed!' than it goes into it

good? yes?

yeah! great idea!

in other flashbound news

i just found out flash cs4 only downgrades to cs3; I'm a little disappointed coz I just got it but can't use it til this collab is over!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-17 19:50:33

wat is flash cs4?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-18 04:25:53

At 1/17/09 09:53 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: HAHAHA I DID IT!!! I FUCKING DID IT!!!! IV FINISHED MY PIECE!!! :O THANK FUCK FOR THAT WOOOO YAY!

give me feedback. Cheers

Weighing in at 21.0 seconds
I present to you 'Defiler, Rabbit Hunt!'
enjoy!

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/180109/1 0246_Defiler_rabbit_hunt.php

HAHA! The part where his ear flops down...legit :P Here's till where i've arrived on my southpark parody :

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/180109/3 7410_bomblu_L2W_PREV.php

Feedback?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-18 05:42:47

Feedback?

its great but the file size is pretty big looks great though (haha I loved that episode) good work, i might do a bit more on mine now

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-18 06:00:17

At 1/18/09 05:42 AM, Munz wrote:

Feedback?
its great but the file size is pretty big looks great though (haha I loved that episode) good work, i might do a bit more on mine now

Yes it's quite a problem the filesize factor...tho we're allowed to submit up to 10meg if i'm not mistaken so i hope we wont go over the limit...Flashbound pls tell me if it's good or not pls - if it's too big for the collab i'll stop doing it

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-18 07:35:27

just decrease the quality of the video of the game

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-18 09:08:23

At 1/18/09 06:00 AM, BoMbLu wrote:
At 1/18/09 05:42 AM, Munz wrote:

Feedback?
Yes it's quite a problem the filesize factor...tho we're allowed to submit up to 10meg if i'm not mistaken so i hope we wont go over the limit...Flashbound pls tell me if it's good or not pls - if it's too big for the collab i'll stop doing it

I'm very impressed... that animation was pretty incredible actually. the only thing that popped out to me was the lines for pages on the side of the rulebook.

just AWESOME so far

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-18 09:11:56

At 1/17/09 09:53 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: HAHAHA I DID IT!!! I FUCKING DID IT!!!! IV FINISHED MY PIECE!!! :O THANK FUCK FOR THAT WOOOO YAY!

give me feedback. Cheers

Weighing in at 21.0 seconds
I present to you 'Defiler, Rabbit Hunt!'
enjoy!

http://spamtheweb.com/ul/upload/180109/1 0246_Defiler_rabbit_hunt.php

It's Great! really funny!

the voice acting for the defiler was my favorite. the only thing I didn't like was the quality of bugs bunny's voice. I can take out that background noise if you give me those sound clips. It might also be even funnier if he's (bugs) reduced to a blood splatter; there's nothing left of him

that was a pretty big explosion after all

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-19 03:00:19

wow man that was really awesome i think it was pretty solid, i think its perfect

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-20 10:20:41

whoa cool - i was looking around for something like this

obvious audition is obvious

the warhammer 40k collab!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-20 14:20:56

we're pretty well in to the collab but its not up to me

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-20 19:11:08

aw crap
i just looked through the thread to see how far you guys are... and you are indeed farther than i expected for a seven page thread.
im pro'ly a bit late on this one, and im not the fastest of animators.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-20 21:32:04

At 1/20/09 10:20 AM, bird2234 wrote: whoa cool - i was looking around for something like this

obvious audition is obvious

looks pretty neat! though, he should probably be on all fours right? his head is also a little big for his body.

I watched 'onion' to see if your skills check out. great flash!

as for being late, don't worry. we're about 1 to 2 parts ahead of you, and plan to each do 3 or 4, so if you do participate, only worry about completing 1-2 parts.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-20 22:38:42

sorry you guys i am going to have to pull out because flash just crashed and i lost my first part ( i have not even started the second) i am very sorry i wish you all the best of luck with this.

Munz

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2009-01-20 23:05:40

are 4 parts required cause it dosent say anythin on the first page, jus wonderin