00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Callipsio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the warhammer 40k collab!

82,150 Views | 1,272 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-15 13:47:18

At 12/15/08 12:45 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: trust me there is plenty you can do, for instance. A small squad of space marines trying to keep a tyranid as a pet and hiding it from it's superiors

Right. Because sexless, vat grown, genetically engineered, brainwashed, hyperconditioned, zealous insane Superhuman killing machines feel a need for pets of a Hive Mind constantly morphing species of planet killing monstrosities.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-15 14:33:45

At 12/15/08 02:06 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: you can't be serious, mate if you ain't interested then in my eyes, fuck off. If it's funny then we don't mind it in. Your like one of the guys from games-workshop, 'you cant do that because it would never work'.

Now thats one of the best line's i've heard in a while...and it sparked up an i dea i had about having a joke concerning the actual wargame rather than the races and so on... ;p
Well thank God stupidity is allowed cos i love that form of humour :P

As for ppl, i can post a link to this thread to a WH forum i normally use maybe i can inspire some flash artists; is that ok?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-15 14:43:14

theres tons of funny stuff that can happen especially with the creative characters in 40K, the gags are endless. To see them, you just gotta take that stick out of your ass.

can picture the perfection

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-15 16:23:53

It's great to see we're on track, just please remember don't start animating until auditions are over.

"Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave"-Constantin Brancusi

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-15 16:28:47

I really agree forbid. I wanted tos how my 40k flash I currently have up to that lot... but thought aqainst it because I'd only be subjecting it to a bunch of analitical, humorless nerds. plus, it's probably a little 'cutesy' for them.

anyway, i'll 'redeem' myself, if there i indeed anything to redeem for in this collab, with a really badass part!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-15 16:54:13

I posted a link on the forums yet they closed the thread as i might have broken some unknown rules...well i tried :P What one might do would be to look for the WHF and WH40K flashes on NG and pm some of the artists..they might have not seen this forum :)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-15 17:05:18

when are auditions over?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-15 17:21:50

At 12/15/08 05:05 PM, thekushmaster wrote: when are auditions over?

we'll end auditions after around well, we had hoped, 10 try outs. but since things are moving slow, we may just end the so called 'auditions' at 15 models, and those artists are in.

I had HOPED for the former, so that this collab would be truly the creamz uvz the cropz

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-15 17:26:48

fo sho, how many people have send models in so far?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-15 17:41:13

one can only hope..

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-15 19:41:06

As a reminder, don't tell the moderators to "get the fuck out" of the threads we let you run.
I'm just giving you advice based on previous experience and years of experience.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-16 06:10:07

At 12/15/08 07:41 PM, KaynSlamdyke wrote: As a reminder, don't tell the moderators to "get the fuck out" of the threads we let you run.
I'm just giving you advice based on previous experience and years of experience.

well, nice picture anyway. I assure you we won't try to order you around anymore. maybe forbid didn't realize you were a mod? you have to understand that if it were a normal NGer, that said the exact things you did, and forbid reacted the same way, I doubt a mod would care.

I want you to know that I respect all mods, but using your rank to demand respect, with consequence, Is sort of something else. anyway I promise we will respect you from here no out.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-16 17:51:32

seems about right forbid. If only we could have more parts than that tho!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-16 17:57:33

At 12/15/08 05:21 PM, flashbound18 wrote:
At 12/15/08 05:05 PM, thekushmaster wrote: when are auditions over?
we'll end auditions after around well, we had hoped, 10 try outs. but since things are moving slow, we may just end the so called 'auditions' at 15 models, and those artists are in.

I had HOPED for the former, so that this collab would be truly the creamz uvz the cropz

hmm.. I just realized there is a typo in this post... I meant to say:

...we had hoped, 20 tryouts.'

indeed, I may be pushing it; well I am. but what is an audition period if you accept everything you get? anyway, if all of you make excellent work, than we'll only need a few more people, and scrap auditions. I'll save that recruiting topic for my next non-40k collab, one with a larger audience.

anyway, I thought about it and tho I know it will be hard, this collab needs atleast 15 parts.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-16 18:08:31

No. As I have already stated, I don't believe in this collabs goals, and won't be joining. And other than giving a very litteral example of what themes dominate the Warhammer 40,000 universe I have done nothing to provoke the outcry you seemed to have had against me. So no. Not on board, at all.

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-16 19:31:54

ok fine... Forbid is right! you all have either proven you can draw and animate here, or I know you already and just how awesome you all are.. so get to it!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-16 21:36:11

if we dont get enough people everyone will just make longer sections, it will all work out this collabs gonna be tight.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-17 01:17:52

I was romping around the forums and came across your thread. I've actually been drawing an Astartes type guy for fun maybe to make a flash. He isn't finished, but I was going to see what you guys thought of it.

Anyway, I think this collab is a good idea. Are you going to have both grim and comedic parts? Or just have one overall tone? Personally what attracts me to 40k is the darkness of if it all.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-17 08:14:56

So...if i understood correctly we're all in and can start animating :P

I've come up with two ideas for now - one mainly involving the relatively homosexual space marine i drew (the event happens as his squad land from a drop-pod and charge towards the enemy [prob orks] and something happens [wont tell as not to spoil the joke] which reveals his soft side)

I also tought of a relatively silly animation which could be used for the prologue - it's based on the opening sequence of the movie 300 - stating how each soldier was born, inspected [joke somewhere there] and a brief overview of what Warhammer40K is actually about - obviously in brief and as stupidly as possible.

If you want i can animate the 2nd one and use it as a prologe (after menu - before the title of the animation - if you get what i mean)

And if anyone's got ideas and so on i'm all ears (/eyes)

Hopefully this'll go onto the Front Page ;p

In the grim darkness of the future, there is only shit...

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-17 12:08:21

Glad you like the ideas, I'll start working on them now :P

Question:

Do the animations have to be in one movieclip or a normal timelined animation?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-17 13:01:58

wait, so should we start animating and when is it due?

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-17 20:26:00

At 12/17/08 06:04 PM, ForbidMetal wrote: oh and yes, begin

but if you haven't shown us your model yet, don't begin, right? let us critique your model atleast, before you spend a few hours on an animation with it.

and than you can begin.... >:)

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-17 20:29:33

oh... I apologize for the double post, but I have to add that I won't be actively animating for this collab until after December, I have to put my efforts into the winter competition.

a flash that some seriously dirty shit, yet somehow will have no nudity

that $1000 I'd put towards buying a computer for video editing, which is critical to my future, I hope.

merry Christmas or general December holiday/celebration

please note I will still be checking in to the collab all the time, as I had thus far. I'm just not beginning work til later.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-19 17:36:30

vintagebro was readmitted into his own collab which he quit a while back; he might be committed to that right now.

munz is in the stickshowdown 4 collab, which I am in. but both my parts are done; so that may be where he is.

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-20 00:03:02

OK everyone Munz (me) is IN this collab

thought you should know

I havent had internet access for days and i am now (as i speak) making my model
I have been on vacation (holidays) then for Christmas i loose my comp till january 5th D:
but never fear i will use the family one :D

so i am trying out for this collab :3

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-20 01:03:54

i am gonna do ig i think i will fin later but atm wat u think

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-20 17:02:01

can anyone like just join, and post a picture here?

- AzzazzinMaster the lord of assassins and sneak attackers... QUICK behind you!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-20 17:06:23

if i can just join, i can make something up:o (im not a good flash maker, started not long ago but i can make pictures:) )

- AzzazzinMaster the lord of assassins and sneak attackers... QUICK behind you!

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-20 17:07:38

Thanks for the good feed back on the picture

Other guy you need to draw the picture or u will die D: (and then u wont be able to join the collab(read the collab rules page 1))

Fluidanims is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to the warhammer 40k collab! 2008-12-20 17:22:41

Things seem to be going on quite nicely over here :P
I started animating my Space Marines piece (still dont know if i'll make them agains Orks or Tyranids) and i've done about 14sec till now - all that's left for these 14seconds are a few explosions, debris, extra details and so on but it's tourning out quite fine.

As for music, i havent found decent 'warhammerish' music on ng till now...are we allowed to use songs from the Dawn of War series?