Reviews for "Cavern"

I won.

I beat the game but I still think the game is overly hard. I don't think the finding out the rules for the later puzzles are that intuitive and even when you do figure out the rules of the puzzle, you still aren't working out the solution intuitively. You are still using guesswork and trial and error into you stumble across the correct solution. I just beat a really hard game but I don't have a sense of satisfaction more like I feel I wasted time.

Turkeyonastick I noticed you are very defensive in your responses. Instead of getting mad at so many people for having the same problem you should understand they may have a valid point.

And you even talked down to a guy who pointed out a HUGE bug in your game. Yes of course its frustrating to get stuck in a game, even more frustrating if you only got stuck due to an error in the game.

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

If you check out the responses I'm mad to, the people DON'T have a valid point. They vote incredibly low on
- Bugs,
- The fact it doesn't have a walkthrough,
- That they have a personal problem with opening the file, (I always find these ridiculous) and
- That it's hard.
Three of these isn't a fault of the game, but the player. Bugs can be remedied, but you don't need to notify the creators by ignoring everything else in the game.

We resolved #7 issues because a user (eduard0) sent us PMs with screenshots of multiple solutions, so that we can narrow down the possibilities. Thanks to him, the world is a happier place.

Btw, waste of time? I'm not forcing you to continue playing a game that you don't enjoy.

how is the second puzzle?

Puzzles where interesting, but the controls are confusing and slow. I think it might help if the mouse can change to something else when Im over something clickable, as any other game/application in the world.

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

Yeah, good idea with the mouse. Thanks for the feedback!

You get a 4 for a nice selection of puzzles, but Puzzle 7's lack of feedback makes it far more difficult than the others. I understand the instructions, but according to the other comments, there are multiple solutions but only one accepted. In a game this difficult, that's an issue.
Otherwise, great concept.

TurkeyOnAStick responds:

There shouldn't be multiple solutions since the update, and if there was it'd be really handy to see a screenshot. The pair of us would like to have some feedback involved, with lights between the tiles, but SirNightOwl made me aware that there was already a lot of code going on in that puzzle anyway.

Thanks for the review though!