Reviews for "Asslevania: SOTB"

Cool idea making a game based on the Asslevania flash animation, but I don't think it was executed all that well. Sure, the graphics and backrounds look pretty cool and it has some well known Newgrounds users involved, but I don't think that's quite enough to do it justice. Controls are a main reason for this. The jumping is so awkward and reaching certain platforms is such a pain in the ass. I also think there needs to be a bit more of a life bar for Johnny Belmont. Screen transitions need to be polished a bit as well considering I died accidentally once becuase I was moving to the left in one screen and died because I walked into a trap in the next screen. Other than that, this is pretty cool.

Pretty good, I mean, I gave it four stars because castlevania was pretty boring for me, but you definitely put the main points, (especially the jump and swing one) and was pretty funny.
Awesome.

It's spelled "Alucard'.

It looks good, it has famous funny newgroundz people on it, the forever alone ghost made me laugh, etc.
However the game mechanics are slightly bugged a little bit everywhere, and it makes the whole thing plain irritating to play. (you get shifted from the ledge of platforms, you can triple jump while falling down an edge instead of double jump, sometimes when you spawn on the next screen you take an undodgeable hit, sometimes you collect stars and they add up to your visible count, sometimes not, and many more)
And im not a dumb bitch who understands nothing about retro style : if you take a look at "Ninja Virus" you can see it cloned Ninja Gaiden mechanics perfectly and buglessly, and it is gud, very gud.

Real Mode is unfair once you get to Dracula because he can appear on you, including right at the start. This is literally impossible to dodge and pure chance, so congrats on dominating the game up until then because your reward for a flawless play is *rolls the dice* Dracula appears on you and you die game trolls you trolololo

For anyone having trouble with medals registering (if you're pretty sure you should have gotten it but it didn't give it to you) play through again on Cupcake mode and it'll probably give you all those medals at the start.