00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ShadowedVaultDweller just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Ng Viking Army

173,752 Views | 1,749 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-12 06:57:26

What do you mean? Also, Americans then, were not a great threat, not thread:P

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-12 07:07:56

At 6/12/09 06:57 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: What do you mean? Also, Americans then, were not a great threat, not thread:P

Grammar Nazi.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-12 14:55:44

Hi. I found a nice Norse myth and I want to share it.

One day, Loki and Thor were in the country of giants. There, they tried to compete other giants in different tasks. Loki thought, that he can win a giant in meat eating. The hands of Loki and the giant were met in the middle of the plate but the giant devoured the bones too, so Loki lost:(

Thor claimed that he can drink more than any giant an the gants gave him a horn with water inside that he was supposed to drink at once. Thor could only lower the water levr. After many tasks, Loki and Thor had tragically failed(especially when Thor had to beat an old woman called Elli).

Thor, dissaproved, took the way back to Asgard, but Logi, the giant leader told him these things:

That Loki could not win the other gant because the giant was flame that devours everything and that he could not drink all the horn cause the horn was the ocean, but he lowered it(now, Vikings try to explain the fact of the lowering watr level at some periods).
He told him explanations about all the tasks. Elli was Age that beats every warrior...

This myth corresponds to natural elements and theories the way the Vikings see them.

Sorry about the mistakes but I live next to a school and they have songs of Sakis Rouvas in foul sound so as the dust behind my screen falls into my desk. Ah,,, by the way, cangrats to Viking Norway for winning the song contest.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-12 16:28:04

At 6/12/09 02:55 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Hi. I found a nice Norse myth and I want to share it.

Feel free to do it!

That Loki could not win the other gant because the giant was flame that devours everything and that he could not drink all the horn cause the horn was the ocean, but he lowered it(now, Vikings try to explain the fact of the lowering watr level at some periods)
He told him explanations about all the tasks. Elli was Age that beats every warrior...

Well that confirms what l said some days ago, that ancient civs invented myths because they couldn't explain natural phenomena in any other way...nice myth, keep it comin'!

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-13 01:42:23

Sorry, but I do not know the full version of the myth.

Can you Leidorf tell us the full version of it?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-13 02:09:19

Why hasn't the OP posted for ages?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-13 02:38:27

Eh... Hi.

If you want to join ask HeavyTank and DeathNot. and read the rules at vdviking's forum signature link.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-13 03:34:06

I'll try to tell the story of when Tor and Loki went to Utgarda-Loki's halls, the story Tiberium outlined above. But as a part of I'll also try to give you an idea of how the story telling might have been done by a skald during the Viking era.

So imagine the inside of a long house. It is winter so the guest sitting on benches on both sides huddle under blankets and furs. The meal has been eaten and all are know holding drinking vessels of all kinds, regularly filled by female thralls. A large fire is blazing in the fire pit. At the far end of the house, on a low platform, sit the Jarl and his wife on big carved thrones. The skald is using a large empty area of the floor to tell his story, he uses a small flute from time to time to underline or emphasize a line or happening . A young boy helps him keep the rythm by beating on a small drum. The story is told in a rhythmic meter, and the skald uses both voice and body when reciting it.

"A long time ago the mighty giant Utgarda-Loki lusted for the beautiful Freya, and he decided that he was going to have her for a wife. Of course he realised that neither she nor the Aesir would accept that without a bit of extortion. So Utgarda-Loki managed somehow to steal Mjolnir, Thors's mighty hammer. Whit it Utgarda-Loki sent word to the Aesir, and they soon realised that they had to agree to the marriage. Freya was of course very unhappy, and in the end she managed to persuade the Aesir to agree on a bold plan. They should send of the male Aesir disguised as her.

In the end the Aesir agreed that the best one to send was Tor, as he was the only on that could handle Mjolnir, once he got his hands on it. Loki was immediately sent to Utgarda-Loki to negotiate the bride's dowry, and being skilled he managed to make Utgarda-Loki promise Mjolnir as part of the dowry."

My note: Obviously this must have been a very comical part, big and mighty manly man Tor dressed up as a woman.

"When time comes for the wedding Tor and Loki, set out for the long trip to Utgard in Tor's wagon pulled by two big billy goats. On the trip they decide to stop over for the night at a farm. The farmer is poor and doesn't have much food so Tor slaughters both of the goats for them to eat. As they set down to eat, Tor warns the family not to break any of the bones. But the son of the family, Tjalve, has his mind set on some marrow and breaks one of the bones. The next morning Tor put all of the bones in the goats skins and they live again, but one of the goats has a severe limp. Tor realises that someone has broken one of the bones and is enraged, and only calms down when the farmer promises Tor his son's servitude for as long as necessary. With a limp goat the trip will take even longer, and forces them to sleep in the wilds for one night."

The End of Part 1 - I'll try to fill in Part 2 and perhaps even a Part 3 later on.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-13 04:00:23

At 6/13/09 02:09 AM, Ocean wrote: Why hasn't the OP posted for ages?

1.Did you ever post here before?
2.Do you want to join this army?
3.What the flip is an OP?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-13 04:25:25

At 6/13/09 04:00 AM, HeavyTank wrote: 3.What the flip is an OP?

Original Poster = thread starter = Sirtom93 in this case

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-13 10:48:40

At 6/13/09 05:22 AM, Leidolfr wrote:
Original Poster = thread starter = Sirtom93 in this case

Ah OK

Yes, and to answer whoevers question, Sirtom is still in jail, as far as I know. If you look back a page or 2 you will find a link to the thread which will explain it all, someone else just recently asked about him.

Dang....

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-13 16:11:16

At 6/12/09 06:21 AM, HeavyTank wrote:

Unlike the Greeks and Romans, who used galley slaves to row their great warships, the Vikings.

LOL! nice double post in one text!

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-13 17:53:26

Hey, since high school is finally over, and i have more time to devote to non school related stuff, I can come back here and post with at least some degree of regularity. (Though since I also have my own car, much time will be spent out of the house)

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-13 19:01:06

At 6/13/09 06:27 PM, Leidolfr wrote:

I actually missed both of them somehow, lol. But, The Vikings used Irish slaves for rowing, and all kinds of other things, usually they were treated well, you know, as far as slaves go, and would usually be freed, and even given land somtimes, but still, pretty assholish, but everyone had slaves at one point or another

It's funny how black people always complain about how they were THE only people enslaved. I keep telling them thats a lie every race has been enslaved at some point in time. The Egyptians had slaves, Romans had slaves Vikings had slaves. really, why do ignnorent peices of shit feel the need to piss me off? I don't get it no more why just grow up and forget the past. Live for the future not the past.

Ng Viking Army

Enter Thy Metal Hell

www.infowars.com Because There Is A War On For Your Mind.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-14 01:03:27

At 6/13/09 05:53 PM, jew193 wrote: Hey, since high school is finally over, and i have more time to devote to non school related stuff, I can come back here and post with at least some degree of regularity. (Though since I also have my own car, much time will be spent out of the house)

Well, there's a difference between "at least some degree of regularity" and "not posting at all", don't you think?
Anyway cograts for your new car....

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-14 02:07:49

At 6/14/09 01:03 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/13/09 05:53 PM, jew193 wrote: Hey, since high school is finally over, and i have more time to devote to non school related stuff, I can come back here and post with at least some degree of regularity. (Though since I also have my own car, much time will be spent out of the house)
Well, there's a difference between "at least some degree of regularity" and "not posting at all", don't you think?
Anyway cograts for your new car....

I never said I was previously posting with any degree of regularity. I'm saying now that school is over, I'll be able to post with some degree of regularity.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-14 05:07:15

At 6/14/09 02:07 AM, jew193 wrote: I never said I was previously posting with any degree of regularity. I'm saying now that school is over, I'll be able to post with some degree of regularity.

Yeah it's like that for most of us, now l have all day to post and browse the BBS...

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-14 15:04:19

At 6/14/09 05:07 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 6/14/09 02:07 AM, jew193 wrote:

Yeah it's like that for most of us, now l have all day to post and browse the BBS...

Me too now that the exams are over:D

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 00:04:29

Holy hell, you're back. Well, welcome back in any case. As you can imagine, with the whole Sirtom93 incident, things have changed a bit around here. I have assumed Sirtom's position and we have done a overhaul on the structure of the army. For the rules in their entirety, click on the link in vdviking's sig titled "Thul of the NG Viking Army". Again, good to see you in the Army again.

Schwang-wang-wang

BBS Signature

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 00:55:38

At 6/15/09 12:04 AM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: things have changed a bit around here. I have assumed Sirtom's position and we have done a overhaul on the structure of the army. For the rules in their entirety, click on the link in vdviking's sig titled "Thul of the NG Viking Army". Again, good to see you in the Army again.

OMG, we have changed a lot since SirTom haven't we....

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 02:11:46

At 6/15/09 12:04 AM, DeathNoteetoNhtaeD wrote: Holy hell, you're back. Well, welcome back in any case. As you can imagine, with the whole Sirtom93 incident, things have changed a bit around here. I have assumed Sirtom's position and we have done a overhaul on the structure of the army. For the rules in their entirety, click on the link in vdviking's sig titled "Thul of the NG Viking Army". Again, good to see you in the Army again.

What exactly happened with sirtom? I think I was gone before that whatever you're talking about happened.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 04:04:50

At 6/15/09 02:11 AM, jew193 wrote: What exactly happened with sirtom? I think I was gone before that whatever you're talking about happened.

The short version - he threatened to burn down his school here on NG, someone notified the police and he got caught.

A question for our Jarl or Stallari - how shall we handle jew193's membership. He was a Noble before the reorganisation, so is he now a House Carl or even higher (or lower)?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 04:12:15

At 6/15/09 04:04 AM, vdviking wrote:
A question for our Jarl or Stallari - how shall we handle jew193's membership. He was a Noble before the reorganisation, so is he now a House Carl or even higher (or lower)?

Uh, l guess he'll have to start over since he didn't post for ages...what do you think DN?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 05:33:25

At 6/15/09 02:11 AM, jew193 wrote: What exactly happened with sirtom? I think I was gone before that whatever you're talking about happened.
The short version - he threatened to burn down his school here on NG, someone notified the police and he got caught.

It is a shame that he did that. And most frustating is the fact that some people make fun of this sad fact.

There is a flash here on NG with no meaning called sirtom's adventure that you have to press a post button and then it says"FUCK we got caught"

This is terribly ashaming. I wonder why the author of this made such a thing.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 07:09:43

At 6/15/09 05:33 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: This is terribly ashaming. I wonder why the author of this made such a thing.

Coz he's got a horrible sense of humour, that's why.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 12:11:48

At 6/15/09 04:12 AM, HeavyTank wrote:
Uh, l guess he'll have to start over since he didn't post for ages...what do you think DN?

Yeah, I was wondering about that as well. So is there anyone in here who likes viking metal?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 12:55:48

What do you mean with viking metal?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 13:18:48

At 6/15/09 12:55 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: What do you mean with viking metal?

Stuff like this.

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 13:24:29

Coz he's got a horrible sense of humour, that's why.

Yeah, but...
It seems so unfair and painful being closen to jail for a wrong thought or a moment of Madness and having the thought that others laugh at your wrongs with this, this and that.

These things are so ashaming that you want to eat your PC.

Can you imagine being a sirtom's place whiile others make these?

Response to Ng Viking Army 2009-06-15 13:27:06

At 6/15/09 01:18 PM, jew193 wrote:
At 6/15/09 12:55 PM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: What do you mean with viking metal?
Stuff like this.

Oh... it is good. Was the video filmed at a Scandinavian place?