00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Vilanael just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Great idea

42,769 Views | 1,083 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 18:52:29

well, we could also have a whole level dedicated to sticks!!!

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 18:53:16

Here's another tank/artillary.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 19:15:04

Hey, me AGAIN. I just wanna say, I took SlackerSoHa's idea in the forum part #4 (i think) and made what he suggested. I only have one choice for each thing though. I hope you appreciate it. Check it out.
http://www.geocities.com/awsome556/index2

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 19:15:17

cool, i like it, come on people, more pics, we are gonna mix styles!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 19:28:15

At 11/8/03 07:15 PM, Cheapo2002 wrote: Hey, me AGAIN. I just wanna say, I took SlackerSoHa's idea in the forum part #4 (i think) and made what he suggested. I only have one choice for each thing though. I hope you appreciate it. Check it out.

Yeah, that's just what I was thinking. But the problem I saw was how will we make the players character stay the same throughout the game? And it would get even more complicated if we use cutscenes bewtween fights or after they buy something from a shop. Of course, I know nothing of programing all this stuff, it could be relatively simple for all I know...

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 19:46:46

At 11/8/03 04:16 PM, SlackerSoHa wrote: I drew out what I think the character select should be like... But I don't know if it will even be possible to program...
Heh... I think I did a damn good job of drawing the madness person...
And by the way... should I e-mail Krinkels and ask him if we can use his characters for our game?

dude ... thats EXACTLY what I had in mind for the charicter selection. and I was orginally thinking the main charicter would be from newgrounds but everyone is straying away from that. either way, if im not mistaken we have people drawing the main charicter.... we'll see what happens until then. but I lurve the idea of charicter selection u made.

appriciated.
The waste

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 19:50:54

At 11/8/03 07:15 PM, Cheapo2002 wrote: Hey, me AGAIN. I just wanna say, I took SlackerSoHa's idea in the forum part #4 (i think) and made what he suggested. I only have one choice for each thing though. I hope you appreciate it. Check it out.

I really like that one Cheapo. Once we get the charicters, do you think your capible of making the selection screen?

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 20:03:03

assuming we are still using my story for game, ill go a bit more in depth of the game, and make it changed from what ideas have been shared on the forums. please correct me if im wrong.
(PS - this isnt the movie from the start. This is basicly just an explaination of what your charicter has to do with the game)

-------
You, are a human scientest of earth, who is still trying to examine the mysteries of the portal, that unknowingly to the human world, linked earth, with newgrounds. After stepping inside, you are amazed about what you see...

Newgrounds is now a highly populated city, and it is a happy place to live... of course there is always going to be fights, unhappyness, poverty... but these are all mainly in the badlands of the city.

But in 2004, a dark spire rose up in the place of Tom Fulps palace, and crushed it out of existance. Nobody has heard from Tom Fulp, King of the Portal, in months, and the animations are beginning to worry, as a dark and great evil is slowly gripping the city.

Newgrounds prepare for war with the dark evil of the spire. Being one of the few humans to enter newgrounds, the animations ask you to aid them in the war... a war of apocalyptic preportions.
-------

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 20:18:17

At 11/8/03 08:03 PM, thewasteofwebspace wrote: assuming we are still using my story for game, ill go a bit more in depth of the game, and make it changed from what ideas have been shared on the forums. please correct me if im wrong.
(PS - this isnt the movie from the start. This is basicly just an explaination of what your charicter has to do with the game)

That's very good! I think that in the game after we find out that Tom Fulp's palace has been desroyed and replaced, the player would find him out of a job, working in a 7-11 in one of the cities, and he would inform the player about how his palace was destroyed. Oh, when discussing the plot, we should probably comminicate through e-mail or IM... just to keep it a secret. I have another idea about what should happen as a surprise in the end... but don't want to post it out in the open, just in case we use it.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 20:22:22

Sorry to double post... but I got another idea... For the characters and objects, we should send the .fla to all the artists, always in the same order, so that each of us can edit it a little bit to put our individual styles in. We would all make a backup of the file we originally recieved, of course.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 20:43:35

Here's a person I just made that could be a main character.... Or anyone else, for that matter.

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 20:44:46

I wish we could. but .fla files are too big for normal e-mail. I mean, I about 5mb mail file limit, but not everyone has anything but hotmail (which is only a one meg limit)

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 20:46:37

Dayymn slacker! dats really good. are u sure it aint stolen? If we are still making the main charicter selection screen fing, I think all those features would make a good addition.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 21:09:22

kool man

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 22:05:50

At 11/8/03 07:50 PM, thewasteofwebspace wrote:
I really like that one Cheapo. Once we get the charicters, do you think your capible of making the selection screen?

Thx for all the good comments guys, but I don't know exactly how to keep the same character throughout the whole game. I'm not even very good with actionscript. In fact, what I made up there didn't even have any actionscript, I made it entirely with only "goto's" and "on release goto's". I can make more choices and stuff, but dont count on me doing any cool actionscript crap.

-The Cheap (friend of The Cheat... and Strong Bad)

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 22:42:43

Evil plant

I have no idea. 10 minutes mouse drawn

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 22:52:09

What the hell!?!?! are we making tanks and shit like that for the game?!? i love drawing those.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 23:08:28

A tank would be good for the war that newgrounds are preparing for. But I was thinking we should use the Newgrounds logo as a tank :D how funny would it be to see about 20 of them rolling into battle.

In fact. id like someone to make the newgrounds logo into a vector for the game. I thought this would be the perfect mission for trace bitmap but it jus dun work.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 23:12:25

Is that all. Tanks. How about robots mechs, and shit. Or whatever.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-08 23:54:50

Yes I suppose. Hey stop listening to me damn you! anything I say is overruled by anything ruthless (or yourself pretty much) say

annnnyway. I think for the mechs, we should use the chassis of the Portal and Audio bots. Only they are just for war and dont have any of the logos or badging that they have. thanks for pointing the idea out tho.

The infantry should consist of anyone of Newgrounds but dressed in newgrounds military uniform.

Remember the war is only part of the storyline, and probably wont exist in the game. All your really going to see is everyone at newgrounds become angry and worried and start to group up for war.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-09 01:33:35

Yeahhh! This is the 200th post!
That means we are the second most posted on board on the flash catagory.
Ruthless owns for making this post :P

Response to Great idea 2003-11-09 01:41:07

I just whipped up some people that might be the soldiers of Newgrounds! Heh...

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-09 02:00:30

Invest in the NG army!!!

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-09 02:08:38

At 11/9/03 01:41 AM, SlackerSoHa wrote: I just whipped up some people that might be the soldiers of Newgrounds! Heh...

hahaha, nice one dude!
they look awesome. I wager they will be in the game for sure.

Response to Great idea 2003-11-09 02:13:50

No flash could be complete without a ninja. EVER

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-09 02:31:41

Oh and by the way I can help with graphics and animation. I also had some Ideas how the game could flow and such.

sorry for the double post

Response to Great idea 2003-11-09 04:20:19

I don't know maybe we could use it to make an Attack of the Gangsdoggs level. What do you guys think?

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-09 04:30:29

yeah man go ahead, at this stage, nothing has been decided yet, we are still looking for ideas so if you have an idea, post it up!!

Response to Great idea 2003-11-09 04:38:42

i mean, heck, we could even have a level with agents... matrix tribute perhaps for one of the levels???

Great idea

Response to Great idea 2003-11-09 04:39:26

At 11/9/03 02:00 AM, Cheapo2002 wrote: Invest in the NG army!!!

lol, was that done in paint?