00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NeonBot just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff

53,436 Views | 303 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 14:55:11

Stamper is always happeh, even while ranting!

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 15:14:36

My part has a cardboard box bit, but it´s only like 10 seconds. The rest should be good. Should be finished soon.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 15:18:04

i do not get the scale

ENVY gaming

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 15:37:25

You know, I have a submission, but I suspect it is goddamn awful. So I'm a bit scared to sent it, now...

And it's not a box joke. It is just a parody of the opener to MGS2 where Snake trips over a trash can and falls in the river...

- Huw

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 15:47:38

At 5/6/08 03:37 PM, Flanofthefuture wrote: You know, I have a submission, but I suspect it is goddamn awful. So I'm a bit scared to sent it, now...

And it's not a box joke. It is just a parody of the opener to MGS2 where Snake trips over a trash can and falls in the river...

- Huw

Send it in. So long as you put effort into it and it shows, send it in.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 15:48:00

At 5/5/08 09:05 PM, Techno wrote:
At 5/5/08 09:04 PM, NinjaSkillz wrote: hopefully the best ones are still to come o.0
Like mine lol ^_^

gonna make an epic stick figure battle are ya?

suck on wades dick a lil bit while your at it? hmm?

Yeah thats what I figured...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 16:00:16

Stampers most recent post about how simple it is to come up with ideas really just opened my fucking mind. I'm definitely making a new part, my box submission is probably the dryest kind of MGS box humour you could ever see, so I feel I need to make a replacement! :)

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 16:27:57

Stamper if you go and get me a new Flash program/goblin I will do you proud.

If not I can't help.

A Bedtime Tale | 1 | 2 | 3 |

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 16:32:23

It seems the main problem here is pretty much ideas (Flashwork too but mainly ideas). I thoroughly enjoy the MGS series (As well as the funny FW) and i would like to see some better progress so...For example maybe for an idea why not do a plot with Solid snake and psycho mantis. Psycho has the telepathic ability to read anyone's mind so that might actually be a good starter, maybe Psycho reads snake's mind and finds a few "unusual" thoughts in snake's head, and by unusual i mean gay thoughts....very very gay thoughts lol. If need be just listen to stampers advice and come up something original besides box jokes. Remember that stamper said it doesn't have to be remotely relative to the MGS storyline, just make something funny happen...I hope i provided some helpful advice to you flash artists so good luck eh? ( P.S GO AHEAD AND TAKE THE IDEA I PROVIDED ABOVE IF YOU LIKE.)

Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop, punch, hard slash, volcanic viper......and you're dead -_-

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 16:33:40

dude cardboard box jokes are the jokes people usually do in the Metal Gear thing cause Solid Snake uses boxes to hide in case you didn't know...

READ this and you might not find someone who gives a rats ass!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 16:44:27

At 5/6/08 12:15 PM, MindChamber wrote: either way doing something is better than nothing. cause its really easy to huddle up in some dark forum chastising everything NG does, but its alot harder do something about it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. It seems like the newgrounds animators are more concentrated on submitting a lot of crap instead of a few good submissions. The crap probably can't be used anyways so the collan will consist of a very few good submissions. Quality is better than quantity and that by far in my opinion.

As you said though, besides making a post and yell at people (basically what Stamper did) it's extremely hard to do anything about it. And I don't really think that anyone who read this post will make something more creative either.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 16:57:41

At 5/6/08 04:29 PM, Hyrus wrote:
At 5/6/08 10:21 AM, Stamper wrote: here watch, I'll help somebody out and write a script really fast off the top of my head:

VAMP IS SUCKING OTACON'S DICK, RIGHT
Who's Vamp? Who's Otacon?

Vamp

Otacon

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 16:59:59

Huh. So basically that over like 1 and 1/2 months, a whole wack of shit has come in and now, with only 2 weeks left, suddenly you're expecting a whole bunch of d'awesome stuff to appear and save the collab before it goes into the crapper? That sounds about right actually, most good animations take time, why would you have any before the deadline? Unless you're like Superman or something, most likely more effort could've been put in it. Spamming the Portal and spamming the collab are basically the same thing.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 17:12:25

At 5/6/08 04:59 PM, Epicness wrote: That sounds about right actually, most good animations take time, why would you have any before the deadline?

I agree here, there's probably a few gems that havent been submitted yet.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 17:57:44

Since I played a lot of the first MGS, but don't have expierience in making flash movies, (my drawing abilities just suck balls) I have some ideas for the Collab. I'm not gonna' list all of them here and maybe this one won't sound funny... but who gives a crap :P
"In the scene where Snake first meets Revolver Ocelot, Ocelot is hand-spinnin' his Colt saying 'This is the best gun in da world !!' and suddenly it slips out over his shoulder and falls on the strings connected to the C4 & Baker. There's an explosion and they both evaporate :P Suddenly The Ninja appears next to Snake sayin' 'That wasn't in the script !!'. They both look at each other and... the Ninja cuts off snakes hand :D

It took me about 10 mins. to make that so basicly there should be some relly good submissions until the Deadline.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 18:02:20

Wow, It may sound weird, but this really motivated me to join.
I'll try to make something nice =)

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 18:02:54

few im so glad i didnt do a box joke for mine i still cant wait to see them even if they are bad

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 18:04:51

At 5/5/08 11:24 PM, Pwnzord wrote:
At 5/5/08 09:09 PM, Aerosphere wrote:
At 5/5/08 09:06 PM, HaXoR1500 wrote: wow......
What a terrible first post.
What a terrible 13th post.

What a terrible 4th post.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 18:05:36

At 5/6/08 08:03 AM, Nicolesgw wrote: Next time you should have a small poll giving out 3-5 different topics. The topic the most people vote for will be the next collab. That way you people avoid the lack of entries. I'm not sure if it's just me, but the whole MGS collab passed by really quickly with barely any attention brought to it. I can't really tell you guys how you could've brought up some more attention to it but still.

What? We're talking about the same collaboration, right? The one with the big flashy advertised bar on the main page, multiple news posts, shout-outs to it in every other news post, various lengthy blog posts, and a 2+ month deadline? This had 5 times more coverage than Blamformers. You people are just being fags.

At 5/6/08 11:02 AM, El-Sammo wrote: Stamper, dude, firstly most people don't know the game.

In the United States alone...
MGS is the fifth best-selling PS game (7 million copies sold)
MGS2 is the sixth best-selling PS2 game (7 million copies sold)
MGS3 is the seventeenth best-selling PS2 game (3.7 million copies sold)

People know the game.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 18:25:05

I would join, im a good animator, only my drawing sucks and ive only played the original game

but also, im not not saying it should be all box jokes, but only other jokes i can think of that are related to the game in more ways than just characters are Codec and ! jokes

YOU JUST GOT COCK JOKED!

Also, here is an awesome topic!

and also, here's a pretty cool video!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 18:49:17

At 5/6/08 06:05 PM, KupaMan wrote: What? We're talking about the same collaboration, right? The one with the big flashy advertised bar on the main page, multiple news posts, shout-outs to it in every other news post, various lengthy blog posts, and a 2+ month deadline? This had 5 times more coverage than Blamformers. You people are just being fags.

I know that there has been done a lot and I also stated some of my ideas how to prevent the next collab (if there will be one) to turn out as bad as this one. You even quoted my ideas.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 18:58:39

At 5/5/08 08:58 PM, Stamper wrote: 2. If you're not going to try then don't bother sending us a piece. We seriously expected more from the community on this one. I mean, I know I sound like a pretentious asshole and all, but JESUS. CHRIST. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND. THIS IS LIKE FAIL DEFCON DELTA CODE RED SHIT OVER HERE. No, seriously, on a 1 - 10 scale - lets say Blamformers is a 10, just for shits, right - well this collab is precariously teetering back and forth on top of a 1. I have never, in my ENTIRE time here at NG, seen so many poor, lazy, WORTHLESS submissions in such great quantity. It's absolutely MINDBLOWING. Seriously, if we released this 'collab' right now with all the best pieces, it'd be 2 minutes long and most people would cut it off halfway through.

I love it when admins get angry :P

95.43% of my message is quote. I'm just taking up space now. Donkey Kong is a gorilla. And angry stamper is funny. GOD DAMMIT IT'S STILL TOO MUCH QUOTE!

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 19:20:51

Dude, if it wont be good, then just scrap it. Some will be dissapointed, but if it turns out to be shit, even more will be unhappy.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 19:23:42

At 5/6/08 11:02 AM, El-Sammo wrote: So if you assume that 20% of NG users are metal gear solid fans and about 2% of those cunts can actually make a cartoon then you've got some pretty fucking slim pickings.

Wow, you can't do math very well, can you? There's around, what, 1.5 million users here (pretty sure there might be way more)? 20% of that is 300,000 fans of Metal Gear Solid. 2% of that would be 6000 users who know how to make a cartoon.

Meaning by what you say, there isn't any "slim pickings" at all. In fact, there would be quite a lot of "pickings".

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 19:26:55

At 5/6/08 07:23 PM, swiftstylerX wrote: Wow, you can't do math very well, can you? There's around, what, 1.5 million users here (pretty sure there might be way more)? 20% of that is 300,000 fans of Metal Gear Solid. 2% of that would be 6000 users who know how to make a cartoon.

Meaning by what you say, there isn't any "slim pickings" at all. In fact, there would be quite a lot of "pickings".

I think he was talking about active flash artists. You don't have to be a genius to figure that out.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 19:35:11

At 5/5/08 09:01 PM, Fyndir wrote: So you mean my 20 minute flash about the different cardboard boxes that Snake could use to hide effectively is worthless?

WELL GOD DAMNIT STAMPER, FUCK YOU TOO.

lol...

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 20:01:35

What if i make a flash of someone submitting in a box joke and then i rape them.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 20:21:07

GOD...FUCKING...FUCKING...FUCKING...FUCK ING...FUCKING...FUCKING...FUCKING...FUCK ING...DAMMIT!

Fucking-A, I came up with a great idea for a movie involving a cardboard box and now I can't do it?
FUCK!

Chili Cheese Dogs: They're delicious, they're affordible, but best of all, they're bite sized.

My site...

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 20:51:56

At 5/5/08 08:58 PM, Stamper wrote: So far this collab has been an absolute disaster that we regret more and more as the deadline draws closer.

Mmmm, this schadenfreude is absolutely delicious.
My compliments to the chef!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 21:54:33

Trust me, I'd have my parts done by now if ALL THE VOICE ACTORS IN THE WORLD WEREN'T BUSY.

If only I had a mike...

Because there's no sense crying over every mistake.

You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.