00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

christopher54000 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff

53,366 Views | 303 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 07:38:44

At 5/6/08 06:33 AM, DaVeB0T wrote: Ill make a "cardboard box Hentai quiz" to dedicate this event

I can't wait.

Snake hides unde r a cardboard box HILARIOUS.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 08:03:29

The whole collab and this thread is really sad to look at. I would say pathetic but I am thinking about a word that is more hurtful.

Next time you should have a small poll giving out 3-5 different topics. The topic the most people vote for will be the next collab. That way you people avoid the lack of entries. I'm not sure if it's just me, but the whole MGS collab passed by really quickly with barely any attention brought to it. I can't really tell you guys how you could've brought up some more attention to it but still.

You should have written that you will reject every cardboard box and codec parts right from the beginning. No one would've made one of these then which would've been by far better. These 2 jokes are very overused and just not original and funny anymore.

Maybe talk to some good animators who might be interested before making the actual collab to make sure that there are some qualitative parts, too. Then again, NG has a lot of good animators and I doubt the staff would have the time to do this.

To the staff, I don't think that any of this, besides the theme picking, is your fault. It's the fault of the lazy NG stuff that has dumbed down within a year so much that barely any of them can come up with good ideas anymore. I haven't EVER played the game and could probably come up with a good idea for the collab just by knowing all the NG parodies of metal gear solid. Heck, all you need to do is watching the trailer or maybe a video review of the game. Just search for videos on Youtube, how hard can it be.

I think the majority of the people who joined this collaboration entered with cardboard box and codec jokes because they proved to be very successful in the past hundred of Metal Gear Solid submissions. They aren't even considering making an actual parody of the game, they are making parodies of parodies. But that's just my opinion.

Maybe some of them don't even remember what the game had to it. I for once know that there are more than 2 parts but all I ever see is the main character of the first game. I have seen my brother playing the second game with a main character called Raiden (Correct me if I'm wrong). It had a fat jerk on roller skates that planted bombs all over the game map. I haven't payed attention to what it was, a boat or something alike. It would be really easy to make fun of this Fatman or perhaps even the sniper from part 1, which I have also seen my brother defeat. It's not really that hard coming up with ideas based on characters. Using the same character (Snake in this case) over and over again gets tiring to see and results in overuse of jokes.

I feel like I am repeating towards the end of every paragraph. That should prove my point well enough though.

Sorry for the long post, you don't need to read it if you want your part to be shit and similar to all the other parts.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 08:49:25

you dont have to be pissed about cardboard box jokes. if you dont want use to have those jokes in the collab you shouldnt like just yell like your about to lose your voice or if we cant hear you. you just have to tell us and we would not have any cardboard box jokes. instead yelling it at the top of your voice just made you a yeller. if i heard you for real i would get a headack by now. also dont be so mean to the submissions for the metal gear collab. they just tried the best they could do. you dont get angry at people who try there best at stuff.i mean its not like they suck ass. they tried there best and for that you should help them out or something. have some feelings man or else youll just be a pissing off person. i will see the submissions and tell ya they tried there best.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 09:00:57

Is that Freddie Mercury piledriving a shark right there?

AWESOME!!!

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 09:04:43

I had absolutely no idea that cardboard box jokes would be so badly rejected. I haven't seen many of the previous MGS parodies on NG, and I've only ever played the first game, so I put a fair bit of effort into my part (yes, a cardboard box joke), but now I see that I quite possibly wasted my time! I agree that the disapproval of box jokes should have been made clearer from the beginning, but I'm happy to make a new part! I just have little time to do it really in the 15 days we have left, as I have assignments for uni to hand in within this time which, I might add, are my final 2 assignments EVER :) zoot!

I totally understand the frustration from the staff if the majority of submissions really have a distinct lack of effort in their creation, but they really can't all be THAT bad... can they??? :O

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 09:05:53

For the love of the god at least I didn't put the cardboard box joke in there and instead of that something about rations.

Ah well, I wonder how will be this like in the end.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 09:32:22

At 5/5/08 08:58 PM, Stamper wrote:

I have never, in my ENTIRE time here at NG, seen so many poor, lazy, WORTHLESS submissions in such great quantity. It's absolutely MINDBLOWING. Seriously, if we released this 'collab' right now with all the best pieces, it'd be 2 minutes long and most people would cut it off halfway through.

That happens in the flash portal too.
Now everybody's giving 5 to every submission that deserves a four!

What's wrong with you guys?
Or do you have a BIG family?

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 09:45:26

At 5/6/08 09:00 AM, Angry-Banana wrote: Is that Freddie Mercury piledriving a shark right there?

AWESOME!!

LAWL dude i hope you're being sarcastic or something cuz thats IS NOT Freddy Mercury, thats haggar from final fight. ME HAGGAR! ME SODOMIZE YOU! lol just j/k haggar is actually very intelligent, i mean he IS the mayor of the city.

Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff

Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop, punch, hard slash, volcanic viper......and you're dead -_-

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 10:21:25

Yeah, a great deal of people are claiming to avoid the collab because they've never played the games...despite us clearly saying "Your submission doesn't have to revolve around the Metal Gear plot/story, so long as it's Metal-Gear related in general (uses MGS characters, themes, gimmicks, etc.)". I'd prefer it if people were just straight up and said they didn't feel like making one.

For example - I know very little about Transformers, but I still managed to make something for Blamformers, as I WANTED to. All I did was use the characters to make it apply. A Metal Gear submission would take absolutely no effort, here watch, I'll help somebody out and write a script really fast off the top of my head:

VAMP IS SUCKING OTACON'S DICK, RIGHT

OTACON: OWEEE, I FELT TEETH THAT TIME BE CAREFUL!

VAMP: SORRY BABY JUST TRYING TO KILL 2 BIRDS WITH 1 STONE! *WINKS AT CAMERA*

(Get it? Because Vamp is a LITERALLY GAY VAMPIRE? AND OTACON LOOKS LIKE A QUEER?)

OPTIONAL ENDING 1:
OTACON SPILLS HIS BALLS IN VAMP'S HAIR. VAMP TOUCHES IT AND SAYS 'BY THE GODS I THINK WE HAVE A WINNER!'

OPTIONAL ENDING 2:
OTACON PRESSES HIS DICK UP INSIDE VAMP'S FOREHEAD BULLETHOLE SCAR AND BUSTS A LOAD THAT SHOOTS IN 8 DIRECTIONS DUE TO THE PRESSURE. VAMP SCREAMS LIKE A GIRL AND FLAPS HIS TONGUE AROUND.

That GOLDEN script doesn't require having played any of the games - just a quick glance at character art and the knowledge we've given you. You can't tell me that everyone draws blank ideas by staring at pictures of AN UNHAPPY MAN WHO OBVIOUSLY CONTROLS HORNETS, THIS FAT EXPLOSIVES EXPERT ON ROLLERBLADES NAMED FATMAN (FOR SERIOUS) or THIS NINJA CYBORG...will not purchase it. It would take all of 10 seconds of thought, 2 minutes of research, and the rest up to effort.

And New999, get death you sensitive ass queer. Everything I said was (although blunt) completely necessary and true...I have never seen such an epic failure from the community before. It's not meant to be a direct insult, moreso a wake-up call because I feel as if we're slipping. Well, partially an insult. Either way, why am I explaining myself to a dude who has yet to discover what to do when his pee pee gets hard? BEAT IT FAG. (AND YOU BEAT IT, FAG.)

...and keep in mind that although this topic did come from me, I'm not exactly speaking based on my personal opinions alone. fucking ching chang chong

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 10:21:52

It really saddens me to see that the Metal Gear collaboration is a disaster. You might have to move the due date up a couple weeks, or so, in order to rectify the situation. While I have never played a Metal Gear game in my life, Jeff's post indicates that you don't have to play the game in order to make fun of it (it does it to itself).

I am thinking of making a submission where Snake shoves a stick of Dynamite up Fatman's Ass, the resulting explosion propels Fatman forward into a metal beam, and his dick gets ripped off. The problem is that my flash skills are underdeveloped and, as a NGer with a clue, I don't want to waste other people's time with sub-par animations (especially the Staff's). So if there are any animators out there with worth their copy of flash, than please, get out and make fun of this! It has too much potential to become a failure.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 10:26:21

You know what sucks Stamper?, having a hilarious idea and not having the talent to animate it.

What we need are the minds of the most hilarious people here, and the skills of our best animators.
I need to organize something on Paltalk.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 10:31:33

At 5/5/08 09:12 PM, El-Sammo wrote: Woah... that must be bad. As every fucking submission up to the last one in Blamformers sucked so much cock. You seriously telling me that you can't just fill up the collab with Metal Gear having a metal penis, or metal gear standing on stuff and saying "my bad!"?

P.S. I stand by my cardboard box joke.

I loved the Blamformers collab, the "my bad" joke was one of the best.

Pork ist the meat of Kings!

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 10:42:47

At 5/5/08 08:58 PM, Stamper wrote: Seriously, if we released this 'collab' right now with all the best pieces, it'd be 2 minutes long and most people would cut it off halfway through.

My second enrty had better be in the first half, it is good!

Visiting Newgrounds Since 2003

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 10:57:31

honestly, when using a cardboard joke it's like your not even trying. try something ORIGINAL, ya know something that's NOT a cardboard box joke or an intercom joke or something like that. you could have snake in a fast food restaurant ordering something but make it comical. seriously I didnt need to think that out properly and already thats original in its self!

for the love of god, please dont over use the joke, cus after a while it gets really shitty!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 11:02:39

Stamper, dude, firstly most people don't know the game. I know you said they just need a gist of the game but jesus titty fucking christ, the only stand-out character is Snake. All Snake fucking does really is say Metal Gear, talk to his ear and crawl around in a fuckign cardboard box.

Apart from the hardcore fans, the only thing people know about any of the god damn characters is that the guy is in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

So if you assume that 20% of NG users are metal gear solid fans and about 2% of those cunts can actually make a cartoon then you've got some pretty fucking slim pickings. Transformers is completely god damn different to Metal Gear Solid as most of the NG users grew up with the show and it just got turned into a fucking hollywood blockbuster.

So the reason you've got so many fucking shitty submissions is because there are very little people who know MGS well enough to do a good flash and the people who know it a little but know flash, can't because you've put restrictions on the things they actually know.

But it does sound like you are in dire straits right now so I guess I'll help you urge the MMA community to rally together like they did with blamformers and just have metal gear growing a dick or some shit.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 11:21:55

At 5/6/08 11:02 AM, El-Sammo wrote: Stamper, dude, firstly most people don't know the game. I know you said they just need a gist of the game but jesus titty fucking christ, the only stand-out character is Snake. All Snake fucking does really is say Metal Gear, talk to his ear and crawl around in a fuckign cardboard box.

Apart from the hardcore fans, the only thing people know about any of the god damn characters is that the guy is in Super Smash Bros Brawl.

So if you assume that 20% of NG users are metal gear solid fans and about 2% of those cunts can actually make a cartoon then you've got some pretty fucking slim pickings. Transformers is completely god damn different to Metal Gear Solid as most of the NG users grew up with the show and it just got turned into a fucking hollywood blockbuster.

So the reason you've got so many fucking shitty submissions is because there are very little people who know MGS well enough to do a good flash and the people who know it a little but know flash, can't because you've put restrictions on the things they actually know.

But it does sound like you are in dire straits right now so I guess I'll help you urge the MMA community to rally together like they did with blamformers and just have metal gear growing a dick or some shit.

pretty wrong there my friend. yu do know what stamper said, right? he said it doesn't neciserally need to be evolved around metal gear ya know. It could be based on everyday to day situations such as going to the shops and seeing a mysterious guy at the counter (solid snake) or ordering some food in a drive-thru (solid snake).

what stampers trying to say is, you dont NEED to have a box joke in it, you dont NEED to have an intercom joke, it could be ANYTHING, heck even if it completely rips off solid snake. obviously it has to be good in terms of art as well). sure not a lot of people dont know metal gear solid, but so what? yu dont really need to know what its about really, its just as simple as putting snake in a real life situation, or even put him in a funny comical act that doesny evolve boxes or intercom stuff.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 11:41:50

At 5/6/08 11:21 AM, diamond-armada wrote:
At 5/6/08 11:02 AM, El-Sammo wrote:

:: pretty wrong there my friend. yu do know what stamper said, right?

Yeah, I think the gist was to make cock jokes.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 11:46:22

At 5/6/08 11:41 AM, OdHero wrote:
At 5/6/08 11:21 AM, diamond-armada wrote:
At 5/6/08 11:02 AM, El-Sammo wrote: pretty wrong there my friend. yu do know what stamper said, right?
Yeah, I think the gist was to make cock jokes.

Are there any other kind?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 12:15:43

At 5/6/08 08:03 AM, Nicolesgw wrote: textwalls ftw.

alot of the things you mentioned where already done, read utahs and stampers posts. everything mentioned was already covered. I agree with the NG is lazy part, what can ya do. we try to come up with interesting ideas to get the community involved. sometimes it works other times it doesn't.

either way doing something is better than nothing. cause its really easy to huddle up in some dark forum chastising everything NG does, but its alot harder do something about it.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 12:25:09

God there are a lot of comments to this I hope this gets seen. I have some wicked ideas for collab entries but I don't have flash and I can't draw for shit. If someone would like "storyboards" of some funny non-box-related ideas hit me up in my PM box. Thanks guys!

Killing them softly, one song at a time.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 12:31:17

Weeelll, I was too busy working on another collab, but I seriously would've submitted one if I had the time.

T3hParty is amazing, do not hesitate, join!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 12:32:59

At 5/5/08 09:08 PM, Sabotage wrote: What are "CARDBOARD BOX JOKES"? They sound like something I really want to send.

The Protagonist of the Metal Gear Solid series hides under cardboard boxes from his enemies. People think this is pretty funny and make jokes about it.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 12:56:37

I would do something, but i have NO FUCKING CLUE about it. NONE AT ALL. i dont know any themes, gimmicks or characters. so yeah...

and also...

At 5/6/08 03:29 AM, Darkside7000 wrote: Ummm... ummm... OK, how bout this... errr... Solid Snake... on... a plane?

LOL WIN

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 12:57:53

If only it was a COD4 or GTA or CS or Quake or UT collab....

:sorry for double post :|

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 13:21:25

At 5/5/08 08:58 PM, Stamper wrote: Alright before I begin - Luis has announced the winners for the Pico art contest, and neatly organized them onto a slick page - go check em' out! Some really good stuff in there, great job fellas!

Some pretty good ones there, I really liked danomano65's Tankmen picture. Great job!

OKAY...
So far this collab has been an absolute disaster that we regret more and more as the deadline draws closer. There, I said it.

Really? So it'll suck instead of be brilliant and epic?

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 13:58:57

Sorry Stamper and Jonny but i completely suck at flash. If i was any good i would get my ass in gear and make a star. Even though i hate Matal Gear Solid.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 14:15:09

At 5/6/08 01:21 PM, Sir-Nuts wrote:
At 5/5/08 08:58 PM, Stamper wrote: So far this collab has been an absolute disaster that we regret more and more as the deadline draws closer. There, I said it.
Really? So it'll suck instead of be brilliant and epic?

Sadly yes, if people won't read any of these posts and such.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 14:37:17

At 5/6/08 11:02 AM, El-Sammo wrote: Stamper, dude, firstly most people don't know the game. I know you said they just need a gist of the game but jesus titty fucking christ, the only stand-out character is Snake. All Snake fucking does really is say Metal Gear, talk to his ear and crawl around in a fuckign cardboard box.

How does a character like this not stand out?!

I've never played any of them, and could probably tell you every boss from MGS1 and MGS3, and what they do. I actually went to a bunch of different sites and read up on them and learned how fucking awesome every character in the series is.

Another idea for anyone willing to animate it:

The Fury is totally boning some chick, with the big helmet and jetpack still on. She asks him how its going, and he says he's right about to bust a nut. Then when he does, he yells "THE FURY!" and explodes. It doesn't even have to be him, it could be any of the bosses in MGS3. And that's just an idea in the same vein as Stampers. Like he said, that didn't take long at all to come up with.

Other crazy bosses:

The Fear: he can bend himself in insane ways and has a long ass tongue.

The Pain: he's full of hornets and jumps around a lot.

The End: an old sniper who's just a little odd...

Those are just four bosses, and they're all from the same game. They barely scratch the surface of important characters, too

My final note is: stop bitching that Stamper hurt your feelings. If you care at all about this collab, make a part, a good part. If not, don't even come to this thread.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 14:47:00

Ive never played any of the metal gears in my life so i cant contribute anything :"((((

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-06 14:52:48

At 5/6/08 02:47 PM, VeinDigger wrote: Ive never played any of the metal gears in my life so i cant contribute anything :"((((

WHY DID YOU POST THAT?! WHY DID YOU POST THAT?!