00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff

53,356 Views | 303 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-09 21:10:53

At 5/9/08 12:15 AM, Kenkaku wrote: I think the real problem here might be that most submitters haven't played a Metal Gear game in their life. Really, that's the only explanation I can come up with.

Why don't we quit trying to diagnose the issues with the collaboration and work on some quality submissions instead?

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-09 23:47:38

i can't wait for the metal gear collab comes out

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-09 23:49:39

At 5/9/08 11:47 PM, texzor wrote: i can't wait for the metal gear collab comes out

i meant i can't wait for it to come out

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-10 08:52:09

At 5/10/08 01:17 AM, KevnSevn wrote:
At 5/5/08 09:08 PM, Sabotage wrote: What are "CARDBOARD BOX JOKES"? They sound like something I really want to send.
you have never play MGS before have you...

Snake + CB-Box + Hamster = mutilation.....and there ya have it.

Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop, punch, hard slash, volcanic viper......and you're dead -_-

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-10 12:43:46

Only 10 days left. So, did you guys receive any good parts ever since you made that post, Stamper? And in case you don't get any more good parts, will the collab be really short but good or long but with a lot of bad parts?

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-10 13:55:00

Well, if you don't mind an animation looking a bit like dookie, then I should have a submission.

Mine is based off MGS2 where Raiden gets a golden shower from a soldier...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vAsZn25Xh3c

This is what I got so far.
http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/1237/
pissfacepb4.jpg

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/574/g oldenglorydq8.jpg

By the way, has anyone done a "Hey Captain, BOX JOKE" kind of animation?
http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/2232/
boxjokerb3.jpg

If I have time and if anyone hasn't done it already, I'll do that too

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-10 15:38:21

Hmmm..that sucks.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-10 16:06:06

If I may good sir....

It seems to me that we need mroe time to creat a better collab. Sending this message that we are in desperate need of new/ better work "though I assume many will act as if the collab were desperate" then that's just going to lead to more rushed work. Why not Extend the deadline to a later date, maybe even when Metal Gear Solid 4 actually comes out! I know I'd like to have that connection between a collab and a game. Beyond that is sends a message that PEOPLE HAVE FAILED TO ANSWER THE NEWGROUNDS CALL, and a message that it is indeed time to put more work into the thought process of creating, annnnnnnnnd editing animation!

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-10 16:26:36

That stinks.. I think it's time to end these "themed" things and start some original newgrounds ideas.

Why not have a series, where tom does the first episode, then the next episode is due in 3 months and anyone on newgrounds can try to create it.... then after everyone submits their second episode, the NG community would vote on which would actually be the second episode. Then as the series progressed, the NG community would vote on merchandise ideas, online ads for the cartoon, and finally the DVD cover. After the series has finished up (and uses no copyrighted content) then DVD's could be sold. NG would get tons of press, the users would feel like a community, and NG would make money.

It would sort of be fan fiction but in flash.. so flash-fiction.... *sigh* It's better than a metal gear collab is all I'm saying -_-

Oh and Kudos to stamper and his upper-management technique of yelling at people to get them to do what he wants, that always works so well with angsty teens.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-10 16:29:11

I'm about 90% done, and a little panicked. I just need some voice work (that hopefully my brother and his friends can do), and a tiny bit of polishing. Then, hopefully, it will appease Johnny and Stamper. I hope.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-10 16:55:37

At 5/10/08 04:06 PM, blank0000 wrote: If I may good sir....

It seems to me that we need mroe time to creat a better collab. Sending this message that we are in desperate need of new/ better work "though I assume many will act as if the collab were desperate" then that's just going to lead to more rushed work. Why not Extend the deadline to a later date, maybe even when Metal Gear Solid 4 actually comes out! I know I'd like to have that connection between a collab and a game. Beyond that is sends a message that PEOPLE HAVE FAILED TO ANSWER THE NEWGROUNDS CALL, and a message that it is indeed time to put more work into the thought process of creating, annnnnnnnnd editing animation!

Are you serious? You think 2 months isn't enough time to make a 5-30second animation? I could make a full shaded FBF animation with a great voice acting and a nice plot in that time but I dislike MGS. I don't think the problem was the deadline.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-10 17:26:52

I'm about halfway done with mine. I suck at making backgrounds though so those consists of gradients... :/

I'm going to try fixing that by the time I finish this thing.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-10 19:56:55

Well i really hope that the situation improves... i'm 10 times more interested in this collab than the blamformers one. I really hope we get some quality submitions..
Anyway.. i just finished mine.. and sent it a couple of minuts ago.. no box jokes or codec conversations.. hopefully it'll be good enough..

heres a screen:
(we can see snake is pretty satisfied with the flash movie.. :P)

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 01:49:51

The original deadline seemed reasonable, I'm just saying at this point, if we need better quality stuff 15 or so days may not cut it.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 02:20:54

At 5/11/08 01:49 AM, blank0000 wrote: The original deadline seemed reasonable, I'm just saying at this point, if we need better quality stuff 15 or so days may not cut it.

15 more days won't do jack shit considering 2 months brought in just a very few good parts.

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 08:10:34

Well Stamper i made one especially for you, i hope you like it =3

DOUBLE POST! BAM! I thought that was fixed.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 08:10:49

yea! Blamformers are the best! they are awesome!

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 08:11:58

At 5/9/08 12:23 PM, rabid-ducky wrote: one second, I feel the rave coming over meeeeeee!
CARDBOARD BOX! CARDBOARD BOX! STACKING THE SHELVES!

isn't this for every cardboard box? lol!

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 08:13:02

At 5/10/08 08:52 AM, Napalmdeath501 wrote:
At 5/5/08 09:08 PM, Sabotage wrote: What are "CARDBOARD BOX JOKES"? They sound like something I really want to send.

wow! that picture is so cute! I love the tiny Hamster! wow kinda dangerous to be there!

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 15:46:52

At 5/5/08 09:25 PM, JohnnyUtah wrote: honesty, there's a few pretty good ones, but we could really use A LOT more.

IM WORKING ON IT!!!!

(Soler is spanish for sun)

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 17:22:53

At 5/11/08 08:13 AM, cindyjong230 wrote:
At 5/10/08 08:52 AM, Napalmdeath501 wrote:
wow! that picture is so cute! I love the tiny Hamster! wow kinda dangerous to be there!

umm....then i guess you probably won't like this one...aheh....OH COME ON! WE ALL SAW IT COMING!!

Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop,Dust loop, punch, hard slash, volcanic viper......and you're dead -_-

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 17:39:21

I really want to do something for this but I've just never actually played the games. They always LOOKED pretty cool. I considered renting MGS3 and blasting through it to get an idea. I mean christ, it's only 30 seconds. I could do that in like a day or two. AHHhhhhhh I dunno. Pffff.. fuhh.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 18:11:12

This must be really bad! COME ON PPL DO SUMTHING GOOD. well i can't really do flash myself but i have an idea if ne1 did ne MGS4 research then they will know RAIDEN (who well all love so much) 'Raiden is "falling apart" due to a traumatic experience that is yet unknown' and has to wear that suit thing he has on all pics but Kojima wouldn't say what the experience was so come on use it! i know i would if i could do flash :p(seriously the part underlined in the speech mark was actually copied from wiki)

There is an easy way to tell the diference between reality and fantasy; fantasy is good, reality not so much

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 19:22:20

Well my part is basically done. It looks OK, and it just needs backgrounds. I think it's pretty funny, just enough to give you a chuckle or two. That being said, It should be complete and sent in by tomorrow.

Pseudo-Screen attached :p

Because there's no sense crying over every mistake.

You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 19:25:57

I personally wished I had joined NG eariler so that I would have time to make a submission... Oh well, I'll wait for the next one.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 20:05:48

Whoops have no idea how that image got so friggin' huge.

Because there's no sense crying over every mistake.

You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-11 22:19:09

I'm sorry but Stamper has a pretty damn good point...

BBS Signature

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-12 02:28:34

At 5/11/08 10:19 PM, DirgeSinger wrote: I'm sorry but Stamper has a pretty damn good point...

It took you eleven pages...

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-12 02:57:19

At 5/12/08 02:28 AM, KupaMan wrote:
At 5/11/08 10:19 PM, DirgeSinger wrote: I'm sorry but Stamper has a pretty damn good point...
It took you eleven pages...

Hahaha, zing!

Response to Metal Gear Collab / Pico Stuff 2008-05-12 11:56:34

At 5/8/08 11:06 AM, Stamper wrote: and just when you think shit can't get any worse, you get an entry that's, literally, a 1 frame drawing of a gear with a bandana on it. I SHIT YOU NOT.

The sad part is, I don't think that's the worst you got.