00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dingleberry96 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

the orange box collab

51,000 Views | 1,415 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 01:26:52

The end of my first toon (Death of a Pyro) is messed up. Its not supposed to have the blood splatters all over the heavy and the walls. Im not sure what happened, but its pretty messed up. The end should have the heavy smiling and going back behind the door and screwing his gun some more, but it seems to freeze on the frame with the dead pyro and just has blood spurts everywhere. Please take a look at that one.
Also, PBM should not be listed. It should be listed under SpacemanAttack. Its the account my brother and I are using for our new website abd NG account. The other part, the Trainning Session looked fine tho.
Thanks for putting this all together. I know you have been working hard and its probably a pretty big pain in the arse.
Please let me know if you need any help on fixing my part and if you have any trouble adding spacemanattack to your buddy list for the collab.
Thanks

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 01:54:34

Gcacti I looked at your parts and the audio sync is fine in the file. I don't know what would have happened to it. It could have just been caused by lag or something like that.

PBM I got your part fixed. All that happened was a keyframe went missing when the data was transfered over. So that one is all fixed up for ya. Oh and you need to add Assasinrabbit as a buddy on the account you want to be co-authored, so that you can be co-authored on that account.

This video is not going to be submitted on my account, but it will be submitted by me only because if Assasinrabbit does it the majority of Newground users are asleep, due to the timezone difference. I am going to be using his account to submit it, just to make things a whole lot easier.

If anyone else's part needs fixing tell me so I can get it fixed up.

[As Main][The Zelda Collab]

I suffer from CRS (Can't Remember Shit)

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 02:18:58

Cool. Thanks for fixing that man.
I have rabbit on my buddy list. If you could just change the PBM text in the credits to SpacemanAttack that would be great.
I appreciate you fixing that for me.
Thanks again.

Why do you say these things to me, when you know I will kill you for them.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 02:45:31

Ok I changed that in the credits

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 03:27:07

good job...I just think we should have some soft music in the background.......

If you want..Send me the fla over megauploads. I know how to fix sound sync. (I have had the prob
before) I can fix parts and add the static and maybe even add buttons on the bottom to go to the next
Author. Or previouse. So people can skip and stuff.
Then I will send the fla back. I have really fast internet so I can download anything.

: Nothing

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 03:38:01

Ya I would need someone to get some calm music so I can put them in. the video is 8 mins long so I would need enough to go the length of the video.

I don't think we will need to have those buttons for skipping a video. We want people to watch all of the videos. I also have the static symbol that you sent to me a while back.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 03:43:00

One more bug. My part is first right....(EEEEK) but the sound of my part repeats into the second part...(That TF2 part). That needs fixing cause the second part gets owned if my sound goes into it.....

Looking for sounds now.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 03:54:03

OK done a little bit of editing see if it has changed at all.

Oh and Morningdeath, you have all your sounds as events which means even if the video has ended the sound will still continue. You should use the sound as a stream instead. It stops overlap from happening causing shit to screw up other things. That is what I find.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 03:55:03

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 04:27:52

The problem is still there.......
I didn't care about sound over laps. They are ment to be there
ijust mean that the glados voice starts talking again in the next part which is that scout tf2 thing....

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 04:38:30

Ok this thing is getting really weird and would be a whole fuck of a lot easier if my sound card wasn't fucked up.

TRY THIS ONE

if not I will send it to you morning and see what you can do to it. Do you have msn at all.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 04:39:37

At 5/20/08 03:55 AM, mechanixnut wrote: Forgot thy linky

Sound still loops in the first clip
Someone spelled 'doesn't' wrong

[I Has A Hat]

And it's on my head, your source for stupid comics and everything hats (No hats)

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 04:41:35

That would be Assasinrabbit.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 05:18:15

At 5/20/08 04:39 AM, jimmick wrote: Assasinrabbit spelled 'doesn't' wrong

Also 'assassin'

[I Has A Hat]

And it's on my head, your source for stupid comics and everything hats (No hats)

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 06:01:22

the sound still loops. i can fix this.

Send fla to

andrewflashanimator@gmail.com

i will fix sound...Thats all i will do....If we get some music I might add that to the silent parts.

But we have to decide on the music first..

Guess the collab still has some tweeking to do....

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 06:10:41

Yes, if possible please dont add music over/under my parts. Both have talking in them or some sort of sound effects that go with the skit.
Sounds like were almost there guys! Thanks for working so hard to get this done.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 06:12:01

Ok I am sending the file to you to see if you can fix it. Don't add any music to it. I can do that and I want to have it my way in case something fucks up (again). Also the file is really really big so uh ya.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 06:22:39

I won't add

I'm just going to fix some of the sound sync..
Then I will send back. U can do the music. If it fucks up we will repeat this step again..

lol I havn't reseived yet....
just check....
My email is

andrewflashanimator@gmail.com

sometimes having long email is a pain in the ass.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 06:25:46

I know you havent gotten it yet. Like I said the file is really big almost 40mb in size. It is just taking a while to upload as soon as it is done it will be sent to you.

Ok there it is done and on the way to you.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 06:27:51

Hey, sorry to be a pain, but my part still isnt right. I will post a correct version of what it should look like when I get home and hopefully you can get it to be that way on the collab. The blood splatters are still there when they shouldnt be and it doesnt switch back over to the heavy shutting the door and smiling.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 06:34:59

You dont need to resend the file I still have the original, and the head going behind the door is there I just dont know why it isnt in the labeled one I will fix that right now so I can get that out of the way.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 06:46:12

I have already fixed my sound problem and I have fixed the hodown thing where the song went like 5 frames into the next part. I gtg to sleep but I might (not sure put the static in between and maybe if we have a scene select name all the first frames. (eg...1, 2, 3, 4, 5) so that we can have a scene select.....I have made like 5 copies of the fla so If u don't like my static I can give u just the sounds fixes.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 06:56:26

Ok thats fine by me. You don't need to do a scene select thing cause I don't have that feature in the menu. Except for the fact that you can go to the portal animations and TF2 and HL2 stuff. Good to hear you got the sound fixed. I was starting to get frustrated with trying to fix it while unable to hear it.

PBM I know what went wrong with your part and it is an easy fix. I can do it in 5 mins when I get the stuff back from Morningdeath. When I converted it into a movieclip it made frames where they were not needed so I have that fixed in the file I have and When I get the shit back I will just make that file look the same.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 07:14:41

Everything's cleaning up nicely. Also, my "You're all babies" part was fixed mostly but the sound of the baby crying and Heavy's line need to be moved back a few frames. Excellent work and thanks for handling all of this.

"A good pun is its own reword." My DeviantArt

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 07:17:48

Ya no problem, that's what I am supposed to do as the assembling person.

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 07:29:18

Ok, thanks for taking care of it then.
I went ahead and uplaoded it anyways in case it gave you any issues.
My TF2 Part

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 07:38:00

hmm cool, but I think we should add a soft instrumental of still alive or somethin like that, its too quiet :D

otherwise good luck on fixin the loopin and srry for missplellin

JOIN THE GTA COLLAB, A TON OF FREE SPACES!!!

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 07:58:36

Hey, sorry to have to pick more faults with the syncing and stuff but theres a couple of problems with my part I wonder if you could fix. The parts where someone shouts nerd, and the second flashback sound which is meant to play when it's coming out of the flashback, they both play far too early for some reason. Also, in the movie clip within my part where my name is displayed, could you fix that too please? Obviously because you don't have the font that I sent you, it doesn't show up properly, but because I did ctrl-B for the mask for the glow on my name, the kind of text I need is still there. Could you copy the mask text from within my name Movie Clip and paste it to where the shit text is please?

If I'm not making any sense I'll speak to you on msn later anyway probably.

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 08:06:51

Ok morningdeath is working on the sound sync only cause I dont have sound on my computer :(

I understand what you are talking about for your name thingy. I will get that fixed up too when I get the file back from morningdeath.

holy fuck all the sound just went for shit when things got put together

BBS Signature

Response to the orange box collab 2008-05-20 08:19:49

hmmm
this sound thing is makin a problem, if you can (or want) can you get someone else to put all the parts together? I mean if it is too much work for u because of the sounds

I would voulenteer but I got no idea how to do it :D never was too good with sounds

JOIN THE GTA COLLAB, A TON OF FREE SPACES!!!

BBS Signature