00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Robnghost just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writers Club

131,278 Views | 2,267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 10:24:24

At 8/19/07 08:23 AM, gunground wrote: Welcome :). Alot of people here are 13 or 14 are also in this club, so im sure you'll fit in perfectly. As for me, i am 14, but only have a 6th grade language arts. I don't believe in grammar, using metaphors, and all that stuff, i find that it only brings up many writers blocks. I prefer to do creative writing, and simply add logic to every story i have so it makes sense. You should try it out, works efficeintly for me :).

Are you sure about this guy gun? I know you want to give people a chance but anyone who uses u as in "you" and everyone who uses this internet language and is too fucking lazy to add two more letters doesn't make for the qualities of a good writer in my eyes. I think a writer has enough respect to the language in which he writes to use it properly.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 11:57:44

At 8/19/07 10:24 AM, Phantom wrote:
At 8/19/07 08:23 AM, gunground wrote: Welcome :). Alot of people here are 13 or 14 are also in this club, so im sure you'll fit in perfectly. As for me, i am 14, but only have a 6th grade language arts. I don't believe in grammar, using metaphors, and all that stuff, i find that it only brings up many writers blocks. I prefer to do creative writing, and simply add logic to every story i have so it makes sense. You should try it out, works efficeintly for me :).
Are you sure about this guy gun? I know you want to give people a chance but anyone who uses u as in "you" and everyone who uses this internet language and is too fucking lazy to add two more letters doesn't make for the qualities of a good writer in my eyes. I think a writer has enough respect to the language in which he writes to use it properly.

Well of course i use those propertys when im writing, how i do it is i express my views in the story, and then AFTER i review it. Just because i don't like language arts, doesn't mean i don't like writing. how i talk, how i do in school, are all seperate from how i write. Im simply implying that don't judge me by the way i think, judge me by the way i act *read my storys and you shall see*

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 12:50:46

At 8/19/07 11:57 AM, gunground wrote: Well of course i use those propertys when im writing, how i do it is i express my views in the story, and then AFTER i review it. Just because i don't like language arts, doesn't mean i don't like writing. how i talk, how i do in school, are all seperate from how i write. Im simply implying that don't judge me by the way i think, judge me by the way i act *read my storys and you shall see*

I just don't usually approve of abusing a language like that, but if you would show us some of your stories I might change my mind, which reminds I don't recall seeing a link to yours so far. Perhaps you should post them on your profile?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 13:01:18

Also, "Face in the Sand" , now proof read by the great Sentio. Check it out on my profile right now, even he agrees the story is good, and he's in college :P

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 16:50:48

Remember to check out my stories on MyArcadePlanet.com in the literature area. :D

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 17:32:43

you can find my first story i have ever made, on the game called last survivor 1.0 (search for it on newgrounds). Simply load the game, and a journal like format should come out. On the bottom of the "journal" there will be a bunch of "tabs" as shortcuts. Click the "story" tab and read it. It was my first ever story, all of it was mine up until the last parts. Its the best i could do about brain controlling alien crabs :P

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 18:26:57

I see you had your story proof-read already, Phantom, so I won't bother too anymore. Although, you still hav one mistake near the very beginning: You drive in a car not on it. I haven't read much so if there were more mistakes I wouldn't know but there can't be much that's been missed.

Now, I've posted a very short story on my profile page. It is written in the form of a children's story but the subject matter is more mature as it includes drug-use. I wrote it a while ago and it's nothing special.
I'd rather post another story that's longer and newer but copy and pasting from Word Processor loses formatting like italics, which help to make sense of most of my stories by indicating what a character is thinking. I'll work on getting a better story up in due course but for now I hope you all can enjoy 'The Stoner Squirrels of Lollipop Forest'.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 22:15:04

Hey guys, i dont know if i told you about the short story i was working on or not, If i didn't then I here is its. if i did i added more detail to the story. i have had it for a long time

why I live around furries... weird story!

contructive critizem wanted!

The Lack of content here, Is suprising.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-20 01:50:56

So what do you think of my story? Remember, it was my first official story, so go ez on me :D. I've gotten alot better since then.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-20 06:02:50

DID A QUICK STORY AND PUT IT ON MY PROFILE PAGE CHECK IT OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-20 16:04:12

OK I WILL DO THAT BUT BE READY FOR CRITZEM TO HELP YOU ALRIGHT? ALSO PLEASE DO NOT TYPE IN ALL CAPS.

lol

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-20 16:22:20

alrigty flux, done! i read it and you have a comment on your page to help you

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-20 23:53:33

lol. Still no comments on my story yet?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-21 00:04:56

At 8/20/07 11:53 PM, gunground wrote: lol. Still no comments on my story yet?

You are not the only one, my story really only get's one person commenting it.

Common sense isn't so common anymore

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

Fanfiction Page

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-21 03:33:43

well i just commented it now :)

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-21 07:55:22

Man, still no one has commented on my story. Remember Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 are both on my profile. I'd like some feedback before I start working on Chapter 3.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-22 01:34:41

Thats been happening alot

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-22 02:30:08

I'd like to join, my name is Zach, and I'm making a 50 chapter Myth-Fiction story of a boy who is an unknown creature.

I am gay.

WUT MAKES ME A BAD DEMOMAN?! Well... Fuck...

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-22 05:25:53

50 chapter? Talk about big thinking... lol. So your in :). Btw, im wondering, is this book of yours gonna be a series?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-22 08:12:51

finished my second chapter, u can visit my profle to see it, and post constructive comments plz

Love Playing both Comp and Piano. D2 ROX!! Newgrounds ROX!! GG GL HF Keep up good work every1!!

Windows = image ; Mac = ROX!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-22 09:05:22

At 8/22/07 08:12 AM, SupraZerg wrote: finished my second chapter, u can visit my profle to see it, and post constructive comments plz

I hope I could be of help with your work, I have a feeling that if you apply yourself and read enough books by known authors you will get the hang of it better, for inspiration and writing techniques I read King, Twain and Dan Brown as well as some older authors that can show us how books were back in the day, like Dante's "Divine Comedy" you should check out as well as about any good book.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-22 09:58:50

At 8/22/07 09:05 AM, Phantom wrote: Dan Brown.

Dan Brown is an awesome writer. I've never been so engrossed in a book as I was with 'Angels and Demons' which I just finished recently. Every second of that book was brilliant. Apart from maybe one paragraph near the beginning and a small chapter near the end. It was 99.9% amazing!
I think I'm going to get 'Digital Fortress' next, unless someone can recommend otherwise, but I don't think it will surpass 'Angels and Demons'. As well as being fantastic writing, the subject matter was awesome. I loved the science-religion conflict and that twist at the end! That was very, very unexpected and utter genius! I hope I can write a book that good one day.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-23 02:26:16

Hey everyone, sorry I havnt posted anything in awhile but I been really busy with school and trying to hold down a job BUT i have been writing. I started actually rewriting a full lenth script i wrote when i was 14. I'm mainly focusing on that right now cuz no one has replied to my request for an artist. but anyway i might be occupied for a while but be sure to check for anything new just in case i get some free time. Oh and check out the joke i posted on my news page. Heard it from my dad late one evening.

I write stories for life. I sit and i write...Its Quite now... No sound but the pencil on the paper and your thoughts running wild... Is there anything better in the world?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-23 02:26:53

I've been looking Almost everywheres, and i still can't find steven kings world war z. *perhaps its because theres no barnes an nobles where i live*. Has anybody read it yet? Is it good?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-23 06:11:32

At 8/23/07 02:26 AM, gunground wrote: I've been looking Almost everywheres, and i still can't find steven kings world war z. *perhaps its because theres no barnes an nobles where i live*. Has anybody read it yet? Is it good?

Stephen King, it's just pronounced Steven, look under that name, you could always buy the book online.

Also, I have two things to say, I have a project in mind, it will be called "The Aftermath" but before I write it I want to read a couple books to improve my technique so it will be a while, but I assure you it will be good.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-23 09:18:34

Well maybe i could co write :). Im good at action scenes, however i lack the ability to write dialogue. Don't be fooled by how i talk, my writing is alot better. So, how about it? :)

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-23 09:53:14

At 8/23/07 09:18 AM, gunground wrote: Well maybe i could co write :). Im good at action scenes, however i lack the ability to write dialogue. Don't be fooled by how i talk, my writing is alot better. So, how about it? :)

I've co written stories before, but that was long ago, if you would like to do that on a new project I could do that, but a project is big and as classic as I want "The Aftermath" to be, must be done alone. If you come up with a story idea, I could be a co-author in either prose or dialog. Let me know.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-23 10:26:32

So has this club basically replaced Writers Guild or what?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-23 11:09:43

At 8/23/07 10:26 AM, Frenzy wrote: So has this club basically replaced Writers Guild or what?

Officially, no.

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 03:26:03

Finnaly!I found it!The club of my dreams!can i join?eh,im gonna join anyway even if u said no.

The Gentleman. Beating you in everyway.

BBS Signature