00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Slubby383 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writers Club

131,274 Views | 2,267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-16 11:06:44

At 8/16/07 08:08 AM, Schmut wrote: I'll proof-read it for you if you're still looking for someone too. I just added you as a contact on MSN messenger, so message me whenever you get online and I'll get back to you.
I'll be leaving myself online all day, just about, but I won't always be at my computer. If I don't reply for a while it's because I'm off doing something else but otherwise, I'll reply as quickly as possible so you can have this story proof-read and done with.

I didn't see you there at all, maybe something went wrong, give me your e-mail via PM and I'll add you myself and send you the story.

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-16 11:32:31

um, i havent made a story, persay, i made a pretty damn good one in school, as well as many others in school, and currently i am writing a book in my free time, its gonna be pretty big as far as length goes, i cant reall remember any details regarrding how much ive done, so here goes:
years: about 9
flash: 0
real life: whatever ive done in school and when im done with the book im working on.

real life name: Alex

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-16 11:42:40

Huzzah! An Alex joined ;D. I've read parts of his story, and there very good. So yeah. Last time I checked there were about 4 chapters.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-16 15:13:05

Nice story Zodir.

To be or not to be....

You get the idea.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-16 17:15:21

Thanks. The fighting doesn't really start until chapter 2. I'll post it ASAP!

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-16 21:05:09

At 8/16/07 11:06 AM, Phantom wrote: I didn't see you there at all, maybe something went wrong, give me your e-mail via PM and I'll add you myself and send you the story.

Odd, I copy and pasted your email into it so there shouldn't be a problem.
I'll PM you my address now but I won't be able to read it tonight because it's already late and I have a driving lesson in the morning. Also, I live in Britain so we may have a time difference. Just send it to me whenever and I'll read it through as thoroughly and is propmtly as possible.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-17 00:29:52

At 8/14/07 09:00 PM, gunground wrote: Poetry,short storys, and synopsises are very encouraged throughout the club. However, i will allow music lyrics making, however i frown upon it since it has very little to do with writing

some say its harder to write a song then anything else. Although i see what you mean. And it would be hard to capture the emotion by just reading it over the computer. It has to be performed to be understood.

I write stories for life. I sit and i write...Its Quite now... No sound but the pencil on the paper and your thoughts running wild... Is there anything better in the world?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-17 01:00:09

I posted a chapter of Scary Empty Towns on MyArcadePlanet.com
http://www.myarcadeplanet.com/home/showt hread.php?t=1645

And here's The Schlachter Project:
http://www.myarcadeplanet.com/home/showt hread.php?t=1525

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-17 01:24:06

Monkeyv was banned for a week, so he won't be on. Just as a heads up to everyone.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-17 06:13:29

Written story too! plz read it & post some comments to help me finish it!
Click Here to go to the Story

Its medieval-oriented, where a guy is the hero and...

Love Playing both Comp and Piano. D2 ROX!! Newgrounds ROX!! GG GL HF Keep up good work every1!!

Windows = image ; Mac = ROX!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-17 08:11:54

Not a bad story. I'm assuming the Black Knight is the main villian, and somehow connected to the main characters past. But a good intro nevertheless.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-17 19:13:47

At 8/17/07 08:11 AM, Zodir wrote: Not a bad story. I'm assuming the Black Knight is the main villian, and somehow connected to the main characters past. But a good intro nevertheless.

I liked it also. Medieval is one of my favorite genres :).

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-17 23:23:24

At 8/14/07 09:00 PM, gunground wrote: Poetry,short storys, and synopsises are very encouraged throughout the club. However, i will allow music lyrics making, however i frown upon it since it has very little to do with writing

if you ask me, i think song lyrics IS poetry.

:been gone for weeks. sry :(

also monkey, thanks for marking me as "mature" cuz i just thought it was me! :) XD

The Lack of content here, Is suprising.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-17 23:25:52

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-17 23:29:26

sry for double post, but sry wrong name but thats shumck (did i get that right?)

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-17 23:32:27

At 8/17/07 01:24 AM, gunground wrote: Monkeyv was banned for a week, so he won't be on.

What did he do?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-18 05:21:58

Since no one has yet bothered to do as I asked I was forced to release an unproof read version of my story, it is on my profile page, check it out, if some one has any comments you are more than welcome, unless you're an ass about it.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-18 09:33:10

Awesome story Phantom! I'm not much into love type stories, but every good story needs some romance, that's the only reason I'm putting one in mine. Your story was very well written, and you definately got a grasp for character devolopement. I'm not much for love stories, but this one was really good. I only have one question. What does the title "Face in the Sand" have to do with the story?

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-18 10:55:28

I had also thought about putting love into this story, and thought that you peeps would help me a bit in the comments, but seems you didn't.
please, post constructive comments

Love Playing both Comp and Piano. D2 ROX!! Newgrounds ROX!! GG GL HF Keep up good work every1!!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-18 11:11:38

Ok, since you want some constructive criticism, I'll give it to you. My one complaint was the fact that the dilouge (is that spelled right?) was kind of choppy. And also you used dashes instead of quotation marks.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-18 11:43:39

At 8/18/07 09:33 AM, Zodir wrote: Awesome story Phantom! I'm not much into love type stories, but every good story needs some romance, that's the only reason I'm putting one in mine. Your story was very well written, and you definately got a grasp for character devolopement. I'm not much for love stories, but this one was really good. I only have one question. What does the title "Face in the Sand" have to do with the story?

Well I'm glad you liked it, and as for the title, it's metaphorical for how people solve problems by procrastinating them and not solving them on time only causing more problems, much like a scared ostrich buries its head in the ground.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-18 12:38:22

Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I can see that you have a lot of talent. If you go professional, you could make a lot of money.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-18 13:16:54

At 8/18/07 12:38 PM, Zodir wrote: Ok, thanks for clearing that up for me. I can see that you have a lot of talent. If you go professional, you could make a lot of money.

It's flattering you should think so, but I was hoping one day, when I have enough short stories, to try and get them published in their own small book, large novels are fun to read, too hard to make, I'm better at shorter stories that have a less twisted plot and get the point in under 72 hours of reading. I was hoping to make my next story about friendship (love is so cliche now) but if I make it too serious it's "Pearl Harbor" if I make it too slacky it's "Clerks" I just can't think of a balance between the two, any ideas?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-18 13:29:14

Alright, after weeks and weeks of tweeking and photoshopping, i have made a banner for the writers club. It may not be the greatest, but i honestly think it will be a nice addition from now on. I would show you it, however i am having some trouble switching it from bmp to Jif for some strange reason. So by ether monday or tuesday, i will release the final draft of our new banner.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-18 18:32:48

FINALLY

New chapter up. If you feel like reading it, make sure you read the others, however poorly done they are, or it won't make sense (at all).

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-18 21:29:39

Pretty good. You got some good storys there :)

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 05:55:32

ya im a pretty good writer none in the flash catagory tho all my stories and plays have been rated A- in the a.c.t.s compotitians i dont know if im good compared 2 some of u guy but then agine im only 13 but im sure im somewhere on yalls level im pulling in at an 11th grade avrage in english tho so what do u say?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 07:43:29

At 8/18/07 11:11 AM, Zodir wrote: Ok, since you want some constructive criticism, I'll give it to you. My one complaint was the fact that the dilouge (is that spelled right?) was kind of choppy. And also you used dashes instead of quotation marks.

I thought It would be easier to read using dahes, and I'm not very experienced in Diagolue-Writing, so...

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 08:23:19

Welcome :). Alot of people here are 13 or 14 are also in this club, so im sure you'll fit in perfectly. As for me, i am 14, but only have a 6th grade language arts. I don't believe in grammar, using metaphors, and all that stuff, i find that it only brings up many writers blocks. I prefer to do creative writing, and simply add logic to every story i have so it makes sense. You should try it out, works efficeintly for me :).

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-19 09:07:55

Hey everyone! I've finally finished Chapter 2 of my story! It's now posted on my profile! Click here to read it.

Godzilla Film Fan Club