00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Animatorlover25 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writers Club

131,271 Views | 2,267 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 07:31:24

At 8/24/07 03:26 AM, jackripperz wrote: Finnaly!I found it!The club of my dreams!can i join?eh,im gonna join anyway even if u said no.

ROFL, if you did that we'd call the mods, but before we say anything, how about an example of your work and a test to see if you can use the English language as it should be used (meaning show us some of your work and more more "Internet dumbass" talk).

Elite Guard Barracks Former 3IC

NG Dept. of Defense Chief Sup. Commander/Ball buster.

I live in Israel:...Whooptie-fucking-doo.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 08:29:31

At 8/23/07 02:26 AM, gunground wrote: I've been looking Almost everywheres, and i still can't find steven kings world war z. *perhaps its because theres no barnes an nobles where i live*. Has anybody read it yet? Is it good?

Stephen King didn't write it. =/ Max Brooks did
http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?
id=3879585458828&isbn=0307346609

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 08:31:34

Lol. Phantom, no offense but i gotta give you a warning for flaming. This is what, the 16th time you've posted that? :p. Sorry, but rules are rules.

Don't worry, since your a vip, you have 5 warnings unlike the others who have 3 til they get banned from the club. Just please leave those comments to yourself.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 08:55:30

At 8/24/07 08:31 AM, gunground wrote: Lol. Phantom, no offense but i gotta give you a warning for flaming. This is what, the 16th time you've posted that? :p. Sorry, but rules are rules.

That's just who I am, Bruce Dickinson once wrote:
" know what I want
And I say what I want
And no one can take it away". And that's just me

Don't worry, since your a vip, you have 5 warnings unlike the others who have 3 til they get banned from the club. Just please leave those comments to yourself.

Allow me to convince you otherwise: I MAY be flaming a bit but that's just "writer's Sarcasm" that everyone develops over time, anyone who can be flamed and flame back as intelligently is worthy enough to enter the club, thus I consider it one of the most simple yet most effective trials of entry to the club to keep it clean and intelligent. I have or had a major role in 3 of NG's biggest clubs including the EGB, Mafia and NGDD (The new thread), and in everyone my aggressive yet constructive and compassionate style has led me to greatness. You can ask Ghost, the leader of the mafia abouf it, you can ask EagleRock who runs the Elite Guard Barracks or Wylo of the NGDD and they will all say my aggressive style is at times rough but has only contributed to the club all in all. The EGB is nearly 800 pages long and I've been there since page 4, would like to be as big one day, then I must simply have a little Censorship free right of expression. After all, how can one support such blunt Censorship and still be called an author?

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 09:10:52

At 8/24/07 08:55 AM, Phantom wrote: intelligently.

Here, here! Well done.
We could all do without the "4 da ppl, U R gr8" sort of talk. I have a problem with it wherever it's used but especially in a "Writers Club". I agree with Phantom in full and furthermore, I do not believe he was flaming. Yes, he did say "internet dumbass speak" but that's very much what it has become. It isn't necessary to draught a post in short hand. Even if it were, it should be edited to full length text before being posted. Because we're in a writer's club, it should be good practice to write words in full and it is certainly good etiquette to always do this.
There are, of course, exceptions when people are allowed to write in short-hand but these exceptions don't apply to forums on the internet. It may be a hard habit for some people to get rid of but when in a Writer's Club, full spelling and grammar ought to be encouraged and this short-hand plague of language ought to be slowly irradicated.

Now, business. Anybody got any tips for someone wanting to write a comedy screenplay? Comedy seems to be my weakness and I really want to develop my ability to write it. So, any tips?

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 10:24:12

Cool!This is he best thing that has happened to me!I wont to join people:

How many years have you been writing:2 years
How many flash story's you have written:1-the Agents,2-Love in the world,3-Team Extreme
How many real life story's you have written:1-School life,2-Life time,3-Monika
And your name (optional):Asen Stefanov Danchev!

Ok!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 14:10:20

Fine, as a Added rule, internet talk is frowned upon. I understand your dilema phantom, however the writers club wasn't made just for you. As long as they contribute to the clan, internet talk or not, they are welcome. After all, this is also a place to train ones self in the power of literature.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 14:50:36

Im soon going to be done whit the story im writing.But tommorow im going to another city so im not sure when can i give you a sample of my work!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 15:44:18

At 8/24/07 10:24 AM, Marsoto wrote: Cool!This is he best thing that has happened to me!I wont to join people:

welcome to the club!
oh and hi everybody, im back.

and about the internet talk thing you guys are talking about, prohibition is a good idea in my eyes.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 17:03:28

I agree with Phantom, I mean it is a WRITER'S CLUB, so you kind of need an understanding of the proper use of English if you want to succeed. I mean famous authors don't use Interner slang in their books. I beleive you should use proper English in the forum, or maybe you should just leave if it pains you so much to type two more letters to write 'you' or 'OH MY GOD!' etc.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 17:22:59

No comments on my furry story? that makes me sad...

Its WAY better then my contest entry!

Also

I have been advertiseing this this club lately in general and my news page, i dont know why... most likely cause it rules!

does this club help people who want to write but never had before? (I call them aspiring writers) I would help there!

The Lack of content here, Is suprising.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-24 18:18:22

New blog on my profile, check it out for my weirdest day ever. Also, don't blame yourself Gun, everyrone eventually submits to my demands. I can't sleep and I have another event on Saturday, remember the time here now is 1:20 AM...

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-25 19:12:30

Of course we help aspiring writers in our tequniques. Thats one of the major things this club is about. Also, a good place to train up a bit is the writers guild. I find visiting them once in while beneficial when i get writers block.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-25 23:39:22

Cool, because every day, I find people "which the force flows strongy though" and i point them here.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-26 02:57:23

I have great news, as a result of the people I met on Friday (read the latest news in my profile) I have met a person whose father owns a small but working publishing company, which really inspired me to write a lot more and just hand it out to him, but I'll force myself to read more in order to improve, which means I better finish "Cell" already. Hurrah.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-26 08:54:30

That is so cool! You could get your short stories published! If you ever get a book published, tell me what it's called and I would so buy it! Man, that is cool.

P.S. I'd like some comments on Chapter 2 before I start on Chapter 3. It's on my profile.

Godzilla Film Fan Club

Proud Demon residing in the METAL HELL!

Lay down your soul for the god's rock n' roll!

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-26 10:43:18

At 8/26/07 08:54 AM, Zodir wrote: That is so cool! You could get your short stories published! If you ever get a book published, tell me what it's called and I would so buy it! Man, that is cool.

Now calm down there lad, your expectations are higher than my own, I might get a small book published which I'd have to pay for of course and it wouldn't be sold everywhere and it will only come with due time, not for now. I want to get some more done before I talk to the guy. And I'm working on comments for your chapter.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-26 11:27:52

I too got good news. A friend of mine is having her second story published! The story is named "i am a nobody", however she is not sure if shes gonna publish worldwide, however it will most likely be nation wide.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-26 11:43:32

At 8/26/07 11:27 AM, gunground wrote: I too got good news. A friend of mine is having her second story published! The story is named "i am a nobody", however she is not sure if shes gonna publish worldwide, however it will most likely be nation wide.

And said nation is...?

My PSN: Obilisk745

"Remember, licking doorknobs is illegal on other planets."

Add me on Steam! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-26 13:58:12

The U.S.A.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-26 17:27:22

hey I just notice something... I thought I am part of the club but I never really did the sign up thing, so here it is. he he he... -_-'

How many years have you been writing: 3/4 (aspiring and improving every chance I get!)
How many flash story's you have written: 0
How many real life story's you have written: 0 , I like writing sci-fi / fantasy.
your name: I would tell you, but my mom is very intertent secure, so you can call me by my charater name, Axin ( Axe - sin )

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-26 18:05:20

At 8/26/07 01:58 PM, gunground wrote: The U.S.A.

Snap. Just...snap.

I couldn't do professional writing anyway. I have the attention span of a rodent. I'll be working on something, then a great idea pops into my head, then I start on it, leaving my other work behind for later, then another great idea pops into my head...You get the idea.

Also, most of my stories would be novels in a short stories body. Er, book.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-26 18:14:29

i have the same problem centurian. Thats why i stick with flash storys. Flash storys are short, and are only 1 or 2 pages long, yet they still pass as storys.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-26 22:47:54

At 8/26/07 06:05 PM, Centurion-Ryan wrote:

a great idea pops into my head, then I start on it, leaving my other work behind for later, then another great idea pops into my head...You get the idea.

i belive you could fix that,

when that happens, doument the new idea for later, but finish what your doing first.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-27 02:15:31

As far as writing goes, I'm just plain lucky, yesterday while enjoying some adult only content, I came up with a brilliant idea for a story, I've put on paper the general idea and titled it: "Killers". But I won't dare start it before I finish "Cell" and learn a thing or two from King.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-27 06:48:49

At 8/26/07 10:47 PM, naruto-ninja999 wrote:
a great idea pops into my head, then I start on it, leaving my other work behind for later, then another great idea pops into my head...You get the idea.

when that happens, doument the new idea for later, but finish what your doing first.

I don't think thats what he mean't naruto. I think he means that he does in fact do that, but he totally loses interest in that subject to go on to another.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-27 07:58:39

At 8/27/07 06:48 AM, gunground wrote:
At 8/26/07 10:47 PM, naruto-ninja999 wrote:

I don't think thats what he mean't naruto. I think he means that he does in fact do that, but he totally loses interest in that subject to go on to another.

Bingo. I regain interest in it at a later stage, usually. Or, because I feel that I goof off too much and am obliged to finish it.

BBS Signature

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-27 08:37:44

Not been writing recently. School takes a lot out of me. x.x

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-27 09:39:07

Wednesday i go back to the torture house (school). So i'm gonna need a secondary leader. The candidates show yourselves, and i will pick the winner.

Response to Writers Club 2007-08-27 11:36:43

At 8/27/07 09:39 AM, gunground wrote: Wednesday i go back to the torture house (school). So i'm gonna need a secondary leader. The candidates show yourselves, and i will pick the winner.

I myself will be going back in Sunday, but I reckon I'll have more time than you so I'd be happy to do the job, what thou say?

BBS Signature