00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Rvillarreal123 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,894,865 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 16:58:43

At 4/3/07 04:57 PM, ShirtTurtle wrote: OH MY GAWD!
where is that from?

RE: In Russia...

I seem to remember "In Russia, CAR drives YOU!" The most. I don't know what it's from, if anyone knows or remembers I'd love it :D

wew

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 17:02:35

Re: Russian Reversal

First time I ever saw it was on family guy, "In Soviet Russia, car drives you!"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_Soviet_Russia

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 18:35:51

Kid Koala

I thought Luis might like to know that I downloaded his discography the other day and I am in love with it. I have had Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CD) for a little while now, but after I saw that Basin Street Blues post on your blog I had to get more. Turntablism is very impressive, and being a "DJ" myself I appreciate what he can do all the more.

Yay, lets do a collab.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 18:37:08

Mac VS PC

At 4/2/07 07:40 PM, pixelz wrote: Mac VS PC

I know that title may have been done before, but what I am trying to ask is, does anyone here have a mac and pc and tried flash on both and which one was better. I think I may get a mac...

I'm getting to use Mac's at my school in Network Admin and I must say they have nice interface. I think Flash is better on the Mac's but I'm not sure, I do believe that you can have all the panels float with ease and it won't be much off a problem.
I do plan on getting one and putting Flash, Photoshop and any other nifty program on there. They're really nifty once you get the hang of them but if your heavily into gaming then your range gets limited a bit but I plan on having both a PC, Mac and maybe have a PC running Linux.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 18:41:08

TV
Do you think it desensitizes you to normal life? Do you feel like normal life is too blah now that the mass media is so... mass media?

Hi there!

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 19:06:28

At 4/3/07 05:06 PM, ShirtTurtle wrote: Out of all the shows on the list i only recognise the futurama one.
How dissapointing :(
I was thinking of a funny movie i had forgotten or something.

The only one I've heard is the last on the list.

:U

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 19:22:15

At 4/3/07 07:18 PM, caseyo wrote: mac vs pc

i use macs, i love macs, i reccomend macs.

i've used both and thats what i prefer. :D

I approve this message! :)

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 19:25:50

In Russia

At 4/3/07 05:02 PM, DonutMaster wrote: First time I ever saw it was on family guy, "In Soviet Russia, car drives you!"

No. I knew it was a parody of Yakov Smirnoff. But I know I've heard "In Russia rocket rides you" from somewhere specifically.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 19:26:19

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 19:52:39

Kirk, I miss you. You don't seem to come around as much any more. Teh Buttsecks?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 20:55:22

Song of the week

I was thinking about something, and do you guys think it would be cool to have a weekly song download contributed by one of the regs? Like I'll just make a link and replace it every week with a song that someone gives to me. Why? Well i love expanding my music playlist and being open minded about music actually really gets your mojo going creatively so in an abstract way it IS flash related? yay? nay? maybay?
We can just start up a queue list of the people involved and each monday or whatever it will be whoever is on the list turn to contribute a song for the week.. at the end of the week the next person would send their song over to me ill host THAT for the week etc etc... it maybe something to look forward to for once on this thread...

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 20:58:30

At 4/3/07 08:55 PM, Luis wrote: Song of the week

Sounds like a good idea. Music is a great motivator and listening to different music could spark some new idea's. I support it.

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 21:15:51

Song of the Week

I love mixing and matching music with my friends, it's interesting to see what different people are into - it's usually stuff I can't imagine them listening to at all. Lord knows I've got loads of music to share so I think it'd be pretty cool if we got a little swap going or something.

always behind schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 21:25:00

At 4/3/07 09:14 PM, BritishMoose wrote:
At 4/3/07 08:55 PM, Luis wrote: Song of the week
What happened to the animator's challenge of the week?

Yeah

And the song of the week sounds good, would this be in a thread of its own then? I assume it would be, don't know why I asked.

Whoa its me!

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 21:32:29

At 4/3/07 06:41 PM, jmtb02 wrote: TV
Do you think it desensitizes you to normal life? Do you feel like normal life is too blah now that the mass media is so... mass media?

I think life would be a whole lot different without tv, for sure. People might get things done and live happier and not constantly be subjected to violence, stupid humor, and ads. As far as desensitization, I'm not so sure, I mean if I saw someone kill themselves in real life, or someone get shot, or beat, or something like that, which is actually pretty common to tv, I think it'd still be horrific...if that's what you meant.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:00:33

Tv

funny that its brought up, earlier today i had my nephew at my house and he was bugging me if he could play my gears of war.. and i told him its not rated for kids his age (hes 7) and to that he responded, so what my mom lets me play rated t games and rated m... i played halo 2 and my mom says its ok.. you have this sniper rifle and this sword and you chop these guys heads off.. lol i found that mildly amusing. I actually think game ratings are bullshit but at the same time you have to sort of think of kids these days and how lifelike games are... back when i was a kid it was shit like mario and zelda which were so fantasy driven that it never even dawned on me to apply it to life.. these days you have stuff like Bully and other games where rather than jumping on goomba's your out trying to get some pussy.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:02:16

Song of the Week

I'm having some trouble understanding this. So the song would be for inspiration purposes not use in a flash? I thought you were suggesting everyone supplied a song to be used in a flash, like something they made...which seems pretty tough when I'd say most people don't have that kind of ability.

Anyway, it doesn't seem like a half bad idea. But if everyone is just sharing songs they like it sounds like a lot of shitty songs. I mean just look at "pop music". It's all crap.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:14:38

At 4/3/07 10:02 PM, MethodMinus wrote: Anyway, it doesn't seem like a half bad idea. But if everyone is just sharing songs they like it sounds like a lot of shitty songs. I mean just look at "pop music". It's all crap.

What you might think is crap, someone else might think is good. Also, nobody is forcing you to download it, set it to repeat and listen to it nonstop for the rest of the week. If you don't like it, delete it from your computer and continue listening to what you were listening to before.

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:31:23

Yeah, but pop music has done some pretty nasty things to classic songs. Like, I start looking around for songs like "Mr. Lonely," and I get about 100 results for the Rap Akon version, and 2 for the Bobby Vinton original. Plus, all of it is kinda monotonous. Sex, Drugs, Killing... All I hear from that crap.

LAWLZARZ I am teh uber l33t pwnzor lawn ya nubs can't spank dis even wit teh hax yaheer?!? ROFLMAO

The Letter "F"

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:32:50

At 4/3/07 10:14 PM, Vengeance wrote: What you might think is crap, someone else might think is good.

Doesn't make it any less crappy. I'd feel obliged to educate the less informed on what good music truly is.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:38:32

At 4/3/07 10:32 PM, MethodMinus wrote: Doesn't make it any less crappy. I'd feel obliged to educate the less informed on what good music truly is.

Music is a completely opinionated topic. What you might think is good music is most likely completely different to what I think is good music.
Anyway, take a look in most of the flash regs profiles, we really don't listen to pop music.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:41:59

At 4/3/07 10:00 PM, Luis wrote: Tv
found that mildly amusing. I actually think game ratings are bullshit but at the same time you have to sort of think of kids these days and how lifelike games are... back when i was a kid it was shit like mario and zelda which were so fantasy driven that it never even dawned on me to apply it to life.. these days you have stuff like Bully and other games where rather than jumping on goomba's your out trying to get some pussy.

Yeah it's wierd how games are getting more and more into "real life." Like gta and bully, and even the sims(though its not a bad influence. Older games were all about just fantasy. Zelda, Mario, Starfox. And as games become more and more lifelike, it seems more and more immoral for 10 year olds to be blowing people's heads off. But then there's the other side of me that says what the hell its fun.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:42:51

well the new thread is up... it'll change every tuesday.. some tuesdays youll love it some you wont but thats life.

-L

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:51:01

At 4/3/07 10:42 PM, Luis wrote: well the new thread is up... it'll change every tuesday.. some tuesdays youll love it some you wont but thats life.

-L

Oh hey I just had a completely awesome idea! You know what else would be good to do weekly?

...and animation challenge. I know you put them on hold, but come on please, they're fun and not that hard to make.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:51:06

TV

At 4/3/07 06:41 PM, jmtb02 wrote: Do you think it desensitizes you to normal life? Do you feel like normal life is too blah now that the mass media is so... mass media?

YES! I don't have cable in my house anymore. I feel that too many people put too much time into their tv's.

TimeGames.net - It's about time.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:56:19

At 4/3/07 07:25 PM, MethodMinus wrote: In Russia
At 4/3/07 05:02 PM, DonutMaster wrote: First time I ever saw it was on family guy, "In Soviet Russia, car drives you!"

No. I knew it was a parody of Yakov Smirnoff. But I know I've heard "In Russia rocket rides you" from somewhere specifically.

Perhaps from the Super Soviet Missile Mastar game that is part of AH or something?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 22:58:31

At 4/3/07 10:54 PM, BritishMoose wrote: New Cartoon

I'm not whoring it off or anything, but check out my new cartoon (it's right here) .

Quite a few regs are in the special thanks :)

Haha, the last oine is by far the best. Great job.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 23:12:02

At 4/3/07 10:54 PM, BritishMoose wrote: New Cartoon

I'm not whoring it off or anything, but check out my new cartoon (it's right here) .

RE: New Cartoon

Lol. Seriously, I enjoyed myself while watching that and actually laughed.

I never laugh.

:(

wew

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 23:43:44

Mona Lisa in MS Paint

At first I thought it was going to be some joke, but this is awesome.

Go Watch it

Its just amazing to see ms paint used to its full potential.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-03 23:44:12

Games

At 4/3/07 10:00 PM, Luis wrote: these days you have stuff like Bully and other games where rather than jumping on goomba's your out trying to get some pussy.

Well it certainly isn't what the media was making it out to be, Bully that is. If anything, I think Bully would be a positive influence on kids, not that kids should even be playing it. Though whether they should or shouldn't they do. You'll notice most posts having to do with GTA are swarming with 12-14 year olds.

At least with Bully the under lying message is fight the system, or something along those lines. Think for yourself, go against cliques. All good messages. And if some pasty face kid decides that he should get his ass off the couch and start chasing some tail then all the better.

At 4/3/07 10:41 PM, Coaly wrote: Yeah it's wierd how games are getting more and more into "real life." Like gta and bully, and even the sims(though its not a bad influence.

First, you never closed your parenthesis, for shame. Second, it's not the games that influence the player it is the other way around. These games only puts the power in your hands. For me, if I got bored trying to get my Sims to climb the corporate ladder I would make them have dramatic lesbian love affairs(that heart-shape bed left little to the imagination) and sometimes I would have my Sims commit suicide(sometimes murder and suicide).

Yielding any responsibility to the video games is pretty much like agreeing with Hilary and the other political nuts. Anything to take the responsibility away from the parents. It is the parents job to regulate what their kids see, or at least develop them into stable human beings who can handle these concepts. GTA did not invent the idea of killing hookers and stealing their money(which for some reason the media will focus on) they just put the power in your hands to do so.