00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

PsyKing77 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Flash 'Reg' Lounge

2,901,224 Views | 60,179 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 00:16:56

At 4/3/07 11:44 PM, MethodMinus wrote:
At 4/3/07 10:41 PM, Coaly wrote: Yeah it's wierd how games are getting more and more into "real life." Like gta and bully, and even the sims(though its not a bad influence.
First, you never closed your parenthesis, for shame.

Are you that grammar freak I remember from previous threads? Its retarded to correct grammar on a forum, especially the newgrounds bbs.

Second, it's not the games that influence the player it is the other way around.

I think its a combination of both. I mean little ass of a kid would love to beat kids with a bat in bully, but wouldn't it at least put the idea, the image, the feel into the head of any kid that did it in a game? Yes, the answer is yes.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 00:17:13

Da Vinci in Drag

At 4/4/07 12:05 AM, ShirtTurtle wrote: wow...
my hats off to the artist.
He used a very different technique in paint. lots of layers.
interesting....

I wasn't too impressed. People will talk about MSPaint like it's completely awful but once you get used to it, with a steady hand, you can do just about as much as any other problem, it's just a hassle.

Remind me of AGH and he crazy layered flash paintings. With a good eye and enough time on your hands these things are not hard to make.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 00:24:36

At 4/4/07 12:16 AM, Coaly wrote: Are you that grammar freak I remember from previous threads? Its retarded to correct grammar on a forum, especially the newgrounds bbs.

I don't think so. If you wouldn't tell from my "for shame" I was being very light-hearted. Besides, parenthesis are punctuation not grammar.

I think its a combination of both. I mean little ass of a kid would love to beat kids with a bat in bully, but wouldn't it at least put the idea, the image, the feel into the head of any kid that did it in a game? Yes, the answer is yes.

Now this is where I would school you on grammar. Half of that is one very hard to understand sentence. I have next to no idea what you're trying to say. All I can say is that you can't come out and say "this is how it is and that's all there is to it". You just come off as either ignorant or arrogant. Even if you busted out a list of source material you can't really say something anything is for sure. I would analyze the rest of your statement if I had any idea about what you were getting at.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 00:25:15

At 4/4/07 12:17 AM, MethodMinus wrote: Da Vinci in Drag
I wasn't too impressed

Come on, I don't even believe you weren't impressed.

With a good eye and enough time on your hands these things are not hard to make.

...yeah so he has a good eye and he took two and a half hours to make an awesome replica of the mona lisa...in MS paint, which is notoriously a lacking program...that's impressive...

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 00:34:56

At 4/4/07 12:24 AM, MethodMinus wrote:
At 4/4/07 12:16 AM, Coaly wrote:

I think its a combination of both. A mean little kid would love to beat kids with a bat in the video game Bully (the person effecting the game), but wouldn't it at least put the idea, the image, or the feel into the head of any kid that did anything violent in a game(the game effecting the person)? Yes, the answer is yes.

there, is that more understandable?

All I can say is that you can't come out and say "this is how it is and that's all there is to it".

well I don't think that the statement that 'an image would be left in a child's brain of killing someone if that child did it in a video game' is disputable...

I would analyze the rest of your statement if I had any idea about what you were getting at.

Well feel free to not analyze anything I say, whether you get it or not.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 01:01:52

At 4/4/07 12:34 AM, Coaly wrote:
At 4/4/07 12:24 AM, MethodMinus wrote:
At 4/4/07 12:16 AM, Coaly wrote:
I think its a combination of both. A mean little kid would love to beat kids with a bat in the video game Bully (the person effecting the game), but wouldn't it at least put the idea, the image, or the feel into the head of any kid that did anything violent in a game(the game effecting the person)? Yes, the answer is yes.

there, is that more understandable?

Sadly, not really. If I'm getting this right, you're saying a mean kid would love to beat kids with a bat in a game and the same kid who would love to do that only got the idea put in his head after playing the game. If he wanted to do it already then how was the idea put in his head by the game?

Either way, you're pretty much describing two different kids. Kid A is the kid who is already disturbed and gets off to infliction pain on others and vents his frustration with not being able to do so with video games. Then Kid B, who is sheltered and extremely impressionable who sees something in a video game that somehow scars his consciousness, which is ridiculous. It's not like he was playing Resident Evil 4 and sees Leon Kennedy get his head cut off. He controls the actions. If he didn't want to see a person get beat up with a bat, he could've run away...the player has the choice.

well I don't think that the statement that 'an image would be left in a child's brain of killing someone if that child did it in a video game' is disputable...

Everything is disputable. Now THAT'S a fact. I think that may be the fundamental problem with your arguments. I mean, I can only assume you are basing your assumption on your own personal experiences, which could be greatly different from another's.

Wouldn't make it much of a discussion. It's just friendly criticism. You're free to take it as a grain of salt.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 01:11:40

At 4/4/07 01:01 AM, MethodMinus wrote: said a lot of stuff about what I said

but you still didn't understand what I said...
Any ordinary kid playing a video game and making someone hit another person with a baseball bat will have that image or feeling or whatever in his head.

I said

Everything is disputable. Now THAT'S a fact. I think that may be the fundamental problem with your arguments. I mean, I can only assume you are basing your assumption on your own personal experiences, which could be greatly different from another's.

If a child saw someone get killed in a game that image would be in his head. What part of that is disputable?

Wouldn't make it much of a discussion. It's just friendly criticism. You're free to take it as a grain of salt.

yeah I was going to delete that last line, cause its pretty mean, but i forgot and hit post.

My point is that violence children see in games stays with them, whether it makes them violent or to what degree i'm not going to try to comment on.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 03:38:06

Just to back up Coaly, I haven't read this arguement or anything.

But watching someone do something, activates the same sensors in the brain as if you were actually doing it (I watch nova sometimes sue me)
Its why when you're with someone, and they watch basketball, they want to go play basketball.

They've basically been playing basketball in their head, and want to continue it this time through their muscles.
And like, if you watch first decent, you want to be up at the mountains, your brain has been doing what you've been watching.

This is also what makes people with autism so odd, they don't have this brain activity

So now I'm not saying that after a child kills someone in a videogame, they want to go kill someone, but they've had the activity in the brain that they've actually done it, leaving muscle memory and more than likely an image of it.

Holy shit I knew something relevant to a subject. Also if this is about cencorship I'm not down with that

I'm cool now... Right guys?... Guys?

Art Thread So I don't Lose It >:(

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 05:54:49

At 4/4/07 12:55 AM, ShirtTurtle wrote: You will be dearly missed.
<3

Ahahaha, noob.
Also both you and vengeance have just leveled up, or at least i only just noticed vengeance. cause the day after he leveled up he went straight back down a level. Doncha hate it when you need 1 exp to level up?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 05:56:30

At 4/4/07 05:54 AM, fuzz wrote: Doncha hate it when you need 1 exp to level up?

Yes :( I went to level 13, then down to 12 in a matter of 10 minutes. DAMN YOU PIMP! DAMN YOU!!!

I'm back to 13 now though :D

========|| WWWWWWWW>[-[Blog] - [Audio] - [Userpage] - [Flash] - [Last.fm]-]<WWWWWWWW ||========

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 06:51:06

At 4/3/07 10:32 PM, MethodMinus wrote: Doesn't make it any less crappy. I'd feel obliged to educate the less informed on what good music truly is.

I'm sorry, but I really hate people who claim they have to teach the world what "real music" is. Music is constantly evolving, and we all have different tastes, so just because you listen to the old greats it doesn't mean you are musically superior to those who listen to mainstream rap or whatever. Music is different for everyone, and everyone likes different genres, so stop being so full of yourself and accept that not everyone likes your kind of music.

just because I used the word "you" in there doesn't mean that it's directed to you, rather to anyone who matches the description I provided

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 06:59:10

RE: New Cartoon

You gave this entry a 5, raising its score from 3.6064 to 3.6116! :D

LOL it was very funny. I'd <3 to see more :D

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 07:11:10

New Cartoon

Awesome. I fived it, i'll review later ;). I remember you showing me abit of this a while ago ;). Thanks for the mention :).

You've broken your hand you idiot >:D.

Mona Lisa in paint

Reminds me of the drawing of the car in Paint. Anyway, nice work, nice find ;).

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 10:42:43

Violent games

if someone here was to make a 'cop killing simulator' here on NG do you think Jack Thompson would sue you?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 12:05:03

At 4/4/07 10:42 AM, Lord-Sonx wrote: Violent games

if someone here was to make a 'cop killing simulator' here on NG do you think Jack Thompson would sue you?

Well if that did happen, I wonder what would come of it...I mean sueing a kid for making a video game that could have a bad influence on kids like him...well it'd be interesting at least.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 12:19:23

At 4/4/07 10:42 AM, Lord-Sonx wrote: Violent games

Its hard for people to sue if theres no monetary gain being made... I think the only way he 'could' sue someone is if it like visibly and deliberately tarnished his name or something...
and even still it would be a stretch if it was just some stupid kid who decided to twist peoples nipples with a game like that.

None

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 12:27:48

Song of the Week (not to be confused with Sig of the Week)

So Luis, where's this song topic?

And how can we get or suggestions hosted?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 12:37:37

RE: Mona Lisa MS Paint Style

Ah, that was pretty astonishing to watch. Especially since it practically looked exactly like the regular version Leonardo DaVinci painted. It's either they had photogenic memory, or maybe he was looking at a reference image.

It was pretty amazing to watch how a very low-based program like MS Paint can give a person the opportunity to make something like that just by the materials given. I wouldn't wast so much time in Paint though, Its fun like doodling in it during computers class if you don't want to do your work, but the rest for me stays in flash (:

Days Off

Don't you just love them? Days off! Ahah, yeah I stayed home today from school. Last night I was feeling a bit sick, I don't know why. So I woke up around 5am in the morning and I still felt sick to my stomach, than I crashed back out until 6 [when I was suppose to get a shower] and I just told my mom let me sleep until 7, since school is only a few minutes after that.

Later on, it's around 7:14 and I tell my mom I felt sick, because I did -- and I don't remember much after that, I just fell back to sleep. Than I woke up around 12, and she let me stay home. aha.

I took way too much off of school though due to medical reasons and just being lazy. I gotta get my act together before the end of the year. heh.

Well here's a brighter side SPRING BREAK!

Spring Break

What are you guys planning on doing during spring break? Tomorrow's my last day of school, it's a half day than we are dismissed for a whole week off, not including weekends. We have Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off! (:

But afterwards, the week I go back -- we have testing. -_- So what are you cool cats planning to do? I'm probably going to consume my time and energy with hanging out with my friends by day, and probably finishing up my Pico Day Submission by night (:

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 12:46:00

RE: Spring Break

At 4/4/07 12:37 PM, Rudy wrote:
What are you guys planning on doing during spring break? Tomorrow's my last day of school, it's a half day than we are dismissed for a whole week off, not including weekends. We have Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off! (:

Wow, a whole week! I only get the whole of April off for Spring Break/Easter. =) And then only most of May and all of June, July August and the first few weeks of September off for Summer.

Anyway, during my month off for Easter, I'll be making a Flash Movie (for Uni) and revising for exams. Over Summer I might be going away with the lads for a massive piss-up aboard somewhere. Then I'll round off the Summer by going to the Reading Festival. Plus loads of other sweet events in between (hopefully).

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 12:51:09

Spring Break

I'm on my Spring Break now and it's raining today. I've been chilling with my friends the whole week. Pretty fun... I have work today, which blows. So yeah, Spring Break is just an ordinary week off. No hot sun, beaches, girls, and all that fun stuff. *TEAR*

Nah, it's not that bad.

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 13:02:34

At 4/4/07 12:46 PM, Kirk-Cocaine wrote: Wow, a whole week! I only get the whole of April off for Spring Break/Easter. =) And then only most of May and all of June, July August and the first few weeks of September off for Summer.

Hm, you're right. Only a week off for me isn't that much -__- I'm still a kid. heh. I can't wait to get out of high school -- but out in the real world is probably 10x harder, or so people tell me.

At 4/4/07 12:47 PM, BritishMoose wrote: You meant a photographic memory :)

Ah, my mistake. That's what I meant, thank youuu. :)

At 4/4/07 12:51 PM, TrueDarkness wrote: I'm on my Spring Break now and it's raining today. I've been chilling with my friends the whole week. Pretty fun... I have work today, which blows. So yeah, Spring Break is just an ordinary week off. No hot sun, beaches, girls, and all that fun stuff. *TEAR*

Heh, I'm gonna be stuck with my friends too, but it's not as bad as it sounds. I got a party to go to Friday, Saturday, I have to make my sacraments, than Sunday I'm going down to the shore [Seaside.] Than the rest of the week I'll just wing it, and see what's going on. Along with probably video taping stupid stunts with the crew.

Bleh it's raining here too :(

The WM3

This probably was discussed before but it was brought to my attention by, Kirk's sig link. It caught my eye because for some reason I thought it read "WW3", as in World War III, but than again that's ridiculous.

Reading the webpage, made me think a bit. Seeing people being persecuted for crimes they did not commit. As we speak ( or so you say "type" ) There could be people convicted for a crime they didn't even take place in. Like how about that one guy for example who was put in prison for about 20 years, but actually his twin brother committed the murder. How crazy is that?

This just makes me think a bit, on how screwed up society really is.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 13:38:09

Kitten Cannon was mentioned on the Front Page...again.

http://senti.burststudio.com/Records/KC%20FP%
20NG.jpg

Yehys.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 14:50:38

At 4/4/07 01:38 PM, Senti wrote: Kitten Cannon was mentioned on the Front Page...again.

well noticed :D!

not liek that was the 1st of it's kind anyway :(
it was an ok game, only made fun by the fact it was a cat...

needs a sequel :P

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 15:31:52

At 4/4/07 02:50 PM, Lord-Sonx wrote:
At 4/4/07 01:38 PM, Senti wrote: Kitten Cannon was mentioned on the Front Page...again.
well noticed :D!

not liek that was the 1st of it's kind anyway :(
it was an ok game, only made fun by the fact it was a cat...

needs a sequel :P

Meh, we started work on a sequel but it never went anywhere. We couldn't come up with something that had the same zeal as KC1. It might happen at some point, but probably not. We couldn't figure out a way to make it actually take SOME skill to get higher schools while keeping it fun. The mindlessness of KC1 I think is unique and it would be hard to create something like that in a sequel. Meh.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 17:09:46

At 4/4/07 04:40 PM, ShirtTurtle wrote:
At 4/4/07 02:50 PM, Lord-Sonx wrote: needs a sequel :P
Catten Cannon?

Google search for catten?

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 17:12:20

At 4/4/07 04:40 PM, ShirtTurtle wrote: Catten Cannon?

Tiger Barrage :D.

Files = Restored

Thanks to everyone, i know have my files back via a file restoration program. It took roughly 24 hours to scan, but it was worth it :D. Again, thanks, i won't bring it up again :).

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 17:13:35

Restored

Glad to hear it man! Computer problems are the worst...especially with something as drastic as what happened to you. Glad to hear it is all back.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 18:01:04

Restored

At 4/4/07 05:12 PM, Depredation wrote: Thanks to everyone, i know have my files back via a file restoration program. It took roughly 24 hours to scan, but it was worth it :D. Again, thanks, i won't bring it up again :).

Thats me :D!

.. also, not sure if you've added me to msn yet... someone added me but no idea if it was you.. get yo ass on msn :'(

Download Que

Omg this file will be remvoed in a few hours get it now... ' you must wait 187mins untill you can downlaod, or get premium package and avoid the que's!'

damn you internets master.

Resi Evil

Just saw the 2nd resi evil moive (on chanel5).. it was stupid.. although better than the 2nd house of the dead movie :D

Movies based on videosgames suck, unless they are made by one person in flash though.. why is that?

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 18:15:57

At 4/4/07 06:01 PM, Lord-Sonx wrote: .. also, not sure if you've added me to msn yet... someone added me but no idea if it was you.. get yo ass on msn :'(

I'll be on tomorrow, i thought i added you though :S.

Flash Overload

The quality, it burns :O.

Why so many high scores today, odd.

BBS Signature

Response to The Flash 'Reg' Lounge 2007-04-04 18:25:14

Lotsa Blue

At 4/4/07 06:15 PM, Depredation wrote: Why so many high scores today, odd.

Magic?

Gonna get a few more blue's before the nigth is out, two more Ebolaworld swfs are there..

This sorta thign randomly happens anway, sometimes there is days where there are no blue's at all.. just Random Law