00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kuyraisus69 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sprite Club

506,479 Views | 8,375 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-09 20:09:13

At 11/9/03 07:00 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: Man, this doesn't look as I wanted it too...

Well whatever you see that I don't is minor the only thing I could tell was it looks like he stops in mid air... or lands in thin are on his tippie toes but it looks great none the less.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-09 23:44:02

I can tell this may end up being a work in progress for a while

Sprite Club

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-10 12:22:38

gess what? i STILL don't have an idea what to do!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-10 12:39:57

warn ya I suck at a games SYNOPSIS

GAME: Armitage III Poly Matrix
GENRE: Adventure/RPG
SYNOPSIS: Follow Armitage through all her movies, with added story, places, an characters. The world is in trouble, and the 3rds are disappearing once again. Only Naomi Armitage and Ross Sylibus can help now.

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-10 14:18:09

nice work guys!
P.S.in order to persuade you to make sprites or his game GBclock has released the followingi nfo:
he plans to make his game better than Frank's adventure
plsu he'll put you in the c-authors if you do
i have also decided tha if you do it then i'll take you all out for pie

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-10 17:16:35

i realy like what you guys did up untill now! ^_^
i now got a small i dea what i have to do!

nova dragon:i wnat to help,but i don't work on somthing is i'm not a)bored b)got an idea.

maby tomorow...

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-10 18:55:02

Hey, everyone. I'll be taking an indefinite hiatus, so don't expect to see me around. However, feel free to email me the latest sprite challenges. I might take time out to do one or two if I get a spare moment, but I won't be stopping by the forums, so you can just send it to me. Also, if anyone finds those skeleton sprites, feel free to email them, too :) Well, peace out, friends!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-11 13:09:00

so -rook- will not be on the computer that much...to bad...

and i will not be that long on it today to(slow PC).

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-11 13:19:49

Dang =/ that sucks

well we'll all miss seeing ya around man.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-11 15:13:18

Here is my entry for the contest :

Lucy Liu sprite in static fighting pose

1rst sprite ever made....

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-11 19:34:01

At 11/11/03 03:13 PM, Shin2k27 wrote: Here is my entry for the contest :

Lucy Liu sprite in static fighting pose

1rst sprite ever made....

Wow, that's actually pretty good. There's a few things I could complain about, but overall, it's pretty awesome. I'd give it a 8/10.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-11 22:30:43

Guess u mean about the shading, face and hair, yeah did plan it out at first and kept it all to basic form thats what might be lowering it down. -_-

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-11 22:43:10

>>>APOLOGIZING FOR DOUBLE POST<<<
{{Had to write the infos}}

Game name: Charlie Angels: Another bad day.

Game type: Beat em up

Synopsis: Yes for all of u fans, here starts ANOTHER episode of Charlie's Angels, where our three lovely ladies have finally took some well earned vacations. But while they were out saving the world in our last episode, an intruder snuck into their house ((How did he get passed the super high sensored cameras????)) and stole all of their................panties.
Now finding out that they have been rob of their precious, the girls now hit the streets to wreak havok.
Did i mention that they all had their periods this week ?
This game promises to be brutal, to the extend of your mind.
These girls may look cute but be careful they might just be the last thing ull ever see.

------------------------------------------------------

-_-;;

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-12 00:39:14

At 11/11/03 10:30 PM, Shin2k27 wrote: Guess u mean about the shading, face and hair, yeah did plan it out at first and kept it all to basic form thats what might be lowering it down. -_-

Well I wouldn't quite say that matter of fact I thought that was done realy nicly. The only thing I could say bad is that her heels shouldn't have shine (her right back heel) and hear camel toe is a little odd. But hell it's better thank I could of done.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-12 01:28:17

At 11/12/03 12:39 AM, BenitoXIII wrote:
At 11/11/03 10:30 PM, Shin2k27 wrote:
The only thing I could say bad is that her heels shouldn't have shine (her right back heel) and hear camel toe is a little odd.

I made some quik fixes that I saw (outline was not complete and I can't stand half black outlines and half not)

Sprite Club

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-12 07:13:50

Attention all Sprite Club members and non-members ...

THE VOTING RESULTS FOR THE BI-WEEKLY SPRITE CHALLENGE!!!
(Nov. 3 - Nov. 17)

Due to the difficulty level of this particular ADAPTATION! challenge, someone has requested an extension beyond the customary 2 week period. Three members have voted and the result is ...

... one week extension for the ADAPTATION! challenge. The end date will now be Nov. 24 when the new challenge begins. The new date will be reflected soon on the Bi-Weekly Sprite Challenge page.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-12 09:02:25

Greetings! I'm back from the busy world o' Doc Monster, but only for a little while. Friday will be 5 years that Mrs. Monster and I will have been married and I had to take some time out of my already tight schedule to create some stuff for our anniversary. Quite a few of the posts have been ... uh ... interesting since Friday night.

First I'd like to say welcome aboard to zdez!

Nova_dragon

At 11/8/03 12:37 PM AM, Nova_dragon wrote: Hey guys my friend GBclock is making a game like frank's adventure and needs some characters

Thanks for the offer, Nova! His specs do present an awesome challenge, but I personally can't help since I don't have the time to devote to it. I still need to make time (that I lost) for Tweekit's voice auditions. Thanks again!

do you think in the next sprite challenge we could do those sprites for GBclock?

It never hurts to ask, but no. If we started making the challenge coincide with someone's project, it'd start to become all about the projects and not about the individual artists improving their skills. It's perfectly fine to ask for help on this forum and I encourage it, but the challenge will remain a personal thing. : )

K-Man714

At 11/8/03 02:29 PM, K-Man714 wrote: Which Videogame system is the best to you? i'm sick of everyone arguing about it, i think we should end it here.

In order to end it here we'd have to all agree that only one console is the best which is impossible. I like certain systems for certain things. I like my SNES because of "Zombies Ate My Neighbors", "Earthworm Jim" and the Super Star Wars series. I like my Sega Saturn for "House of the Dead 1 & 2", "Virtua Cop 1 & 2", "Area 51" & "Maximum Force". I like my PS2 for "Jak & Daxter 1 & 2", "Ratchet & Clank", "The Mark of Kri", the Darkstalkers series and "Jackie Chan: Stunt Master".

Tweekit

At 11/8/03 08:22 PM, Tweekit wrote: I am currently working on an article that battles [the perception of which is the best console]. Perhaps, when I finish, I'll be able to let you see it.

I'd love to check that out! Why you're not getting paid for your writing is beyond me!

zdez

At 11/9/03 12:58 AM, zdez wrote: im thinking of makeing a advance wars sprite comic!

Don't think it, just do it! : )

BenitoXIII

At 11/9/03 04:47 PM, BenitoXIII wrote: [Benefit] is what I've been working on for the Sprite Challenge.

Cool entry, Benito! I dig your latest box cover design. I'll be uploading it to the the Challengers page as soon as I'm done posting here.

-Rook-

At 11/9/03 05:48 PM, -Rook- wrote: I made a sprite of Roy, but I had to make the entire body from scratch, so he doesn't look good.

I think he looks good enough to put up on the Challengers page.

does anyone know where I can find some good skeleton sprites?

Not off the top of my head, but if I come across one while surfing, I'll be sure to let you know.

I'll be taking an indefinite hiatus, so don't expect to see me around.

Sorry to hear that. You will certainly be missed!!! I hope everything's fine.

feel free to email me the latest sprite challenges.

What, have we all become your personal assistants all of a sudden?! Bookmark this link and check back every two weeks! Sheesh! ; )

drunken_docter

At 11/9/03 06:04 PM, drunken_docter wrote: but do the sigs have to look good

Um ... what?

ProtoBassX

At 11/9/03 07:00 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: Man, this [animated Spider-Man] doesn't look as I wanted it too.

Overall, not too shabois (shab - wah)! The idea is good and I like your attention to detail with making his hand look like it's shooting a web. You used a minimal amount of objects to make the animation and that's the kind of economy you should always be shooting for when working in Flash. Just as Benito said, my crit is that Spidey shouldn't stop before he shoots the web. You should continue his descent as if he were still in mid air and then pull himself up slightly and swing off. When he stops, one expects him to look like he's standing, but the pose shows he's still leaping.

Ghaleonx5z
I like the packaging idea for your entry! Get a bit o' inspiration from Benito? I'll be posting your entry once I'm finished here.

Shin2k27

At 11/11/03 03:13 PM, Shin2k27 wrote: Here is my entry for the contest

Though I agree with Benito's assessment, I think it's a mighty fine sprite! Is it 100% original or did you use a base? I especially like the natural pose. It comes across quite nicely. Now, all that being said, I'm sorry to say it's not an official entry. There's already a Charlie's Angels game called "Angel X". Click on the link on this page and you'll see it. Try again and be sure to research your topic first. I look forward to more great stuff from you!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-12 11:06:17

still thinking what to make...what a shame...

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-12 11:15:58

no prob doc,i asked you guys coz i can't make sprites to save my life 0_o,oh and congrats on the anniversary

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-12 11:20:51

5 years?

nise!

congratulations!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-12 12:21:27

On 11/12/03, Nova_dragon & -Majin- wrote:

[Congratulations on the 5 year wedding anniversary!]

Thanks a lot, guys! I'll be sure to pass the well wishes onto Mrs. Monster! She asks about this club all the time since I speak highly of everyone. Cheers!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-12 13:07:46

Damn, well im giving it a second goes then. Thanx Benito for the fix, ill have to remember that at my next one.
Must find sprite idea .....

Oh yeah and the sprite was built from scratch.

From this sketch:

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-12 13:13:53

At 11/12/03 09:02 AM, DocMonster wrote: Greetings! I'm back from the busy world o' Doc Monster, but only for a little while. Friday will be 5 years that Mrs. Monster and I will have been married

well congradulations

Ghaleonx5z
I like the packaging idea for your entry! Get a bit o' inspiration from Benito? I'll be posting your entry once I'm finished here.

Yeah =) I liked what he did so I figgered I would try lol

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-13 06:53:33

Shin2k27

At 11/12/03 01:07 PM, Shin2k27 wrote: Damn, well im giving [the Challenge] a second goes then.

That's the spirit!

the sprite was built from scratch.

Excellent! I am now doubly impressed with the pose now that I know you drew it! I think you and I are the only ones so far who build our sprites from our own sketches. Keep up the good work!

Ghaleonx5z

At 11/12/03 01:13 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: well congradulations [on your 5th wedding anniversary]

Thanks! : )

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-13 12:36:07

ok,sorry to say this,but if i don't get an idea what to make by tomorow,I WONT MAKE THE CHALENGE OF THIS WEEK!!!

i never start with somthing if i don't get an idea.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-14 13:14:01

Man =/ I was going to ask if I missed anything since I wasn't on yesterday........but dang I'd think I'd rather ask "Where the heck did everyone go?"

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-14 14:12:00

what the...?!
i hope this crew is not dead...
i think this weeks chalenge was no that good.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-14 14:23:41

At 11/14/03 02:12 PM, -Majin- wrote: what the...?!
i hope this crew is not dead...
i think this weeks chalenge was no that good.

O.O

Never speak ill of the Challange!

lol =) what it took me a bit but I thought it was good.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-14 14:44:40

i wanted to make a GBA cover...but,like i said,i don't hava an idea what to put on it!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-14 15:43:31

Hm, what if i do neo from the matrix ?
That or that kung fu master from Bullet Proof Monk ?