00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Deadmanliving just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sprite Club

508,092 Views | 8,375 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-25 16:05:38

Crap missed the challenge, bah next one i guess, back to my own sprite.
Good luck to all on this new challenge.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-26 13:58:17

why?
why is anyone posting here?

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-26 14:08:48

At 11/26/03 01:58 PM, -Majin- wrote: why?

Um? I'm not sure =/

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-26 14:25:47

not sure never really anything new to post about.apart from the sprite challenge of course.latly ive been fed up and cant really be bothered posting alot.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-26 19:19:32

At 11/26/03 02:25 PM, Niko1uk wrote:
not sure never really anything new to post about.apart from the sprite challenge of course.latly ive been fed up and cant really be bothered posting alot.

Fed up ?

Why so ?

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-26 22:09:10

At 11/26/03 07:19 PM, Shin2k27 wrote: Fed up ?

Why so ?

When he says fed up, I think he may mean that he's caught up in a lot work, or something along the lines of that. That's certainly how I feel right about now. I'm totally swamped... scripts, homework, comics, video games, private projects... reading. We're reaching the high rush for the VG season right about now, and it's nigh time for a reviewer to get some work done.
Working on a lot of art too, and I must say, it's starting to look sweet what I've got set up right now. I should be able to make this challenge, as I have a few sprite scripts floating around... hope some of you can join me in this one!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-26 22:58:27

I tried to do the challenge, but I'm not so sure I even did it right...

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-27 08:54:11

At 11/26/03 10:58 PM, ProtoBassX wrote: I tried to do the challenge, but I'm not so sure I even did it right...

0.o

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-27 09:20:36

and here is my entetry for this chalenge!

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-27 13:33:08

Both of you did great =D

oh and PBX where you get the Zelda background? =)

Majin where you get that one?

I ahve a hard time finding different backgrounds.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-27 13:49:26

Shin2k7
im just been tired latly.im at the most important year of school(also the hardest)so ive been mentaly exhausted and ive postponed 2 projects ive been excited about doing.one will have to wait till next christmas.i also have a lot of personall shit going on right now which ive already had to deal with and dont want to deal with it all over again.back to the school thing,in english i decided i wanted to write my personall studies essay(a really important essay)on the influences of fredrick forsyth(he wrote day of the jackel)on other forms of media like movies,other books and video games.my teacher liked the video games part so decided i should focus on the narratives of video games nad less on th book,this cheered me up since i would have to play video games for homework :p
but then he told me that my essay would be above my working level :( so instead of playing video games ive been trying to learn how to describe all the diferent narratives which is quite confusing and head hurting.
damn ive just realised how long ive went on about this.

pbx
awsome comic,there was one thing though.dont take this the wrong way but did you mean for those sprites in the last 2 panel's to be pure white

majin
yet again an awsome comic,if this is an entry for the challenge are you gonna submitt a small comic series.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-27 16:45:00

At 11/24/03 01:45 AM, DocMonster wrote: BenitoXIII
At 11/22/03 06:35 PM, BenitoXIII wrote:
after playing the [TMNT] demo i might wanna put off christmas JP ; )
Oh no! Does it really suck that badly?

After playing the game cube Demo disc that comes with Mario Kart Double Dash!!. I changed my mind I don't know whether it was because I was in a better mood or the controls just flowed nicer but CHRISTMAS IS BACK ON!
For Thanksgiving I made a AIM icon (sorry it gets distorted when you add it because it's 31x32 I didn't check (;'_'). What do u think?

Sprite Club

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-27 17:19:54

At 11/27/03 04:45 PM, BenitoXIII wrote: stuff

im getting a gc for christmas.im actually looking forward to it.i got that package where you get mario kart double dash and 4 full zelda games and a demo of windwaker and youget wrestle mania for £5.00.i thought it was a good deal so i thought what the hell.i then played double dash at a friends house and now im scratching at the cupboard where it is currently being kept till christmas.

im not very up to date with american holidays but alot of people are talking about it as if it's today so what the hell.

Happy Thanks giving to all the american members in this club

just remember that it was the scottish poor that made your country what it is today.so you had better damn appreciate it.j/k

our country was ridden with plauge and cholera at the time so it was either america/canada or london(which was worse) so i agree with the choices that were made.

No offence to any English or Londeners that are in this club or just browsing i dont totally dislike your country and capital

ok thats my rant kinda over.oh has anyone seen anything new about the new deus ex game.i loved the first(deus) and then the completly new series(deus ex).did anyone else find it funny how no one in the game showed any emotion what so ever.

incase your wondering no im not high or on any drugs what so ever.well thats a lye since coffea is technically a drug.does any one else find that wierd?.

oh benito thats a cool little icon you got there.if i celebrated thanks giving i would take that little icon and use it my self.

so what games is everyone currently playing?

im playing socom,i was also playing resi code veronica but i completed it(yipee),but ive started playing deus ex again,hence my sudden intrest in the new game.

ok im shutting up now since this post has gone kinda erratic and random in places,such as the whole damn thing.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-27 18:09:57

At 11/27/03 05:19 PM, Niko1uk wrote: im not very up to date with american holidays but alot of people are talking about it as if it's today so what the hell.
oh benito thats a cool little icon you got there.if i celebrated thanks giving i would take that little icon and use it my self.

Thanks It is today but for my family it's tomarrow (we celebrate a day late because of the old work schedule of my aunts and mom)

so what games is everyone currently playing?

I'm making sprites and Playing Mario Kart Double Dash!!
And once again i'm posting a random sprite
PS: One of my ancestors was a indenchered serveant I don't know if he was from Ireland and my mom has scotch irish in her but i'm so far removed from them "I say fuck 'em" (Eazye-E)

Sprite Club

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-27 23:22:18

At 11/27/03 01:49 PM, Niko1uk wrote: pbx
awsome comic,there was one thing though.dont take this the wrong way but did you mean for those sprites in the last 2 panel's to be pure white

Actually yeah. I was bored so, yeah. Happy Turkey day everyone who celebrates it.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-28 11:20:29

benito
cool sprite

pbx
oh i thought you did i just wasnt sure

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-28 14:25:44

At 11/27/03 01:33 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote:
Majin where you get that one?

I ahve a hard time finding different backgrounds.

i made it from a "make a mario bros. background yourself" file.

if you want,i can mail it to you.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-28 14:34:27

At 11/28/03 02:25 PM, -Majin- wrote: if you want,i can mail it to you.

Ok cool thanks. Well email it when ya get the chance, no rush =)

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-28 18:05:58

Achuu *Cough Cough* Achuu*

Majin why'd u have to get me sick?!
Who would have thought u could get sick through message *achu* boards

Sprite Club

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-28 18:12:44

At 11/27/03 01:33 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: oh and PBX where you get the Zelda background? =)

I did an image search on Yahoo and miracolousely found it.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-29 11:41:23

Ok not the best lol, but well here. Atleast 1 one the characters is original. Just recolored really, but thats what most people do anyway lol.

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-29 12:03:12

Sorry i haven't been posting much,for this challenge can we use flash?Because my photoshop and paint shop is uninstalled,but there''s one problem,whenever i do stuff in flash i copy it to paint and save it as a JPEg and the quality goes down,why?

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-29 12:04:32

Oh yeah Doc,i reivewed bucky wild boy in peril,you're really great at these movies,i liked the cartoonyness of it(is that even a word?),did you know that both of your movies are in teh cartoon comedy section?

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-29 12:06:06

At 11/29/03 12:03 PM, Nova_dragon wrote: Sorry i haven't been posting much,for this challenge can we use flash?Because my photoshop and paint shop is uninstalled,but there''s one problem,whenever i do stuff in flash i copy it to paint and save it as a JPEg and the quality goes down,why?

Save as a GIF

JPEG just doesn't look good =/ I downs the quality with my stuff too.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-29 14:47:27

Nova
i have no idea,the best people to ask would be tweek and doc.

Ghaleonix
lol awsome comic,my only crit is in the 4 panel you can tell that uber man is talking first,other than that its great

other news
my intrest in making movies is rekindled,ive been a member of vgdc for a couple weeks now,they have these contests all the time some are flash contests and some are really just making sprite pictures.this one is a flash one and i have decided to enter.randy solem give out his flash library's for the contest participants and it reall gives an insight into how he works.anyway the movie being tributed this time is yoshi's island.i started work on it today and its looking to be my best movie ever,well if youll look at my other movies youll see that they are not hard to top but that's beside the point,i urge any member with flash to join vgdc and enter the compitition,i think if you win you get a t-shirt.if that doesnt grab your attention then the joy in participating in friendly compitition should be enough.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-29 15:03:22

Go for it Niko,coudl you post a link to the site?Whenever i go onto it it's a search engine for some reason.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-29 15:22:22

At 11/29/03 03:03 PM, Nova_dragon wrote: Go for it Niko,coudl you post a link to the site?Whenever i go onto it it's a search engine for some reason.

no prob vgdc this link will give you an option to go to the main site or the forums

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-29 15:56:59

Hey Niko could you tell me where to find the sprites?it would be greatly appreciated.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-29 16:12:08

Don't worry bout it,i found them

Response to Sprite Club 2003-11-29 17:03:23

hey nova did you join vgdc.i take it by your question that you did and your entering the compitition.