00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FlacoDev35k just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sprite Club

507,622 Views | 8,375 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-23 09:35:53

ALMOST DONE PEOPLE!!!

i did the ending, the extra's and the movie, all that needs to be done is the secrets, and if 1/8 of the sprite movies are worth to watch til the end, this one must be in the 1/8 because i really did my best on it,

:)

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-23 10:33:14

At 10/23/04 10:28 AM, oldmen wrote: i prefer coca cola than sprite

har har, not funny :/

anyway i changed my mind, there'll be no secrets, so i guess it's done, i'll submit it this evening, if everything goes alright, if not, i'll post here to tell you, thanks for all the support guys!

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-23 15:04:45

vote teh 5, or something else

Bass Strikes Back 2

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-23 15:58:05

At 10/23/04 03:04 PM, GinoGino13 wrote: vote teh 5, or something else

Bass Strikes Back 2

NICE!!! huge improvement from first!!! the movements and fighting was awesome! great job!

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-23 16:14:32

At 10/23/04 03:58 PM, Twistedsoulman wrote: NICE!!! huge improvement from first!!! the movements and fighting was awesome! great job!

wow, thanks twist =D

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-23 17:12:27

Bass Strikes Back 2

Great work, I didn't really see any flaws in the movements and fighting =)

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-23 17:36:03

Hi everyone just got finished with 3 days of work and im tired, aww a movie i will check it out soon sorry i was not here before but a girl has to work you know ^_^

LOL yes I am the LOL Girl ^_^

The "LOL" girl is back ^_^

Follow The LOL Girl

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-23 17:54:04

At 10/23/04 05:36 PM, Lacie wrote: Hi everyone just got finished with 3 days of work and im tired, aww a movie i will check it out soon sorry i was not here before but a girl has to work you know ^_^

Oh yeah lacie... we know how you work;);) Speaking of which... looking to make some extra cash?:-p I htink you're the only one I could say that too:D after all how could you get mad at this cute face (as if you could see it:)

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-23 18:09:35

What one of these looks better? The original is on the left, the new colors are on the right. I'm trying to make different clothes for the catalyst characters, and I can't tell if the new sprite of Shora is better , worse, or just as good.

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-23 18:12:38

At 10/23/04 06:09 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: What one of these looks better? The original is on the left, the new colors are on the right. I'm trying to make different clothes for the catalyst characters, and I can't tell if the new sprite of Shora is better , worse, or just as good.

always forget the sprite lol XD

I hope they both show up normally NG's always seems to affect the pics I post

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-23 19:18:19

they look good ghaleon:D

whoohoo, my movie is green =P
currently at 3.43, wow, im really happeh

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-24 06:22:48

Bass Strikes Back 2

Aha! Now let's review:
T'was a good old fight scene, not too much messing around with excessive text and pointless speeches, just the kind of movie I like.
The fighting was not too shabby, decent frame rate and use of movements, sizes were all constant as well. Could have been smoother though, it felt a bit like "you attack, I attack" and there were points where the characters just sort of stood there when they should really have been fighting.
Sounds worked well, music fit the scene nicely, but there is a little room for improvement here.

Overall, decent movie. I would suggest trying to make it more dynamic and smooth for the next episode.

And do you people think I should just SCREW the plot in my (many failed) projects and concentrate my efforts on a 100% random bout of mass slaughter using lots of sprites, swords and horrible violence?

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-24 10:45:06

YAY slaughter! I'll take out the marshmellows!

Gino your wrong!... its not 3.43!... its 3.46 :-D

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-24 12:32:15

Sorry i havn't posted here in a while the computer got a virus and we had to reformat it again. I lost Project Megaman X and everything i had. I think i
should make some custom sprites and some 1337 backgrounds before starting something again. I'll also try and keep the file size down so it doesn't close and not download pointless things that use up virtual memory or whatever. Has the project got a storyline or anything because i've been wondering? I can do any spriting or easily emulated game sound recording to help out.
Also is Metroid 4 and Zero mission 16 or 32 bit. I might do some mix and matching with backgrounds from metroid games and see what happens.

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-24 21:03:04

At 10/23/04 07:18 PM, GinoGino13 wrote: they look good ghaleon:D

whoohoo, my movie is green =P
currently at 3.43, wow, im really happeh

That sure is a high score but we love you, It was a very fun movie to watch nice work ^_^

Follow The LOL Girl

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-25 10:36:43

At 10/24/04 09:03 PM, Lacie wrote:
That sure is a high score but we love you, It was a very fun movie to watch nice work ^_^

thanks! i did what i could, onto Part 3 (check my profile evry once in a while to see if i progress on anyrhing:p currently done:

Preloader and nothing =D
another fun preloader to watch until the 2-3 megs load, and you will have a fun time for about 4-5 minutes =P

and if you guys like i'll post a screenshot every once in a while too

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-25 15:31:45

At 10/25/04 10:36 AM, GinoGino13 wrote:
and if you guys like i'll post a screenshot every once in a while too

You could submit an alpha to the NG mag once you have done some.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-25 15:47:14

At 10/25/04 03:31 PM, -TheDoctor- wrote: You could submit an alpha to the NG mag once you have done some.

i did that with part 2, but i mean like extra never b4 seen stuff that i made after the alpha:)

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-26 12:09:20

At 10/24/04 12:32 PM, ch33ks wrote: Sorry i havn't posted here in a while the computer got a virus and we had to reformat it again. I lost Project Megaman X and everything i had. I think i
should make some custom sprites and some 1337 backgrounds before starting something again. I'll also try and keep the file size down so it doesn't close and not download pointless things that use up virtual memory or whatever. Has the project got a storyline or anything because i've been wondering? I can do any spriting or easily emulated game sound recording to help out.
Also is Metroid 4 and Zero mission 16 or 32 bit. I might do some mix and matching with backgrounds from metroid games and see what happens.

Hey i found my flash on a different drive i think the computer guy moved everything there because there's 20 GB of space. Before i do my ideas for my spriting i might as well finish it. It says windows is running out of virtual memory though but sometimes it doesn't happen, it must be when i'm on the net at the same time.

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-26 12:16:19

Man this place has slowed down seriously o_O

I'd post more but I've been going nuts trying to work on a halloween comic. Can't think of what to makethe characters look like.

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-26 23:26:46

OMG! This was on the third page! what is going on? I think we need the sages of the club to return!... we have Ghalean and -The Docter- but they can only do so much! We need DocMonster, Kaos, Tweekit (though I dont really know him), Niko, Reble?... I dunno the others.. but we need them back!!!!

Also does anyone know where I could find a black armor 32 bit Zero and X sprite sheet? I check online and sprite.inc but found nothing:(

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-27 06:51:17

At 10/26/04 12:16 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: Man this place has slowed down seriously o_O

I'd post more but I've been going nuts trying to work on a halloween comic. Can't think of what to makethe characters look like.

I have slowed down in posting here sorry guys, I will try somewhat harder how is that comic going?

Follow The LOL Girl

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-27 08:50:59

I've really slowed down. Got Home Work

Anyways, I decided to work on a student (yes he is cool, but he's a yankee's fan) sprite

www.geocities.com/rockman_axz/Student.JPG
Anyways to improve the Yankee logo? thanks

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-27 08:54:38

Oh yeah, sorry for the double post, but I send an email to Docmonster and he still hasn't replied

Oh yeah, the reason most people don't show Zero and X using their black armor or ultimate armor in black is because it's too much trouble to post the exact same sprite in different colors. Sprite Inc has post the colors for Zero's black armor for those who want is armor black though. I'm not sure about X though.

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-27 09:23:48

At 10/27/04 08:54 AM, AXZ wrote: Oh yeah, sorry for the double post, but I send an email to Docmonster and he still hasn't replied

Wasn't he going away for a bit?
I would post more but I really dont have anything much to discuss...

As I have said so many times before, I REALLY should be doing more spriting.

Failgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-27 09:26:10

At 10/27/04 06:51 AM, Lacie wrote: I have slowed down in posting here sorry guys, I will try somewhat harder how is that comic going?

Don't worry about it lol I was just making a comment is all.

Badely, I got no real story idea. and I only have 2 characters ready out of 15 lol making them is no problem. I just got no idea is all lol

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-27 09:33:26

Docmonster if I remember correctly is in Florida right now with his wife, one of the reasons is because if I remember they are still working on his house.

I am here, I just don't know what to post at the current time. I'm also loosing my mind trying to work on my Halloween comic. Trying to get ideas for my stories. Tring to work on my other 2 comics, and help CT and everyone with the RP they are all trying to start in the vampire empire.

I'll do my best to post here. I don't think replying to posts will be to any trouble though =) Just gotta find a post I can replie to lol ^__^

Actually if anyone has anything for me to work on let me know. I think a short break from everything else I'm doing might be just what I need lol =)

And if anyone has any ideas for my halloween comic let me know.

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-27 12:09:09

Sprite Club
Greetings, folks! I'm back! Our Florida trip was nothing short of spectacular! Universal Studios and Busch Gardens really know how to do up my favorite holiday! The Mrs. and I will be heading out to Hershey, PA this Friday for their Haunted Harvest this weekend. According to the website, it seems like this will be the first year they do anything adult oriented as far as frights go, so I'll let you folks know how it went when we return.

Holy Spoot! When I left, we were just on page 181. I've got four pages to get through so this may be a two-parter recap! As I write this, we currently don't have a roof and the guys are swarming around the house hoping to have one up by the end of today.

GinoGino13

At 10/16/04 08:44 AM, GinoGino13 wrote: have fun in florida, and don't forget to buy me a lil' souvenir =)

Thanks for the well wishes! Sorry, if I had read this before I left, I would have brought you back something! ;) Your "Bye, Doc!!!" banner was cool! Thanks!

check this out (Disco MegaMan)

SHWEET dancing MegaMan! Hilarious!

i'm done (with Lacie sheet)

That's cute! You're quite the prolific spriter! Keep up the good work!

vote teh 5, or something else (on Bass Strikes Back 2)

I've watched and voted. I think you've done an excellent job! It was smooth, well paced and the sound was spot on. I especially liked when ProtoMegaMan kicked the energy burst. That was hilarious! Great stuff!

Ghaleonx5z

At 10/16/04 12:54 PM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: I have nothing better to do really lol

Last time I checked, you had about 300 sprite comics to produce! What could be better than that? XD

I find both ["served" and "owned"] to be a bit stupid and weird =/

I'm in 100% agreement with you there, mate! I also agree with -TheDoctor-'s humourous usage of such nonsense.

What [Shora sprite] looks better?

I like the color choices on the one on the right better, but the shoes should be a darker color, maybe something that matches the shirt.

-TheDoctor-

At 10/17/04 06:13 AM, -TheDoctor- wrote: I decided to make a really really bad flash just for the hell of it.

It's a very impressive file size. How much was actionscripted?

I am a fan of things that make absolutely no sense. I only use SERVED for amusement purposes.

We're on the same page, my friend!

do you people think I should just SCREW the plot in my (many failed) projects and concentrate my efforts on a 100% random bout of mass slaughter using lots of sprites, swords and horrible violence?

While I like senseless violence every once in a while, there's far too much of that being uploaded to NG. While projects like that may be popular, they don't have any real staying power because they all seem to melt together. I think you should write something people can really sink their teeth into that contains mass slaughter using lots of sprites, swords and horrible violence. If done correctly, it'll be something people talk about for a while.

Twistedsoulman

At 10/18/04 12:23 PM, Twistedsoulman wrote: my next animation will be a sprite animation.... what video game do you guys think i should work with? Megaman, Mario, Zelda, FF so what genra should i hit up?

I think you should work with anything you can a) animate well and b) write a solid story for. Tons of people have done MegaMan sprite toons, but it didn't stop Kaosboy from presenting his own and having success with it. As long as it's compelling and done well, it doesn't matter which video game you create a toon for.

TabooTongue

At 10/18/04 10:46 PM, TabooTongue wrote: I'm working on Pier Tu Pier's side\running sprites right now. I also reworked Pier's face a little so he doens't look so "Legoish."

Excellent! Glad to hear it!

-Niko-

At 10/19/04 03:14 PM, -Niko- wrote: damn im not getting to post here as much as i would liked to, Sorry about that guys.

Don't sweat it, amigo. Post here when you can.

DartDragoon666

At 10/19/04 04:52 PM, DartDragoon666 wrote: im trying to find what to do to see if u guys will let me in the club

All you need to be part of the club is to ask and have an appreciation for sprites and video games. Whether you can customize / create / animate sprites is irrelevant. With that being said, welcome aboard! I hope you get a lot out of this club!

Masterchief2219

At 10/19/04 05:26 PM, Masterchief2219 wrote: Hey, I finally finished my site for customised sprites. I will make it look a little better later but its done for now.

It doesn't look too shabby. The mascot is nice, simple and easily identifiable. Good luck with it!

LamboGini

At 10/19/04 11:01 PM, LamboGini wrote: I'll join

Welcome aboard!

ch33ks

At 10/24/04 12:32 PM, ch33ks wrote: the computer got a virus and we had to reformat it again. I lost Project Megaman X and everything i had.

Sorry to hear that. Here's a mantra you should always recite to yourself when working with computers, "Always back up your work".

Has the project got a storyline because i've been wondering? I can do any spriting or easily emulated game sound recording to help out.

No need to wonder. Go to
The Project! site and read through the posts. Any help will be appreciated.

i found my flash on a different drive

Glad to hear it! Now back it up on a disk.

AXZ

At 10/27/04 08:50 AM, AXZ wrote: I decided to work on a student sprite. Anyways to improve the Yankee logo?

Overall, the sprite looks great! It's very clear and the colors work. The only problem is, I wouldn't have been able to tell he was wearing a Yankee logo if you hadn't told me. What you may need to do is make it a bit bigger and use stark white. Right now you have too many shades of light blue making up the logo which blend too well with the shirt making it muddy. You also only have one pixel depicting each upper stem of the "Y". Add another pixel or two to each stem and, to make it pop even more, outline the white with the darkest blue shade found in the shirt. Hope this helps!

I send an email to Docmonster and he still hasn't replied

I did this morning. It should be waiting for you.

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-27 12:57:47

WELCOME BACK DOC!

i'm glad your trip was a success:)

i'm done (with Lacie sheet)

That's cute! You're quite the prolific spriter! Keep up the good work!

Thanks! i did my best and im glad lacie likes it

vote teh 5, or something else (on Bass Strikes Back 2)

I've watched and voted. I think you've done an excellent job! It was smooth, well paced and the sound was spot on. I especially liked when ProtoMegaMan kicked the energy burst. That was hilarious! Great stuff!

thanks! and it got review crew pick, it was Daily 7th and Weekly 33rd

Response to Sprite Club 2004-10-27 13:58:04

At 10/27/04 12:09 PM, DocMonster wrote: Last time I checked, you had about 300 sprite comics to produce! What could be better than that? XD

I know I have way to much to do.

I'm in 100% agreement with you there, mate! I also agree with -TheDoctor-'s humourous usage of such nonsense.

lol

I like the color choices on the one on the right better, but the shoes should be a darker color, maybe something that matches the shirt.

Ok thanks for the info. I'll see what I can do.