00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Samurai2513 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sprite Club

507,612 Views | 8,375 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-09 11:57:31

still waiting if the sprites will be on psyguy.com...

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-09 12:55:34

This is a club where people help support and understand flash animation and sprites.

Im looking for people who can do sprite animation of characters with my project (see below)

A small assesment or test of your flash ability may be given...this means you should let me know of any of your movies so i can get you in

Im working on this now: Teachergame

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-09 23:27:08

At 9/9/03 12:55 PM, GorkyPark wrote:

That actually looks pretty impressive.
I'm sure the rest of the club is working on their sprites for the bi-weekly, but I still haven't had the time. It'll happen. Sometime. Not a whole lot of updates, but this is the first time I've come to the board to find this club on the second page :O. First time for everything. It's pretty amazing it's never happened before. Kudos for keeping the club alive people.

remember, contest ends the week after next.
Dragon ball (Z) action! sequences. I am eager to see the first person to post one. Impress me people!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-10 11:20:56

This is a club where people help support and understand flash animation and sprites.
Im looking for people who can do sprite animation of characters with my project (see below)

A small assesment or test of your flash ability may be given...this means you should let me know of any of your movies so i can get you in

its a pretty well made game but how do you get into the kiosk thing.anyway im sure theres a couple people here who would like to help make this game just look through the thread.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-10 17:16:58

Here's the first official entry into the Sprite Challenge! The personal challenge to myself was speed, so I limited myself in production time. I allowed myself 5 minutes to sketch and an hour and a half on the computer which includes scanning, clean up in Illustrator and pixelization in Photoshop. I used a Sega Genesis Krillin sprite as a size ref. I'll post a slightly larger file of the cleaned up sketch and the pic I ref'd from one of my "Dragon Ball Complete Illustrations" books. So, without further ado, here's Tien & Chiaotzu ...

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-10 17:20:16

Here's the larger Illustrator piece ...

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-10 17:23:32

And here's the artwork I ref'd in order to draw the characters correctly ...

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-10 17:26:35

Your game looks cool! I'd love to help you out, but I'm short on time right now and I'd hate to slow down your production time! You did come to the right place looking for sprite artists though! We've got lots o' talent here! Best of luck to you!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 11:23:08

awsome sprites doc.i really have no crits for them.ive decided not to partake in this weeks challenge instead im going to concentrate on my movie.(i may have a chance to make a quick entry)Ill be needing voice acters so ill post a couple parts of it here incase anyone wants to join in.its my first hand drawn movie so its only a small 1 minute short so theres not that big a script.i may not be on later to day im finally getting upgraded to broadband so the net's out of bounds till then.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 11:43:18

dam! i did not have the time to start my sprite!!! >:(

i think that will be fore tomorow....

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 11:47:41

hey majin like the new sig.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 11:59:25

At 9/11/03 11:47 AM, Niko1uk wrote: hey majin like the new sig.

thanks! but i did not make it myself...-Z- did it.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 13:08:18

damn... that makes the sprite i was planning to make look like a piece of crap :(
seriously though, great job, doc!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 13:17:27

At 9/7/03 11:40 AM, Niko1uk wrote: you should try making a hhhmmmmmm.a oh got one.dante/majin man sprite.that would be cool.

Obviously this is not an entry into the challenge, but I've been thinking about the Dante sprite ever since you mentioned it! I thought it was a GREAT idea so, since no one really took up the challenge, I figured I'd take a swing at it. After playing 10 hours of "Devil May Cry" and studying Dante's form, I whipped this together in my MSD (Modified Super Deformed) style. I hope you like it!

P.S. I'll be posting the original, cleaned up Illustrator file shortly.

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 13:19:09

Here's the larger version of the Illustrator file. I took this pose from one of Dante's rest periods when he's holding Ebony & Ivory.

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 13:24:33

Niko1uk

At 9/11/03 11:23 AM, Niko1uk wrote: awsome sprites doc.i really have no crits for them.

Thanks! I appreciate that!

ive decided not to partake in this weeks challenge instead im going to concentrate on my movie.(i may have a chance to make a quick entry)Ill be needing voice acters so ill post a couple parts of it here incase anyone wants to join in.

That's a perfect reason not to join in this round! I'd much rather you devoted your time to making your toon the best it can be! I'd be interested in voicing a character or two. In advance, let me welcome you to the wonderful world of broadband!!!

-Rook-

At 9/11/03 01:08 PM, -Rook- wrote: damn... that makes the sprite i was planning to make look like a piece of crap :(

seriously though, great job, doc!
Wow! Thanks, -Rook-! I'm sure your sprite is gonna be awesome!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 17:10:02

WOW that dante sprite is awsome.did you say you were playing the game for 10 hours before you made it.either you take a lot of pride in your work and want it to be perfect or you must have been really bored.the last game i played for 10 hours straight was enter the matrix.anyways thanks for offering to do some voice acting ill post a couple parts of the script tomorrow.i now have my broadband connection up and running so i have no excuses for not posting.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 17:33:28

DocMonster - Frickin amazing sprites, as always. I totally love your dante, it looks amazing. You should try a animation sometime with those bad boys. Frickin amazing...

Nico2uk - I played DMC for about 13 hour in the summer. It was a really bad day and I just kept playing and playing. In fact, I think that was one of the first reviews I made. I could do some voice acting for your movie as well, if your interested.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject, I as well, will need voice actors for my upcoming project. Script is still in progress, so I can't say much quite yey....

Majin - Love the new sig as well.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 20:10:15

Niko1uk

At 9/11/03 05:10 PM, Niko1uk wrote: WOW that dante sprite is awsome.did you say you were playing the game for 10 hours before you made it.either you take a lot of pride in your work and want it to be perfect or you must have been really bored.

Thanks for the good word, Niko1uk! I'm glad you like it since you inspired it! I wish I had the time to play 10 straight hours of any game! I've been playing DMC in the early mornings (from 5:30am est) and late evenings (due to insomnia brought on by my crazy days) since you made your request for a Dante sprite on the 7th. I did a lot of replaying of levels and scenes so I could get a good look at Dante. I honestly do take A LOT of pride in my work and I hope it shows. : ) Thanks again!

Tweekit

At 9/11/03 05:33 PM, Tweekit wrote: Frickin amazing sprites, as always. I totally love your dante, it looks amazing. You should try a animation sometime with those bad boys. Frickin amazing...Oh, and while I'm on the subject, I as well, will need voice actors for my upcoming project. Script is still in progress, so I can't say much quite yey....

Thanks for the kudos on everything, Tweekit! It's great to know that hard work is appreciated! Whenever you're ready to audition voice actors, I'd like to give it a try!

Viva la Sprite Club!!!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-11 22:46:27

DocMonster, I forgot to mention this in my last post, as it is a bit off topic, but I checked out your animations, and I am TOTALLY impressed. You have an incredible art syle, and a good sense of humor too. Look for a big review sometime soon...

Hope to Msg with you soon, but for any delay people may have with me, I have a bit of a flu or something right now, as long as a few physical ailments. Nothing serious, just something that make me a bit slower right now. Weekends coming at least, right? I have a bit of a to do list for myself, and the club.

-Finish script (for school, but it will be a humorous peice, and I will be looking for voice actors soon enough)
-Make more tweekitorials (I've been seriously lacking at this. I seem to forget everytime I'm on the computer, nothing I can blame that for besides my overwhelming schedule
-More game reviews ( I wasn't able to send the previous reviews, falling victim to the little bug thats been plaguing the internet, and I wanted to make sure I had vaccinated my computer absolutely completely, as I had some minor bugs as well)
-I am soon going to be employed, which I'm guessing wobn't help the time I have to post, but it will allow me too finally purchase my own personal computer.

I think thats it people.

Long live the sprite club!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-12 06:37:16

Darn, definitvly wont have time to do this contest, movie i have to finish and a little message to my rival who you all know is HArdcore.

*Smirks evilly* he will regret saying i know nothing about flash.

*anime villain music*

And so his down fall starts !

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-12 07:53:11

Tweekit

At 9/11/03 10:46 PM, Tweekit wrote: DocMonster ... I checked out your animations, and I am TOTALLY impressed. You have an incredible art syle, and a good sense of humor too. Look for a big review sometime soon...

Thanks a bunch for the compliments! I've learned a lot since those cartoons. That's why I like Flash so much - it's a constant learning experience. Bucky Wild was my first scripted cartoon in Flash and I have 3 finished scripts for Monster Fighting Kid P.P. Ding that I'm itching to get started on. I look forward to your review!

Hope to Msg with you soon, but for any delay people may have with me, I have a bit of a flu or something right now, as long as a few physical ailments. Nothing serious, just something that make me a bit slower right now.

If you see that I'm "Away" on IM, try and contact me anyway. If I'm within earshot of the alert, I'll IM ya back. If I don't, it's only because I'm away from the studio. I'm glad to hear your ailments aren't serious and I hope you get well soon!

Shin-Darkmind

At 9/12/03 06:37 AM, Shin-Darkmind wrote: Darn, definitvly wont have time to do this contest, movie i have to finish and a little message to my rival who you all know is HArdcore.
*Smirks evilly* he will regret saying i know nothing about flash.
*anime villain music*
And so his down fall starts !

As I mentioned back on Page 32 , if you're not a fan of HArdcore, don't give him your attention. Spend the time doing something more worthwhile ... like creating sprites! : ) Please stop posting your negative comments about him or anyone else here. One of the purposes of this thread is to promote a positive feeling of community among folks who love video games, sprites and dig customizing / creating them. We've created a positive atmosphere here where we help each other. This is not the place to belittle people or start flame wars. If you've got sprites or info about sprites to share and / or movies on NG you'd like us to see, by all means, feel free to post the info here. We'll be glad to have you! If you want to flame other NG users, do not do it here. Sprite Club is not the place for it. Thanks in advance for your cooperation. Cheers!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-12 10:04:00

This isn't for the contest, but I just thought I would post them anyway. So what do you think?

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-12 10:16:10

AAAAHHHH!!!!

why won't i work?!
WHY-WON'T-MY-SPRITE-WORK?!

if i don't like it,i won't post it.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-12 10:19:20

At 9/12/03 10:04 AM, Ghaleonx5z wrote: This isn't for the contest, but I just thought I would post them anyway. So what do you think?

WOW! I really like that sheet! Even though you used predominantly dark colors, it doesn't look muddy because you used a great lighter color for the highlights. Excellent choice! I can also see why you used black for the holding lines on the hair because to use a darker brown would look almost black anyway. My favorite parts are the red eyes, the grey scarf thingy around his face and the yellow bolts. A few questions:
1. What base sprite did you customize, if any? If you did use a base sprite, can you post a sample of it (doesn't have to be the whole sheet) so we can see how far you customized it?
2. What's the red piece on his back & why didn't you use a deep red holding line for it?

Overall, this is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T!!! Thanks for posting it here! You've got true talent!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-12 10:29:51

wow thanks :D

Well I used a lot of different things. The Main base was Cloud (an already custimaized Zero Sprite made to look like FF7 cloud). The scarf I had a hard time with, I made it it was hard. Kinda like Sheik from Zelda Orcana of time. The Red was a single wing. Kinda like Sephiroth had in KH, but there was so much black I wanted to use another color. I thought I Red wing was kinda cool. The sword was taken from MegaMan useing Zero's beam sword. I thought the Crimson look to it was kinda cool. The red Eyes I thought just firt well with that hole dark feel I had going. Then total re-coloring of anything that needed to be.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-12 10:41:48

nise job ghaleon!
(i'm getting sick that my sprite won't work....)

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-12 10:55:08

At 9/12/03 10:41 AM, -Majin- wrote: nise job ghaleon!
(i'm getting sick that my sprite won't work....)

Um whats the problem you know?

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-12 11:24:12

tweekit-13 hours.wow i cant compete with that.sounds like you played it start to finnish.last game i did that with was metal gear solid1.anyway id love for you to do some voice acting.ive noticed a couple things i could change in my script so i will post some of it today or tomorrow.

Ghaleonx5z-great sprite sheet.is that your own charecter or is it from a game.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-09-12 11:25:52

Attention all Sprite Club members and non-members ...

Think you've got what it takes to create / customize awesome sprites? Then put your bytes where your mouth is and take the ...

BI-WEEKLY SPRITE CHALLENGE!!!

For the official rules, go to my post on Page 32 which can be found roughly about a third of the way down the page.

Official entries so far are:
1 ) Tien & Chiaotzu by DocMonster

Official bow outs are:
Shin-Darkmind & Niko1uk because they're working very hard on their Flash projects. Let's wish them luck!

Alright, so where are the rest o' ya?! ; ) Get to it, have fun and LET THE SPRITES EXPLODE!!! Cheers!