00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Bowtotheman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sprite Club

508,764 Views | 8,375 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-01 20:40:15

man DocMonster! when you talk you talk.LOL...just about every post you have on here is atleast 200 chars long... cut down a lil and get to the point.LOL j/k... but still.... any ways zodiac_elementz@yahoo.com /// this is my e-mail i got a sprite movie too somewhere on this damn site...

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-01 21:48:14

At 7/1/03 08:40 PM, FaithoftheFallen wrote: man DocMonster! when you talk you talk.LOL...just about every post you have on here is atleast 200 chars long... cut down a lil and get to the point.LOL j/k... but still.... any ways zodiac_elementz@yahoo.com /// this is my e-mail i got a sprite movie too somewhere on this damn site...

Okay ... ... ... DAMN! I just can't leave it at that! I tried! I REALLY tried! ; ) I'm a professional writer and part of my work ethic is to make sure I'm understood so that's why I get so LOOONNNG winded at times. Collect enough of my hot air from these threads and your computer'll start floatin'! Cheers!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-01 21:54:24

At 7/1/03 09:48 PM, DocMonster wrote:
Okay ... ... ... DAMN! I just can't leave it at that! I tried! I REALLY tried! ; ) I'm a professional writer and part of my work ethic is to make sure I'm understood so that's why I get so LOOONNNG winded at times. Collect enough of my hot air from these threads and your computer'll start floatin'! Cheers!

LOL.... well at least you tried... I kinda figured you were a professional... by the way your wording sounded all professional-like and all... but hey i'm going to try that hot air thing sounds like fun...LOL... but i'm going to need a LOT of diskspace...LOL j/k...maybe...

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-01 21:57:40

At 7/1/03 08:40 PM, FaithoftheFallen wrote: ... i got a sprite movie too somewhere on this damn site...

And here it is adventure of link . Not too shabby for 84Kb though some sound effects and / or music would've been cool.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-02 12:37:07

i'm going to ask you guys....
is this good?
i made this from the 16BIT Bass

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-02 14:32:46

At 7/2/03 12:37 PM, Majin-warrior wrote: i'm going to ask you guys....
is this good?
i made this from the 16BIT Bass

Is the 16BIT Bass the sprite sheet you used to customize these? If so, could you post a couple of the original examples or a link to them so we can compare and give you a fair assessment? Right off the bat, without the original work to compare it to, I'd say they look pretty darn SHWEET!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 08:16:36

for the first time ever im getting my sprites from sprite sheets so i have to rip them off the sprite sheets. so just wanna say how annoying this is and well done to every one here who does this on a regualer basis

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 08:22:39

At 7/3/03 08:16 AM, Niko1uk wrote: for the first time ever im getting my sprites from sprite sheets so i have to rip them off the sprite sheets. so just wanna say how annoying this is and well done to every one here who does this on a regualer basis

How are you going about taking them off the sheets?

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 09:16:34

At 7/3/03 08:22 AM, DocMonster wrote:
How are you going about taking them off the sheets?

im using fireworks i use a cutting tool where you draw a rectangle round the sprite you want and it cuts out the rectangle you drew with the sprite in it but you still cant change the bitmaps backround so i need to create a new bit map through copy then i need to crop the copy then i can rub out the white backround and cut and paste the sprite into a new file which automatacly becomes the size of the sprite then i just save the single sprite and its ready for use

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 09:31:03

well here is a PART of the original.
give it a score form one to ten.

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 09:52:00

At 7/3/03 09:16 AM, Niko1uk wrote: im using fireworks i use a cutting tool where you draw a rectangle round the sprite you want and it cuts out the rectangle you drew with the sprite in it but you still cant change the bitmaps backround so i need to create a new bit map through copy then i need to crop the copy then i can rub out the white backround and cut and paste the sprite into a new file which automatacly becomes the size of the sprite then i just save the single sprite and its ready for use

WOW! Yeah, that does sound tedious! If your ultimate goal is to use the sprites in Flash, use these steps in a Flash file (I use caps for the words you'll actually find in Flash):

1) FILE > IMPORT > whatever sprite sheet you wanna use.
2) Make sure it's selected, then MODIFY > TRACE BITMAP
3) A "Trace Bitmap" dialogue box will appear with the following settings -
Color Threshold - 0 (the higher in number you go, the darker the colors become and you tend to lose highlights)
Minimum Area - 1 pixel (keeps it tight)
Curve Fit - Pixels (since that's the effect you want)
Corner Threshold - Many corners (since the sprite is made up of boxes)
Click "OK" when you're done with your settings.
4) Flash will break the entire image apart
5) EDIT > DESELECT ALL
6) Using your arrow tool, only select the background and delete it. Viola! That should do it!

Now you're free to select each individual image and group them. In no time you'll have a library full of sprites ready to animate! As a tip, make the background color of your Flash file something different than the colors of the background or sprites on the sprite sheet. This way, if you have a green Flash background and a white background on the sprite sheet , you'll see the green when deleting and you'll know you were successful.

Also, if you wanted the sprites just to use as .GIF's or .JPG's, all you have to do is check off those choices when publishing the Flash file.

I hope this has made life easier for you! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 10:04:40

At 7/3/03 09:31 AM, Majin-warrior wrote: well here is a PART of the original.
give it a score form one to ten.

Well, I stick by my previous judgement - SHWEET! If this was the sheet you used to customize the blonde character you posted earlier, I give you a 7!

You departed from the original design quite a bit which is commendable. Most people tend to only change colors and small bits. You added hair and armour pieces which look nice. Overall, good job!

Next time, instead of using black as your holding line, try using a darker shade of the fill color. For example, you gave your character yellow hair - try outlining it in a darker shade of yellow. It'll give it a smoother look. You've done some good work here, I look forward to seeing more!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 10:31:34

thanks!
i have put alot of work in that one!
well...i stardet first with just changing collors....
i will post my pic of garobotX later...
now...another one!
the name of this one is speedman!

now can i join? i'm good in remaking megaman sprites!

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 11:33:03

At 7/3/03 10:31 AM, Majin-warrior wrote:
now can i join? i'm good in remaking megaman sprites!

look through the thread for incurable gimps email hes the one who lets peple join by the look of your work youll definatly get in

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 11:34:25

hey doc thanks for the tips this way is way easier

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 12:54:17

At 7/3/03 10:31 AM, Majin-warrior wrote: now can i join? i'm good in remaking megaman sprites!

Just like Niko1uk said, check the very first post on this thread and you'll find IncurableGimp's guidelines for joining this club.

And again, just as Niko1uk said, with work like yours, you're sure to be a member. Your stuff is excellent!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 13:10:28

At 7/3/03 11:34 AM, Niko1uk wrote: hey doc thanks for the tips this way is way easier

No sweat! Anything I can do to keep you from tearing your hair out. Believe me, I know what it's like to lose hair!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 14:51:04

email: garobotX@hotmail.com

nikname:Majin

flash:sorry! did not do anny

ok!that all i have to do!

here is one of my sprite comics:

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 16:18:16

Check out this sprite,

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 16:21:41

and this sprite,

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 17:50:45

At 7/3/03 04:21 PM, DarknessDeity wrote: and this sprite,

Cool! I dig Jon Talbain & Dark Stalkers! Where'd you rip those sprites?

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 19:09:47

TO ANYONE WHO"S BEEN ASKING TO JOIN!

Your all welcome to join the club, you don't have to e-mail me, but it's an easy way to keep track of the members. This is probably just an excuse for my laziness (sorry) but Im pressed for time right now, and I can't e0mail everyone who's wanted to join. But your all welcome too!

I'm thinking about using a symbol or something that members can put into their signatures, and as I'm going to be outta town for a while, I want to hear all your suggestions. I'll get back to you on monday. Thanx, and welcome to all the new spriters we got here!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-03 19:40:47

At 7/3/03 05:50 PM, DocMonster wrote:
At 7/3/03 04:21 PM, DarknessDeity wrote: and this sprite,
Cool! I dig Jon Talbain & Dark Stalkers! Where'd you rip those sprites?

I got em' from a pal:) I have many more realistic sprites and I have some megaman ones to:) tell me if you want them.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-04 07:01:44

hey gimp maybe we could just make a sig saying sprite club and our user names then we can edit it any way we want but i dont have vany ideas for a sprite club symbol

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-08 15:07:22

I think those sprites are from a fighting game, maybe Primal Fury, but thats only a guess. They look like PSX rips, but what do I know?

As for the sig thing, that was kinda what I had in mind Nico, but I need a bit of inspiration.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-08 22:17:39

ya know whats good sprite remix mmm mmm mmm mmm mmm rerfreshin im so in

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-09 11:52:17

At 7/3/03 07:40 PM, DarknessDeity wrote: I got em' from a pal:) I have many more realistic sprites and I have some megaman ones to:) tell me if you want them.

Thanks for the offer! Does your friend have any more Dark Stalkers sprites? I found a few here at Canaanite Creations , but as far as I can tell, they don't have all of the steps in animation.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-09 11:56:46

At 7/8/03 03:07 PM, IncurableGimp wrote: As for the sig thing, that was kinda what I had in mind Nico, but I need a bit of inspiration.

Are you looking for a logo to tuck into the sig or some sort of club mascot? If it's a mascot, would you like it to be animated or static?

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-09 12:02:03

man i nead a new idea for a sprite...

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-12 16:41:08

Should I join or not? I'm not great or anything, not done to many yet ether. But I'm trying. Got other things to do and all.

Um not to great but a bit of what I got

Sprite Club