00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CleanCosmos just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Sprite Club

508,760 Views | 8,375 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-24 20:12:12

At 7/24/03 06:10 PM, DocMonster wrote:
The best suggestion has been to try and rip them from an emulator. That's out of my area of experience. Someone else here may be able to tell you how.

My emulator doesn't have a print screen option...

When you publish your toon, publish it as an animated .GIF. Now, make sure you don't have any movie clips (MC) in your Flash because they won't animate.

When i do that it just exports for example 5 still pictures..

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-24 20:12:59

demonic superboy is here to fight for truth, justice and and a way to get that girls number

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-24 20:20:54

At 7/24/03 08:12 PM, DemonicSuperboy wrote: demonic superboy is here to fight for truth, justice and and a way to get that girls number

nice but i like the girls #part,lol

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-24 20:54:59

At 7/24/03 07:57 PM, Phoenix741 wrote: HEY, can someone please give me a link so i may get Fireworks MX, even if it is the 30 trial, i just need to try it out

Sometimes, running searches on search engines like www.Yahoo.com and / or www.Google.com can give you faster results. Here's a quick tutorial on how to run a solid search:

1) Get to one of the search engines mentioned above.
2) In the search window type what you're looking for in quotes. In this case, it should look like this:

"fireworks mx"

3) Now that will probably give you a lot of hits, so you'll want to narrow the search so add another keyword or words that'll narrow it down. Add a comma after the first quoted line and add the second piece in quotes as well. Like this:

"fireworks mx", "free download"

That should narrow your search to the page you're looking for. The quotes tell the search engine to look for those words in that specific grouping. I am 95% successful when I run searches like that. I hope this helps in the future.

To answer your question, the dowloads page for Macromedia is here . Good luck!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-24 22:12:56

At 7/24/03 08:12 PM, ZombieLoffe wrote: My emulator doesn't have a print screen option...

I have no idea what to tell you because I'm not familiar with emulators. Does your computer's keyboard have a button on it that says "Print Screen"? Mine does, but it's a Mac. I'm not sure if PC's have it as well.

When i do that (publish as a .GIF) it just exports for example 5 still pictures..

Here's a step-by-step in case you're missing something:
1) File > Publish Settings...
2) When the "Publish Settings" dialogue box opens, make sure to click on "GIF Image (.gif)". A tab titled "GIF" will appear near the top of the dialogue box.
3) Underneath "Dimensions" you'll find "Playback".
4) In the "Playback" heading, be sure to click on "Animated".
5) When you click on "Animated" make sure "Loop Continuously" is also clicked on.
6) Publish

This should take care of it. Good luck!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-24 22:14:55

At 7/24/03 08:12 PM, DemonicSuperboy wrote: demonic superboy is here to fight for truth, justice and and a way to get that girls number

That's pretty cool! I like it!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 07:14:15

hey um, i just got the 30 day trial of Fireworks, and um i was asking, can someone teach me like the basic skills in this, cause i dont even see how u can even recolor sprites,and it sucks 8-(

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 07:36:14

At 7/25/03 07:14 AM, Phoenix741 wrote: hey um, i just got the 30 day trial of Fireworks, and um i was asking, can someone teach me like the basic skills in this, cause i dont even see how u can even recolor sprites,and it sucks 8-(

Sorry, I've never used Fireworks. Maybe someone else around here can help you with the basics. I'm surprised it doesn't come with a tutorial since Macromedia is usually very good about including them with their programs.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 07:43:01

At 7/25/03 07:36 AM, DocMonster wrote:
Sorry, I've never used Fireworks. Maybe someone else around here can help you with the basics. I'm surprised it doesn't come with a tutorial since Macromedia is usually very good about including them with their programs.

I looked, but i got nothing 8-(

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 07:50:49

At 7/25/03 07:14 AM, Phoenix741 wrote: hey um, i just got the 30 day trial of Fireworks, and um i was asking, can someone teach me like the basic skills in this, cause i dont even see how u can even recolor sprites,and it sucks 8-(

its easy just open fire works with the sprite you wanna re colour.i like to zoom in on it about 800%. select the pencil tool and pick the colour you want since youv zoomed in so much you can see all the individal colours and if you just click with the pencil tool youll notice the line is the size of a pixel.i find that zooming in this close makes it way easier to edit sprites.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 07:52:48

At 7/25/03 07:50 AM, Niko1uk wrote:

its easy just open fire works with the sprite you wanna re colour.i like to zoom in on it about 800%. select the pencil tool and pick the colour you want since youv zoomed in so much you can see all the individal colours and if you just click with the pencil tool youll notice the line is the size of a pixel.i find that zooming in this close makes it way easier to edit sprites.

o........i thought there was like a certian action you could do to recolor thhe sprites, like right clik then click recolor, lol, man do i look like an idiot, 8-(, well that sucks

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 07:58:58

At 7/25/03 07:52 AM, Phoenix741 wrote:
At 7/25/03 07:50 AM, Niko1uk wrote:
o........i thought there was like a certian action you could do to recolor thhe sprites, like right clik then click recolor, lol, man do i look like an idiot, 8-(, well that sucks

there may be a diferent way an easier way like you wanted.im still a newbie to fire works.go to help and then go to tutorials or lessons they basically tell you everything you need to know.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 08:13:58

k thanks

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 09:24:22

At 7/24/03 10:12 PM, DocMonster wrote: Does your computer's keyboard have a button on it that says "Print Screen"?

Sure PCs does but if you use it it just comes with alot of sprites and score count and even the mouse icon.

1) File > Publish Settings...
2) When the "Publish Settings" dialogue box opens, make sure to click on "GIF Image (.gif)". A tab titled "GIF" will appear near the top of the dialogue box.
3) Underneath "Dimensions" you'll find "Playback".
4) In the "Playback" heading, be sure to click on "Animated".
5) When you click on "Animated" make sure "Loop Continuously" is also clicked on.
6) Publish

It didnt help... Everything that's supposed to be clicked(according your list) is clicked and it still just exports as a number of still pictures

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 09:27:11

Ok im just kidding it does work. Hadnt done it properly :)

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 09:35:58

heres a sprite i recoloured with fire works.i only recoloured a couple bits of it.

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 09:38:17

heres the origanal sprite

Sprite Club

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 09:46:26

At 7/25/03 09:35 AM, Niko1uk wrote: heres a sprite i recoloured with fire works.i only recoloured a couple bits of it.

hey thats cool, how long did it take u

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 09:48:33

At 7/25/03 09:38 AM, Niko1uk wrote: heres the origanal sprite

sorry to say this but....
recoloring sux.
but evryone starts from that point!

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 09:50:26

At 7/25/03 09:48 AM, -Majin- wrote:
At 7/25/03 09:38 AM, Niko1uk wrote: heres the origanal sprite
sorry to say this but....
recoloring sux.
but evryone starts from that point!

lets see u try it

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 09:55:26

At 7/25/03 09:50 AM, Phoenix741 wrote: lets see u try it

lets not start arguing ppl.majin is experianced i editing and recolouering sprites hes posted some awsome ons in tis thread.it only took me 5 minutes fireworks is quite good to work with.i know a bit about it so if youve got any questions just ask and if you want help customising sprites then majin and doc are the ones to ask.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 10:03:32

ok, i will shut up then

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 10:03:35

pheonix what sprite is it your trying to edit anyway.ill try to help you out as much as i can.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 10:09:14

At 7/25/03 09:27 AM, ZombieLoffe wrote: Ok im just kidding it does work. Hadnt done it properly :)

OH GREAT! No how am I gonna get all that hair back that I just pulled out?! I'm bald enough as it is! ; )

Seriously, though, I'm glad it worked for you. Are you gonna use it to make your own animated sig pic?

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 10:09:20

this one, i want to make it red, and add wings

Sprite Club

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 10:18:29

At 7/25/03 09:55 AM, Niko1uk wrote: i know a bit about it so if youve got any questions just ask and if you want help customising sprites then majin and doc are the ones to ask.

Way to step up to the plate, Niko1uk! Good job!

DML News - Progress on my sprite toon is going smoothly. I should be done with the script today and some of the character designs have been drawn on paper. The black guy I posted earlier on ( Page 6 ) is the main character though I'm gonna tweak his costume a bit. It's looking like the story is going to be a one shot deal though I never really know until I write the last line of dialogue. Next week I'm hoping to finish up the character designs and start the storyboards.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 10:18:56

ok open it up with fireworks and it will be shown on a screen with tabs above it.click on the last tab then on the first one.this makes it a little bigger.go to vie then magnification and set it to 400%.then select the pencil tool and then pick the colour red.now all you have to do is colour it red where you want it to be red.now that youve done that select the colour black and draw the wings.rememer that it will draw as pixels so you might wanna mess around with it for a while untill you get the colours perfect and the shape of the wings right.good luck with it and dont take it too seriously have fun with it.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 10:22:59

At 7/25/03 10:18 AM, DocMonster wrote:
DML News - Progress on my sprite toon is going smoothly. I should be done with the script today and some of the character designs have been drawn on paper. The black guy I posted earlier on ( Page 6 ) is the main character though I'm gonna tweak his costume a bit. It's looking like the story is going to be a one shot deal though I never really know until I write the last line of dialogue. Next week I'm hoping to finish up the character designs and start the storyboards.

excellent im looking forward to it.if its anything like your pp ding movie itll be great.i loved that last line "where does pp ding go after the battle is over"couldnt stop laughing.remember to post a link when its done.

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 10:29:01

At 7/25/03 10:18 AM, Niko1uk wrote: ok open it up with fireworks and it will be shown on a screen with tabs above it.click on the last tab then on the first one.this makes it a little bigger.go to vie then magnification and set it to 400%.then select the pencil tool and then pick the colour red.now all you have to do is colour it red where you want it to be red.now that youve done that select the colour black and draw the wings.rememer that it will draw as pixels so you might wanna mess around with it for a while untill you get the colours perfect and the shape of the wings right.good luck with it and dont take it too seriously have fun with it.

well i know that part, but some recoloring is like really good, i mean look at this, -NATHAN- did that for me, and i think he used fire works, i mean how did he get the shadows and the other stuff right also

Sprite Club

BBS Signature

Response to Sprite Club 2003-07-25 10:47:49

At 7/25/03 10:29 AM, Phoenix741 wrote:
well i know that part, but some recoloring is like really good, i mean look at this, -NATHAN- did that for me, and i think he used fire works, i mean how did he get the shadows and the other stuff right also

well when you zoom in that sprite youll notice diferent shades of colours in the shaded areas.youll find dark reds or dark greys.youll notice even in the unshaded bits there will be diferent shades of colours.the trick is to figure out where to put the diferent shades of colours.i suggest you look at the sprite that your editing and look where you see th dark shades of colour are and re couler them with the darkest shade of the colour you want to use.for shadows i recommend a dark grey or a light black.(so the shading dosent blend in with the out lines and detail lines of the sprites).if you dont understand anything ive typed then just say.sometimes i make things seem confusing or complicated more than they really are.due to over typing