00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

LOCKdev just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

946,388 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-13 12:46:34

At 9/13/12 12:14 AM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote:
At 9/8/12 04:10 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: it was announced in 06 AND HAS YET TO GO INTO Full PRODUCTION and thats its official status.
Actually it went into full production somewhat recently.

I still consider it VaporWare until I see a trailer and the fact that Nomura is the director and the production history is full of incompetence I am not holding my breath.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-13 18:21:41

At 9/13/12 12:44 PM, Travis wrote:
At 9/10/12 07:55 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: Please don't throw the fact I didn't play the game in my face, you can accurately judge something without experiencing it first hand.
This comment made me laugh.

Anyone got any thoughts if Agni will be our main character in FF XV?

Please, I invite you to play Barbie: Horse Adventure seeing as there is no possible way for you to know if you'll enjoy it before you play it!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-16 01:21:03

Hmmm I stopped liking the games after 10.

It really went down hill from there

Before they were fucking awesome. Spent 80% of my childhood playing or talking about them.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-17 13:58:15

I am currently saving funds to get the remaining spinoffs and sequels for the FF series noted in the FFWIKIA. I have all of the Core Series and all of FFVII Compiliation X-2 all the way to XIII and a few others like crystal chronicals.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-17 14:25:57

At 9/17/12 01:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I am currently saving funds to get the remaining spinoffs and sequels for the FF series noted in the FFWIKIA. I have all of the Core Series and all of FFVII Compiliation X-2 all the way to XIII and a few others like crystal chronicals.

Just in case you want a complete list: http://jackho.newgrounds.com/news/post/610678

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-17 21:21:02

At 9/17/12 02:25 PM, Jackho wrote: Just in case you want a complete list: http://jackho.newgrounds.com/news/post/610678

I got a good chunk of that already! though the FF wikia is just as good.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-19 18:52:41

did you know besides FFVII, FFXI is the MOST PROFITABLE game out of the whole franchise?

it beats that piece of shit series that is XIII.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-22 16:43:08

At 9/20/12 07:56 PM, Travis wrote: Stop.

Never. anywho I have to uninstall and reinstall the entire FFXI program on my Xbox because of a software glitch and thats going to take FOREVER. the amount of data is about 9-12GBs and I have to do it Via Wifi what a pain in the ass.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-24 14:07:20

Just switched to my Dark Knight Job in FFXI high level but the magic skills are poor as fuck ( the Magic system is that of american II where you have to use magic to level it)

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-25 11:23:31

I finally beat Final Fantasy Tactics yesterday.

I lost my save file last time I went through it, when I was like right before the final streak of battles. Back then I couldn't be arsed to give it another go, but a few weeks ago I decided to pick it up again.

I didn't even have such a high leveled party this time. I had Ramza at level 35 and the rest between 30 and 40. My Wizard with Math Skill character kicked so much ass in the last battles that I could almost entirely rely on her. I had her do 999 damage with Holy on Altima, who I managed to kill before she even got a chance to attack. So yeah, I had a much better party this time which made the final battles quite easy.

Anyway, that's another Final Fantasy title down.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-26 02:17:13

9/25/12 11:23 AM, Auz wrote:

I finally beat Final Fantasy Tactics yesterday.

I lost my save file last time I went through it, when I was like right before the final streak of battles. Back then I couldn't be arsed to give it another go, but a few weeks ago I decided to pick it up again.

I didn't even have such a high leveled party this time. I had Ramza at level 35 and the rest between 30 and 40. My Wizard with Math Skill character kicked so much ass in the last battles that I could almost entirely rely on her. I had her do 999 damage with Holy on Altima, who I managed to kill before she even got a chance to attack. So yeah, I had a much better party this time which made the final battles quite easy.

Anyway, that's another Final Fantasy title down.

Congrats on completing one of the best games ever made. I believe it can be completed as low as the lower 20's, but it has been a while since I played the vanilla tactics.

try the hard mod. :) http://www.insanedifficulty.com/index.php/games

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-26 02:21:27

With my last reply I visited http://insanedifficulty.com/ and read some of their articles. I implore you to read the Squaresoft vs. SquareEnix article. I 100% agree with everything in the article.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-26 02:24:32

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-10-08 21:03:47

This club is lively and full of discussion.

My sarcasm is currently choking me.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-10-09 07:19:36

While i didn't mind FF13, and played through the whole game, it definately wasn't anywhere close to the best. I haven't got FF13-2 yet, but will no doubt eventually end up getting it, to add to my collection. But to be honest, i would prefer if they left the sequels alone, and just made new games with fresh characters, worlds and stories.

I think they should go for something similar to FF tactics again. That kind of world/setting, with up to date graphics, and good old fashion turn based battles where you can choose exactly what to do with your team.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-10-09 20:44:33

Did anybody actually watch the link I posted a while back, showing a tech demo Square worked on which could possibly be FFXV?

Really looking for some input because it looks bitching and perhaps a return to form for the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UVX0O UO9ptU

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-10-10 06:20:56

My favorite game is IV

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-10-13 02:01:25

New FFXI expansion coming for its gamers!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-10-15 03:16:49

doing some Chocobo Racing in FFXI I swear to god this is the greatest not only can you race yourself you can win gil and make it rich and in a MMORPG that is great and the best part is its in HD!! its like they took choco racing from FFVII and made a awesome baby out of it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-11-01 12:38:00

R.I.P. FF Club.

Due to inactivity and low traffic I probably won't be posting here until a new game comes out. Ciao guys.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-11-03 15:39:55

At 11/1/12 12:38 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: R.I.P. FF Club.

Due to inactivity and low traffic I probably won't be posting here until a new game comes out. Ciao guys.

yeah its pretty slow.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-01 17:52:09

just a fun fact Final Fantasy XIV cost 150Mil to develop and a extra 50M to revamp it to a Realm Reborn when they could have scrapped that piece of shit game and made a HD remake of FFVII with a voice cast. but no they want to keep on with garbage like XIV and the XIII series.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-10 20:50:05

At 12/1/12 05:52 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: just a fun fact Final Fantasy XIV cost 150Mil to develop and a extra 50M to revamp it to a Realm Reborn when they could have scrapped that piece of shit game and made a HD remake of FFVII with a voice cast. but no they want to keep on with garbage like XIV and the XIII series.

Meh, I still enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII. But I will admit I will be glad whenever they start on XV, whenever the hell that will be. I have no interest in XIV on the other hand and, even after it has entered full production, I haven't heard of any news about Final Fantasy Versus XIII other than that it has, in fact, entered full production. Go figure.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-10 22:03:09

At 12/1/12 05:52 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: just a fun fact Final Fantasy XIV cost 150Mil to develop and a extra 50M to revamp it to a Realm Reborn when they could have scrapped that piece of shit game and made a HD remake of FFVII with a voice cast.

That would be an even bigger waste of money. Why make any new games at all? Why not just remake every FF game they've already made because apparently it's the untapped gold mine?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-16 07:08:06

At 12/16/12 03:59 AM, Austerity wrote: Honestly I believe that the inevitable VII remake will not be as good as the original. I'll still play it, however.

Square is scared of remaking FFVII. They know if they undertake the project and it is a disappointment, that is the end of nostalgia money.

I've pretty much given up on the series, however you better believe I'll give FFXV a nice good look when it comes out.

On a side note, I've recently replayed The Last Story, and I think I was a bit harsh on it before. It is a solid game, I prefer Lost Odyssey, but it's definitely worth a play if you're an old bastard like me who despises the recent FF games and needs his fix.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-16 11:31:12

At 12/16/12 07:08 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Square is scared of remaking FFVII. They know if they undertake the project and it is a disappointment, that is the end of nostalgia money.

Yeah that very true. Still, if they ever do make one, which they won't like you said, they should keep it all original. Remixed music and the storyline the same, no additives.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-17 08:13:03

At 12/17/12 12:52 AM, Austerity wrote: I'd rather have FFXV, FFXVI, FFXVII and FFXVIII than FFXIII-2, FFX remake, FFXIII-3 and FFVII remake.

Don't we all? Well, maybe minus the FFVII remake part but everything else, I'd much rather have NEW titles than more FFXIII. It's sad that Square can't realise that at all. At least for now I have no anticipation for any Final Fantasy at all until Square can fix their shit but even then, that's IF they do take better directions with the series.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-30 09:34:04

At 12/27/12 01:52 PM, Austerity wrote: Can anyone correctly guess what FF creature my current avatar is?

That is a master tonberry from ff6. To be honest I really dont know what's happening in the world of Final Fantasy. If they do remake FF7 I would most likely get it because I've heard it's debatably the best Final Fantasy and It'll probably be in my budget, seriously a PS one copy I've seen at my game store is 55$. As for FFX remake, I would love that because FFX is my 1st played and beaten Final Fantasy game, yes the characters can be annoying but I love everything else, the gameplay, the aeons, and the blitzball minigame.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-30 12:15:37

At 12/30/12 09:34 AM, omega88x wrote: seriously a PS one copy I've seen at my game store is 55$

$15-20 on ebay, $10 on PSN. It's not actually rare, people just sort of like to pretend it is. Buying old games in stores is generally a bad idea too.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-01 16:39:55

At 12/30/12 12:15 PM, Jackho wrote: Buying old games in stores is generally a bad idea too.
Why? Collectors are very willing to shell out for old games.

Because you can always get them cheaper, quicker and easier online. It's more feasible in the US but I still think you're better off staying online.