00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

srirachachau just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

947,497 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-13 23:21:56

At 7/13/12 07:46 PM, majormelthesackboy wrote: Does anyone know how to defeat that robot when you get to shinra's under water base? I keep getting my party ( cid, cloud, vincent ) KO'd. I've tried using Regen on all my party members, but that fucker is using some reflect move even when he hasn't casted it. I also trid using lightning attacks as well. Should I just grind?

I believe you're talking about Carry Armor. Right, that son of a bitch is tough.
If you have Magic Hammer, cast it three times on the body to nullify it's powerful Lapis Laser, and then destroy both arms (focus your attacks on only one arm at a time).
Without the MP and the arms, he has no attacks.
But to learn Magic Hammer, you need to go to Wutai Area and manipulate the enemies there, if l remember correctly.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-14 11:27:45

At 7/13/12 02:06 PM, Jackho wrote: How far are you?

I'm at the ShinRa parade.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-14 18:16:00

At 7/14/12 11:27 AM, ZeldaFan64DS wrote:
At 7/13/12 02:06 PM, Jackho wrote: How far are you?
I'm at the ShinRa parade.

go back to the world map and there will be a forest by the mythril mines and a stream theres one there One in mythril its self and the Midgar zolom.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-16 21:43:43

they came out with another Dissedia Related game Fucking Nomura Tetsuya if he would stop milking the fucking series and give us what we want maybe people would be a little happier with SE and him. but no dont give us what we want:

FFXIII Versus (probably garbage like the rest of the XIII series)
FFVII Remastery
Kingdom hearts III

fuck that guy

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-23 02:38:32

Possible FFXV anyone?

Was curious if anyone had seen this yet and their opinion about it. We all know Square can make gorgeous tech demos and trailers, but I really do hope this transpires to be a game of some kind, as it looks bitching as hell.

Square,I want to love you... it's just... you've hurt me so much..

*tear*

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-07-23 06:34:18

At 7/23/12 02:38 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Possible FFXV anyone?
Square,I want to love you... it's just... you've hurt me so much..

well here a FF Versus trailer thats marked 2011 thats 6 minutes long.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-08-02 07:40:39

At 7/27/12 12:30 AM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Tony, Nomura isn't the sole mastermind behind the Final Fantasy series nowadays. God why does nobody know this.

then why does he have so much sway in the development in Department one which deals with SE's star franchise? if you know anything about the business if you been there long enough and made something famous you have alot of sway in the development and the higher ups won't question due to past successes.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-08-29 22:46:50

At 8/28/12 07:06 PM, Travis wrote: Final Fantasy Lightning Saga announcement this Saturday.

not actually called that

I'm excited for FF XIII-3 and hopefully IT CAPS OFF THIS SHIT.

milk that stupid game series for all its worth Nomura Tetsuya refuse to give us what we want

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-08-30 09:46:17

At 8/28/12 07:06 PM, Travis wrote: I'm excited for FF XIII-3 and hopefully IT CAPS OFF THIS SHIT.

Yeah, I'm switching off to this. At least rate we'll never have FFXV which is something they should have announced by now. FFXIII was announced in 2006 and six years later there's still no word on the next major Final Fantasy title. It's like they don't even care anymore.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-01 11:32:08

I kind of sort of almost want it.

If it had the original versions instead of the playstation re-releases, every soundtrack, all of the good spinoffs and cost $100 less then maybe. You could buy all of the originals for about $120 altogether (jap versions, english versions are a bit more expensive).

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-01 19:17:59

At 9/1/12 11:32 AM, Jackho wrote: If it had the original versions instead of the playstation re-releases, every soundtrack, all of the good spinoffs and cost $100 less then maybe. You could buy all of the originals for about $120 altogether (jap versions, english versions are a bit more expensive).

I WANTS it thank you.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-02 03:20:56

I only have XIII-2 so I have a full collection otherwise that piece of shit is just collecting dust.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-02 09:13:02

At 9/2/12 03:20 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I only have XIII-2 so I have a full collection otherwise that piece of shit is just collecting dust.

But does your collection contain FFXI and XIV? I wouldn't blame you if you excluded them. Infact, I stopped caring about having a Final Fantasy collection the moment they made FFXI MMORPG. I only borrowed FFXIII off my future brother in law...

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-02 09:32:52

At 9/1/12 05:18 PM, HikarutheHedgehog wrote: Holy fuck, that CD art. Amano never ceases to amaze me.

Yeah, it's the disc art and art book that makes me want it. Kind of a shame that the only people interested in this would probably already have all of them in some form.

At 9/2/12 09:13 AM, Bahamut wrote: But does your collection contain FFXI and XIV? I wouldn't blame you if you excluded them. Infact, I stopped caring about having a Final Fantasy collection the moment they made FFXI MMORPG. I only borrowed FFXIII off my future brother in law...

XI was actually very good, and this is coming from someone who hates MMOs. I've been hearing many good things about XIV lately too. The really should be called Final Fantasy Online 1 & 2 though, there was absolutely no reason to make them main series games.

At 9/1/12 10:56 PM, Travis wrote: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

hurr

Final Fantasy Club

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-02 21:34:31

At 9/2/12 09:13 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 9/2/12 03:20 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I only have XIII-2 so I have a full collection otherwise that piece of shit is just collecting dust.
But does your collection contain FFXI and XIV? I wouldn't blame you if you excluded them. Infact, I stopped caring about having a Final Fantasy collection the moment they made FFXI MMORPG. I only borrowed FFXIII off my future brother in law...

yup. XI is excellent though I still play it you can make your own character change your class type anytime you want and you have a sub class (so I could be a level 20 White mage and y sub class could be level 10 Black mage with all its abilities and perks as long as it is leveled properly) you have chocobo breeding/Racing LIKE VII!!! a somewhat PvP system a horde wave system tons of missions and quests that give storylines.

and much more. though I hated XIV but I still have it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-03 07:33:39

At 9/2/12 09:32 AM, Jackho wrote:
At 9/1/12 10:56 PM, Travis wrote: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
hurr

I lol'd!

At 9/2/12 09:34 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: and much more. though I hated XIV but I still have it.

To be fair, I shouldn't question anyone who has XI and XIV in their collection when I collect bad albums for my CD collection as well but at least they can be played. Since I don't play MMO, I feel I can't play XI and XIV at all.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-04 08:01:11

At 9/3/12 07:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: To be fair, I shouldn't question anyone who has XI and XIV in their collection when I collect bad albums for my CD collection as well but at least they can be played. Since I don't play MMO, I feel I can't play XI and XIV at all.

if you play XI and get far enough you will love it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-04 09:18:21

At 9/4/12 08:01 AM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote:
At 9/3/12 07:33 AM, Bahamut wrote: To be fair, I shouldn't question anyone who has XI and XIV in their collection when I collect bad albums for my CD collection as well but at least they can be played. Since I don't play MMO, I feel I can't play XI and XIV at all.
if you play XI and get far enough you will love it.

Since I don't like to pay subscriptions for any game (this is why I don't have a 360), you may as well forget about me playing it, let alone enjoy it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-04 16:46:51

At 9/4/12 09:18 AM, Bahamut wrote: Since I don't like to pay subscriptions for any game (this is why I don't have a 360), you may as well forget about me playing it, let alone enjoy it.

a one year subscription to live is live 50-60 bucks and the sub for FFXI is 9 monthly and 50 cents for every extra character account . its not that bad actually its pretty cheap.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-06 21:41:49

I feel really bad for not stopping by this club more often, but sadly there isn't anything of value to dsicsuss nowadays.

Oh and just when I think Square cannot sink any lower, they announce XIII-3.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

They keep digging themselves deeper and deeper on my shitlist, and for the time being I'm considering them a lost cause.

In other news, received The Last Story(Wii, Mistwalker) and am about 10 hours in. Pretty generic so far, hoping it picks up soon. If it turns out to be complete shit I'll just be so damn disappointed.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-07 04:59:36

At 9/6/12 10:45 PM, Travis wrote: ? How did square sink low when they are finishing a story up and the way I've understood it.

they should have finished the story at the end of the first game, it was perfect how it ended. kind of like one of those epic poems. but in SE fashion they decided since it finished like that and it got good reception why not make sequels instead of working on VERSUS or KH# or even a remastery of VII?

it looks like its going to be Kingdom Hearts styled fighting.

that makes it worse.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-07 21:33:04

At 9/6/12 10:45 PM, Travis wrote:
At 9/6/12 09:41 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: I feel really bad for not stopping by this club more often, but sadly there isn't anything of value to dsicsuss nowadays.

Oh and just when I think Square cannot sink any lower, they announce XIII-3.

*clap* *clap* *clap*
What is so bad about XIII-3 being announced? How did square sink low when they are finishing a story up and the way I've understood it... it looks like its going to be Kingdom Hearts styled fighting.

I desire entirely new worlds/plot/characters/etc with each new game, it is how the franchise operated up until 2003. The story should have been completed in the first game, but since Square is hemorraging money atm they're creating sequal after sequal so they can use the same engine, character models, don't have to create new worlds, etc and it is really tiresome to sit with a thumb up my ass for years seeing as I don't enjoy the XIII universe to begin with.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-07 21:46:43

At 9/7/12 04:00 PM, Travis wrote:
How? I don't like Kingdom Hearts games at all, but I can admit that the battle system is pretty damn good.

I disagree, the original Kingdom Hearts is the only one I can stomach due to it's originality, charm and the storyline wasn't convoluted as fuck. The battle system is just your typical button masher I don't see why people praise this aspect of the game. The part most worth praising is the OST.

For combat mechanics see Demon Souls.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-07 21:52:48

At 9/7/12 09:45 PM, Travis wrote:
At 9/7/12 09:33 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: I desire entirely new worlds/plot/characters/etc with each new game, it is how the franchise operated up until 2003. The story should have been completed in the first game, but since Square is hemorraging money atm they're creating sequal after sequal so they can use the same engine, character models, don't have to create new worlds, etc and it is really tiresome to sit with a thumb up my ass for years seeing as I don't enjoy the XIII universe to begin with.
It took 6 years to create Final Fantasy XIII with the Crystal Tools engine. I don't want a 6 year development cycle, I'm not getting any younger. 2-3 would be fine. Also they are using Crystal Tools to create Versus XIII, not a sequel, just the same engine.

Other developers can put out games of similar or higher caliber in less time, I blame incompetance and the emphasis on graphics over gameplay.

Also did you even play XIII-2 and have you even looked at the direction they are taking XIII-3? The world's are EXTREMELY different in each one.

First Final Fantasy game I completely skipped. I've completed every main FF game+Tactics excdept XIII and XIII-2 and soon to be XIII-3. I played the original game up to Chapter 11 and I just had enough. I don't feel like writing a novel, but if you want to know my exact feelings I can link you to someone else's rant that explains my feelings perfectly.

I didn't enjoy any Final Fantasy after 7 up until 13. That means I didn't like ANY Final Fantasy game for around 12 years. Did I bitch and complain? No, I went backwards and discovered FF5 and 6 which are two of my favorites in the series.

You didn't enjoy FFIX? I agree FFVIII has it's low points but people bash it a little too harshly imo. I'm not really bitching and complaining, more or less lamenting the loss of my favorite developer. They have done nothing but disappoint me over the last decade and I'm still trying to get over it.

Have you played tactics? Imho Square's masterpiece.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-07 22:02:02

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-08 04:10:21

At 9/7/12 04:00 PM, Travis wrote: Perfect? Fang and Vanille were subjected to their clockwork fate of forever being trapped in crystal. Yep, that was a perfect ending. It was a melancholy ending.

it was a good ending, just like VII and X there were loses but in the end the good guys won, but no they had to make shitty sequels because of reception and the sales of the games if they do good enough why not make a sequel? its a dangerous trend SE is doing.

Versus XIII has been being worked on forever now, it's still being worked on.

it was announced in 06 AND HAS YET TO GO INTO Full PRODUCTION and thats its official status.

How? I don't like Kingdom Hearts games at all, but I can admit that the battle system is pretty damn good.

meh the XIII or Turn base dictated by Agility status is better.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-10 19:55:10

At 9/7/12 10:55 PM, Travis wrote:
At 9/7/12 09:52 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: Other developers can put out games of similar or higher caliber in less time, I blame incompetance and the emphasis on graphics over gameplay.
How many of those games actually put out a 50 hour campaign? XIII was around a 50 hour campaign.

Quality over quantity mate, 90% of the game could be completed with auto battle and the other 10% was just a simple paradigm setup beforehand.

Also did you even play XIII-2 and have you even looked at the direction they are taking XIII-3? The world's are EXTREMELY different in each one.
First Final Fantasy game I completely skipped.
I stopped reading here. You said earlier you wanted a game with a new world, plot, etc. XIII-2 was a literal 360 from what XIII was, so if you completely skipped it and are trying to throw out your paper thin opinions about something YOU DIDN'T EVEN PLAY, then this conversation is over.

Why would I buy a sequal to a game I despised? I have watched gameplay etc and it didn't look worthy of me shitting on tbh. Please don't throw the fact I didn't play the game in my face, you can accurately judge something without experiencing it first hand. I don't need to play it, I can already see:

1) Horrible character designs + laughably shallow, generic emo kid and pigtails adventures
2) Melodrama, more pressing auto battle

I was going to continue this list but it's giving me a headache, again the youtube links I provided perfectly describe my feelings better than I could explain at the moment. What Final Fantasy has turned into is not what I enjoyed about the series, the magic is lost I just hope they can rekindle it.

Perhaps I just seek a different experience with rpgs nowadays, as I've grown older. I prefer more mature stories etc etc

Have you played Lost Odyssey? THAT was a FF game mate.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-10 21:42:02

I just realized if Cloud strife had kids if his choco hair would be a dominant gene. what a horrible thing to pass on.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-11 16:41:23

another thing I realized chocobos look damn tasty I wonder what chocobos would taste like with 11 Secret Herbs And Spices?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-09-11 19:40:05

Good news for FFXI A whole new full-scale expansion, two new jobs (Geomancer and Runic Knight), AND a new director. That last part might be the most exciting, Hiromichi Tanaka is retiring. He's the guy who ruined FFXIV, and was then exiled back to XI and subsequently ground the excitement in FFXI from the EXCELLENT Abyssea expansions to a screeching halt with outdated and stubborn design philosophies. Now, Akihiko Matsui will be in charge of FFXI - he was also in charge during the Abyssea renaissance in 2010 while Tanaka took a leave to go work on FFXIV.
Tanaka was instrumental in launching FFXI, and did some awesome work on single player RPGs in the past (Chrono Cross, Secret of Mana). But in recent years he has become increasingly out of touch with MMO players, and seemed to actively TRY to impose his will as opposed to listen to mounting complaints from players.

can't wait new Jobs!