00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Final Fantasy Club

803,227 Views | 25,860 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-10-15 03:16:49

doing some Chocobo Racing in FFXI I swear to god this is the greatest not only can you race yourself you can win gil and make it rich and in a MMORPG that is great and the best part is its in HD!! its like they took choco racing from FFVII and made a awesome baby out of it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-11-01 12:38:00

R.I.P. FF Club.

Due to inactivity and low traffic I probably won't be posting here until a new game comes out. Ciao guys.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-11-03 15:39:55

At 11/1/12 12:38 PM, FallenMartyr wrote: R.I.P. FF Club.

Due to inactivity and low traffic I probably won't be posting here until a new game comes out. Ciao guys.

yeah its pretty slow.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-01 17:52:09

just a fun fact Final Fantasy XIV cost 150Mil to develop and a extra 50M to revamp it to a Realm Reborn when they could have scrapped that piece of shit game and made a HD remake of FFVII with a voice cast. but no they want to keep on with garbage like XIV and the XIII series.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-10 20:50:05

At 12/1/12 05:52 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: just a fun fact Final Fantasy XIV cost 150Mil to develop and a extra 50M to revamp it to a Realm Reborn when they could have scrapped that piece of shit game and made a HD remake of FFVII with a voice cast. but no they want to keep on with garbage like XIV and the XIII series.

Meh, I still enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII. But I will admit I will be glad whenever they start on XV, whenever the hell that will be. I have no interest in XIV on the other hand and, even after it has entered full production, I haven't heard of any news about Final Fantasy Versus XIII other than that it has, in fact, entered full production. Go figure.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-10 22:03:09

At 12/1/12 05:52 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: just a fun fact Final Fantasy XIV cost 150Mil to develop and a extra 50M to revamp it to a Realm Reborn when they could have scrapped that piece of shit game and made a HD remake of FFVII with a voice cast.

That would be an even bigger waste of money. Why make any new games at all? Why not just remake every FF game they've already made because apparently it's the untapped gold mine?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-16 07:08:06

At 12/16/12 03:59 AM, Austerity wrote: Honestly I believe that the inevitable VII remake will not be as good as the original. I'll still play it, however.

Square is scared of remaking FFVII. They know if they undertake the project and it is a disappointment, that is the end of nostalgia money.

I've pretty much given up on the series, however you better believe I'll give FFXV a nice good look when it comes out.

On a side note, I've recently replayed The Last Story, and I think I was a bit harsh on it before. It is a solid game, I prefer Lost Odyssey, but it's definitely worth a play if you're an old bastard like me who despises the recent FF games and needs his fix.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-16 11:31:12

At 12/16/12 07:08 AM, FallenMartyr wrote: Square is scared of remaking FFVII. They know if they undertake the project and it is a disappointment, that is the end of nostalgia money.

Yeah that very true. Still, if they ever do make one, which they won't like you said, they should keep it all original. Remixed music and the storyline the same, no additives.

Guinness Book of World Record holder for the game Blur on Xbox 360, NG's Legendary Member.

Click my sig to see the best Newgrounds flash EVA! Give it a review as well. ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-17 08:13:03

At 12/17/12 12:52 AM, Austerity wrote: I'd rather have FFXV, FFXVI, FFXVII and FFXVIII than FFXIII-2, FFX remake, FFXIII-3 and FFVII remake.

Don't we all? Well, maybe minus the FFVII remake part but everything else, I'd much rather have NEW titles than more FFXIII. It's sad that Square can't realise that at all. At least for now I have no anticipation for any Final Fantasy at all until Square can fix their shit but even then, that's IF they do take better directions with the series.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-30 09:34:04

At 12/27/12 01:52 PM, Austerity wrote: Can anyone correctly guess what FF creature my current avatar is?

That is a master tonberry from ff6. To be honest I really dont know what's happening in the world of Final Fantasy. If they do remake FF7 I would most likely get it because I've heard it's debatably the best Final Fantasy and It'll probably be in my budget, seriously a PS one copy I've seen at my game store is 55$. As for FFX remake, I would love that because FFX is my 1st played and beaten Final Fantasy game, yes the characters can be annoying but I love everything else, the gameplay, the aeons, and the blitzball minigame.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2012-12-30 12:15:37

At 12/30/12 09:34 AM, omega88x wrote: seriously a PS one copy I've seen at my game store is 55$

$15-20 on ebay, $10 on PSN. It's not actually rare, people just sort of like to pretend it is. Buying old games in stores is generally a bad idea too.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-01 16:39:55

At 12/30/12 12:15 PM, Jackho wrote: Buying old games in stores is generally a bad idea too.
Why? Collectors are very willing to shell out for old games.

Because you can always get them cheaper, quicker and easier online. It's more feasible in the US but I still think you're better off staying online.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-01 22:59:58

I would rather get new FFs than sequels to XIII. and you wanna hear something fucked up? they spent $250M making FFXIV (its a online) then it flopped revamped it hardcore spending another $50M , but they won't make a FFVII remake something the fans want but will shell out uber money for a flop no one barely plays.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-02 08:45:42

At 1/1/13 05:15 PM, Austerity wrote: You mean buying them off of PSN or XBLA? I'm talking about original physical copies of the games.

I meant on ebay

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-02 10:04:54

At 1/1/13 05:15 PM, Austerity wrote

Someone guess what my new avatar is.

Thats a flan from ff6, just a normal flan. I saw a copy of FF13-2 for 20$ should I go for it, I actually did enjoy FF13 so maybe I'll like this one too.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-03 12:42:07

At 1/2/13 01:36 PM, SCTE3 wrote: Any idea where I could buy both games at a reasonable price?

Ebay, yo. If you really want to save money you could just get the individual discs you need. Or PSN if you don't mind having a digital copy.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-03 17:33:19

At 1/2/13 04:03 PM, Austerity wrote: This is so strange. I've gone to two different friends houses around 1999-2001 to play FFVIII and both times the last disc was scratched so the final cutscene wouldn't work. Perhaps it is a FFVIII curse.

FFVIII has a disc problem in one scene with a sword in the wall, also alot of people seem to have problems with FFVIII

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-04 18:37:58

I would rather get new FFs than sequels to XIII. and you wanna hear something fucked up? they spent $250M making FFXIV (its a online) then it flopped revamped it hardcore spending another $50M , but they won't make a FFVII remake something the fans want but will shell out uber money for a flop no one barely plays.

they are just using the COD method now milking it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-05 21:33:41

At 1/4/13 06:37 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: I would rather get new FFs than sequels to XIII. and you wanna hear something fucked up? they spent $250M making FFXIV (its a online) then it flopped revamped it hardcore spending another $50M , but they won't make a FFVII remake something the fans want but will shell out uber money for a flop no one barely plays.

they are just using the COD method now milking it.

I'd be shocked if they don't remake Final Fantasy VII at some point over the next decade. They've remade Final Fantasy I-IV already and ported all of the others up to XI. It's only a matter of time despite their claims that they won't remake it.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-05 21:58:33

At 1/5/13 05:51 PM, Austerity wrote: It's alright now that I think about it, because they need to make money somehow. You can either get one new FF game every four years, or get sequels every other year in addition to a new FF in four years.

true but at least give the fans what they want in a game ya know?

Retarded sports games make shit tons of money every year with the same damn game, but FF games put a lot of work into something that only comes out 2-3 times a decade now.

true with heavy graphics (which takes up alot of space) the story voice acting etc, but at least put effort into them and the sequels because it doesn't seem like it past XII. and Versus still hasn't come out and its been 7 years (fucking Nomura)

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-05 22:39:00

At 1/5/13 10:01 PM, Travis wrote:
At 1/5/13 09:58 PM, Tony-DarkGrave wrote: (fucking Nomura)
Yep... the person single handedly responsible for the downfall of Final Fantasy.

all senior developers have quite a bit of say in making the games, you of all people should know that, though he's just one of the problems at Square Enix.

I miss realistic masculine looking characters from FF6... He wasn't lead until FF7. I can handle FF7 and FF8, but after that... it's fucking pathetic.

I dunno Cid, Auron, Jecht, Basch are kind of masculine.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-08 21:58:11

Well seeing as they've remade I-IV and are in the process of remaking V and are doing an HD update of X, I'd say that they are trying their best to follow the order chronologically. With any hope they'll remake VI (or just put it back out there) not just for mobile but for PSN/Xbox Live as well. So with the way they're going....give it a year or so tops, but remember that this is Square-Enix that we're talking about.

Whatever. I just want a true, new Final Fantasy. I'm all for the XIII series, but I'd like something new for a change. I know that I'm not going to get the re-release of XIV no matter how good somebody says it is.

I'm still waiting on Versus.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-10 18:41:09

At 1/8/13 11:35 PM, Travis wrote: FF11 isn't an FF.

yes it is, it's just online and there are story missions you can do but its your story to do and what YOU want to do, raise chocobo's, race raised chocobos, Treasure hunt, craft, story missions, Quests, Ballista, Brenner, Dynamis, Level up and get ultimate gear, summoning quests, Notorious Monsters.

and all sorts of minigames!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-14 09:19:44

At 1/12/13 10:21 AM, Travis wrote:
At 1/9/13 04:06 AM, Austerity wrote: Guess what FF enemy my new avatar is
Is that Atomos from FF5?

Looks more like Phantom from VI.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-19 20:10:52

At 1/17/13 07:12 AM, Austerity wrote: In other news, the newest FF game is Final Fantasy: All the Bravest, and it looks great. Up to 40 party members on the field at once!

http://www.jp.square-enix.com/ff_atb/

It looks potential filled but clearly a grab for cash when you look at the cash shop. I'll wait and see how the reception is after a few weeks and see if it holds up after the initial thrill of a new FF.

Tale of Enki: Pilgrimage, an RPG with a few twists. Available to buy it on Steam here!

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-30 15:16:51

I've been playing through Final Fantasy VII recently and it inspired me to make a parody of it - http://youtu.be/KlalaNBhXjQ

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-30 16:30:45

At 1/30/13 03:16 PM, Frank wrote: I've been playing through Final Fantasy VII recently and it inspired me to make a parody of it - http://youtu.be/KlalaNBhXjQ

How far are you? I'm almost at the end of disc 1 and I haven't played it in a long time. That shit happens a lot with me; I get a game, play it a lot, and stop playing for a long ass time.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-30 17:10:57

well info on FFXIII Lightnings Return is going to be release soon. hope its good Snow is going to be back and so is Hope.

god help us all.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2013-01-31 12:25:23

At 1/30/13 03:16 PM, Frank wrote: I've been playing through Final Fantasy VII recently and it inspired me to make a parody of it - http://youtu.be/KlalaNBhXjQ

What did I just watch?

You've got a p cool room though.