At 9/7/12 10:55 PM, Travis wrote:
At 9/7/12 09:52 PM, FallenMartyr wrote:
Other developers can put out games of similar or higher caliber in less time, I blame incompetance and the emphasis on graphics over gameplay.How many of those games actually put out a 50 hour campaign? XIII was around a 50 hour campaign.
Quality over quantity mate, 90% of the game could be completed with auto battle and the other 10% was just a simple paradigm setup beforehand.
I stopped reading here. You said earlier you wanted a game with a new world, plot, etc. XIII-2 was a literal 360 from what XIII was, so if you completely skipped it and are trying to throw out your paper thin opinions about something YOU DIDN'T EVEN PLAY, then this conversation is over.
Also did you even play XIII-2 and have you even looked at the direction they are taking XIII-3? The world's are EXTREMELY different in each one.First Final Fantasy game I completely skipped.
Why would I buy a sequal to a game I despised? I have watched gameplay etc and it didn't look worthy of me shitting on tbh. Please don't throw the fact I didn't play the game in my face, you can accurately judge something without experiencing it first hand. I don't need to play it, I can already see:
1) Horrible character designs + laughably shallow, generic emo kid and pigtails adventures
2) Melodrama, more pressing auto battle
I was going to continue this list but it's giving me a headache, again the youtube links I provided perfectly describe my feelings better than I could explain at the moment. What Final Fantasy has turned into is not what I enjoyed about the series, the magic is lost I just hope they can rekindle it.
Perhaps I just seek a different experience with rpgs nowadays, as I've grown older. I prefer more mature stories etc etc
Have you played Lost Odyssey? THAT was a FF game mate.