00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Ryzmik just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

957,034 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-29 13:41:53

UGH! I cant find the video of Dissidia's Gameplay! HELP! (by the way, does anyone have any tips on killing Omega XIII in Final Fantasy 12? he is too fast and strong!)

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-29 14:36:05

Welcome back Bahamut, i was wondering where you dissapeared to. How was Cuba? Learn any Spanish?
And i´m yet to play FF3. I´m guessing you was playing the DS version.

And yeah, Cyan would be a good addition to this game.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-30 00:27:44

So the confirmed Dissidia characters thus far are Garland, Fighter/Knight (I'm assuming), Kuja, Zidane, and Sephiroth, it seems. Watching it again, I wonder if you can play as both Fighter & Knight, or if his class change will count as a Limit move.

At 7/29/07 05:45 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I seriously doubt they will include half of these characters you guys have mentioned, but it would be cool. If i could choose 10 i think they would be:

Oh, I foster no illusions of seeing my list in the game. It's all for kicks.
Nice list yourself.

But there are alot more characters that would go good in that game. I still think this game should have been for the PS2 or even PS3 though, to make it more craphically intense and see our favourite characters brawling it out in high render would be awesome!

My dark soul burns with fiery agreement. Or possibly tacos.

Now, it´s time to jizz your pants again with this cool image!

Nifty.

At 7/29/07 09:16 AM, Bahamut wrote: While I've been away on holiday to Cuba, I've been playing on FFIII and I think it's a great game. It does seem very similar to I and V, but whatever, I still love the game.

Welcome back. I crawled my way back in here, though. So duck and cover. <3

At 7/29/07 12:49 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: 9)Gilgamesh

Never even thought of him. He'd rock as a character.

At 7/29/07 01:41 PM, Jackotrades wrote: UGH! I cant find the video of Dissidia's Gameplay! HELP! (by the way, does anyone have any tips on killing Omega XIII in Final Fantasy 12? he is too fast and strong!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08_XC2Jki 10
As for tips on Omega XIII...prayer?

At 7/29/07 02:36 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Welcome back Bahamut, i was wondering where you dissapeared to. How was Cuba? Learn any Spanish?

Lucky guy, that Bahamut. I just bought a DS maybe three weeks ago, and as soon as I get it, FFIII disappears from store shelves. >:(

King Of Fighters '98: The Slugfest

"Nothing Is Perfect, Therefore Perfection Is Flawed." - Adam Lewis

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-30 01:33:04

At 7/30/07 12:27 AM, PureLionHeart wrote:
Lucky guy, that Bahamut. I just bought a DS maybe three weeks ago, and as soon as I get it, FFIII disappears from store shelves. >:(

You brought a DS but you don´t have it?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-30 09:45:25

yep, its official, That game is mine, no one is holding me back....

If I could name one person I respect.........it probably would be me. oh and the guy who lives here

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-30 10:11:33

At 7/29/07 02:36 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Welcome back Bahamut, i was wondering where you dissapeared to. How was Cuba? Learn any Spanish?

Cuba was alright. And I didn't learn any spanish, because I already knew a bit of spanish.

Of course. I wouldn't like to play on the original japanese version since the random battles might be annoying and I don't know anything about the japanese language. XD

At 7/30/07 12:27 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: Lucky guy, that Bahamut. I just bought a DS maybe three weeks ago, and as soon as I get it, FFIII disappears from store shelves. >:(

Then onlines stores are your friends.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-30 13:17:48

At 7/30/07 01:33 AM, Life-Stream wrote: You brought a DS but you don´t have it?

Sadly, yes. Buying FFIII was one of my main reasons for getting the DS. They always carried it at my local Wal-Mart, but I went elsewhere to get a cheaper buy. Then, it's no longer at Wal-Mart. :'(

At 7/30/07 10:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: Then onlines stores are your friends.

Not when you're credit card-less.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-30 15:27:32

At 7/30/07 01:17 PM, PureLionHeart wrote:
At 7/30/07 01:33 AM, Life-Stream wrote: You brought a DS but you don´t have it?
Sadly, yes. Buying FFIII was one of my main reasons for getting the DS. They always carried it at my local Wal-Mart, but I went elsewhere to get a cheaper buy. Then, it's no longer at Wal-Mart. :'(

At 7/30/07 10:11 AM, Bahamut wrote: Then onlines stores are your friends.
Not when you're credit card-less.

Hmm, well, did you try Best Buy? they always have it in my town....:)
(By the way I recently finished FF III man did it take me a while! My advise is to train your ass off.)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-30 16:09:40

At 7/30/07 01:17 PM, PureLionHeart wrote: Not when you're credit card-less.

Do you not even have a standard bank card?

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-30 17:01:13

At 7/30/07 04:41 PM, Mendou wrote: FF3 never really caught my interest. Sure you got the whole job system but that takes away your party members uniqueness.

You could say the same with FF5 and FF Tactics then.
And i would buy it, if i had a DS. but i´m not gonna buy a DS just for FF3. Though, they are soon to bring out FF12 Remnant Wings on the DS too.
I will have to buy the PSP for FF1, FF2, FFT The lion war and Dissidia FF - They are worth it.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-30 22:13:35

At 7/30/07 03:27 PM, Jackotrades wrote: Hmm, well, did you try Best Buy? they always have it in my town....:)
(By the way I recently finished FF III man did it take me a while! My advise is to train your ass off.)

Don't have it. Closest thing to a Game store in my city is Wal-Mart.
...I'd murder Jesus himself for an EB Games or GameStop.

At 7/30/07 04:09 PM, Nev wrote:
Do you not even have a standard bank card?

Of course I have a Debit/Bank card, but what sites can you use that on? I'm slightly wary, as we've had a mild identity theft episode in the past.

Thinking about finally applying for a credit card, actually. Just have to find the will power to use it only for those online purchases I can't get elsewhere.

At 7/30/07 05:01 PM, Life-Stream wrote: And i would buy it, if i had a DS. but i´m not gonna buy a DS just for FF3. Though, they are soon to bring out FF12 Remnant Wings on the DS too.

Now Reverent Wings has not caught my interest at all. We don't need more FF sequels and spin-offs. That, and I don't care for the format, admittedly.

I will have to buy the PSP for FF1, FF2, FFT The lion war and Dissidia FF - They are worth it.

I hear that. Well, sans FFT.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-31 08:31:19

After hearing that Final Fantasy IV will be remade on the DS, I'm now thinking that all the re-releases and remakes of the Final Fantasy games are ridiculous. Who agrees with me?

Then get a debit card. I have one and it's awesome to have one!

At 7/30/07 03:27 PM, Jackotrades wrote: (By the way I recently finished FF III man did it take me a while! My advise is to train your ass off.)

Funny, because if I train too much, monsters in random battles end up being too weak. However, in the Crystal Tower, I know I will have to get my characters to very high levels. But meh, I'm going to give FFIII a break and I'm back to playing on XII and damn, it was too hard to stop playing on it last night with completing hunts, getting better weapons and so on.

At 7/30/07 05:01 PM, Life-Stream wrote: You could say the same with FF5 and FF Tactics then.

And FFI.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-31 09:49:00

Hmm, Garland vs Sephiroth...... who would win? (by the way, the guy with the horns on his helm up and down is garland, I have Final Fantasy origins, same exact dude.)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-31 14:53:25

At 7/30/07 10:13 PM, PureLionHeart wrote: Of course I have a Debit/Bank card, but what sites can you use that on? I'm slightly wary, as we've had a mild identity theft episode in the past.

Amazon.... eBay.... Play... lots and lots and lots.
Debit Cards can be used nearly everywhere.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-07-31 15:56:06

Yes, that is Garland, he too will be in Dissidia, along with his rival The Warrior of light.

But i think Sephiroth would win......right?

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-01 11:17:44

At 7/31/07 08:31 AM, Bahamut wrote: After hearing that Final Fantasy IV will be remade on the DS, I'm now thinking that all the re-releases and remakes of the Final Fantasy games are ridiculous. Who agrees with me?

Oh, it's been ridiculous since they just re-did FFI & FF2 again on the PSP. That's like, what, the third or fourth remake of those two games?

At 7/31/07 02:53 PM, Nev wrote: Amazon.... eBay.... Play... lots and lots and lots.
Debit Cards can be used nearly everywhere.

The problem being that my Debit Card isn't affiliated with Visa, Masterard, or the like, and is strictly dealt with by my bank, The Credit Union. All the sites I've seen that do accept debit seem to require specific Visa/Mastercard offshoots.

At 7/31/07 03:56 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Yes, that is Garland, he too will be in Dissidia, along with his rival The Warrior of light.
But i think Sephiroth would win......right?

Yeah, I'd say good ol' Sephy.
Then again, Sephiroth wanted to become a God. Garland already was one, in some demi fashion.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-01 14:59:40

Yeah but......in a way, Seph was a good too when he was in bizarro or safer mode. SUPER NOVA!!

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-01 15:08:49

At 8/1/07 02:59 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Yeah but......in a way, Seph was a good too when he was in bizarro or safer mode. SUPER NOVA!!

I dont know...but something else intriqued me, Garland is actually a light warrior before turning bad, so that is why players play as him, right??? and that first guy he is versusing is evil Garland? Zidane is fighting Kuja.....Sephiroth comes out of lava to meet good garland? I say there are too many questions and we need to wait for some more footage.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-01 15:55:48

To be honest i never really played FF1. I tried it a little, but i never got round to playing again, so i´m not one to ask about FF1 things. But from what i´m led to believe is that it´s Garland the bad guy, and the good guy is Warrior of light. (who must be the guy you control in FF1)

Correct me if i´m wrong.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-01 17:32:25

I could explain FF1 story to you, so he it goes...

SPOILERSS!!!!!!!!! (in case you cant track the FF1 story)

Your group at the very beginning kills Garland, so that you can save the daughter of the king of cornelia. The king accepts that you are indeed the light warriors, and you are shoved into a long and enduring quest. Killing Fiend after Fiend and restoring crystal after crystal, you finally make it to Lufenin, where you hear rumors about a menace behind these Fiends.

Your journey takes you to the Flying Fortress, where if you look carefully, find out that all of the crystals are sending their energies to the Temple of Chaos, where you Fought Garland a long time ago. you kill the Final Fiend, Tiamat of the wind, and restore the last crystal. To confirm your suspicions, you head to the temple where the five bats were actually the Five Warriors of Lufenin! They tell you that there is another, controlling the Fiends behind the black crystal and 2000 years in the past. You must kill him to save this world, so you break the black crystal with the elemental crystals, and enter the past.

As you progress deeper into the Temple of Chaos, you use the princess of Cornelia's Lute to enter the depths, you fight the Fiends again, (at their prime I may add) and confront GARLAND???!!!! He tell you that he died, but the fiends sent him back in time, reviving him. he plans on using his power he recieves from the crystals and send the fiends back to the world. In 2000 years, he will not recall any of this.....(GARLAND transforms into CHAOS). He continues "And they will send me back once again! You all will die here, and I will live FOREVER!!!!" (not his exact quotes, but close enough)

Chaos was a bastard, high HP, ability to recover all of his HP, strong attacks, HE IS THE CLASSIC FINAL BOSS!!!! But you defeat him, ending the time cycle and you are brought back to your time. The world is safe again...... yadayadayada, and credits.

Thank you for allowing me to give you the story in a nutshell. (by the way, for those who are curious, there is a magic shop in Luferin!)

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-01 22:04:47

At 8/1/07 06:26 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: Hmmm, its true that Garland/Chaos is the classic RPG final boss. But lets have a talk. Lets have a talk about the most ridiculous boss in the entire series.

lets talk about x-Death ;^} (

Dont bring him up, please.....he is worse than Necron.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-02 10:37:36

At 8/1/07 11:17 AM, PureLionHeart wrote: Oh, it's been ridiculous since they just re-did FFI & FF2 again on the PSP. That's like, what, the third or fourth remake of those two games?

Yeah, I think that's the fourth time now. Heh, with all these remakes, I'm surprised there hasn't been a confirmation about a FF7 remake yet. :P

At 8/1/07 06:26 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: lets talk about x-Death ;^} (

I never bothered to defeat X-Death. I died a few times and gave up. And the random battles put me off defeating X-Death even more. Besides, I think the most ridiculous bosses are some of the dark aeons on FFX, Zeromus on FFIV and the first Wall Demon on FFXII.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-02 14:49:47

At 8/2/07 10:37 AM, Bahamut wrote:
Yeah, I think that's the fourth time now. Heh, with all these remakes, I'm surprised there hasn't been a confirmation about a FF7 remake yet. :P

I´m suprised at that too. But i don´t think they should do it now, if they ever do remake FF7. I think they should wait about 10 years untill the FF7 craze fads out a bit, and then BAM! Shock the world with a super FF7 remake ( in 10 years we´ll probably be using headsets and shit and it´ll be like we´re in their world) Now that would be the dogs bollocks!

I never bothered to defeat X-Death. I died a few times and gave up. And the random battles put me off defeating X-Death even more. Besides, I think the most ridiculous bosses are some of the dark aeons on FFX, Zeromus on FFIV and the first Wall Demon on FFXII.

The dark aeons were ridiculous. They were by far harder than any of the weapons or super bosses i´ve fought. I only got round to killing 3 of them. They were a challenge indeed.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-02 15:00:59

At 8/2/07 10:37 AM, Bahamut wrote: Besides, I think the most ridiculous bosses are some of the dark aeons on FFX

I don't see anything bad about them.

I'm playing X now, nearing Zanarkand, I'm really taking my time though, every battle I'm making sure everyone gets AP. I thought after levelling Kimahri up he might be good, but alas, even levelled up he is still shite.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-02 16:46:22

At 8/2/07 03:00 PM, Nev wrote: I'm playing X now, nearing Zanarkand, I'm really taking my time though, every battle I'm making sure everyone gets AP. I thought after levelling Kimahri up he might be good, but alas, even levelled up he is still shite.

I always did that every battle anyway, otherwise I'd have to stretch out the amount of AP each character gets through different battles, and they'd eventually be underlevelled. That's what really annoyed me about the game, it takes about five minutes to finish a random battle at that rate, but at the same time, to be on the safe side, you really have to. I found Jecht hard even though I did all of that anyway. Apart from that though, X is a really great game, I'm sorely tempted to play it again.

And yeah, Kimahri isn't that great. The fact that you have to get his overdrive to use basic necessities like Mighty Guard and White Wind is ridiculous. :/

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-02 16:49:38

At 8/2/07 04:43 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote: What route did you take him on in the begining?

A bit of Lulu's, Yuna's and most of Wakka's.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-02 18:24:24

At 8/2/07 04:43 PM, The-Redangleprince wrote:
At 8/2/07 03:00 PM, Nev wrote:
Jack of all trades, master at none.

What route did you take him on in the begining?

Man, I havent played that game in so long since I got 12 and I finally beat Nemisis, but as for kimarai, I remember going around the circle clockwise and going on the side paths till I finish him. Then I went Rikku.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-03 07:47:05

At 8/2/07 02:49 PM, Life-Stream wrote: I´m suprised at that too. But i don´t think they should do it now, if they ever do remake FF7. I think they should wait about 10 years untill the FF7 craze fads out a bit, and then BAM! Shock the world with a super FF7 remake ( in 10 years we´ll probably be using headsets and shit and it´ll be like we´re in their world) Now that would be the dogs bollocks!

But what if the FF7 craze still remains in 10 years time? XP

The dark aeons were ridiculous. They were by far harder than any of the weapons or super bosses i´ve fought. I only got round to killing 3 of them. They were a challenge indeed.

Penance is a lot worse than the dark aeons. I never bothered to defeat it because it took too much time to get my characters to really good stats.

At 8/3/07 12:03 AM, Xtesh wrote: That's my point when I decided not to get it. I already have Dawn of Souls, with my Black Mage at level 89, Thief at level 91, Red Mage at 88, and my Knight at level 90(Yes, I'm an 8-bit theater freak.) Too bad I;m stuck at the Chaos Temple because that stupid lute won't play for me.

Heh, all my characters are at level 99 and I've completed FFI GBA twice. The GBA version is fine for me, so fuck the PSP remake.

Fuck that bastard. I spent half an hour figuring out how to kill him before giving up. I came back at level 35 and killed him in ten seconds.

I managed to defeat him last night. My characters were at around level 30 and it took about a minute for me to kill it. Also, I don't think I'll want to put my characters on beserk ever again on that game, because once you have it, you can't get rid of it until waiting for it to go.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-03 08:59:15

At 8/3/07 07:47 AM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/2/07 02:49 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
Penance is a lot worse than the dark aeons. I never bothered to defeat it because it took too much time to get my characters to really good stats.

Penance itself has apparently 2 million more Hp than Nemesis, but he also doesnt have Party killing moves as long as you kill his arms quickly.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2007-08-03 14:48:15

At 8/3/07 07:47 AM, Bahamut wrote:
But what if the FF7 craze still remains in 10 years time? XP

I don´t think it´ll be that hyped up as now. They´ve brought out all the prequels and sequels to cash in on it, but they´ll have to stop soon. Then, when people are talking about FF21 they come back with the one that made history - FF7 Remake. And all us old skool fan boys will orgasm, XD

I managed to defeat him last night. My characters were at around level 30 and it took about a minute for me to kill it. Also, I don't think I'll want to put my characters on beserk ever again on that game, because once you have it, you can't get rid of it until waiting for it to go.

I tried to kill that bastard first wall about 4 times when you first go to the raithwall temple, but i couldnt kill him, he was just too fast. I´m kill him in a second now though, being over lvl 60.

As for Beserk, i use it all the time! I have Basch nearlly always in beserk when i have a strong fight on the go. I double his HP with that spell (on my spanish version it´s called Duplo) then i use the extra strength spell (again in spanish they called it Bravura) and then Beserk. And if i have time i usually give him a protect and shell. And him and his axe are unstoppable. Vaan is good with the sword too. And Balthier or penelo with the Masumane i got from Gilgamesh does a good amount of damage aswell.
Gilgamesh drops the Genji armour, and he drops some Genji gloves, which ´raises the probability of getting consecutive attacks. So with that and the masumane i got a 12 hit combo once! :D No joke.