00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Blacktree4 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Final Fantasy Club

957,050 Views | 25,815 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-05 00:11:22

At 6/4/08 08:48 PM, Nev wrote: But I've never done the whole low level challenge thing.

Being low level doesn't make FFVIII a challenge.

It makes it easier.

Except maybe for Omega Weapon, but he's easy anyway, if you just do a little strategising first and then use some holy wars.

Kuro - Puting the 'Kur' back in 'inkurable disease.'

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-05 09:58:07

At 6/4/08 12:32 PM, Nev wrote: You're wrong.
Selphie's was very powerful.
You just don't understand.

Random slots are stuff I don't rely on for FF games. This is why I wasn't fond of using Tifa or Cait Sith on FFVII.

At 6/4/08 05:51 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 6/4/08 09:00 AM, Bahamut wrote: If it's a basic materia, that is. Something like Knights of the Round will of course take ages, even with the Elixir Pots.
Well, some of those strong materias took ages to level up :(

Yes, but that's reasonable. At least mastering All materia was easy to do and could give you millions of gil by selling them. Because of them, I once had over 50 million gil, but had nothing to spend it on.

I agree. Her limit break sucks.
Yeah it did. You had to spend like half a minute skipping through all the spells because they were always crap. In that time the enemies could be attacking you.

Quistis had blue magic-like abilities for her limit break, right? Those I'm also not fond of, but I didn't mind the Enemy Skill on FFVII.

At 6/5/08 12:57 AM, Xtesh wrote: I'm beginning to believe that SE is taking the same route that the Duke Nukem people went with the new Duke Nukem.

No new screens, trailers, announcements, etc of any of the 5+ games that they're working on in the past couple of months.

At least we haven't waited at least 10 years for one FF game in the main series to come out. If that were to happen, I wouldn't be too happy, unless I stopped caring about the newer FF games altogether, which is not so for me.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-05 11:22:15

At 6/4/08 08:48 PM, Nev wrote:
At 6/4/08 08:22 PM, EvilJesus wrote: Try doing it with low levels, very hard indeed, only killed one monster there so far D:
How low we talking? I've never been there and had a problem. But I've never done the whole low level challenge thing.

The ones i just posted with Squall, Zell and Irvine.

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-05 15:41:53

At 6/5/08 09:58 AM, Bahamut wrote: Random slots are stuff I don't rely on for FF games. This is why I wasn't fond of using Tifa or Cait Sith on FFVII.

Tifa's weren't random :P.

At 6/5/08 11:22 AM, EvilJesus wrote: The ones i just posted with Squall, Zell and Irvine.

It'd be easily do-able :P.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-05 17:36:05

At 6/5/08 03:41 PM, Nev wrote:
At 6/5/08 11:22 AM, EvilJesus wrote: The ones i just posted with Squall, Zell and Irvine.
It'd be easily do-able :P.

Then you can officially call me shit.

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-06 11:37:32

At 6/5/08 12:43 PM, Xtesh wrote: Depending on who you ask, there hasn't been an official FF game release since FFX.

I can understand XI, but FFXII can't be excluded.

At 6/5/08 03:41 PM, Nev wrote:
At 6/5/08 09:58 AM, Bahamut wrote: Random slots are stuff I don't rely on for FF games. This is why I wasn't fond of using Tifa or Cait Sith on FFVII.
Tifa's weren't random :P.

Well, yes, but her limit break requires perfect timing and I don't feel like getting too many misses with it. Wakka's Attack Reels, however, were pretty good.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-06 16:06:04

At 6/4/08 05:59 PM, Nev wrote: You're knowledge of VIII is poor :P.
The level up experience was capped at like 1,000 or something similarly low.
One fight on the Island Closest to Hell (which was easy come level 60 or lower) and you'd go up about 5 levels.

Ok, sure, you might level up faster, but whle you´re leveling up 3 people, the other 3 aren´t leveling, so you have to level your whole team twice.

In some other FFs all your playable characters level up even if you´re not using them. They don´t level up as much, but they do level up as your main character levels. Which makes it easier.

Power of The End more like :P.

It wasn´t that good. It didn´t work on all monsters, and you had to skip through loads of magic to actually find it >:(

At 6/5/08 09:58 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yes, but that's reasonable. At least mastering All materia was easy to do and could give you millions of gil by selling them. Because of them, I once had over 50 million gil, but had nothing to spend it on.

There´s never anything useful to buy at the end of FFs :(

Quistis had blue magic-like abilities for her limit break, right? Those I'm also not fond of, but I didn't mind the Enemy Skill on FFVII.

Never did like blue magic.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-06 16:54:38

At 6/6/08 02:34 PM, Xtesh wrote: I'm talking about certain people who despise XII that much. Not that we have someone like that here.
Rhymes with mindow)

EvilJesus?
I don't despise enough to be kicked out of the final fantasy series but it was a real let down, where's the blood thirst we used to have? I don't want to go around picking daisies up even if i do enjoy doing it in college...

Slags and hoes.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-06 20:20:49

At 6/6/08 02:34 PM, Xtesh wrote: I'm talking about certain people who despise XII that much. Not that we have someone like that here.
Rhymes with mindow)

Whats mindow :S? Is that even a word? Couldn't you have said window :P?

At 6/6/08 04:06 PM, Life-Stream wrote: Ok, sure, you might level up faster, but whle you´re leveling up 3 people, the other 3 aren´t leveling, so you have to level your whole team twice.

You can level everyone up faster on FFVIII :P. Even if we have to do two seperate teams. It takes about half an hour.

It wasn´t that good. It didn´t work on all monsters, and you had to skip through loads of magic to actually find it >:(

It can kill bosses, I'm pretty sure it can kill monsters.

I liked it on FFVIII. Everyone could use it and it was an actual benefit.
On the rest it just seems to be an ability they give to mediocre and useless characters. Quistis, check. Quina, check. Kimarhi, check.
The latter two being fucking awful. I hate them both, well not so much Quina, but Kimarhi definately. Quistis was nice and whatnot, but there were more interesting options available.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 02:48:00

At 6/6/08 08:20 PM, Nev wrote: You can level everyone up faster on FFVIII :P. Even if we have to do two seperate teams. It takes about half an hour.

lmao. Half an hour XD

It can kill bosses, I'm pretty sure it can kill monsters.

Still, Zells, Squalls, Rinoas and probably Irvines limits were all better.

I liked it on FFVIII. Everyone could use it and it was an actual benefit.
On the rest it just seems to be an ability they give to mediocre and useless characters. Quistis, check. Quina, check. Kimarhi, check.
The latter two being fucking awful. I hate them both, well not so much Quina, but Kimarhi definately. Quistis was nice and whatnot, but there were more interesting options available.

I guess you meant to say FFVII there. The enemy skill was ok, because there were alot of them, and like you said, everyone could use them, but Quistis´ limit was pretty crap because there were only 10 or 12, they were pretty easy to get, and they were very weak compared to other peoples limits.

Quina and Kimahri do suck balls though >:(

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 05:48:46

At 6/7/08 05:17 AM, Xtesh wrote: Mendou is pronounced the same way.

I´ve always called him men-dough, but meh.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 06:04:57

At 6/7/08 05:48 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I´ve always called him men-dough, but meh.

That's how it's supposed to be pronounced, since he takes his name from Urusei Yatsura.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 06:41:53

At 6/7/08 06:04 AM, Kuro wrote: That's how it's supposed to be pronounced, since he takes his name from Urusei Yatsura.

I think we´ve talked about this before but how do you guys pronounce these names?

Yuffie. I´ve always said Yuf-e, not You-fee like in the movie.

Cait Sith. I´ve always said Kate-Sif.

Tifa. Teefa, not Tif-a.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 07:13:43

At 6/7/08 06:58 AM, Xtesh wrote: I do too, but his name is in Gaelic or something(some Irish language), so the official pronounciation is "Ket-shee". I name him "Reeve" when I play the game now.

Yeah, Gaelic is an irish language. Ket-Shee counds stupid though.

I can't stand people who say Tif-a.

They think it´s short for Tiffany, BUT IT¨S NOT!

SUDDEN CHANGE OF TOPIC.
You know who needs their own game? Cid Highwind and Auron.
Think about it. They fly across universes on a new Highwind, dealing justice as they see fit while cursing, drinking, and doing some complaining about how kids these days have all these spiky hairdos and big swords and how back in my day we didn't have any of those fancy Phoenix Downs and Flares and insane enemies who want to kill people. When I was your age, we had to build our own swords with our bare hands and some lava. And that was in the middle of a blizzard on a hill that went uphill both ways.
And that's just ten minutes from a cutscene fourteen minutes in.

I think Cid should get more coverage in the whole FFVII series there is now. He was just so cool. Auron was ok, but not as cool. Besides that, he´s dead, so he couldn´t take part in travelling the universe to tell those younguns how it was.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 07:56:32

At 6/6/08 02:34 PM, Xtesh wrote:
At 6/6/08 11:37 AM, Bahamut wrote: I can understand XI, but FFXII can't be excluded.
I'm talking about certain people who despise XII that much. Not that we have someone like that here.
Rhymes with mindow)

They might as well exclude FFII as well since that is certainly worse than FFXII no matter how much that one guy hates it.

At 6/6/08 04:06 PM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 6/5/08 09:58 AM, Bahamut wrote: Yes, but that's reasonable. At least mastering All materia was easy to do and could give you millions of gil by selling them. Because of them, I once had over 50 million gil, but had nothing to spend it on.
There´s never anything useful to buy at the end of FFs :(

But on FFX, you can use the money to bribe monsters for good items.

Just black, white and time magic are good enough for me.

At 6/7/08 02:48 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Quina and Kimahri do suck balls though >:(

Kimahri's the worst. None of his overdrive abilities allowed him to attack more than once. He might as well just keep attacking and nothing else. Because of poor overdrives by certain characters, I always use Tidus, Yuna and Wakka as my main team on FFX since their overdrives are the best.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 08:00:11

At 6/7/08 07:56 AM, Bahamut wrote: But on FFX, you can use the money to bribe monsters for good items.

More items i´d probably never use. The only items i really ever use are healing or status effect healer items. All those items that do magic or hurt enemies, i never end up using them :/

Kimahri's the worst. None of his overdrive abilities allowed him to attack more than once. He might as well just keep attacking and nothing else. Because of poor overdrives by certain characters, I always use Tidus, Yuna and Wakka as my main team on FFX since their overdrives are the best.

SE should really try to even out the characters in some of the newer games, because, like you say, some characters have really good, strong, multi-hitting limits, while other have shitty ones that can only do a couple of thousand.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 08:10:57

At 6/7/08 07:13 AM, Life-Stream wrote:
At 6/7/08 06:58 AM, Xtesh wrote: I do too, but his name is in Gaelic or something(some Irish language), so the official pronounciation is "Ket-shee". I name him "Reeve" when I play the game now.
Yeah, Gaelic is an irish language. Ket-Shee counds stupid though.

Gaelic covers Ireland, Scotland, and the Isle of Man, though each has it's own dialect. Which dialect it is differs the pronunciation, though I believe the translation is something retarded like "Magical Cat." Since in the movie he had a horrible Scottish accent, the name is probably in Ghaidlig, in which case it's pronounced something like "Kayt Shih."

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 08:14:58

At 6/7/08 08:10 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: Gaelic covers Ireland, Scotland, and the Isle of Man, though each has it's own dialect. Which dialect it is differs the pronunciation, though I believe the translation is something retarded like "Magical Cat." Since in the movie he had a horrible Scottish accent, the name is probably in Ghaidlig, in which case it's pronounced something like "Kayt Shih."

Quite the intellect eh Wonko. Thanks for that. I didn´t expect him at all to have that type of voice when i played the game so when i saw AC i was a bit shocked, and maybe dissapointed, because it was a pretty bad voice.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 08:38:17

Hey, Eveyone, I've Decided to join your club, cause i'm new and when i saw "Final Fantasy Club" I had to join. Oh and I have to ask somone, I don't know if anyone feels the same, but I don't Understand Why in FFIV the main protaginists best friend ges such a much better name than him. I mean Kain Highwind is awesome, hey Cecil is a cool guy and all; But "Cecil Harvey"? what were they thinking? Unless this is some conspiracy for Kain to get more coverage. Note the FFIV title whre kain is the symbol behind the words. His name pops up later as well in FFVII (Cid Highwind and the Highwind).

He Who Controls the twisted horrors of my imagination is powerful indeed...

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 08:45:44

At 6/7/08 08:14 AM, Life-Stream wrote: Quite the intellect eh Wonko. Thanks for that.

<--- Scottish

I didn´t expect him at all to have that type of voice when i played the game so when i saw AC i was a bit shocked, and maybe dissapointed, because it was a pretty bad voice.

Try hearing your own accent so terribly portrayed.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 08:52:57

I remeber Seeing cactuars in FFVI, although they had the same characteristics, (255 evade 255 mblock! and 255 def was the real difference my best attacker did 1 for each hit! and only 4HP) but what about 1000 needles? has no-one mentioned it yet, I'd have thought that would be big in a Cactuar debate. OR 10000 needles and 99999 needles form FFX, but they were just annoying.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 08:54:30

wait, i didn't link to that conversation? was it reply and quote? darn

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 08:57:31

Quite the intellect eh Wonko. Thanks for that. I didn´t expect him at all to have that type of voice when i played the game so when i saw AC i was a bit shocked, and maybe dissapointed, because it was a pretty bad voice.

I agree, that voice was unneeded, also I can't remeber hearing RedXIII talk in the mive even though he did in the game.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 09:01:16

At 6/7/08 08:45 AM, Wonko-the-Sane wrote: <--- Scottish

Got some Scottish blood in me from a few generations back. I guess that´s where i get my Surname: Ross.

Try hearing your own accent so terribly portrayed.

lol, i can imagine. I´ve heard some Scottish people and they don´t really soung like Cait did in the movie. I think they tried to hard to get that accent. Over voice-acted if you will.

At 6/7/08 08:38 AM, DarkLordVivi wrote: Hey, Eveyone, I've Decided to join your club

Ok, welcome aboard, but please don´t triple post.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 12:59:42

lol, i can imagine. I´ve heard some Scottish people and they don´t really soung like Cait did in the movie. I think they tried to hard to get that accent. Over voice-acted if you will.

At 6/7/08 08:38 AM, DarkLordVivi wrote: Hey, Eveyone, I've Decided to join your club
Ok, welcome aboard, but please don´t triple post.

:oh, sorry

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 17:19:22

At 6/7/08 06:41 AM, Life-Stream wrote: I think we´ve talked about this before but how do you guys pronounce these names?

I tend to get the pronunciation of the names in Japanese, and use that.

Yuffie. I´ve always said Yuf-e, not You-fee like in the movie.

I used to say 'Yuff-ee', because of the double 'f's, but have since changed that to 'you-fee'.

Since in the various anime I've seen where the mythical creature is present, they tend to use 'keto shi', instead of 'keto shifu', I suppose it's supposed to be 'shi', or 'si', instead of 'sith', but man is that difficult to say in English without sounding like an idiot.

Tifa. Teefa, not Tif-a.

Teefa is always how I've said it.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-07 18:38:35

At 6/7/08 02:48 AM, Life-Stream wrote: lmao. Half an hour XD

I'm not exaggerating.
Maybe a bit. But it took me no time whatsoever.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-08 04:54:31

At 6/7/08 05:19 PM, Kuro wrote: I used to say 'Yuff-ee', because of the double 'f's, but have since changed that to 'you-fee'.

I´m sticking to Yuff-ee, cos it sounds better.

Since in the various anime I've seen where the mythical creature is present, they tend to use 'keto shi', instead of 'keto shifu', I suppose it's supposed to be 'shi', or 'si', instead of 'sith', but man is that difficult to say in English without sounding like an idiot.

Man, he has a stupid name. If it´s pronounced different to how it´s spelt, how the hell are people gonna know how to say it? Meh, he has a stupid name anyway. I´m gonna keep calling him Kate-Sith.

Teefa is always how I've said it.

Goodboy.

At 6/7/08 06:38 PM, Nev wrote: I'm not exaggerating.
Maybe a bit. But it took me no time whatsoever.

You´d need a few hours i reckon.

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-08 08:01:18

At 6/8/08 04:54 AM, Life-Stream wrote: You´d need a few hours i reckon.

Nah, thats too long.
Seriously, I distinctly remember being shocked at how quickly I was levelling up.

BBS Signature

Response to Final Fantasy Club 2008-06-08 15:14:42

At 6/8/08 08:01 AM, Nev wrote: Nah, thats too long.
Seriously, I distinctly remember being shocked at how quickly I was levelling up.

Well, i suppose it depends on what level you were when you started to level up. If you´re level 90 then i guess you coul get level 99 in half an hour, but i mean, if you´re level 50 for example, to get to level 99 doesn´t take half an hour.