00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Raym00n just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The New Moderator Thread

26,656 Views | 504 Replies

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 04:27:53

At 11/6/05 02:59 AM, Gunter45 wrote:

What are your thoughts on the modding spree we experienced tonight?

predictable choices.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 04:28:25

Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 04:30:24

Its nice to see some newblood on the modding scene. I wonder how long it will be before the powers of mod make Canas, Evark, Sarai, Gooch all bitter and cold?

"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 04:30:58

-Canas-, in response to what you said in the thread about yourself: Of course we're still friends. Halo is an excellent game, but no subject needs that many threads. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll ever have the energy to get around to making that shrine.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 04:31:29

At 11/6/05 04:30 AM, Zen_Gaijin wrote: I wonder how long it will be before the powers of mod make Canas, Evark, Sarai, Gooch all bitter and cold?

7 days.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 04:31:52

Wow. 6 new mods all at once. I think it's a great idea having more mods for politics, because that place can go unmoderated for a LONG period of time. Both JoS and Proteas are great people there. Good debaters, too. And Gooch totally deserves this moding.

In short, congratulations to all the new mods. Some of them seem a tiny bit odd to me, like Sarai, but Wades choices are probably good ones.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 04:34:21

PsychoticStar for mod 2099

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 04:36:05

At 11/6/05 04:31 AM, MarvoGing wrote:
At 11/6/05 04:30 AM, Zen_Gaijin wrote: I wonder how long it will be before the powers of mod make Canas, Evark, Sarai, Gooch all bitter and cold?
7 days.

Its really only a matter of time now its like the circle of life here on the BBS. Most say it starts with the congrads IM's that force the mod to take there AIM name outta there profile. Then comes the asskissery from all the users that would have normally ignored them. After about a year or more of this they get tired of NG and move on.

Its the circle of life.

"The worst kind of coward is one that is only brave enough to show his face in the dark...."

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 04:36:22

At 11/6/05 03:07 AM, protege-moi wrote:
At 11/6/05 03:01 AM, Kaabi wrote: Canas has the potential to be the next bigbadron, Or so Im making him into.
I don't know why, but that statement really bothered me. Seriously.

Possibly because nobody could EVER be the next Ron. Ron is one of a kind. Irreplaceable and unduplicateable.

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 04:55:47

I think it's interesting that they modded Sarai even when she stated she didn't want to be a mod.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 04:56:46

At 11/6/05 04:55 AM, Seizure_Dog wrote: I think it's interesting that they modded Sarai even when she stated she didn't want to be a mod.

I guess it's one of those things where the people who don't want to be mods are probably the best candidates for the job.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:01:53

At 11/6/05 04:55 AM, Seizure_Dog wrote: I think it's interesting that they modded Sarai even when she stated she didn't want to be a mod.

...who?

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:08:07

At 11/6/05 05:01 AM, Miikro wrote: ...who?

The intelligent, beautiful, Asian mod,Sarai.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:09:41

At 11/6/05 05:08 AM, Seizure_Dog wrote: The intelligent, beautiful, Asian mod,Sarai.

Wow, she's only been on since May? Incredible.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:09:55

At 11/6/05 05:07 AM, _Guardian_ wrote: Am I the only one thats happy that Sarai got mod position? She is a very intelligent user that always gets the other Newground regulars attention. I'm sure she will be a good moderator for the NG BBS.

All I find strange, is that she's so young in NG time, I mean, she's been a member for hardly 6 months?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:10:27

At 11/6/05 05:08 AM, Seizure_Dog wrote:
At 11/6/05 05:01 AM, Miikro wrote: ...who?
The intelligent, beautiful, Asian mod,Sarai.

Once again.

....who?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:11:45

About sarai becoming a mod.

does anyone think this has to do with it?

here

That was on Ozcars thread about him trying to get a psp.

With only around 1,300 post's i think it does.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:11:59

At 11/6/05 05:07 AM, _Guardian_ wrote: Am I the only one thats happy that Sarai got mod position?

yeah, you pretty much are.
it doesnt seem logical to me,
but i think alot of people are just jealous.
theres more to the bbs then being a mod.

// Sig Makers // WWE Fans // Tumblr //

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:13:10

At 11/6/05 05:11 AM, _Guardian_ wrote:
At 11/6/05 05:09 AM, -DareDevilGuy- wrote: All I find strange, is that she's so young in NG time, I mean, she's been a member for hardly 6 months?
Look at her posts.

Look at her threads.

No other NG user has brought upon this kind of presence over the NG BBS before.

She looks like QuistyLite.

Bad poetry and all.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:14:54

At 11/6/05 05:11 AM, _Guardian_ wrote: Look at her posts.

Look at her threads.

No other NG user has brought upon this kind of presence over the NG BBS before.

All I know, is when I hear the name Sarai, I think of her whoring out her pics, somehow her threads and posts don't get to me then, but that's all that I remember from her

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:16:26

At 11/6/05 05:11 AM, madknt wrote: yeah, you pretty much are.
it doesnt seem logical to me,
but i think alot of people are just jealous.
theres more to the bbs then being a mod.

I think she'll make a decent mod, it just seems a little quick. I enjoy my time on the BBS not being a mod, it seems like everything would change once you become a moderator. Being a mod would be interesting, you could do something about the spam topics you see, at least directly. But you just have a more anonymous feel when you're just a reg, that's kind of comfortable.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:16:46

At 11/6/05 05:07 AM, _Guardian_ wrote: Am I the only one thats happy that Sarai got mod position? She is a very intelligent user that always gets the other Newground regulars attention. I'm sure she will be a good moderator for the NG BBS.

Even Sarai isn't too thrilled about it :P

SeizureDogNG: so how do you feel about your modship?
At Your Heart: Urghh, coming to terms?

But no, I'm happy for her. A get a little power behind the throne now >:)

At 11/6/05 05:10 AM, Miikro wrote: Once again.

....who?

Basically got famous for this thread and her crazy gfoxy posts.

Of course I have other reasons for liking her, but for the main populace, that's where it's at.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:21:38

At 11/6/05 05:16 AM, _Guardian_ wrote: If ya got the looks you flaunt it buddy ;-)

What I mean with that, if she wants to be remembered as a good mod, she should stop posting pics so much, so her posts make more impression, and get remembered, you know what I mean?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:23:30

I'm absolutely appalled that BadReligionSkater wasn't part of this ever-so tumulous batch. Never come, easy go. I honestly wish I could fathom what you pixelated police were discussing in the lounge so secret when you messed that one up.

A bellated congratulation to those with new moderator powers, here's hoping you use them to an effect that isn't quite as mundane as one might expect from you. To be honest, I didn't see this coming for a good few months, afterall, it was my solemn and irrevocable belief that this whole shebang was ticking over smoothly. Cup overflow, with bells.

Still, no worries on my part. I have contemporaries.

I must admit, two of the choices shocked the life out of me, but no matter, mind over it.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:23:50

No you're not the only person who's happy. :P

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:28:13

Hello,

Thank you most of you for saying kind words about me, I hope I can live up to your expectations.

For the people who think there are better choices, there probably are, but I will try and do my best and over-time make up for some of the problems I'm sure you see with me. If you can give me the time, I can give you the time.

$150 to Ozcar? Ohhh dear.... I'm sorry to have got it wrong, it was more like $500 to Ozcar and a personal kiss-o-gram to everyone else.

Anyway, thank you very much. I intend to keep doing my Psycho thread if I have time, and umm...

Thank you moderators and Wade.

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:33:45

At 11/6/05 05:23 AM, Tremour wrote: I'm absolutely appalled that BadReligionSkater wasn't part of this ever-so tumulous batch.

I say let him focus on his photoshoping.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:36:35

At 11/6/05 05:25 AM, -Canas- wrote: Maybe if you BBS'ed a little more, things would be different. >:(

I'll be honest with you, Chuckles, you were one of the two that split my head with heavenly wonder. A guess couldn't have crossed my mind, sticking you in the frame. Still, I've always admired your wily ways. Here's hoping, etc.

As for myself, I refuse to continue further BBSings until matters pick up and someone finds the alchemic formulae to turn lead into gold. The metaphorical lead being topics. BBS topics. Here. There's nothing of notable worth. Save, of course, this turn of events, which will surely provide heaps of entertainment and drama in the pages to come. I'll be here all the while, laughing at all who feel indignity at the whole affair.

Thank you for the music, the songs I'm singing.

<3

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:37:24

Congrats to all the new mods.
I notice Canas is already stretching out his locking finger. Nice lock message.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 05:38:39

At 11/6/05 05:37 AM, Zendra wrote: This most be the most proffesional answer I've heard from someone that just got modded. But you're saying something very realistic and true.

Congrats on getting modded. :)

Actually sounded a little class president-ish to me... I mean, um, way to be moded.

BBS Signature