00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Pomnicaine43 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The New Moderator Thread

26,651 Views | 504 Replies

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:09:26

At 11/6/05 05:07 PM, LadyGrace wrote:
At 11/6/05 05:03 PM, Sarai wrote: But seriously, guys if you're reading this, remember to send me my cut okay?

-S
your cut? FGM?

Yeah, I presume since I hold copyright on my own pictures when they get resold by the admins I should get a bit? Hmmm probably only a few p, but those add up...

*smile*

The Newgrounds O-Ren-Ishii but with a nicer smile and still alive

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:13:34

At 11/6/05 05:09 PM, Sarai wrote: Yeah, I presume since I hold copyright on my own pictures when they get resold by the admins I should get a bit? Hmmm probably only a few p, but those add up...

*smile*

FGM .

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:16:09

At 11/6/05 05:13 PM, LadyGrace wrote: FGM .

Okay, that's just nasty.

Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:17:53

At 11/6/05 05:10 PM, MuyBurrito wrote:
Sarai:
I may dislike you as a 'person,' but let's just hope you don't go and fuck this up, k?

Deal

*e-shake*

:)

Anyway, bed time, enjoy the nightlife you people, I've got to work tomorrow :( Unlucky accountant me.

By the way:

FGM, I'm sorry it happened to you :( Don't worry I'm not sure if you needed children anyway.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:22:37

i dislike bitches and asians.

i also hate bans; but what the hell.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:29:36

At 11/6/05 05:17 PM, Sarai wrote: FGM, I'm sorry it happened to you :( Don't worry I'm not sure if you needed children anyway.

Actually, FGM doesn't prevent one from having children, just enjoying sex. And you're the one talking about "getting your cut". I could only assume.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:31:37

And there we have it, too much internet means that if people say words like "Cut", they are automatically assumed to mean "Female genital Mutilation" by others. Nice going internet!

*gives the Internet a hi-5 thing*

yawn

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:33:19

This thread should be renamed "A lot of whining by some bitter assholes"

HA

HA

I

AM

SO

PHUNNY

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:34:27

At 11/6/05 05:31 PM, Sarai wrote: And there we have it, too much internet means that if people say words like "Cut", they are automatically assumed to mean "Female genital Mutilation" by others. Nice going internet!

Yeah, but you actually didn't read the link that I provided. Therefore, you didn't do your true duty as a moderator. I'm sorry if you find links hard to click, or is it the reading that provides the challenge?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:37:13

At 11/6/05 05:33 PM, -poxpower- wrote: This thread should be renamed "A lot of whining by some bitter assholes"

This post should be called "Opinions are ruled by what we say"

HA

HA

I

AM

SO

PHUNNY

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:37:53

At 11/6/05 05:34 PM, LadyGrace wrote:
At 11/6/05 05:31 PM, Sarai wrote: And there we have it, too much internet means that if people say words like "Cut", they are automatically assumed to mean "Female genital Mutilation" by others. Nice going internet!
Yeah, but you actually didn't read the link that I provided. Therefore, you didn't do your true duty as a moderator. I'm sorry if you find links hard to click, or is it the reading that provides the challenge?

I think it's possibly the reading, when you have to learn about 6000 individual character in China, your brain is kinda full. Especially as I actually know about 9000 (out of 26,000) + PinYin which is a whole system just for silly foreigners to learn.

But you know what the strange thing is.. You guys have only 26 characters, yet you often struggle. So I'll take my average English, my good Chinese and my basic, basic French and be content.

aww I didn't mean it :p Honest!

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:38:43

I love how every time someone BAD gets modded, everyone tries to throw around the jealousy and bitter cards.

Did you ever stop to think that maybe we disagree because it was a BAD CALL?

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:39:19

At 11/6/05 05:37 PM, Sarai wrote: I think it's possibly the reading, when you have to learn about 6000 individual character in China, your brain is kinda full. Especially as I actually know about 9000 (out of 26,000) + PinYin which is a whole system just for silly foreigners to learn.

Then why accept a moderator's position on an English speaking forum?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:40:37

At 11/6/05 05:39 PM, Sanjay wrote: This is supposed to be a congratulatory thread, not a whine and bitch thread.

CONGRATULATIONS to the new additions to the mod team!

Finally, thank you. I'm glad somebody else recognized that.

Think you're pretty clever...

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:40:54

At 11/6/05 05:39 PM, LadyGrace wrote:
Then why accept a moderator's position on an English speaking forum?

Because my English is better than yours?

*checks post history*

Yep.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:46:01

At 11/6/05 05:38 PM, Miikro wrote:
Did you ever stop to think that maybe we disagree because it was a BAD CALL?

Did you ever stop to think that I am a mod, and you are not, and FOR A REASON, and when I tell you that I think Gooch and Sarai are fully deserving, I HAVE REASONS TO DO SO?

Fuck I don't know what's all this shit with you people ganging on Sarai, but I won't defend her because then you'll come back at me double-throlle while mentioning tits and ass-kissing, so seriously guys, grab a tray of ice cubs and drop em' in those pants of yours.

And here is some truth for you all to enjoy: before today, I thought only Gooch should have been moded, and not really anyways. But not I think I am ok with Sarai and JusticeofSarcasm, because of this thread mostly too. HA SUKAS

TRUTH NUMBER TWO: I am only posting here because I am waiting for the pizza to be done so I can go eat. Its tasty, it has peeper and mushrooms and shit. TASTY

TRUTH THIRTH: english is my second language and I make a lot of typos and I never saw anyone complain about that, so suck a lemon.

p.s. DAMN YOU DOBIO, YOU ASS, YOUR POST WASN'T THERE WHEN I MADE MINE :(

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:46:05

At 11/6/05 05:44 PM, MuyBurrito wrote:
You think 6000 chinese characters and some Egg Fu Yung recipes are something special? Try memorizing all 150 pokemon including stats and special attacks.

I'm fucking hardcore.

Yep, I see where you're coming from :(

Try doing all the ISA, IFRS, SOX, and GAAP & GASS stuff that I do.

Everyone has their own skills.

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:47:15

Seriously, though.

Although I'm against Sarai's modding for other reasons, that's not what's bugging me, what's doing it is why was she modded ? I mean, she has very little experience, forum and site wise. I've looked over her posts, and to be honest, found absolutely nothing remarkable. Infact, nothing I haven't seen from people with the same level of experience and post count. She hasn't been tremendously helpful, as far as I can tell, and isn't particularly active in chat or other areas of the site.

I really would like an explanation, other than "We thought it was a good idea at the time" or some other bullshit cop-out.

Give me one good reason, and I'll drop everything against her.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:47:18

At 11/6/05 05:39 PM, Sanjay wrote: You can quit bugging me about SCD's demodding too while you're at it.

Oh shit im demodded?!?!

This is supposed to be a congratulatory thread, not a whine and bitch thread.

Maybe sharing their posting their opinions on the new moderators on a BBS is wrong...wait whut?

CONGRATULATIONS to the new additions to the mod team!

I agree, congratulations and watch out for your friends, they will only be your true friends when you go throug the good and the bad. And expect a lot of suck ups, and gay sex in the mod lounge.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:47:21

There's a reason governments usually don't let twenty to 30 year-olds decide things.

Good reasons don't matter. You guys have to remember that you are young and foolish.

We all are, so the chances of all the mods getting nominated and given power for good reasons is highly likely. Good social reasons, that is. It's brilliant how everyone stands on their side of the argument and says all the normal things, never pointing out the flaws in their own reasoning.

I'm mad at the BBS in general for their mockery.

I'm mad at those in charge for flat out denying that some of the choices may be questionable.

All that being said, it doesn't matter.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:47:46

At 11/6/05 05:39 PM, Sanjay wrote:
This is supposed to be a congratulatory thread, not a whine and bitch thread.

screw that, I like this a lot more.

What's better? 12 pages of ass-kissing, or 12 pages of hilarious drama?
I know which one I would pick any day of the week.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:48:18

Sarai, there's a difference between a typo and ignorance

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:48:53

pox sucks at modding...dobio's greasy vagina ...

At 1/16/09 06:14 AM, Jonas wrote:

: Altr remains the only reason the BBS is here. It waits for him to post, and cries when he ignores it's unlubed asshole.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:50:32

At 11/6/05 05:47 PM, Homophobe wrote: Seriously, though.
I really would like an explanation, other than "We thought it was a good idea at the time" or some other bullshit cop-out.

Give me one good reason, and I'll drop everything against her.

Fair point

*looks shifty*

You caught me, it WAS THE PICTURES

help?

No, but seriously I can't answer you, but what I will say is I will do a good job. Being a mod doesn't give you money, or free stuff or anything, it's not like I'm paupering you, so I wouldn't worry. If I suck for long enough (And I don't mean in the sexual sense!) then I'm sure I'll be back to being plain old me.
If I don't suck, maybe I'll grow on you... (wish somethings would grow on me....)

-S

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:51:04

At 11/6/05 05:50 PM, Dobio wrote:
At 11/6/05 05:48 PM, _altr_ wrote: pox sucks at modding...dobio's greasy vagina ...
Eating me out is like a trip to McDonald's.

LMFAO. aww man

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:52:30

At 11/6/05 05:48 PM, _altr_ wrote: pox sucks at modding...dobio's greasy vagina ...

:o
You're like the mental image TV.
MORE MORE

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:54:33

At 11/6/05 05:53 PM, Dobio wrote: Reason Sarai was modded.

She's intelligent, she's a female, and Nephthys quit.

What more reason do you need?

At least it's not like DarkArchon or something. (LOL 150 posts)

You forgot the T&A :P I'm shocked you liked it last night ;-)

Anyway, seriously... must sleep... have work... can't let Newgrounds... eat me up...

Got Rice?

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:55:10

At 11/6/05 05:00 PM, Nomader wrote: Of course. We'd have Earfetish and X-Naut up in no time... and although I like both users, some users just aren't meant to be moderators.

What the fuck man they modded Ozcar, they know nothing, sometimes the people who spend time on the BBS have more sense about who is what.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:57:04

At 11/6/05 05:50 PM, Sarai wrote:
If I don't suck

you wouldn't be mod

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 17:57:26

At 11/6/05 05:45 PM, Dobio wrote:
At 11/6/05 05:38 PM, Miikro wrote: Did you ever stop to think that maybe we disagree because it was a BAD CALL?
It's not your call though.

That it may not be, but that doesn't mean we have to be happy about it.

If Apple Jacks aren't going to taste like real apples, then they can get a regular job like everybody else.

BBS Signature