00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

JohnDickard just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The New Moderator Thread

26,650 Views | 504 Replies

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:36:49

Just in case you were wondering....

J0S PWNS J00!!!

I'm very happy other DAGers are getting modded.

This is a song about death. It's on mandolin.

Hate is the first step to all solutions.

You will not end bigotry until you learn to hate it.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:37:06

Congrats to all. All positions well deserved.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:37:23

Shrapnel, just want to say that something can be done.

I think it is a shame that you prevent us from doing some just, afterall, we made a thread to see what would happen, not to force people to think like us.

Most fair would be if each one made their own decision, and if they did sign the list, they would make a difference.

Regards, Andersson.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:38:41

At 11/6/05 10:37 AM, Andersson wrote: Regards, Andersson.

Keep the list itself and sign me on it.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:38:53

At 11/6/05 02:59 AM, Gunter45 wrote: As you may be aware, we have had 4 new mods tonight (in order of discovery):
-Canas-

No, not good. Not friendly enough.

Evark

Never heard of that man

Sarai

Can hook up with mary, who should be demodded too. Worst decision ever!

Gooch

The only one who really deserves to be a mod. Too bad he didn't got modded earlier.

I also saw that SCD got demodded, what is a terrible decision. NG is becoming dumber and dumber.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:40:05

You should start the petition again at petition.com

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:40:31

At 11/6/05 10:40 AM, Kirk_Cocaine wrote:

It's worth a try.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:41:22

*PetitionOnline.com

The water in Majorca don't taste like what it oughta.

| AS3: Main | AS2: Main | Flash Tutorials |

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:42:25

At 11/6/05 10:41 AM, Kirk_Cocaine wrote:
*PetitionOnline.com

I think this is the direct link.

http://www.petitiono..create_petition.html

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:43:36

At 11/6/05 10:37 AM, Andersson wrote: Shrapnel, just want to say that something can be done.
Regards, Andersson.

Wouldn't it be wiser to email him, that way you dont end up posting the same point 3 times in 3 different threads.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:44:50

Holy Shit.....my power goes out and this is what happens....

We needed new mods, im glad that they were the ones chosen. All very deserving of the job.

Congrats to all of you.

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:45:05

WOW

So much drama in one day.. Im not used to it really.... the BBS is usually just a quiet and timid place....

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:45:29

At 11/6/05 10:40 AM, Kirk_Cocaine wrote: You should start the petition again at petition.com

I severly doubt it'll make any sort of an impact on the whole scenario. The current team have obviously made their decision, however much you or I disagree with it, and I can't see them backing down via outside influence.

Still, I'd sign the petition were someone to lay it up, even though I see it as futility, simply out of principle. Besides, it's always worht a shot. Stranger things have happened in the course of existence.

For sure.

FUCK

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:50:51

Thank you for all support and yes, I have an own list there I sign up everyone who say that they want to sign it, to only state that it is a bad decition ain't enough to get on the list, I need you to actually say that you sign the list or whatever.

And, I will make a petition at the link I was given, thank you for all your effort.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 10:59:44

For those of you that wish to sign a protest to re-mod Slightly_Crazy_Dude, you may do so at the following link:

http://new.petitiono..wd1ef1/petition.html

So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains, and we never even know we had the key...

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 11:06:04

Nice! Gooch and -Canas- deserve it :D

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 11:11:37

At 11/6/05 10:59 AM, IllustriousPotentate wrote: For those of you that wish to sign a protest to re-mod Slightly_Crazy_Dude, you may do so at the following link:

http://new.petitiono..wd1ef1/petition.html

Signed.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 11:18:13

MAY I BE A MOD

PLEASE I WOULD DO ANYTIHNG TO MOD THESE FORUMS

PPL NOMINATE ME

LOVE, CEREAL

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 11:21:02

Well, yes, this is certainly an unexpected turn of events. I believe however that all of these changes were made for the better. And I mean ALL of them.

-Canas- - A great guy who post quite a lot, and says things that are often funny and entertaining (silly internet internet). To be honest, I wasn't expecting him to become a mod, mostly because he doesn't seem like the person who would be up for being a mod. Though, now that he is, I can't really say I dont like it, I actually think its great. So, probably one of the last people I was expecting, but still a worthy candidate nonetheless.

Evark - WHO CALLED IT?! I so knew he was going to become a mod the next time they did this sort of thing. The only question I have is... "What took them so long?" I am so glad that Evark was modded, for he was my first choice under people who deserve to be modded. His post are excellent, his sense of humor, unique, and I love how he is extremely intelligent. I've also seen in more than one occasion, him serving up a platter of pure ownage to any who dare challenge him. Should be quite amusing to see his ban messages. I'm very happy to see that this good friend of mine was modded.

Sarai - I dont know why people are making such a big controversy as to why she was modded. I've admired each and everyone of her post pretty much since she first started out. I remember her having less than 100 posts, and I would think to myself "She's going to go far on the BBS." And would you look at that, she has. So to anyone who thinks that she shouldn't be a mod, I will have to disagree. I think that her committment to the BBS is greater than others, AND, the quality of her post exceeds many others in which I have seen. Therefore, I'm very happy to see that she was modded.

Gooch - Ah, finally, everyone's request have been fulfilled. I knew he was also going to be selected, not because everyone wanted him to, but because I believed that he truely deserved to. His witty post, and great BBS personality was bound to get him modded sooner or later. Congrats Gooch. You are a great guy, and I'm sure we can expect great things from you now that you are a mod.

Finally the last two mods to be modded. JusticeofSarcasm and Proteas.
I cant really say that I know Proteas at all. I dont think I've ever seen him post at all, and considering as how he has been here for over 2 years, and has almost 4000 post, I find that strange. Nonetheless, I'm sure that he deserves to be modded just as well as anyone else.

JusticeofSarcasm however... kind of the same story. The only difference is that I have seen you post, I do recognize your name, and I do also recognize your sig as well (haha). But even then, I cant really say I recall what you have said or done. In short, I know of you, but I dont really know you. Again though, I'm sure that you deserve to be a mod just as much as anyone else.

So thats what I have to say about the new mods. Today is an excellent day indeed.

Now that Gooch has been modded, I wonder who people will say next.

Thank you for your time.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 11:24:45

Big congrats to all the new moderators, do a good job ok? I'm sure after even a short amount of time you'll all simply blend in with the rest of the moderation team and you guys being mods will be normal like any other day.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 11:31:38

At 11/6/05 11:15 AM, BareNakedMike wrote: And hey gooch now almost everyone who had a appreciation back in the day is a mod :)

Yeah totally what the fuck

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 11:40:31

At 11/6/05 11:22 AM, marchingtyrants wrote:
At 11/6/05 11:18 AM, CereaI wrote: MAY I BE A FAGGOT

PLEASE I WOULD DO ANYTIHNG TO BE A NOOB IN THIS FORUM

PPL NOMINATE ME AND KILL ME

LOVE, CEREAL. P.S I AM GAY IF YOURE GAY I'LL GIVE YOU A FREE BLOWJOB!
I support you 100%

that was VERY disrespectful!

and NONIMATE ME to be a mod people :)

love, Cereal

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 11:55:01

At 11/6/05 11:40 AM, CereaI wrote: that was VERY respectful!

and NONIMATE ME to be a noob people :)

gay love, Cereal

I've played JusticeOfSarcasm in CS:S once...what a noob :P

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 12:22:21

Congrats to the new mods. All seem like fair choices.

At 11/6/05 11:52 AM, FBIpolux wrote: I'm not leaving. Let's sat that I'm taking a long pause. I've ben waiting for the perfet occastion, this month. And I suck too much to make a perfect last post like Nephthys did.

So long FBIpolux. May your life flourish as your reputation on NG did.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 13:16:49

At 11/6/05 01:15 PM, EclecticEnnui wrote: Congrats.

So was SCD demodded because of that thread alone?

Yep.

That ONE thread alone.

If they needed to de-mod someone in order to add an extra 6, SCD shouldn't have been the choice.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 13:16:52

Gooch is the only one that deserves it.

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 14:03:07

I'm happy to see the new Mods, and I'm especially happy for Sarai. Good luck to everyone and their new modding abilities.

Still original, creative & innovative, most known unknown.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 14:06:14

great just what we need more mods...

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 14:07:59

At 11/6/05 12:22 PM, Wylo wrote: Congrats to the new mods. All seem like fair choices.

Wow, that's the joke of the century.

I'm your average Afro-American fetus. For example: I enjoy basketball, I'm rather good when I play too, but I'm much too busy scratching my horrific cracked skin these days.

BBS Signature

Response to The New Moderator Thread 2005-11-06 14:08:59

I thought they would become mods someday, but damn that was fast. Especially for Sarai. Congrats to everyone, they all deserve it, and I look forward to the fun times ahead.

I am a new terror born in death, a new superstition entering the unassailable fortress of forever. I am legend.

BBS Signature