00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Demons202 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

228,465 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-08 11:32:42

how you join?

"its not rocket science . its brain surgery"

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-08 11:44:56

At 9/8/09 11:32 AM, gingivere wrote: how you join?

Well you post more than a three word post and get into the discussion. :) Explain your exact beliefs and if any of the posts earlier up on the page intrigue you, quote them and throw in your two cents about what they said. Don't get pissed off and start insulting people, but at the same time, don't be afraid to put out your opinion on a matter. And as far as people who say ridiculous arguments just to try and piss everyone off, do your best to ignore them. We've had a few hiccups with people like that along the way. Hope to see you around more often.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-08 12:04:57

This has almost become a discussion whether or not god exists! OMG!
I don't believe in god either, so can i join =D

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."

- Emo Philips

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-08 16:51:11

At 9/7/09 04:30 PM, HighJack wrote: You are quite ignorant, sir.

I just enjoy seeing the puzzled look on their face when I say that I would only believe in God if given a reasonable amount of proof. "What, you need proof to accept a theory as to how everything that is, has been, and ever will be was created? Holy fuck, that is incomprehensible".
By the way, I'm not even trying to argue with you. Medicine to a dead man.

I'm glad to hear that it is fun for you to practice stupidity.

Hey, I'm sure you enjoy going to church, amirite?

Well, it's nice to see that you don't lie, as you are making very uneducated arguments.

You'll catch more flies with a teaspoon of honey than with a gallon of vinegar.
Actually, let me put it even more clearly: If you want people to listen to you, don't call them ignorant ass holes, and then lose your shit when they don't take you seriously and draw you into flame wars where it is blatantly clear to everyone that said person is just reveling in dancing circles around you.

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-08 17:42:16

At 9/7/09 04:24 PM, HighJack wrote:
At 9/7/09 12:23 PM, michelinman wrote:
Are you really telling me that you wouldn't sacrifice your honor to get into a magical place where you will always have everything you want, and that you would rather keep your honor and suffer for the rest of eternity?

If you really believe that Heaven is nothing but ice cream mountains, butterscotch rivers, rainbows, unicorn, gnomes and other Wonka-esque attractions, you are sadly, sadly mistaken. God doesn't need worship. He doesn't need anything, really, because He has no Ego to satisfy and inflate.

Thousands of people also claim to have seen/heard/felt God, why is that any different?

I have no qualms with this.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-08 18:36:15

At 9/8/09 04:51 PM, Patton3 wrote: By the way, I'm not even trying to argue with you. Medicine to a dead man.

Medicine to a dead man. Hehe. Made a mental note of that one. :)

where it is blatantly clear to everyone that said person is just reveling in dancing circles around you.

Guilty as charged. :)

At 9/8/09 05:42 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: He doesn't need anything, really, because He has no Ego to satisfy and inflate.

Actually he does. He's jealous, remember? How an omniscient being is capable of such a petty human emotion is beyond me, but hey! His word is infallible! And it's nice to see you back dude. It's been a while. You been busy with something?

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-08 18:46:57

At 9/8/09 06:36 PM, michelinman wrote: Actually he does. He's jealous, remember? How an omniscient being is capable of such a petty human emotion is beyond me, but hey!

But he's God. He's the most jealous person imaginable.
As well as being the least.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-08 22:42:23

At 9/8/09 06:36 PM, michelinman wrote:
At 9/8/09 05:42 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: He doesn't need anything, really, because He has no Ego to satisfy and inflate.
And it's nice to see you back dude. It's been a while. You been busy with something?

I saw that this thread was, at the time, a troll fighting fest, so I backed off until things cooled down. That and I just got back from an almost week long stay in Vermont. It's nice to be back :3.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-09 00:12:51

god: mans way of dealing with the fact that he DOESNT know how he got here, why he is here and what happens when he is no longer here. his need to create an omnipotent being that is all knowing (hmm like galactus) who has a herald....gabriel or the silver surfer whomever you wanna call him, to warn us of his "coming". he loves us but he has already 2 times murdered hundreds of thousands of people. sodom and gamorrah, and that whole waterworld thing. but he does love us UNCONDITIONALLY nonetheless....unless we break these ten rules he has...which in turn makes that CONDITIONAL love...and lets not forget what happens if we do break one of his little rules. we go to a place full of our worse nightmares and sadness and pain and suffering....but if we obey the rules which in itself is impossible, we go to heaven! sounds like a car salesman selling u a dream. then there is the god made man in his image....so god is essentially, albert einstein, martin luther king, john f kennedy, adolf hitler, benito mussolini, and charles manson. hmm ok, so i can see the argument of man is the best and worst of god, but why would a god that says he is so loving let so many people die and suffer? yet christians.....who are just as human as us and are more often then not freaks behind closed doors look at a person thats agnostic or athiest as crazy insane evil people.

i personally have a personal vendetta with their "GOD"! thats just the way it is, i have my reasons.

i think the bible is exactly what it says...the greatest STORY ever told!

End of Line.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-09 00:47:38

Tell me what you think of this, guys:

I recently heard a refutation of the Cosmological argument, and the main point was, of course, who created God? He asked the question "What exists but has no cause? Energy." The first thing that came to mind was "If Energy has always existed, why can't God?" Anyway, what I thought isn't important, but what he stated about energy always existing is. This led me to the conclusion that Pantheism is, in fact, a more logical position over the usual three choices of Atheism, Agnosticism, and Theism.

The reason? If we classify "God" as Energy, and Energy has always existed, then BING, problem solved. Thoughts? Of course, this only works if you choose to define God as Energy. If not, never mind.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-09 08:50:53

I was an athiest for about a year when I was a teenager. I started losing sleep, and wasdepressed all the time. I eventually got myself out of athiesm by presenting the logical argument that since science is being corrected on a nigh daily basis, we don't know nearly as much about the world as we think we do. It followed that if that's the case, it's quite possible there is a god that exists in some form we don't know. Now, I don't pretend to understand any such being's motives, benevolence, or even its sapience, as unless we can comprehend the existence of such a being there is no point in attempting to comprehend its motives or een its ability to have motives, and that attemptiung to understand it through the narrow scope of Judeo-Christian religious beliefs is like attempting to score a bullseye on a dartboard while facing away and throwing over your shoulder.

I pretty much accept that something non-human is out there (whether higher/lower being, alien, or what have you) and move on with my life knowing that I probably won't have any contact with it at least ntil I die. That said, I DO believe in karmic balance, which is practically newtonian in its application, so while religion doesn't keep me in line my karmic beliefs keep me on track.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-10 08:34:56

At 9/9/09 12:47 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote: The reason? If we classify "God" as Energy, and Energy has always existed, then BING, problem solved. Thoughts? Of course, this only works if you choose to define God as Energy. If not, never mind.

If you define God as my balls, then God also exists.

Energy hasn't necessarily always existed unless you understand cosmology better than I do.

Saying anything like 'theism is right because God is love' or 'God is energy' or 'God is a tree' doesn't work for me - call energy God all you like, but don't think energy is interested in you or cares about you or has any Godlike qualities at all.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-10 11:57:17

At 9/10/09 08:34 AM, Earfetish wrote:
At 9/9/09 12:47 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote:
If you define God as my balls, then God also exists.

Energy hasn't necessarily always existed unless you understand cosmology better than I do.

I don't. I was just putting forth someone else's idea.

Saying anything like 'theism is right because God is love' or 'God is energy' or 'God is a tree' doesn't work for me - call energy God all you like, but don't think energy is interested in you or cares about you or has any Godlike qualities at all.

I understand. We're working with the original, strict definition of God here.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-10 16:25:05

Why are atheists such angry people?

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-10 16:57:31

At 9/10/09 04:25 PM, bluesectionrow18 wrote: Why are atheists such angry people?

Because the voices in our heads don't justify murder for us :(.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-11 19:24:24

At 9/6/09 11:00 PM, michelinman wrote:
Better to live your life the way you want without being blackmailed then to die in shame. I follow my conscience and do what I know is right, and if "God" doesn't respect that, then fuck him, I'd rather be in hell than bow to something like that.

Good answer!

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-11 20:36:56

You guys will probably get a chuckle out of this. Really puts things in perspective. :)

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-12 05:37:18

enjoy your time in hell assholes

CLONE ONE SCALE THE RANKS

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-12 17:27:01

I keep seeing annonymous raid groups outside the church of scientology in Manchester.

I talked to the guys inside the church, and he got me thinking, why can't people let other people be?

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-12 18:36:03

At 9/12/09 05:37 AM, cloneone wrote: enjoy your time in hell assholes

Dear god,
If I'm going to hell, I want to be in familiar company. and I don't really want to spend eternity with people like this in heaven... So, doom me to eternal damnation you all-knowing, all-loving being, you!

Regards,
Your creation whom you claim to love unequivocally but are dooming to hell for some inexplicable reason

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-12 19:42:03

At 9/12/09 05:27 PM, Obvious-M wrote: I keep seeing annonymous raid groups outside the church of scientology in Manchester.

I talked to the guys inside the church, and he got me thinking, why can't people let other people be?

My brother was there.

The COS stifles criticism and the only thing you can do with something that stifles criticism is protest loudly irl

however I'd think protesting against the Catholic Church would be more ballsy

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-12 19:48:52

At 9/12/09 07:42 PM, Earfetish wrote: My brother was there.
The COS stifles criticism and the only thing you can do with something that stifles criticism is protest loudly irl

Did everyone march towards it in alien costumes making 'PEW! PEW!' noises?

Cause that would be hilarious.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-12 22:42:29

lol yeah it would be

Everybody Lies

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-13 16:38:09

At 9/8/09 05:42 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: If you really believe that Heaven is nothing but ice cream mountains, butterscotch rivers, rainbows, unicorn, gnomes and other Wonka-esque attractions, you are sadly, sadly mistaken. God doesn't need worship. He doesn't need anything, really, because He has no Ego to satisfy and inflate.

And you know this how exactly?

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-13 16:42:26

At 9/8/09 04:51 PM, Patton3 wrote: I just enjoy seeing the puzzled look on their face when I say that I would only believe in God if given a reasonable amount of proof. "What, you need proof to accept a theory as to how everything that is, has been, and ever will be was created? Holy fuck, that is incomprehensible".

You have no proof to support your theory that God doesn't exist. How is that any different?

Hey, I'm sure you enjoy going to church, amirite?

Church, is an example of how stupid Religious people can be.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-13 16:45:18

At 9/12/09 05:37 AM, cloneone wrote: enjoy your time in hell assholes

You give a bad name to Religion.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-13 18:53:58

At 9/13/09 04:38 PM, HighJack wrote:
At 9/8/09 05:42 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: If you really believe that Heaven is nothing but ice cream mountains, butterscotch rivers, rainbows, unicorn, gnomes and other Wonka-esque attractions, you are sadly, sadly mistaken. God doesn't need worship. He doesn't need anything, really, because He has no Ego to satisfy and inflate.
And you know this how exactly?

I can infer this because according to the Bible, people in Heaven will have transformed bodies and minds, free of sin. Someone who is perfect doesn't need anything. Why would we want anything we could have in Heaven if we're perfect? People following and living in fear of God just to be a kid in a candy shop(getting anything they want) in Heaven is a frighteningly shallow trade-off.

God says to avoid materialism in this world, and if you follow this, you'll be rewarded with materialism and all sorts of goodies in Heaven. So we can't enjoy material objects here on Earth but only in Heaven can we indulge. What?

I know God doesn't need worship because by virtue and definition He is perfect and perfection manifest.

If you have a child, is your motive to have your son or daughter worship you and serve you? That's ridiculous.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-13 19:02:37

I got a leaflet and walking away I turned, and shouted they lost the game. One guy looked pissed off.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-13 19:07:44

At 9/13/09 07:02 PM, Obvious-M wrote:

I got a leaflet and walking away I turned, and shouted they lost the game. One guy looked pissed off.

That..is ...amazing. Who'd have known the Church lurks /b/? Also, I'd say you guys would like the book "Spiders of Allah" by James Heider, I believe. It's the Times correspondant in Iraq, writing about his experiences being an atheisist in a war defined by ideological boundries.

This looks froody.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-14 00:29:45

Here is my problem. There are a lot of people (mostly kids aged 12-18) that claim to be atheist but merely pick it because they think it is "cool". These kids probably couldn't tell you a damn thing about the bible, the torah, the quran, the avesta, or any of that shit.

I feel one should have to do a lot of research before being allowed to classify themselves under any religion. But especially atheism, because they give us non-goth/emo/punk and intelligent atheists a bad name.

(also, I can join... right?)

And I'm not saying all kids between the ages of 12-18 who claim to be atheists are like that... and I'm 17, so i definitely am not saying that.