00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Tuppux just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

229,696 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 20:04:35

At 9/6/09 07:43 PM, michelinman wrote: And Nev, you forgot to add in that a man can't live inside a "great fish" for 40 days without being digested.

Lets face it, I forgot a lot of things :P.

My friend told this horrible (personality wise) fat girl at high school that 'you're like Jonah... forever trapped in the body of a whale'. I thought it was genius.

Also, I love that picture!

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 20:54:59

At 9/6/09 08:49 PM, ph0ne wrote: Oh, and michelinman, this is for you. Next time don't lose your cool in an argument. I can safely say that you lose since you got mad and slandered us.

you deserve what you get for saying such heartless things about HIV. It is not a punishment for not abstaining.

It is totally immoral for the catholic church to forbid a HIV positive married man from wearing a condom before having sex with his wife. Defend it.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 20:58:27

At 9/6/09 08:45 PM, ph0ne wrote: Oh no. God forbid that I be banned from this wonderful forum because you can't bring a reasonable response, so you act like a child and tell on me. What a great name you're spreading for yourselves.

Quite high and mighty from a guy who used this as an argument:
'My best possible retort is to say that you're just mad that you have AIDS and I don't...'

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 21:01:10

Science and religion can coexist, because they are two completely different things. Science is an explanation for events, and a prediction of future events based on past knowledge. Religion is a set of beliefs. There's no overlap-- the two can coexist peacefully if you would all just learn to accept those with a different viewpoint from yourself. If it brings you no harm, then it should not be harmed itself.

I'm an active Christian who believes in Evolution and the Big Bang.

/thread

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 21:09:22

At 9/6/09 08:59 PM, ph0ne wrote: Religion has helped me better myself, both mentally and spiritually. It has helped me become more moral, giving me a better sense of what's right and what's wrong.

More moral, you say?
All that AIDS stuff begs to differ.

It benifits me greatly, has given me a happy life, and that's all that matters. Have fun with your angry atheist life.

Happiness and Religion have nothing to do with one another.
Anger and Athiest have nothing to do with one another.
It's swings and roundabouts. You can't deny the hope aspect that Religion gives. But not everyone needs that in order to be content with life.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 21:33:24

At 9/6/09 08:59 PM, ph0ne wrote: Religion isn't about proving what happened and what didn't. It's not about being realistic or not. It's not about explaining how we came to be. You try to look at religion from a childish and "realismfag" point of view when really, you can't seem to understand the point of religion.

You're one person out of millions of religious people. There are thousands of different outlooks on religion, and you're CHILDISH and, to me, repulsive view of it, does not define the religious as a whole. For you, it's about bettering yourself (although promoting AIDS for your despicable reasons begs to differ with that), but for the guy down the street, it's about killing anything and everything that doesn't believe the same as him. You're not united as a whole. The bible can be taken a million ways, both in and out of context, and it is. It's not a good thing to spread delusion, because for every person that it gives false hope happiness to, it gives ten others hatred and scorn. And I think you fall into the latter category.

Religion has helped me better myself, both mentally and spiritually.

I'm so envious of how enlightened and cultured you've shown yourself to be in this thread.

It has helped me become more moral, giving me a better sense of what's right and what's wrong.

Like teaching you that if you don't wear condoms you deserve to have aids, and that it's moral to kill people who don't believe the same way as you? I think you should look up morality in the dictionary and see if you fall anywhere near the criteria for being moral.

It's helped me find a community of great people and friends.

OOOOH, what's that like?

I don't follow my religion to explain how the world came to be.

Of course not... You've just been arguing with us saying we're wrong for not believing God created us, and we're going to burn in hell for it.

I, in fact, believe in Evolution, but that doesn't mean I can't stop following my religious beliefs.

The fact that it directly contradicts your religious dogma doesn't bother you then?

You're trying to see everything as either black or white when almost nothing in the world works like that.

You don't know anything about the world. I've been in almost every state, and all across the continent. I've met a vast majority of people all throughout the world, and I've learned so much about other peoples cultures and beliefs at my young age of 20 already, that I can't wait to see how much I know as I get older and older. You're what? 14? And closed-minded to boot? You're gonna get a culture shock real soon buddy, I promise.

Maybe it's because you have no sense of spirituality and you've never experienced religion, and because of that you've become a close-minded atheist.

Ignore my reasons for being an atheist just one more time, please? I love it.

It could be that or it could not be that. Whatever the case is, you're giving it the wrong approach. Watch the episode of South Park, "All About the Mormons?". Despite it being South Park, it presents a great lesson at the end of the episode.

You mean the one where they sing the DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB song as they explain the book of mormon? Yes, as I've said 10,000 times before this, religion works for some people. They live happy, whatever. But when ONE person gets killed by a whacko who takes that shit to heart, it completely overrules it in my eyes. You can live happy as an atheist. Plenty of people do. Religion is a crutch for some, and a weapon for most.

It benifits me greatly, has given me a happy life, and that's all that matters. Have fun with your angry atheist life.

I will thank you. You have fun wasting away every sunday and always asking yourself if you could've been happier doing other things with your life. I know I won't.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 21:49:39

At 9/6/09 08:49 PM, ph0ne wrote: I can safely say that you lose since you got mad and slandered us.

I can safely say that you lose since you got mad and slandered us. I can safely say that you lose since you got mad and slandered us. I can safely say that you lose since you got mad and slandered us. I can safely say that you lose since you got mad and slandered us. I can safely say that you lose since you got mad and slandered us. I can safely say that you lose since you got mad and slandered us. I can safely say that you lose since you got mad and slandered us. I can safely say that you lose since you got mad and slandered us.

I lol'ed.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 22:03:07

At 9/6/09 09:57 PM, ph0ne wrote:
Stuff

Nope. I'm done.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 22:10:03

At 9/6/09 10:06 PM, ph0ne wrote: That means you lose, so I win, cause you're just mad that I'm better than you.

I thought you said you weren't 14?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 22:10:05

At 9/6/09 10:06 PM, ph0ne wrote: That means you lose, so I win, cause you're just mad that I'm better than you.

No, it means I'm not gonna waste my time typing out some big, long response when you aren't gonna be able to respond to it for a while....

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 22:18:17

At 9/6/09 10:10 PM, ph0ne wrote: So you're gonna act all butthurt and get the mods to ban me. Great idea.

I win, you lose. Admit that you're mad.

Yes, I'm mad. I'm mad that civilization, in all it's technical and mental advances throughout the years, still produces people like you. God bless America.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 22:18:41

At 9/6/09 10:15 PM, ph0ne wrote: One more thing:

Arrogance is not a very becoming quality, my friend :).

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 22:59:03

Question: Why don't you guys just pretend to believe in something so like if there is some sort of 'afterlife' you'll be welcomed?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-06 23:00:30

At 9/6/09 10:59 PM, aSquared94 wrote: Question: Why don't you guys just pretend to believe in something so like if there is some sort of 'afterlife' you'll be welcomed?

Better to live your life the way you want without being blackmailed then to die in shame. I follow my conscience and do what I know is right, and if "God" doesn't respect that, then fuck him, I'd rather be in hell than bow to something like that.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 00:42:17

There is this fantastic comedian called Jim Jeffries and he does this bit on God, Hell, etc. Sadly its no longer on YouTube but I pretty much no it off by heart anyway.

He's Australian, drunk and vulgar... its recommend that you adopt the accent :D.

Jim: "... you've lied and cheated your whole life! The devil isn't gonna punish ya, you're one of his boys, he's gonna fucking dig you! The Bible is God's book, as far as I know the Devil hasn't released a book. And he's being the bigger man cause God's just writing shit about him and the Devil's going 'I'm not even gonna fucking comment son'."

Obviously it lacks the funny like that, but its a funny idea to contemplate nonetheless :).

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 01:45:39

At 9/6/09 07:43 PM, michelinman wrote:
It could exist outside the realms of time and space, or perhaps not at all.
My vote is for the latter. :)

And you have no proof to support this.

Me - How come god hasn't given us any blatant signs of his existence?
He does not intervene.
John 20:24 - 20:30

I'm not going to look that up, but I will assume that it says something about God showing Himself to someone, and in that case, there is a possibility that He has intervened.

Me - Why is it that although god spoke freely to people thousands of years ago, that he complete ignores us today?
Perhaps the Bible is false, and all the people claiming to hear him are crazies.
Perhaps. Studies show that the religious tend to have lower IQ's then atheists, so this may very well be the case.

I'm sure.

Me - The only thing driving modern man into these religions is fear of punishment for not doing so, and we refuse to be blackmailed into believing in things that aren't as likely the answer as some other theories.
Logic drove me to Religion.
Oh please do explain!

I find it interesting how Atheists always want Religious folk to keep their Religion to themselves, but once we say something like that, they are always more than happy to climb off their high horse. Anyway, what created our Universe?

Me - The atheist goal isn't to disprove god though, it's to find out the truth.
The Religious folks goal is to show you the truth.
No, the religious goal is to get into heaven, as expressed by the suicide bombers who would rather blow up a deli full of souls that could be converted and saved for personal gain instead of trying to do the right thing.

Heaven may or may not really exist.

Me - If god blatantly exposed himself, every person in this thread would renounce their ways and believe that he is what created the universe.
I disagree, most Atheists have already made up their mind that God is false and illogical and that there is absolutely no chance that He exists.
You REALLY think if a huge zeus-like figure dropped out of the sky and said I am your lord God, obey me, that we would all put our hands over our eyes and scream NUH UH NUH UH? My friend, you really need to stop being so biased against nonbelievers. I understand that the only way you can explain for our existence via your religion is that we are all either sinners or completely ignorant, but for real dude. We've got sense.

Not all of you, but I'm sure most of you would blame video trickery, smoke effects, mirrors, hallucinogenic substances, etc., etc. All of you are ignorant. I have sense, you do not.

Me - It isn't that we're terrible people who refuse to accept the truth, we're just accepting what we know as the most likely answer to our questions
Explain to me exactly why you feel God is unlikely.
I've never seen him, and he's never shown any existence of himself to me. It says in the bible that God is always with us, and it also says that anything we ask in prayer shall be ours. So since god is already right here, and anything I ask shall be received, why when I pray for God to show himself does he ignore me? I'm not going to post the scriptures because I don't want to look them up, but if you say I'm lying, I'll be more than happy to show you.

I have never seen Bulgaria, Bulgaria have never shown me that it exists, following your logic, odds are Bulgaria isn't real. The Bible is most likely a crock of shit. Studies have shown that prayer doesn't work, also why would He bother to answer an Atheist?

Me - simply because, based off of modern science, odds are we're right.
Tell me about these odds.
Would it really matter if I did? We both know that men know a good bit about this universe, and nowhere in it have we seen evidence that could be put on CNN and everyone in the world would instantly without doubt know God was real. You know exactly what odds I'm talking about. I hope...

There are no odds against God.

At 9/5/09 05:37 PM, HighJack wrote: Nev - The Bible doesn't explain. It makes things up.
Prove it.
The picture is for this post.

I don't remember the picture, but I do know that it does not disprove the Bible.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 01:47:26

At 9/6/09 11:00 PM, michelinman wrote: Better to live your life the way you want without being blackmailed then to die in shame. I follow my conscience and do what I know is right, and if "God" doesn't respect that, then fuck him, I'd rather be in hell than bow to something like that.

I really doubt that when the time comes, you'd say that to God.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 04:06:02

At 9/7/09 01:47 AM, HighJack wrote:

I regularly tell some of the religious fuckheads I know to give my best to the benevolent fuck upstairs, so he can strike me down, since he's all powerful and all. Yep, three years and counting. By the way, I'll spell this out for you now, I'm just having fun with this. I won't waste my time trying to have an educated argument with you, as that would be like giving medicine to a dead man.

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 12:23:59

At 9/7/09 01:47 AM, HighJack wrote:
At 9/6/09 11:00 PM, michelinman wrote: Better to live your life the way you want without being blackmailed then to die in shame. I follow my conscience and do what I know is right, and if "God" doesn't respect that, then fuck him, I'd rather be in hell than bow to something like that.

I promise you I would. I REFUSE to live in shame. I have honor. That's something you don't know the meaning of apparently. Would you suck dick for salvation? That's what it comes down to for me. And as for your long post above, the only one that raised a question was your bulgaria argument. My response is that thousands of people have written eyewitness accounts of seeing bulgaria. The only documented writings of Jesus were made 50 years after his death. You'd think that would have made a bigger mark in history.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 14:48:53

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 14:58:04

Hey guys, can I join? I don't believe in God.

This looks froody.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 15:19:38

At 9/7/09 02:48 PM, Patton3 wrote: You all would enjoy this.
http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Ha nd+of+the+Almighty&hl=en&client=firefox-
a&emb=0&aq=f#

One day about a year ago I looked up fuck on limewire just for the hell of it, and I saw "The Hand of The Almighty (Will Fuck You Up.)" Needless to say, I was intrigued. It has since become one of my favorite songs, and my bobblehead Jesus on my dashboard rocks the fuck out to it. Very nice link Patton. Haha.

And XIII13, there isn't really "members" here anymore, if there ever was. We've just kinda been bullshitting about atheism and arguing with people who come in here trying to attack our beliefs. Feel free to jump in on the conversation.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 16:24:33

At 9/7/09 12:23 PM, michelinman wrote: I promise you I would. I REFUSE to live in shame. I have honor. That's something you don't know the meaning of apparently. Would you suck dick for salvation?

Are you really telling me that you wouldn't sacrifice your honor to get into a magical place where you will always have everything you want, and that you would rather keep your honor and suffer for the rest of eternity? If you are really that stupid, I can guarantee that you would be begging God the moment you felt the pain of the flames.

That's what it comes down to for me. And as for your long post above, the only one that raised a question was your bulgaria argument. My response is that thousands of people have written eyewitness accounts of seeing bulgaria. The only documented writings of Jesus were made 50 years after his death. You'd think that would have made a bigger mark in history.

Thousands of people also claim to have seen/heard/felt God, why is that any different?

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 16:30:10

At 9/7/09 04:06 AM, Patton3 wrote: I regularly tell some of the religious fuckheads I know to give my best to the benevolent fuck upstairs, so he can strike me down, since he's all powerful and all. Yep, three years and counting.

You are quite ignorant, sir.

By the way, I'll spell this out for you now, I'm just having fun with this.

I'm glad to hear that it is fun for you to practice stupidity.

I won't waste my time trying to have an educated argument with you, as that would be like giving medicine to a dead man.

Well, it's nice to see that you don't lie, as you are making very uneducated arguments.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 16:34:06

At 9/7/09 02:58 PM, XIII13 wrote: I don't believe in God.

Why? Give me one good reason to join Atheism.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 16:34:54

At 9/7/09 04:24 PM, HighJack wrote: Are you really telling me that you wouldn't sacrifice your honor to get into a magical place where you will always have everything you want, and that you would rather keep your honor and suffer for the rest of eternity?

I bet that's how it feels when you're high on crack, but you don't see me down on my knees sucking dick for a rock. How could you live with yourself knowing full well you threw away all sense of dignity for personal gain? And do you really think that if there is a God, he created us so that he could punish those who wouldn't degrade themselves for him? I've heard some pretty piss poor arguments for religion before, but that one takes the cake.

If you are really that stupid, I can guarantee that you would be begging God the moment you felt the pain of the flames.

Better to die in dignity then live in shame.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 16:37:34

At 9/7/09 12:42 AM, Nev wrote: There is this fantastic comedian called Jim Jeffries

I watched something he did, he was an unfunny bitch, he spent half the time talking about an egg he stuffed up his ass.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 17:02:18

At 9/7/09 04:34 PM, michelinman wrote:
At 9/7/09 04:24 PM, HighJack wrote: Are you really telling me that you wouldn't sacrifice your honor to get into a magical place where you will always have everything you want, and that you would rather keep your honor and suffer for the rest of eternity?
I bet that's how it feels when you're high on crack, but you don't see me down on my knees sucking dick for a rock. How could you live with yourself knowing full well you threw away all sense of dignity for personal gain?

What good is dignity if you can't use it?

And do you really think that if there is a God, he created us so that he could punish those who wouldn't degrade themselves for him? I've heard some pretty piss poor arguments for religion before, but that one takes the cake.

It's not an argument, so much as a scenario, what if you're wrong, and Hell exists, and God is mean, and He burns you for eternity.

If you are really that stupid, I can guarantee that you would be begging God the moment you felt the pain of the flames.
Better to die in dignity then live in shame.

That's just the thing, you won't die, you'll burn forever.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-07 17:34:11

At 9/7/09 04:34 PM, HighJack wrote:
At 9/7/09 02:58 PM, XIII13 wrote: I don't believe in God.
Why? Give me one good reason to join Atheism.

You have to come up with your own reasons. Personally, it's because I've never had anything that screams"GOD EXISTS" to me, and I figure if god loves me so much, he'd prove it by telling me.

This looks froody.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-09-08 11:23:46

At 9/7/09 04:34 PM, HighJack wrote: Why? Give me one good reason to join Atheism.

If you believe in God there is no reason.
I don't believe in God for the simple reason that I don't. I don't feel his presence, and I don't feel that he exists. Nothing in my mind thinks 'Yes, maybe God is real'.
Therefore I don't believe.

Atheists aren't the ones who go around to peoples houses recruiting. We're not that desperate :).

At 9/7/09 04:37 PM, HighJack wrote: I watched something he did, he was an unfunny bitch, he spent half the time talking about an egg he stuffed up his ass.

Yeah, thats a good video too :).

BBS Signature