00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Limaou just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

229,367 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-07-24 21:46:38

I'm Christian and I'd like to say that any "Christian" that comes into a forum threatening you guys with eternal damnation is no good one in my book. If he wanted to show people the truth (in a Christian perspective) scaring you into it is just a waste of time and energy. Good luck with your crew and more power to ya. Like someone said towards the earlier posts, as long as you don't spam religious threads with "ReLiGiOn SuX!!1" I'm cool with it :P

"Are you guys police officers?"

"No, ma'am, we're musicians."

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-07-24 22:05:54

I have recently updated my belief structure, and I'm quite curious if this still classifies me as an athiest. If not, the what the fuck does it make me?

I believe that the universe is huge. We are four dimensional beings existing in a multidimensional world. We like on an unbelievably small fraction of what constitutes reality. Our view of the universe and its mysteries, is so tragically narrow. Beings like us will never be able to form a decent hypothesis, because we can't even begin to comprehend the true facts that make up our existance. God, Death, life, the meaning of it all, is not human territory.

Its the internet. Quit bitching and get over yourself.

People I heart: Dropkicked, Mendou, Animetal, Jew193, Fremen

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-07-24 22:42:23

At 6/10/08 06:32 AM, SadisticMonkey wrote: Oh, and HOLY SHIT, I just found this.

Does this not look like the very epitome of epic ^_^

Well that has to be one of the few few movies that I'm looking forward to. Thank the mouse I used to click my way to this page c:

Yeah I'll leave now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-07-25 01:02:49

At 7/24/08 10:05 PM, CynicalScythe wrote: I have recently updated my belief structure, and I'm quite curious if this still classifies me as an athiest. If not, the what the fuck does it make me?

I believe that the universe is huge. We are four dimensional beings existing in a multidimensional world. We like on an unbelievably small fraction of what constitutes reality. Our view of the universe and its mysteries, is so tragically narrow. Beings like us will never be able to form a decent hypothesis, because we can't even begin to comprehend the true facts that make up our existance. God, Death, life, the meaning of it all, is not human territory.

To go under a broad umbrella term: Agnosticism,you know with the whole we're not able to comprehend shit. I'm sure there's a name for it though.

I've been Fab since the re-design,have you?

JUST BECAUSE I LISTEN TO COREY HART :'[

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-07-30 10:58:30

At 7/25/08 01:02 AM, cornbin wrote: To go under a broad umbrella term: Agnosticism,you know with the whole we're not able to comprehend shit. I'm sure there's a name for it though.

Ignosticism, maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignosticism

I might be an ignostic.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-06 10:31:45

Can I join?
I'm atheist!!

My sig sucks

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-11 13:31:24

At 6/10/08 03:34 AM, Earfetish wrote: Hail Satan.

I kno rite

The Atheist Army

Dead.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-11 17:10:38

Can I join this fine army?

My sig sucks

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-13 12:42:38

At 8/11/08 05:10 PM, Gabriel234 wrote: Can I join this fine army?

n.b. the phrase "fine army" is composed of the words "fin ear my"

Dead.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-13 22:06:08

I remember this place, had a few good flames wars here. Hope that doesn't happen again. Anyway, Can I join?

You can't spell FÜHRER without Ü

"You know you fail in life when you fail to end your failure"

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-14 03:26:29

haha! I thought this was an athiest club. Guess I was wrong!
Oh well. Nothing is actually true on the internet. oh well. I would have joined to.

BABIES BABIES BABIES!!!!

Jesse James

My email thing, yeah, that one.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-14 07:42:12

At 8/13/08 10:06 PM, NeonFlame126 wrote: I remember this place, had a few good flames wars here. Hope that doesn't happen again. Anyway, Can I join?

This place is so dead lately I'd welcome those flame wars

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-14 14:25:33

Well, Atheism doesn't exactly have too many facets of belief, so it's not surprising it's empty in here. I just found a great Atheist video of George Carlin [R.I.P.] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSSwKffj 9o.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-17 13:16:01

You guys are right, this sucks, like 1 post per day average here lately :'(

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-18 05:45:43

Earfetish I just read your sig, and how is nihilism retarded? Also, I'll join the club.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-19 10:08:37

At 8/18/08 05:45 AM, Inferno923 wrote: Earfetish I just read your sig, and how is nihilism retarded? Also, I'll join the club.

Because humanity is awesome and morality is one of the most awesome things we've invented. Some things are important.

loads of things are retarded but nihilism is the most popular internet retarded things

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-19 10:09:38

At 8/14/08 03:26 AM, jmaster13 wrote:
Oh well. Nothing is actually true on the internet. oh well. I would have joined to.

Yeah it's actually a Satanist club and atheists are not allowed to say meaningless phrases if they piss religious people off

fuck God

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-23 23:10:52

You'll never guess who's back!

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-24 05:22:51

well, i have a few contradictions for what this club seems to hold dear, but i feel they should be welcome as true atheism is about logic.

first of all. i believe loosely in a god, but not the god of lore with omnipotence and such. I believe in a powerless god that has lied dormant for years never to awaken again, i call it god only for lack of a better word as i believe it is the creator of all things(IE eons ago before the firs big bang, because matter is neither created or destroyed, thus something must have existed to create these things and laws so strong they could nlot be broken.)
but thats just me

also, i feel that religeon is neither stupid or useless.
first of all religeon is a usefull tool for peace or violence. It can bring communities together and similarly destroy their unity in one fell swoop, with the same amount of effort. the people who follow it are often stupid, and it also makes them stupid and sheep, but if taken with a grain of salt it cal lead to great feats of intellect, great trealization, inspiration and the like. If it werent for my jewish upbrining, i would not be charitable and i would be a very fearful person indeed. But with the knowledge that when i die i go to heaven, and that people deserve to be helped because they are all gods children i came to my own conclusions. People are gods children became people are people and heaven became nothingness, and for some odd reason this comforts me and makes me charitable and thus I have religeon to thank for my well being and the well being of those around me. Of course, for all inttents and purposes, I am atheist, or at least agnostic. also, i like the idea of having a club for this funny and just a good idea in general.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-24 14:02:35

At 8/24/08 05:22 AM, JoShUaa wrote: (IE eons ago before the firs big bang, because matter is neither created or destroyed, thus something must have existed to create these things and laws so strong they could nlot be broken.)
but thats just me

We dont know the cause of the big bang so therefore god must've done it.

Hey, have we found out what makes grass grow?

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-24 15:25:01

seeds and sunlight, plants pull nutrients from the soil to create a root system and then once the plant pokes above the surface, the difference in homeostasis causes nely replicated cells to have a dunction that the roots did not: abundant chlorophyll. the chlorophyll takes energy from sunlight and uses it for photosynthesis to make sugar, plants main food, and then the grass shoots up rather quickly in the space of only a day or two, and the grass always grows in the direction of the sun as stimulus responce will cause cells to divide in that direction as more energy will come from that, it has been this way for eons because it evolved to be the most practical way natural selection blah blah
next time you try to ridicule someone use a queastion that isnt answerable by a seventh grader
and i also stated that it was only my opinion

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-24 20:37:04

At 8/24/08 03:25 PM, JoShUaa wrote: next time you try to ridicule someone use a queastion that isnt answerable by a seventh grader
and i also stated that it was only my opinion

You missed my point, and wasted time either typing or copying that text from probably wiki.

My point is you're filling the gaps of the unknown with God. And grass is a fine example because people were making the same assumption when they didn't know what caused it to grow.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-25 01:05:57

At 8/19/08 10:09 AM, Earfetish wrote:
At 8/14/08 03:26 AM, jmaster13 wrote:
Yeah it's actually a Satanist club and atheists are not allowed to say meaningless phrases if they piss religious people off

fuck God

Oh my. Did you enjoy my sarcasim? I think you did.
Well, I don't think you can fuck something that dons't exsist, do you?

But thats just me, you know. Thinking all intelligently and such. Refreshing isn't it?
You don't see much of the old brains being usued any more.
But thats life.

BABIES BABIES BABIES!!!!

Jesse James

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-26 03:37:21

At 8/24/08 08:37 PM, Brick-top wrote:
You missed my point, and wasted time either typing or copying that text from probably wiki.

My point is you're filling the gaps of the unknown with God. And grass is a fine example because people were making the same assumption when they didn't know what caused it to grow.

youre indeed right about me a gap with god, but remember i called it a force and made at least some attempt at saying "not god but" I do not believe in some kind of allmighty force or omnipotence or concious "clockmaker" (according to deists, forgive my spelling) just something that was able to create somethingness. My personal belief that in some strange paradox, the lack of reality sprung reality in some sort of method coma]parable to an improbablilyity drive(odd, but its what makes sence) but it is this nothingness I call "god" both for the fat that, in my theory, it is the creator. I also say this for the slight joke of when you die you return to god. If that is said in relation to my theory it is sort of a slap in the face to faith, which i find hilarious. but yes, I call it god regardless. and as for that example, im not going back on my word saying that it was pitiful. By the way I typed it all myself for the record, I took biology. twice actually, lol.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-26 20:04:26

For some time now I've been meaning to ask a real atheist, why they'd give up their religious belief. Please, I'd like a response from someone who actually knows what he's doing, and not from 13 year olds who are just disgruntled because Mommy and Daddy make them go to church on Monday. Note that I'm not trying to imply anything insulting, nor am asking in a joking manner. I'd just like to know what drove you into atheism.

And please, religion does not equal Christianity.

Before you even bitch about my sign-up date, think again. I've been here since '04, fuck off and eat shit. Now, LET'S DO RAINBOWS!!!

Ishbel <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-26 20:22:21

Wow, the first post of the page was deleted. Anybody know what happened? Mod getting tipped off? Wonder why, it wasn't offensive at all.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-26 20:35:26

I was raised athiest, actually.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-27 09:18:19

At 8/26/08 08:04 PM, Florox wrote: For some time now I've been meaning to ask a real atheist, why they'd give up their religious belief.
And please, religion does not equal Christianity.

Because there's no reason to choose one unlikely mythology over another. Every agnostic and deist and irreligious person out there has realised religion is incorrect.

It's putting logic over tradition.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-27 10:43:14

hello atheists, nice to see ya.

Anyway, may I join this club aswell, as I like atheism and madness. In my mind they go hand and hand, but I have a very strange mind. Now, as I said, could I join this atheist club, as I am a atheist, and I have no inclination at all to belive in god/s or goddess/'s. My whole family is atheist, and the christian creation story makes no sense, and the big bang theory can be very easily proved.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-08-27 12:50:47

At 8/27/08 10:43 AM, pyromaniac616 wrote:

:My whole family is atheist, and the christian creation story makes no sense, and the big bang theory can be very easily proved.

Well then! Prove it to me. You can right?

BABIES BABIES BABIES!!!!

Jesse James

BBS Signature