00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

reel2 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New rule! No more posting "/thread"

34,570 Views | 233 Replies

DO NOT post "/thread" anymore. It's not funny, you're not being witty, it can be construed as an attempt to derail the thread you are posting it in and also deemed as a backseat moddy type post.

This thread is the heads up and your only preemptive warning, after this I will begin handing out 1 day bans to all users I see posting that way and will double the ban each time they repeat the behavior, 2 days for the second time, 4 days for the third, 8 days for the fourth etc.

Have a nice day!

Smart asses posting "/thread" in this thread will be banned in an excessive fashion, lol.

New rule! No more posting

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 08:44:37

Oh Poozy, just because you're sleeping with Wade doesn't mean you can make new rules.

Yet.

;){____/| Anime Reviews /|\ Actually an '06er /|\ New Short Story! More to come. |\ ____}(;

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 08:44:50

Will mods be banned if they post "/thread" when locking a topic?

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 08:45:13

At 6/3/09 08:41 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote:
Smart asses posting "/thread" in this thread will be banned in an excessive fashion, lol.

Kill joy.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Youtube, Twitch: Mostly games

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 08:46:21

Do you ban for /thread anywhere in the post or just if it's almost the only part of the body (like quoting someone with /thread)

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 08:46:48

Thank god.
I hate smartasses who say that, like they've somehow ended the thread with their amazing linguistic skills.

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 08:47:19

It was stupid as hell anyways. Good on you for banning it.

/post

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 08:48:18

Damn you mods and you're music.

*mumble mumble*

Always ruining our fun.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 08:48:28

At 6/3/09 08:41 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote:
I will begin handing out 1 day bans to all users I see posting that way and will double the ban each time they repeat the behavior, 2 days for the second time, 4 days for the third, 8 days for the fourth etc.

You da man Poozy.

Speaking of shitty 1 word posts. Is "lol/lmao/rofl" bannable. Because if not they certainly should be.

/Fun

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 08:51:51

Fair enough.

Though I never used it anyway.

Baby Britain.

Xbox Live Gamertag: JackFrustration - PSN: JackSawyer

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 08:56:07

Thank fuck for that. I remember making a thread about this a couple of years ago asking people to wisen up about it. It went bad and ended with a mod posting /thread in the lock message.

New users see regulars and veterans do it and they copy that. Those new users become regulars and pass it on to the new users of then. There's nothing clever about it, it's a lame joke to do with HTML tags.

Glad to see a rule like this in place nowadays, hopefully it'll deter people from doing it.

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 08:58:56

At 6/3/09 08:46 AM, Mind-Edge wrote: Do you ban for /thread anywhere in the post or just if it's almost the only part of the body (like quoting someone with /thread)

Just like anything else it depends on the context it is used in but generally speaking I am referring to the users that think they are funny by posting a sarcastic one liner and then appending "/thread" or more so the users that just post "/thread".

I suggest that you guys just refrain from it all together because the regular user doesn't have the power nor the authority to end a thread and it just comes across as backseat modding most of the time.

At 6/3/09 08:44 AM, jewdudewtf wrote: Will mods be banned if they post "/thread" when locking a topic?

Of course not because we actually can end a thread, lol.

At 6/3/09 08:48 AM, Gagsy wrote: You da man Poozy.

Speaking of shitty 1 word posts. Is "lol/lmao/rofl" bannable. Because if not they certainly should be.

On word posts such as those have always been and forever will be bannable as they add nothing to any conversation and are plus one posts.

--------

Why don't you guys help us and link this thread in your sigs? That your fellow users that aren't on at the moment can get the heads up. We're not looking to ban anybody, we just want to keep this place fun and looking good.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:04:10

Oh and also guys, when you see a user posting "/thread", don't flame them in the thread because of this thread. Just ignore the post and let us handle it. You flaming the user will only serve to exacerbate the situation and further derail the thread and may end up getting you banned as well.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:05:01

I just put this thread in my sig

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:06:51

Please get rid of lol next. I don't like the term, because more often than not the people aren't actually laughing out loud. I find it offensive.

;){____/| Anime Reviews /|\ Actually an '06er /|\ New Short Story! More to come. |\ ____}(;

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:10:49

Oh another question.

Most of the time people say it when replying to what someone else has put as a one wors post. But other times when I see people posting "/thread" it's usually after they themselves have written up an explanation to some thread and then complete their post with the offending word.

Will you still be banning them too, even though they have actually responded to the thread well, just ruined it at the end?

PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!

/questions

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:16:01

At 6/3/09 09:10 AM, Gagsy wrote: Oh another question.

Most of the time people say it when replying to what someone else has put as a one wors post. But other times when I see people posting "/thread" it's usually after they themselves have written up an explanation to some thread and then complete their post with the offending word.

Will you still be banning them too, even though they have actually responded to the thread well, just ruined it at the end?

PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!

/questions

I already addressed that question. But to further clarify I append that it is NEVER a good idea to post "/thread". Regular users don't have the power nor the authority to end threads and nine times out of ten someone is going to post after you. In short, it's stupid and annoying. Also, presumptuous and a backseat moddy type post.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:23:25

At 6/3/09 08:41 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: DO NOT post "/thread" anymore. It's not funny, you're not being witty, it can be construed as an attempt to derail the thread you are posting it in and also deemed as a backseat moddy type post.

you pretty much said it there
\thread

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:25:23

i dont understand what "/thread" even means
explanation please?

:3 ;D IM NOW SIXTEEN!!! ;D (You boys are lucky)

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:28:34

Lol I actually only see /thread at the end of awesome posts normally, Thats why I have never used it :(.

/Fred

This post was valuable.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:29:00

Thankyou so much.

I was getting mega sick of seeing that shit.

Good riddance I say!

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:31:47

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/9759 87

That's a new rule man; thanks for giving us heads up!

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:31:56

For the confused and/or defiant, this is actually old news.

thanks Sawdust

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:45:13

Please add this to the official rule list as to allow everyone to see it, there is no way someone is going to see this message 3 weeks from now, and judging by how terrible your ban messages have been in the past you are very unlikely to provide a link to this thread either.

This again is the inherit problem with the BBS mods, the make rules throughout the board there is no central gathering of them, how are people supposed to know this?

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:54:18

At 6/3/09 09:51 AM, cast wrote:
At 6/3/09 09:45 AM, CanadianSnowman wrote:
This again is the inherit problem with the BBS mods, the make rules throughout the board there is no central gathering of them, how are people supposed to know this?
If you can't make a positive contribution to a topic, don't post.

It's kind of already there if you think about it.

Irrelevant, he stated this is a new rule, and it's a specific phrase, there should be more broadcasting of this.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:55:48

I don't really go on the Internet, so what the heck is /thread?

Steam ID: Major Sergeant Johnsonmanberg

It's been a while, hasn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 09:57:45

At 6/3/09 09:55 AM, Robotchk12 wrote: I don't really go on the Internet, so what the heck is /thread?

It's supposed to mean your post should be taken as the last one of the thread because you think you hit the nail on the head...

Example :

EyeLovePoozy : I'm going to make a new rule.

Me : You can't make new rules because you can't even follow the current ones yourself. /thread

I am trying to imply nobody else should post because I'm absolutely right so we should just let the thread die now.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 10:00:00

At 6/3/09 08:41 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: DO NOT post "/thread" anymore.

Can do, sir.

Bread makes you FAT!?

BBS Signature

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 10:02:19

At 6/3/09 10:00 AM, cast wrote:
At 6/3/09 09:55 AM, Robotchk12 wrote: I don't really go on the Internet, so what the heck is /thread?
Sometimes users will type "/thread" when they feel there is no further discussion to be had within said topic, only posting this line which is considered a one liner post and can also be viewed as a form of back seat modding.

I still don't see how it could be considered one line posting or backseat modding...

If I write out an entire paragraph and put /thread on the end that's not a one line post.

/thread never implied the thread should be locked either, just ignored, that isn't backseat modding that's more community suggestion.

Response to New rule! No more posting "/thread" 2009-06-03 10:07:00

/thread is now and was bannable. I am a Happy camper. Thanks for making this day better. I think
that is a very promising rule. Hopefully that will make people refrain from droping One Liners. Once
him or her stat there "One Liner" they always seem to show up later in the Thread and repeat the
retarded offense once again. This has been a good week in all, It seems that alot of Mods are trying
ecstatically to make the BBS Fun, less annoying place to come to. They are trying to clean up the BBS
and clarify all the rules even the once that are not directly stated in the Rules. Therefore taking away
dumbass excuses for using the Over used terms you see on the bbs. so in a word...

Thanks

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution

Governor of the ZSC

PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature