00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Mickillus just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

231,276 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-05 17:19:45

At 11/5/09 04:53 PM, ph0ne wrote: [Weak and Unreasonable claim, who are you to say I have none? I have many, many arguementive grounds left, which I don't want to discuss with your perpetual ignorence.]

So I'm going to follow the trend
Troll on Atheist Club, is troll.

Anyway.

At 11/5/09 04:59 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: energy could have, essentially, arose out of nothing, as in absolute non-existence.

I did! Can you link to this theory?

Non-existence sounds so impossible; i'm damn well interested in learning about it. We should compare and contrast the arguements. You know the format; Person A suggests, Person B suggests, contradictions.etc. It would be fun if we can ever reach a definitive, scientifical conclusion.

Your friendly neighbourhood devils advocate.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-05 17:37:25

At 11/5/09 05:19 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 11/5/09 04:59 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: energy could have, essentially, arose out of nothing, as in absolute non-existence.
I did! Can you link to this theory?

Here you are.

I think it's a bit old, but it essentially states that there were quantum fluctuations before the universe came into existence. It mentions the ambiguity of "nothing," which is what I meant when I said "non-existence."

Non-existence sounds so impossible; i'm damn well interested in learning about it. We should compare and contrast the arguements. You know the format; Person A suggests, Person B suggests, contradictions.etc. It would be fun if we can ever reach a definitive, scientifical conclusion.

It would be fun, but at the moment, I'm no physicist and could very well end up not knowing in the slightest what I'm talking about :S.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-05 17:50:23

At 11/5/09 05:37 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: It would be fun, but at the moment, I'm no physicist and could very well end up not knowing in the slightest what I'm talking about :S.

Neither do I, because it has not been explained to me, but I made a new post, on the Case of God arguement in the polotics forum, which states the exact same thing but in a more constructive way, and it is so much easier to understand if you ignore the first post timeline bit and only note the second, and again I'm looking for critisism, only because I really do want to expand my learning on the subject.

Physics is fascinating to me! So I think I am learning, and I found once I did enough reading, and asked around. Things definatly have become more clear to me, and I kind of understand a minority of the calculations.

I'm going to email a Cosmologist, a proffessor (for the lulz) and see how that goes.

Well you know what they say, I think therefore I am.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-07 00:09:49

Has any one here read Jesus Interrupted by Bart Ehrman? I'm half way through it and its a fascinating read so far. He does a great job of going there a few of the inaccuracies in the New Testament and explaining there significance in good detail.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-07 00:55:56

At 11/6/09 11:59 PM, ph0ne wrote: As I said earlier, I already won.
You have no argumentative grounds left.

WHAT did you defeat us in, exactly?

At 11/7/09 12:09 AM, vgfa287 wrote: Has any one here read Jesus Interrupted by Bart Ehrman? I'm half way through it and its a fascinating read so far. He does a great job of going there a few of the inaccuracies in the New Testament and explaining there significance in good detail.

I'm a fan of Bart Ehrman, and while I haven't read that particular book, I'm currently reading Why We Suffer by him. Have you read anything by Bishop John Shelby Spong? He's in the same league as Ehrman regarding Christianity and Christ. Also, I recommend Saving Jesus from the Church by Robin R. Meyers.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-07 16:02:06

Well... there is something Christians would know, it's impossible to exist an omnipotent God... Omnipotence is just impossible, could him generate a rock so heavy that even him could not raise it, or could him make a so loudy noise that even him could not come deaf... this questions cancel his existence... Christians are so blind and dumb...

Could him kill himself? No... WHY? Because he don't exist...

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-07 16:09:44

At 11/7/09 04:02 PM, TheUnwisePoet wrote:

Woah woah, calm down there, Poet. One step at a time now.

it's impossible to exist an omnipotent God... Omnipotence is just impossible, could him generate a rock so heavy that even him could not raise it, or could him make a so loudy noise that even him could not come deaf... this questions cancel his existence...

This question has been refuted many times on the grounds that it's simply one of nonsense.

Christians are so blind and dumb...

Calm down there, Poet.

Could him kill himself? No... WHY? Because he don't exist...

This is officially getting silly.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-07 16:19:35

At 11/5/09 03:25 PM, ph0ne wrote: The law which states that living matter cannot come from nonliving matter has not been disproven. Accepting Evolution as a Law, or even a Theory would be the equivalent of abandoning the scientific process.

Abiogenesis != Evolution.

Evolution has been proven to happen, on micro and macro level. Right, the scientists can't yet prove how life started. There are theories and hypothesis, but they are not, note not a part of the theory of evolution.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-07 16:39:13

Oh Shit Guys, We are all fucked now!?

Oh yeh, here's a funny. What's the difference between a brick and God?

Wait to find out!

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-07 16:45:07

At 11/7/09 04:43 PM, ph0ne wrote:
You have no argumentative grounds left.

You never had an arguementative ground to begin with! You've said nothing so far that actually disproves anything!

Loossseeeeerrrr

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-07 16:48:59

Let's make one thing clear. If you believe in God you support Creationism, but to support Creationism does not mean you believe in God.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-07 17:25:33

At 11/7/09 04:48 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote: Let's make one thing clear. If you believe in God you support Creationism, but to support Creationism does not mean you believe in God.

actually you got it backwards man. believing that there is a God does not make you a creationist, there are plenty of folks out there that do believe in God but do not support creationism. however being a creationist does make you a believer in God, in this case "God" being the supernatural being that did the creating.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-07 17:32:00

At 11/7/09 04:43 PM, ph0ne wrote:
Everything.

Correlation and causality; just because some who win an argument are arrogant and smug about it, doesn't mean that acting arrognat and smug means you won the arguement.

I don't take revenue from my profile.

TV Tropes Wiki

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-07 17:40:49

My sides hurt. A lot.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 00:54:01

At 11/7/09 05:40 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: My sides hurt. A lot.

Mine too. Can't we just call a mod about phone?

Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 08:12:11

At 11/7/09 04:09 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote:
At 11/7/09 04:02 PM, TheUnwisePoet wrote:
Woah woah, calm down there, Poet. One step at a time now.

it's impossible to exist an omnipotent God... Omnipotence is just impossible, could him generate a rock so heavy that even him could not raise it, or could him make a so loudy noise that even him could not come deaf... this questions cancel his existence...
This question has been refuted many times on the grounds that it's simply one of nonsense.

Probably if the question makes nonsense probably that mean omnipotence has nonsense too... Explain me, how is omnipotence possible, you always got to fail in something, God by his omnipotence can create a rock so heavy that he could not raise, but by his omnipotence too he could raise it anyway... how?... Omnipotence is failed idea, and if God exist he don't have omnipotence and then he is not that important but, he don't exist because he makes nonsense anyway... hard to explain... but I can't accept his existence without rational facts... I am God of myself... and everyone his God of themselves, and the "guy" that religious people pray to is just an imaginary friend... I can't understand why people still wasting their time... Jesus Christ was a true son of the bitch... yes her mother was a hooker... it's the only explanation.

Liberals defend the exploitation of man by man, Conservatives defend the reverse.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 09:27:21

Awesome, it's Sunday. another day where I get the privilege of being told what to worship and where. I feel so disconnected from my family because everyone else is religious except me, now I suppose I could just "come out of the closet" and tell my folks I'm atheist, but then I'd pretty much be kicked out to live on my own. Ah well, guess I just have to grin and bear it.

Praise the all powerful sky wizard!

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 09:48:09

At 11/7/09 05:25 PM, vgfa287 wrote: in this case "God" being the supernatural being that did the creating.

Which is Creationism, isn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 09:51:59

At 11/8/09 12:54 AM, OddlyPoetic wrote:
At 11/7/09 05:40 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: My sides hurt. A lot.
Mine too. Can't we just call a mod about phone?

I'm not sure. I mean, nobody will care if I start cranking up the abuse engine?

Can't he just go and be a dipshit in another club?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 11:27:10

At 11/8/09 09:48 AM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 11/7/09 05:25 PM, vgfa287 wrote: in this case "God" being the supernatural being that did the creating.
Which is Creationism, isn't it?

I think you are quoting me out of context. my point was simply that believing in God does not make you a creationist. also to clarify in the United States a creationist is someone who believes the biblical book of Genesis to a literal truth. since not all those who do believe in a God do not nessecarily believe in the biblical God they cannot be creationists by the definition I provided. even those who do follow the biblical God cannot all be called creationists because not all of them take the book of Genesis to be a literal truth.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 13:49:04

Hopefully everyone here will get a chance to read this, seeing as how I'm the only "Theist" here:

I am not religious. I don't go to Church, I don't "pray" in the traditional sense, I don't believe in the traditional "sky daddy" and/or "imaginary friend," I don't think Atheists are going to Hell, I don't believe in "Hell," I don't believe in "Heaven," I don't have "blind" faith, and I don't hate science.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 15:48:40

At 11/8/09 03:27 PM, ph0ne wrote: To everyone in this thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9IdL37PJ 2k&feature=related

Dear God you are the trolliest troll to ever troll in the history of trolling.

First blood! First topic of 2010!

KC Green has just won my heart.

Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 17:21:34

At 11/8/09 11:27 AM, vgfa287 wrote:

So you don't believe in God, but still respect the moral values of the bible? Is that right?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 17:38:26

Yo bitches, im here to join the army!

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 18:02:34

At 11/8/09 05:38 PM, Master117chief wrote: Yo bitches, im here to join the army!

Great just take some sticky grenades, a battle rifle, make sure you throw them at ph0ne and whatever you do.

Don't Miss!

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 19:05:20

At 11/8/09 05:21 PM, ArmouredGRIFFON wrote:
At 11/8/09 11:27 AM, vgfa287 wrote:
So you don't believe in God, but still respect the moral values of the bible? Is that right?

no of course not. I don't think the bible deserves any respect what so ever. I really wasn't talking about myself before. all I was saying is that a creationist is someone who takes the creation account in the bible literally.

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 19:16:21

At 11/8/09 03:27 PM, ph0ne wrote: To everyone in this thread:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9IdL37PJ 2k&feature=related

For fuck's sake, not this bull shit again.

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-08 19:26:14

As has been said, just ignore ph0ne. Its difficult to do, but just force yourself to not reply.

Metal Hell ## Guitarists ## Stand Up Comedy

PSN: Look-a-Hill

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-09 17:12:14

ph0ne, who's ph0ne?

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2009-11-09 17:42:39

At 11/8/09 07:05 PM, vgfa287 wrote: no of course not. I don't think the bible deserves any respect what so ever. I really wasn't talking about myself before. all I was saying is that a creationist is someone who takes the creation account in the bible literally.

I believe in Creationism but not in God!

BBS Signature