00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Drake-Star just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Atheist Army

228,447 Views | 3,464 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-08 16:18:08

Can I join, none, I mean NONE of my freinds are athiest, and whenever I try to put my beilifes in the open they shut me down it pisses me off.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-08 17:02:59

At 9/8/08 12:08 PM, mrgoodevening wrote:
To current club members and any newcomers, how did it feel for you?

Before when I had faith (though I didn't really, just went through the song and dance) I was so confused, anything scientific (as I'm a very scientific person) that would contradict my "religion" would confuse me because I was supposed to believe in something with no evidence when I'm a purely evidence based person. I would lay around day and night, tossing and turning, the decision wrestling with itself. I looked around the world that was full of religious folk with thier plastic smiles and regulated life styles. I looked at how this "God" could allow hate and blood flow like streams when it preached peace and friendship.

I think the hipicritical things were the ones that changed me. This god was supposed to be all powerful, but it kept evil people on Earth. This god preached hate and intolerance, something my morals oppressed from day one of life. This god was almighty, but petty things like not likely it would send you to a place of burning, choking, screaming, and suffering for all of eternity...but it loved us? This was all BULLSHIT! How could I accept such barbaric ways of hate on my morals? So if God sends my soul to Hell (not that any of it's true mind you) because I have better morals than it than so be it.

Now I'm more confident, I can love and hate, I can accept anyone, no matter what color or sexuality or gender or mind set. I can pity those who havn't found Athism but also befriend them. It's so freeing!

Tell your dad that if he ever thinks he's the only Athiest (sometimes it feels that way in my city) to come check us out haha.

"Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body. It's dirty, obscene, not publicly performed " - Shalashaska-1

ZombieCrew SurvivalRP Siggy by Thimbles

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-08 17:36:58

At 9/8/08 05:02 PM, JakFro5t wrote: Tell your dad that if he ever thinks he's the only Athiest (sometimes it feels that way in my city) to come check us out haha.

LOL, I think he's ok, but thanks. However you bring up a good point. It is easy to feel alone as an atheist. Most of the time, religion is believed to be necessary for social organization, so when someone turns away from their religion, I suppose it's natural for them to think they no longer belong to a group. I don't think there should be anything wrong with atheists organizing on a larger level. Our voice falls on deaf ears most of the time. There probably is something out there like that, and I'll have to look it up . . . but not now. I need to go to work.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-08 17:47:26

Well, I was born Christian, but I became atheist aince I knew the fact that the religion don't believe in evolution, but since I know scientists proved it, I became atheist, cuz I know that is proved that God doesn't exist.

My sig sucks

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-08 18:49:15

At 9/8/08 05:02 PM, JakFro5t wrote: I looked at how this "God" could allow hate and blood flow like streams when it preached peace and friendship.

I feel obligated to say that the "hate and blood" was mankind's doing, not God's.

"Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional."

Also, Newgrounds can't stop the Brawl!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-08 21:18:09

At 9/8/08 06:49 PM, balto-boy wrote:
At 9/8/08 05:02 PM, JakFro5t wrote: I looked at how this "God" could allow hate and blood flow like streams when it preached peace and friendship.
I feel obligated to say that the "hate and blood" was mankind's doing, not God's.

what about AIDS or parasitic worms or the wasps that lay their eggs in a caterpillar and when they hatch it eats them alive

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-08 21:55:42

it saddens me that the minority group in the world has some of the most intelligently worded opinions on Newgrounds. I am in.

Jylmu Raouls

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-09 15:12:17

Are you serious? Granted it's obvious that people are naturally prone to violence but the Bible and it's God only promotes the damned hate and bloodshed. Don't worry I have proof for you.

I would suggest everyone bookmark this *cough*.

"Roleplaying is to the mind what masturbation is to the body. It's dirty, obscene, not publicly performed " - Shalashaska-1

ZombieCrew SurvivalRP Siggy by Thimbles

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-10 18:39:48

And who made mankind?

If mercedes builts an C class knowing the suspension strut will collasp within 3000 miles of driving do they build them?

Emmmm....no

So why would an all powerful, all knowing God make humans if he knows we're going to do this? Why wouldn't he make us different?

Clearly, the fault is Gods. I love how Religion loves playing the blame game on the designed instead of the designer.

It's basically like blaiming a clock for being broken.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-12 11:58:08

I'll join, I've been an atheist since 2007 and I don't regret it one bit

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-12 14:35:15

At 9/12/08 11:58 AM, Skalper wrote: I'll join, I've been an atheist since 2007 and I don't regret it one bit

Welcome to the Atheist Army!!!
Take your gun and grenades and let's destory religion!!

Haha. What a joke.

My sig sucks

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-13 06:46:47

HOLY FUCKING SHIT VENOMFANGX MIGHT GO TO JAIL!

first vid
Second vid

In case you didn't know venomfangx is the most popular creationist user on youtube.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-13 10:49:45

At 9/13/08 06:46 AM, Brick-top wrote: HOLY FUCKING SHIT VENOMFANGX MIGHT GO TO JAIL!

Creationists seem to find it hard to stay out of jail.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-13 11:06:47

I've unsubscribed from a lot of Youtube atheists (still subscribed to the Jref and PhilHellenes, who hasn't made anything for ages, but not EdwardCurrent or Patcondell or Thunderf00t) because they've turned into a bunch of fucking moany losers who never say anything interesting and never make a joke.

Was good when they didn't take themselves seriously, but now loads of 'em think they're actually changing the world and need to focus.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-13 23:47:54

yeah, PatCondell is far too much of a scripted, plain, meat and vegies atheist.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-14 11:58:03

Mind if I put this club in my sig to advertise?

My sig sucks

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-14 12:35:52

Sign me up. Religion is bullshiut and just causes violence.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-14 12:57:46

I'm atheist and would like to join.
My personal opinion is that religions were made in a time with little technology and they used it to explain away what they couldn't, but as technology progressed more and proved much of religion wrong but the religious people had believed it so long that even in the face of facts they would not stop believing in it so now they hold on to the little strands they have left(big bang mainly). Religions don't have proof of god so the only thing they have is what we have yet to prove.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-14 13:07:25

Both religion and atheist threads are laughable, yet very sad.

Are you happy with your religion? Good.
Are you happy without religion? Good.

But joining a group of retards who thinks only they are right and the other side of the coin is wrong? Shit.

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-14 13:17:09

At 9/14/08 01:07 PM, Fuoco wrote: BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH

It seems more retarded to flame everyone that disagrees with you.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-14 15:02:38

At 9/14/08 01:07 PM, Fuoco wrote: Both religion and atheist threads are laughable, yet very sad.

Are you happy with your religion? Good.
Are you happy without religion? Good.

But joining a group of retards who thinks only they are right and the other side of the coin is wrong? Shit.

Are you happy being a Republican? Good.
Are you happy being a Democrat? Good.

Do you think what you believe is as accurate as your mind can manage? YOU RETARD, YOU THINK YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT SOMETHING

AND EVERYONE BETTER STOP ARGUINGGGGG

the lamest posts in religion threads are the ones like 'stop arguing', please never post in here again

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-15 14:23:11

Creationism rising in Britain

oh no

and the comments section makes me feel a bit queasy

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-15 17:15:43

At 9/14/08 01:07 PM, Fuoco wrote: But joining a group of retards who thinks only they are right and the other side of the coin is wrong? Shit.

Hmm, yeah, I never considered the possibility that maybe god both exists, and doesn't exist, simultaneously.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-15 17:44:50

At 9/15/08 05:15 PM, SadisticMonkey wrote:
At 9/14/08 01:07 PM, Fuoco wrote: But joining a group of retards who thinks only they are right and the other side of the coin is wrong? Shit.
Hmm, yeah, I never considered the possibility that maybe god both exists, and doesn't exist, simultaneously.

yeah, have some balls and have an opinion

Either God exists or he doesn't (or maybe many Gods exist). Either Jesus was the Son of God or he wasn't. Either Muhammed was God's messenger or he wasn't. Make a choice, and make sure it's the correct one.

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-15 19:58:56

Sounds cool. I'm in.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-16 00:01:30

At 9/15/08 05:44 PM, Earfetish wrote:
Black or white

Because gray, blue, green and red doesn't exist.

Make a choice, and make sure it's the correct one.

I made a choice, but making sure it's an impossible endavour. Which makes the whole arguing, pointless.

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-16 06:32:44

At 9/16/08 12:01 AM, Fuoco wrote:
At 9/15/08 05:44 PM, Earfetish wrote:
Black or white
Because gray, blue, green and red doesn't exist.

Tell me EXACTLY how can atheists and theists both be correct?

There either is a god or there isn't.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-16 06:36:25

Why is there hate and blood (according to Christians)?

Adam & Eve ate from tree of knowlege.

Who put the tree there?

God put the tree there.

What special trait does god have?

omnipotence.

Wouldn't omnipotence let god know that they would eat fruit from said tree, and the implications this would entail?

Yes it would.

Therefore god IS responsible.

BBS Signature

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-16 19:23:11

"It's all part of God's divine plan. Except for when Adam and Eve saw the fruit - God didn't see that one coming at all."

Response to The Atheist Army 2008-09-16 19:38:10

"Politicians are like God. No one believes in them, they haven't done anything for ages, and they give jobs to their immediate family" - Andy Zaltzman